TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #421
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklybutsexy View Post
I've downloaded the latest tivostream file and whenever I try to run the .bat file the cmd window comes up for a brief second (not long enough to read it) and then nothing. Anything I'm doing wrong? I've download the latest java.
Start a cmd window (Start->Run... and type in cmd) and then go to the directory where the run_win.bat script is (using cd command) and then run the script there (just type run_win). That way you will be able to see the error message.
My guess is you don't have java in your path. If that's the case either add java to your windows path or edit the run_win.bat script and replace "java" with the full path to java.exe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #422
Sicklybutsexy

I'm an idiot. I didn't have runtime environment. now it works.
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #423
bluetex
Wha?

How is everyone else dealing with the need/want to run the tivostream as a service and not having to have the console window running all the time?

I've downloaded this "wrapper" .. the gpl version.
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org

Anyone else have a more elegant solution? This works, but you have to know how to monkey around with java to make it go.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #424
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetex View Post
How is everyone else dealing with the need/want to run the tivostream as a service and not having to have the console window running all the time?

I've downloaded this "wrapper" .. the gpl version.
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org

Anyone else have a more elegant solution? This works, but you have to know how to monkey around with java to make it go.
I haven't used Windows as my primary OS for several years - but there is/was a freeware tool (FireDaemon) that can be used to add most anything to the list of services. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's not comfortable administering Windows, since messing with services can cause serious breakage; but I found it very useful on occasion, and think it'd fit the bill perfectly.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #425
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
The minimize button?

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #426
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
I run tivostream through Galleon on Linux (which, coincidentally, uses the same wrapper).

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #427
bluetex
Wha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
The minimize button?
LOL. That's an elegant design? I didn't want to have the command box minimized any more than I want to have it maximized.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #428
moyekj

Keary has released a new and much improved HME streaming video application. Check it out:
TCF thread
streambaby home page

For any of you who are using tivostream or tried it before and weren't happy with it this is a must try. Keary did an excellent job adding new features, especially the random access anywhere in a video (even for mpeg4) and the workaround for the 1.1GB limit - stream is automatically restarted at the point where buffer ends while you are playing. The preview method ala Tivo/Netflix implementation is also a very cool feature, not to mention transcoding of incompatible streams such that you can stream a wide variety of videos (similar to pyTivo).

This application obsoletes tivostream so I don't plan any more updates for tivostream.

Last edited by moyekj : 01-20-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #429
Laserfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Keary has released a new and much improved HME streaming video application. Check it out....This application obsoletes tivostream so I don't plan any more updates for tivostream.
Lessee if I can spel this rite w/o a dictionary: How very magnanimous of you! Thanks for tivostream (and the memories)!
Laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #430
Sevenfeet
Gentle Giant

Thank you Moyekj for all your work with Tivostream over the last several months and to allow its use to kick off Streambaby. You're a great developer who always listened to the users and tried your best to give us what we wanted. Thank you.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #431
moyekj

Thanks guys. Enjoyed it. My first experience with HME and Java so I learned a lot in the process.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #432
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

As others have said, thank you moyekj for all the work you did on this, and are continuing to do in collaboration on the streambaby project.

I hope you will leave the tivostream info, source, and downloads available on Google Code for a while. I know that streambaby is likely the future, but IMHO for streaming h.264 video it's not yet quite on par with the current (final) state of tivostream in terms of problem-free viewing.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #433
kearygriffin

Just wanted to throw my 2-cents in here and thank moyekj also, both for all the work on tivostream and his help with streambaby.

I have to admit I was a little nervous when I first contacted him about streambaby, as I wasn't sure how he would react to a fork of tivostream. The offers of support/assistance/testing came immediately (all of which I took advantage of :-)

Last edited by kearygriffin : 01-25-2009 at 07:51 PM.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #434
aburt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scronin View Post
I've been looking all over trying over google and this thread trying to determine how to simply launch tivostream via galleon. I'd really like tivostream to always be running, and be in the background as a service on my always on desktop pc. What do I need to do to make this happen? what should my launch.txt file look like? Is there a way to makek tivostream launch as a service in windows vista other than via galleon, or can it be accomplished in another manner? I appreciate your help. I'm just not as techie, as you guys, and I must say i'm EXTREMELY impressed with the capability of both tivostream!!
Steve
If anyone's still looking for an answer to how to launch batch files at boot in the background on XP (without a task bar icon or command window), one way to do it is to put the .bat file into the Scheduled Tasks list (start -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> scheduled tasks), set to run at startup and run as user "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" (without quotes; note space after NT and backslash before SYSTEM; this is in the properties dialog for the entry).

Thanks to everyone who's worked on the streamers -- absolutely fabulous.
aburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #435
mbagshaw

Error 0xffff

It looks like there haven't been any posts on this forum since 2009, but I have just downloaded and installed version of StreamBaby released only recently so I gather it is still an active program.

I installed the program, changed the .ini file to point to my videos and launched the .bat. TiVo then lets me find the videos okay, but when I press PLAY I get an error x0ffff. Looking at the .bat window I get the following message is when I start StreamBaby:

Initializing StreamBaby v20111203-2132...
12/27/11 15:56:04 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
12/27/11 15:56:04 Listener: added factory
12/27/11 15:56:04 Main: streambaby ready & listening.

Is the message about not loading the FFmpeg native libraries the problem? If so, how do I fix this?
mbagshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #436
windracer
joined the 10k club

This is the really old thread. Try the current one.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote