TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
jqderrick

Tivo HD Freezing all the time

I just got a TiVo HD and I got it hooked up and run through guided setup. The first time I ran it through guided setup, I used the cable and antenna option because I have to wait a week for my cable card setup.

After going through guided setup, I was able to get to my channels and I was able to watch Live TV. The issues started to occur when something else started recording on the other tuner. As I was watching live tv, the TiVo would just freeze for 3 -5 minutes, then unfreeze for 10 seconds, then freeze for 3-5 minutes again. Then I can watch TV normally for about 20-30 minutes before this happens again.

I have the latest software version (I believe it was 9.4 or something) and I have tried soft resets, hard resets, clearing and deleting everything, re-running guided setup with just analog cable and no HD and I am still experiencing the freezing issues.

Here is the main question:

Is this what is happening to other people? if so, I'll call support and see what I can get to happen there. If this is completely different, I might just have a lemon.

I've read through other threads about this and I see some issues with freezing, but most of those deal with Digital channels
jqderrick is offline   Reply With Quote