TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
danxmanly

TiVo Desktop Transfers - 2ch audio stream only

So my title says it all... my TiVo desktop transfers seem to only be coming over with 2ch AC3 audio. Yes, the original recordings on the TiVo unit itself are 5.1 Dolby Digital.

I've searched this topic throughout this site, and google in general and can't seem to find anything about my specific problem.

So... yes, I'm new to the Roamio unit, but an old Series 2 guy from days gone by so somewhat familiar with the software but this one is baffling me. I can edit the shows no problem via VideoReDo to save to a media server, but no 5.1 is a deal breaker for me. Was using Windows Media Center and Ceton ETH 6 tuner device to do this previously, but that set up is not "girlfriend" friendly and she gave up on working the command center. ;-) Hence I just bought the new Roamio and 2 minis. Have to say I didn't realize how much I missed those little friendly easy to use beeps in Tivo.

Even tried kmttg java based program and it still comes over as 2ch.

Any one care to tell me something obvious I'm doing wrong?

danxmanly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
danxmanly

Ok.. user error... one of my transfers was indeed 5.1, and others I "assumed" had 5.1 were indeed not. To many late nights playing with my new toys.

danxmanly is offline   Reply With Quote