TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
ManvirS

Unable to use kmttg with Surface Pro?

Hi All!

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro and for some reason, I am not able to use kmttg. I download the file, extract it, but the actual shortcut you click on to open it never appears. I thought it was a Java issue (still think it might be), so I made sure the Pro had Java updated completely and according to the Java website, it is indeed the latest version. I even tried downloading an older version of kmttg (from 2012) and still, no shortcut to actually open the program. It extracts everything else perfectly. Is the Surface Pro just unable to use this program?
ManvirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
moyekj

What shortcut are you talking about? For normal Windows installations after you install kmttg you double-click on kmttg.jar to start the program. So you can manually make a shortcut to kmttg.jar file if you wish, but kmttg won't create any shortcut files.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
ManvirS

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
What shortcut are you talking about? For normal Windows installations after you install kmttg you double-click on kmttg.jar to start the program. So you can manually make a shortcut to kmttg.jar file if you wish, but kmttg won't create any shortcut files.
I apologize for not wording it correctly. The kmttg.jar file does NOT appear. That's the one where you click it and it automatically opens kmttg. No matter what I try, I can'g get that file to appear once extracting is done.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
moyekj

I don't know anything about Surface Pro or Windows 8, but I assume there must be some way you can bring up a File Browser of some sort and navigate to folder where you installed kmttg and double-click on kmttg.jar.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
ManvirS

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I don't know anything about Surface Pro or Windows 8, but I assume there must be some way you can bring up a File Browser of some sort and navigate to folder where you installed kmttg and double-click on kmttg.jar.
I'll take a screencap and put it up. I can get into the folder where I installed it with no problem. It is just that the .jar file is not there. I know it is a java file so that's why my first troubleshooting attempt to make sure I had the latest version of Java installed, which I do. Now I'm thinking that perhaps Java + Surface + Windows 8 = not a match.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
SugarBowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManvirS View Post
I'll take a screencap and put it up. I can get into the folder where I installed it with no problem. It is just that the .jar file is not there. I know it is a java file so that's why my first troubleshooting attempt to make sure I had the latest version of Java installed, which I do. Now I'm thinking that perhaps Java + Surface + Windows 8 = not a match.
I don't have a surface, but I am running kmttg on a Dell Venue 8 Pro (much less powerful than a surface).
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote