TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #301
T1V0

grab the backport drivers from ddb.
T1V0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #302
farleyruskz
Nunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1V0 View Post
grab the backport drivers from ddb.
That did the trick; thanks!
farleyruskz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #303
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by farleyruskz View Post
I'm having trouble getting USB to work after upgrading to 6.4a. The stock 6.4a drivers are of course not working, and I'm having trouble finding a set of drivers that will.

I'm using an FA120 (was working under 6.2a with the stock drivers). I read some posts on DDB that show others having success with that adapter by using the stock usbnet.o from 6.3f...but since I went straight from 6.2a to 6.4a I don't have a copy of that.

I tried the stock usbnet.o from 6.2a, but that didn't work. Was hoping someone could post or send me a copy of the drivers they used to get an FA120 working under 6.4a?

I would say this question should be asked in the Underground forum.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #304
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Anybody Get Slices Lately

I still have two HDVR2's that didn't get them. Seven of them, one of which is unsubbed, got them starting on 5/17/08.

Any ideas? Lou, do you have them yet?
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.

Last edited by unclemoosh : 07-12-2008 at 10:31 AM.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #305
kpollari

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemoosh View Post
I still have two HDVR2's that didn't get them. Seven of them, one of which is unsubbed, got them starting on 5/17/08.

Any ideas? Lou, do you have them yet?
I just got mine in the past week or so on my HR-250. I was beginning to wonder if they were going to show up.
kpollari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #306
DeereWright

Dsr704

I have received the update to my HR10-250, but was wondering if anyone has received the update on a DSR704. I just started it dialing out last week, but haven't received the update yet. Am I too late??? If so, does anyone have the slices or a DSR704 6.4a image?

Thanks
DeereWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #307
marrone
Phased Member

Still no 6.4a here

-Mike
Old 08-21-2008, 05:53 AM   #308
tivosgreat

Hi,
Does anyone know if the 6.4 update is still being sent out by DTV. I have a PhillipsDSR 708 that crashed on me. I still had the tivo.bak from 4-5 years ago and put it on a new harddrive and everything is working except I noticed the software version is 3.1 and I don't have folders, etc. that I guess came with the updates. Thanks for any info.
tivosgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #309
jmuscat2

I just got the update to 6.4a and unfortunatley for me my networking is no longer available. I use Vonage for phone service so I need the networking to make the necessary connections. I had 6.2a working flawlessly before the upgrade. Apparently when the upgrade was applied it erased any alterations that had been appplied. Is it possible to get them back? I have no problem removing the drive the dtivo if necessary but I'm unclear as to how to get the necessary info installed. Any help would be most appreciated.

P.S. I have burning through Google looking for any info I could find without much luck.
jmuscat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #310
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Simply repeat what you did to enable the hacks for 6.2a. However, you do not need a phone connection at all.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #311
marrone
Phased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuscat2 View Post
I just got the update to 6.4a
Did you just finally make a call (which triggered the download) or how did you just obtain it?

-Mike
Old 11-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #312
jmuscat2

I'm not sure when it made the call. It has been hooked up to make the call through the network for a few month's. Possibly had the slices for a while but was just rebooted due to a power outage? Not real sure. I just upgaded to 6.2a a couple of month's ago. I had been running 4.0 (I think it was) for a couple of years. I do like what I've seen so far from 6.4 though. I'll pull the drive again and see what I can figure out.
jmuscat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:16 AM   #313
Endless

Got the upgrade

I also had been waiting for a few months, and just this week my box finally got the update. I didn't do anything special (tried forced calls before), guess a regular call finally picked it up.
Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #314
marrone
Phased Member

Ok, I can believe that.

Because...ta-da...I finally got 6.4a myself! I'm assuming it was at 2am on November 13.

I noticed it when my 30sec advance had to be reinstated, by hitting the end of the show I was recording...and got the "delete?" menu with an ad on it. Prowled around and verified I got the upgrade.

Interestingly:
The unit did NOT make a nightly call for the past week. I'm 100% sure because I have to string the phone cord clear across the house, and it's been at least a week since I did that. I also never saw a pending restart anywhere (and I've been looking). What actually triggered the reboot I have no clue.
The daily calls I've been making for the past few months, about every 2 weeks, were not very long in length at all. Unless it really did download it in very small slices, I question if this was the case. Maybe it was, I dunno.
Perhaps it is back in stream. That seems more likely. But something triggered the reboot, and it wasn't the phone call (since it obviously didn't happen, unless my cat hooked up the phone cord). Maybe it pushed it in a way to not need the phone line?

Here's even stranger: I have programs in the "deleted" folder going back all the way to SEPTEMBER! And this is including a few football games, too. So 6.2a was keeping track of deleted recordings for some reason.

I also noticed 3 less total hours. It now reads a max of 233 hours, down from 236 (gotta update my sig). Unless it was only a change in the estimation calculation, and really didn't take up 3GB extra on my drive. Being a 250GBer, I don't mind, but I'd be ticked if I only had a 40GB drive in there and lost 3 hours of recording space (almost 10%).

This whole upgrade is odd. Very odd. But glad to have it. Now I don't have to worry about my wife deleting shows I haven't watched yet.

-Mike
Old 11-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #315
dtremain

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrone View Post
I have programs in the "deleted" folder going back all the way to SEPTEMBER! And this is including a few football games, too. So 6.2a was keeping track of deleted recordings for some reason.
Just like any computer hard drive, the files don't really get erased just because you direct that they be deleted. They only get truly erased when the disk is out of room and needs it to record something new. So, the old programs were always there. What 6.4a does that is different is to provide a means of selecting them. That's why it brought up programs back to September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrone View Post
I also noticed 3 less total hours. It now reads a max of 233 hours, down from 236 (gotta update my sig). Unless it was only a change in the estimation calculation, and really didn't take up 3GB extra on my drive. Being a 250GBer, I don't mind, but I'd be ticked if I only had a 40GB drive in there and lost 3 hours of recording space (almost 10%).
It's just a change in the estimation. If you had programs you didn't know about backed up to September, an hour more or less is hardly going to matter to you, but, in fact, there is no real change.
dtremain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #316
bgrubb1

Setting Static IP

Can anyone help me get a "reliable" static IP on an HR10-250 running 6.4a installed via slicer ?? If I run netconfig then run set_static, the static address sets, then later reverts to dhcp and seems to be overall un-reliable (I can transfer short files, drops on long files)
If static is a no go any pointers on how to get dhcp reliable again ?
bgrubb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #317
Slick Rick
Slick Rick

Question Which Software Upgrade Should I Use?

Hello all.

I have on software versions 6.2, 6.3 and now from the sat 6.4 on nemerious TiVo's in my home.

What is each software versions for?

Which Software Upgrade Should I Use for networking?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #318
su_A_ve

Being sent now via satellite. I have vonage and and older huges whose modem cannot be slowed down. Over two months ago I tried many times to force an update via serial PPP. Calls were successful but never got the update.

This past weekend, call was successful and got 6.4a.

But remote schedule is not working
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #319
Sand_Dune_Dude

Sorry to bring this up in such an old thread....

I've had a HR10-250 sitting around off-line for 2 years, still active account though.

I've hooked it back up to a dish and have it working. However I noticed it's running 6.3e version code.

Does anyone know if I will eventually get 6.4 via satelite automatically?

It has successfully made several phone calls, but I don't have a permenate line attached..... will look into USB-Ethernet connection later.
Sand_Dune_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #320
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
It will eventually if a phone line is attached. USB-Ethernet won't help you here.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #321
pstgh

SDDude>

I too have an older 10-250 that I've had laying around (it was my father's light years ago). I was holding it until I obtain an HDTV, but am now wondering if the new HD DTV boxes aren't better?

Can you comment on which may be better- especially as it relates to the hmo options?

Thanks.
pstgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #322
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well, the DirecTV boxes can get all of the HD channels, whereas the HR10 is limited to just a couple at present, and those will be going away. DirecTV supports streaming to your PC.

If you don't have an HDTV, then there's no particular rush to get a new box (and indeed DirecTV won't activate a new HD box for you unless you have an HDTV.)
Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #323
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
Well, the DirecTV boxes can get all of the HD channels, whereas the HR10 is limited to just a couple at present, and those will be going away. DirecTV supports streaming to your PC.

If you don't have an HDTV, then there's no particular rush to get a new box (and indeed DirecTV won't activate a new HD box for you unless you have an HDTV.)

Sure they will. But you still have to pay the extra dough for the HD channels whether you can utilize them or not.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #324
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I have heard of people successfully able to have the HD charge removed if they have no 2x-series boxes.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #325
DeereWright

Thumbs up

I have an HR10-250 as well, and I am not being charged for the HD channels. I have had DirecTV call me and offer the free upgrade to HD, but since I don't have an HDTV, I don't want or need the HD yet. I also don't have the dish to support all the HD, so they waive the HD charge, (or credit it back, I'd have to look at my bill).
DeereWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #326
C DM

Wanted to check in to see what the current consensus might be when it comes to getting the latest version (looks like it's still 6.4a) on a Hughes Series 2 box that has 6.2a and was out of use for a while and has recently been reactivated and put back into use (connected to both satellite and phone)--is it still being sent out to boxes that don't have it, and, if so, how long could it take for a box to get it?. Is there anything in particular that would either speed up (or perhaps delay or even prevent) getting the latest update?

Last edited by C DM : 03-04-2010 at 12:08 PM.
C DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #327
jacket88
Hand on Member

I've posted about this a couple times in a different thread. I recently (2 months ago) activated an R10 that hadn't been used since it had 6.1a. I haven't been able to get it to update in the 2 months with daily calls. I personally don't believe it is still being sent out, although one user keeps insisting it'll come over the phone line.
jacket88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #328
marrone
Phased Member

I missed 6.4a the first time it was sent over the satellite. A few months later it was sent, and my box got it. No phone line involved (it wasn't even connected). Hopefully they'll do it again.

Why they aren't upgrading over the phone, I have no idea.

-Mike
Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #329
justme

I want my 6.4a back

Sigh, my hard drive was going bad so I swapped in a 6.2a version (hacked). It sounds like they do occasionally send out 6.4a over the satellite (without phone connection)? I called DTV, they say it is all over the phone and don't support Tivo software updates via satellite. I'd like to slice it again to get back to 6.4a.
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #330
whitepelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
Sigh, my hard drive was going bad so I swapped in a 6.2a version (hacked). It sounds like they do occasionally send out 6.4a over the satellite (without phone connection)? I called DTV, they say it is all over the phone and don't support Tivo software updates via satellite. I'd like to slice it again to get back to 6.4a.
http://www.dvrupgrade.com/software/u...a-0.slices.tgz
whitepelican is offline   Reply With Quote