TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #631
astrohip
Stuart F

In case I never said it, THANK YOU for this program. My wife religiously uses it. Before they conceived of a TiVo Mini, I created a remote TiVo TV by using an HDMI<>Ethernet adapter, run thru CAT-5 to the kitchen TV, using your program on her laptop to control her bedroom TiVo while watching the kitchen TV. She's happy, I'm happy.

Thank you!
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #632
jwagner010

Is there a way to send a command through the Network Remote interface on the Tivo to start playing a particular show? I know I can send commands that emulate presses of the remote, but is there a way just to tell the tivo which show to start playing in a single command?
jwagner010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #633
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner010 View Post
Is there a way to send a command through the Network Remote interface on the Tivo to start playing a particular show? I know I can send commands that emulate presses of the remote, but is there a way just to tell the tivo which show to start playing in a single command?
Not through telnet, no. But you can with series 4 units and RPC Remote such as used by iPad/Android apps & kmttg remote.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #634
tzroberts

DirecTV Tivo?

Has anyone played with the DirecTV TiVo? I am wondering if it accepts the same codes on port 31339 as other TiVos.
Thannks
tzroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #635
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Network Remote 0.28

A new version of my remote control program:

The Mac app bundle is now signed (for compatibility with Gatekeeper), and sandboxed -- its only permissions are network access. This cost me $99, so please donate.

GTK 3+ and ttk widgets for Tkinter are now supported, with fallbacks to the old APIs and options to select them. ttk often looks quite a bit nicer than the old Tk version. (ttk requires Python 2.7, AFAIK.)

Color highlights are now used for a few keys (A/B/C/D, Thumbs, Rec, Pause), where available (can be disabled by option).

The "graphical" button labels are now the default for most environments, selectable via option and, now, togglable at runtime by pressing "G" (capitalized -- lowercase "g" is still Guide).

Landscape mode can also now be toggled at runtime, by pressing "L" (capitalized -- lowercase "l" is still LiveTV). In addition, at startup, if the remote is too "tall" for the screen, it will switch to landscape mode automatically.

Restored shortcut keys for Aspect ("a") and CC ("c").

More robust Zeroconf.

http://wmcbrine.com/tivo/#remote

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:24 AM   #636
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Awesome, thanks so much wmcbrine! I'm traveling at the moment, but really excited to check it out when I get back home. To what address can I send a PayPal donation?

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #637
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
To what address can I send a PayPal donation?
wmcbrine@gmail.com

And there's a button at the bottom of this page.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #638
ppeewang

A few bugs I noticed, wondering if it is just me or if anyone else experienced these:

1. using the latest version, for some reason arrow keys don't work anymore. Any ideas ?

2. I also noticed that I can't delete anything that I have uploaded to the Tivo. Anything recorded directly from TV deletes fine. this is on both the new and older version. This was working fine before.
ppeewang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:56 AM   #639
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppeewang View Post
A few bugs I noticed, wondering if it is just me or if anyone else experienced these:

1. using the latest version, for some reason arrow keys don't work anymore. Any ideas ?

2. I also noticed that I can't delete anything that I have uploaded to the Tivo. Anything recorded directly from TV deletes fine. this is on both the new and older version. This was working fine before.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=515616