TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #481
digger69

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
11.0h arrived on my S3 this morning. It adds support for the new keyboard remote (and other USB keyboards), and I assumed that it would also support the KEYBOARD command via the telnet interface, as on the Premiere, since to me those features go hand in hand. Sadly, this appears not to be the case. However, 11.0h does add support for the A/B/C/D buttons.
Very cool. I'm not too keen on the difference between the S3 and HD... should I hold out hope for usb keyboard support for my HD? Frankly, the usb keyboard support was the only compelling reason I could think of going to the premiere.... not worth the $$ imho.
digger69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #482
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

The HD is/will be the same as the S3 in terms of keyboard support. They're both going to 11.0h.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #483
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Big Grin

Quote:
The HD is/will be the same as the S3 in terms of keyboard support. They're both going to 11.0h.
THD under 11.0h and tried my PC USB wireless keyboard.

F1 = TiVo Button
F2 = Live TV
F3 = Live Guide
F4 = CLEAR
F5 =
F6 =
F7 = Channel UP
F8 = Channel DN
F9 = REC
F10 = Info
Pause/Break = Pause button
ESC = CLEAR

Number keys work for entry on all 'TYPE' screen entries, amazon, youtube as well.
Alpha keys only work on ie: 'find program by title'

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #484
tiwizard

I love this thing! Works great for bugging whoever's on the TV
tiwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #485
CTMCCURDY

Alpha syntax for telnet'ing ouija boards

Thanks to all for the info posted about the telnet feature. I have a TivoHD upgraded to 1TB and have been searching for a way to send letters to the ouija boards. I searched for days on how to use the KEYBOARD command - no luck. I finally tried IRCODE A on the "Search by Title" and Wishlist screens - much to my surprise it worked. However, it didn't work on the "Tivo Search" and other screens.

Sorry if this is not news, but I searched and didn't find IRCODE used this way anywhere else so I decided to post. Any suggestions for the telnet'ing to the other ouija boards?

Thanks
CTMCCURDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #486
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMCCURDY View Post
Thanks to all for the info posted about the telnet feature. I have a TivoHD upgraded to 1TB and have been searching for a way to send letters to the ouija boards. I searched for days on how to use the KEYBOARD command - no luck. I finally tried IRCODE A on the "Search by Title" and Wishlist screens - much to my surprise it worked. However, it didn't work on the "Tivo Search" and other screens.

Sorry if this is not news, but I searched and didn't find IRCODE used this way anywhere else so I decided to post. Any suggestions for the telnet'ing to the other ouija boards?

Thanks
I use an inexpensive Wii keyboard, works great on the TiVo-HD with v11h

Old 08-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #487
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMCCURDY View Post
I finally tried IRCODE A on the "Search by Title" and Wishlist screens - much to my surprise it worked. However, it didn't work on the "Tivo Search" and other screens.
I just tried to do this on my THD and it worked, however only capitalized letters works and lower case letters produced an 'Invalid Key' Error.

Example: I just tried.....

Code:
IRCODE H
IRCODE E
IRCODE L
IRCODE L
IRCODE O
IRCODE SPACE
IRCODE T
IRCODE NUM1
IRCODE V
IRCODE NUM0
(if you copy the above and paste the above to a telnet window connected to a Tivo, the field works if it says 'HELLO T1V0'. On apps that won't work, you will only see '10')

and the Tivo showed 'HELLO TIVO' on the input search line of Wishlist/program search. (I didn't enter each line one by one, rather I pasted the whole thing to the telnet window all at once.)

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 09-03-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Changed a couple letters to numbers.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #488
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

CTMCCURDY, the use of the KEYBOARD command is described in post #465 of this thread. It works just like you described for IRCODE, but it only works on the Premiere. Oh, and it does work for HME apps (on the Premiere).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 PM   #489
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Confirmed -- this new IRCODE method works on both the Series 3 and Premiere, and it does work in HME, too. (CTMCCURDY, you must've just run into one of the HME apps that wasn't updated yet.) So far, I can't see a difference between this and the KEYBOARD command, except for working on non-Premiere units.

I'll be updating my remote to use this now... thanks CTMCCURDY.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #490
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

TiVo Remote 0.23

Updated now. And since the new text entry method works (almost) everywhere, it's now the default (i.e., Cols is initially set to 0 rather than 4).

Old 09-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #491
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

If this one works with our Tivo, we can speak to it instead.

Sit, Tivo, Sit! Good Tivo.

~~~~~

Old 09-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #492
jimpmc

Quote:
Updated now. And since the new text entry method works (almost) everywhere, it's now the default (i.e., Cols is initially set to 0 rather than 4).
Thanks for the update. I have a TiVo HD, but don't seem to be able to get any HME apps to work with the direct IRCODE approach (col=0). I tried YouTube, Rhapsody, Tivo Search, and Amazon. Which ones do work at this point? Does the IRCODE way work with HME on a Tivo HD running 11.0h?
jimpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #493
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpmc View Post
Thanks for the update. I have a TiVo HD, but don't seem to be able to get any HME apps to work with the direct IRCODE approach (col=0). I tried YouTube, Rhapsody, Tivo Search, and Amazon. Which ones do work at this point? Does the IRCODE way work with HME on a Tivo HD running 11.0h?
It only works on the main Tivo menus ie: search by title, wishlists.

~~~~~

Old 09-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #494
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

No, it should now work in all the HME apps that have been updated to support it, and the same way in both 11.0h and 14.5. But, I'm surprised to see it not working in YouTube on my S3. The only one that I can say for sure works is Reversi. I'll have to investigate further. (I notice that the YouTube app makes a series of bongs, so it seems to be receiving something.)

Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #495
CTMCCURDY

Wii Keyboard arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I use an inexpensive Wii keyboard, works great on the TiVo-HD with v11h
Less than $20 from buy.com. Works really nice and only about 6" by 12". Thanks lessd
CTMCCURDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #496
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

OK... it's almost like they went out of their way to mess this up. The IRCODE version of direct input returns both KEY_PRESS and KEY_RELEASE events to HME apps, as it should -- but as the real USB keyboards (including the Slide) and the KEYBOARD command do NOT do; they return only KEY_RELEASE. Perversely, it seems that getting the KEY_PRESS events actually breaks, e.g., the YouTube app, which responds to KEYBOARD (and to a real keyboard), but not to IRCODE. In fact the only app I can find that's handling everything correctly is my own Reversi, based on HME for Python.

I think having support for the built-in menus on S3/HD is more important than YouTube on the Premiere (only), so for now, I'll stick with IRCODE over KEYBOARD, while I hope for TiVo to fix this. Although, I could switch between them based on the type of TiVo or software version...

Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #497
wtbaxter

Is there an alternative to using the Crestron protocol for programming a Series 3+ TiVo box?
wtbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #498
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Eh, define "programming". Scheduling a recording? You could use the scheduling web site at tivo.com (or m.tivo.com), although you'd have to screen scrape.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #499
MrGolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbaxter View Post
Is there an alternative to using the Crestron protocol for programming a Series 3+ TiVo box?
If you're referring to Crestron programming, you should try http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Crestron/.
MrGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #500
Shaun5

Thanks to this thread, I have had port 31339 control working on my s3 HD for a year... I just upgraded to a premiere and control is still working, except for the arrow keys when I am in the video output screen (but I can use the ir arrow keys). If I exit the video output menu by pressing the left arrow key on the ir remote, all the instances I have pressed arrow keys are carried out in the other menu. Has anyone come across this?? I have firmware 14.5.
Shaun5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:34 AM   #501
PacinoScar

is there a program where i can run a remote control on my laptop? pls forgive me i just just found this thread today and only got through 7 pages so far so if someone could help that would be great
PacinoScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #502
PacinoScar

hopefully
PacinoScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 AM   #503
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacinoScar View Post
is there a program where i can run a remote control on my laptop? pls forgive me i just just found this thread today and only got through 7 pages so far so if someone could help that would be great

Try reading back up a few replies to post #496, at the bottom is 'Tivo Remote' click on it.

but, I see you only have 4 posts, and you need 10 to be able to see links.

Note: This only works on Series 3/HD/HDXL/premiere and not on any Series 2 or earlier.

~~~~~

Old 11-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #504
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacinoScar View Post
is there a program where i can run a remote control on my laptop?
http://github.com/wmcbrine/tivoremote

Quote:
pls forgive me i just just found this thread today and only got through 7 pages so far
It's covered in the first seven pages (although not that URL).

BTW, thinking that the thread is too long is a poor reason to make it longer.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #505
uspino

Help - Command line channel change?

I'm trying to set up my Hauppauge HD-PVR to send a command line channel change to the TiVo. The HD-PVR can start an external application or command line bat file, and adds the channel number as a command line parameter to trigger the channel change.

Is there a way I can get this to work? I've tried a simple bat script to telnet into the TiVo, but my programming skills are not good enough. Basically I need something like this:

telnet 192.168.0.181 31339 SETCH %%%, whereas the %%% number is manually set as a command line parameter.

Help please!
uspino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #506
uspino

OK I'm answering myself here. For anybody interested, I created a small vbs script that can be run with the channel number as argument. Just run "tivo.vbs 602" from a command prompt, or a shortcut in windows, and it will telnet into your Tivo and change channel to 602. You only need to modify the script with your Tivo's internal address.

I'm new to this, so the script is not very elegant (it quickly opens and closes a DOS window). If anybody can make it a little better or less intrusive, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've also made myself a simple but effective Windows Gadget using Launch Control (you can find version 1.6 in Windows Live Gadget Gallery). You can just add shortcuts to the tivo.vbs script with the channel number as argument, change the icon to that of a channel, and you have a nice Windows 7 Gadget remote. You can also add shortcuts to buttons (Live TV, et.) by editing the script accordingly.

Here's the script (copy and paste into Notebook and save as "tivo.vbs"):

'********************************************
' Name: Batch Telnet Script for TiVo & HD-PVR
' Description: Change channels in TiVo via command line
' by executing this tivo.vbs followed by the channel number
' as command line argument.
' By: uspino
' (c) 2010
'**************************************
'
'Use argument parameter as channel number
'
Dim ArgObj, var1
Set ArgObj = WScript.Arguments
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
var1 = ArgObj(0)
'
'
'Create the shell object
set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'
'Start up command prompt
oShell.run"cmd.exe"
WScript.Sleep 50
'
'Send keys to active window; change the IP address to that of your TiVo. Keep the port number.
oShell.SendKeys"telnet 192.168.1.153 31339"
'Emulate the enter key
oShell.SendKeys ("{Enter}")
WScript.Sleep 50
'
'Send the channel number to TiVo
oShell.SendKeys"SETCH "
oShell.SendKeys var1
oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")
WScript.Sleep 50
'
'Exit and close window
Set objWMI = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}")
Set objProcess = objWMI.InstancesOf("Win32_process")
For each Process in objProcess
If (instr(1,lcase(Process.name),lcase("telnet.exe")) > 0) then
Process.terminate 0
End If
Next
oShell.SendKeys"exit{ENTER}"
oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")
oShell.SendKeys"% "

Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #507
uspino

The script ended up being complicated and unreliable, and I never liked the fact that it opend and closed a DOS window. So with the invaluable help of some nice folks at the AutoIt forums, I wrote an extremely simple application that does exactly what I wanted. This is the code:

TCPStartup()
$fp = TCPConnect($CmdLine[1], $CmdLine[2])
Sleep(300)
TCPSend($fp, "SETCH " & $CmdLine[3] & @CRLF)
Sleep(300)
$ack = TCPRecv($fp, 40)
TrayTip("TiVo Channel Change", $ack, 10, 0)
Sleep(2000)
TCPShutdown()

I compiled it into an exe (both 32 & 64bit) that can be downloaded here:

megaupload.com/?d=FEIJBUXC

To make sure that anybody else with a TiVo can use it, I used command line arguments for all the variables:

Usage:
EXE + Yout TiVo LAN IP address + Telnet Port Number (usually 31339) + Channel Number

Example:
C:\TivoChannelChanger.exe 192.168.1.153 31339 689

Your TiVo (located at 192.168.1.153 and accessed through port 31339) will change to channel 689 and you will see a small and short confirmation bubble on the Windows tray.

If you happen to have an HD-PVR for Media Center recording, here's how the Regsitry looks like:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\PSWTuner\HCW49SWT\Blaster]
"ActiveBlaster"=dword:00000002
"ExtAppArgs"="192.168.1.153 31339 %c"
"ExtAppName"="C:\\TiVoChannelChanger.exe"
"FlushOnChannelChange"=dword:00000000
"IntOpenMode"=dword:00000001
"PauseOnChannelChange"=dword:00000000
Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #508
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

This is quite limited to just changing channels when there is a lot more commands available.

~~~~~

Old 12-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #509
uspino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
This is quite limited to just changing channels when there is a lot more commands available.
I know, but it's all I needed. AutoIt is an outstanding freeware programming tool. If you look at the code in my post, it's so simple that there's plenty of things that can be done with just a few changes or additions. I encourage everybody to modify it to their needs.

I've created myself a small TiVo Remote Gadget for Windows 7 using Launch Control v1.6 gadget. It gives me access to my 5 news channels (with station logos) and basic playback/guide functions.

upload image
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remote.jpg (8.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #510
uspino

Here's a slightly different version. It reads the IP address and Port Number from an INI file (the INI file has to be in the same directory). Once you modify the INI file with your IP and Port (31339), you can use it with 2 line arguments, like this:

C:\TivoRemote.exe SETCH 689 (Changes TiVo to Channel 689)
C:\TivoRemote.exe IRCODE PAUSE (Pause button on TiVo remote)
C:\TivoRemote.exe IRCODE FORWARD (Forward button on TiVo remote)
C:\TivoRemote.exe IRCODE LIVETV (LiveTV button on TiVo remote)

...and so on. The application is as small as it can be. It provides a 2-second bubble with feedback on the Windows tray only when the SETCH command is used, so you can visually verify the change. Again, anybody can now build a TiVo Remote Gadget in Windows 7 using the Gallery Gadget I mentioned in the previous post, with shortcut to channels and/or buttons.

For anybody interested, here's also the AutoIt source code:

$WORKINGDIR = @ScriptDir ; Reads INI file from same directory as EXE file
$var1 = IniRead($WORKINGDIR & "\TiVoRemote.ini", "TiVo LAN IP and Port Number", "IP", "IP Address Not Found in INI file") ; Reads IP from INI file
$var2 = IniRead($WORKINGDIR & "\TiVoRemote.ini", "TiVo LAN IP and Port Number", "Port", "Port Number NotFound in INI file") ; ; Reads Port from INI file

TCPStartup() ; Opens Telnet Connection
$fp = TCPConnect($var1, $var2) ; Telnets TiVo at provided IP and Port Number

TCPSend($fp, $CmdLine[1] & " " & $CmdLine[2] & @CRLF) ; Sends Commands to TiVo
Sleep(390) ; Allows time to TiVo to return Local and Remote Channel Status
$ack = TCPRecv($fp, 40)

If $CmdLine[1] = "SETCH" Then ; Provides Windows Tray Bubble Feedback only on channel change
TrayTip("TiVo Channel Change", $ack, 10, 1)
Sleep(2000) ; Gives tray bubble 2 seconds to disappear
TCPShutdown()
Else
TCPShutdown()
EndIf
Exit

And here's the 32 and 64-bit EXE files, the necessary INI file and TiVo's PDF with the full list of commands.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GAX49JNB