TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #421
djl25
C64 hacker

I posted a script at the other forum called send_url.vbs that made it easy to send commands to Tivoweb from a batch file by opening IE in the background. Call it with something like:
send_url.vbs "<<tivoipaddress>>/sendkey/tivo"
Link is here (remove the X):
http://www.dealXdatabase.com/forum/s...&postcount=617

Kinda slow, however. I had another script lying around that let you do the same with a telnet session. Much faster IIRC, but it required you install w3sockets from dimac. Let me know if it would help you at all and I'll dig it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
The web remote of tivowebplus is handicapped by its requirement to send each key individually over the web. I'd like an application like this one which could control the sendkey commands quickly. Any thoughts?

djl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #422
sfxc13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl25 View Post
I had another script lying around that let you do the same with a telnet session. Much faster IIRC, but it required you install w3sockets from dimac. Let me know if it would help you at all and I'll dig it out.
This sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Would love to play with it if you can find it.
Thanks
sfxc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #423
djl25
C64 hacker

Found it. I don't want to hijack this thread, so head over to DDB and check out http://dealdataXbase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=302976 (remove the X).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
This sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Would love to play with it if you can find it.
Thanks

djl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #424
Carlton Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBTheater View Post
PZAND, how is this going to make your Pronto 9600 soooo much better? Have you figured out a way to do 2-way communication using your Pronto?
I'd also like to do IP control using a Pronto Professional remote. Anyone with any more details?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #425
wilsongti

Quote:
CWEB,
Now you're talking. I've been searching for a couple of days and this thread seems to come the closest to what I'm trying to achieve.
I am a professional custom installer of the Philips Pronto line of controllers and am looking at how I can get 2-way control of Tivo Series 3 units. The Pronto does have 2-way communication ability through IP or RS-232. IP, it seems, would be the preferred method of communication.

So, has anyone out there got anything going yet in this area or am I going to have to try and create this from scratch using the information in this thread? Is there better information anywhere else?

Thanks,
Green Bay Custom Theater LLC
(The ONLY Pronto Level 3 Certified Installer in the United States)
GBTheater,
I am currently working on a 2-way tivo control for a TSU9400, it is nearly ready for prime time, hopefully in the next few weeks. It will have pricing for individual and professional use. It is currently in quality assurance testing now and in the process of being re-skinned since it is currently using the default philips buttons. I mostly do web development and adobe Flash/Flex apps so scripting is second nature. Also, how do you go about getting the level 3 certification?
wilsongti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #426
GBTheater
Tivo user since 2000

Big Grin Pronto Level 3 certification

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsongti View Post
GBTheater,
I am currently working on a 2-way tivo control for a TSU9400, it is nearly ready for prime time, hopefully in the next few weeks. It will have pricing for individual and professional use. It is currently in quality assurance testing now and in the process of being re-skinned since it is currently using the default philips buttons. I mostly do web development and adobe Flash/Flex apps so scripting is second nature. Also, how do you go about getting the level 3 certification?
Once you obtain your level 1 and level 2 certifications, you can request a level 3 certification. You then receive a Power Point with an XCF. The Power Point tells you what you need to do with the XCF and you have to answer 4 questions on the Power Point. You have one week to complete everything and submit back to Philips. They will review it and let you know if you passed.

You're actually setting up a medium complexity, 2-room system with Power Sense, IR emitters, and RS-232 control. They also want you to submit an example of a recent file you've completed for someone else and it must contain a Pronto Script module with 2-way feedback.
GBTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #427
GBTheater
Tivo user since 2000

Big Grin Philips Pronto IP Control of Tivo Series 3 over IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsongti View Post
GBTheater,
Wilson, please keep me posted on your progress. I am very interested in this module.
GBTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #428
JonHB

Quote:
Wilson, please keep me posted on your progress. I am very interested in this module.
Using the Tivo telnet interface via the Pronto makes keypress/buttons lightning fast! Way better than the IR.

I have a module I did that is working, but it loses the socket connection when my TSU9600 goes into sleep mode. If I go back to the home menu and re-enter the activity, the socket is reset and functions fine.

If you would like a copy of this to try and work on the socket logic, you can download it here:
http://www.welfringer.com/homevision...tivotelnet.zip

Regards,
Jon
JonHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #429
TexasGrillChef

Great Job for a good basic TV remote!

Lots of great ways to make improvements... but I must say... good job!

TGC
TexasGrillChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #430
jfh3

The Tivo Netmote jar file doesn't work for me - launches the ap, but nothing happens after I configure my Tivo IP address (yes, network control enabled on the Tivo)

How do I figure out why?
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #431
Carlton Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHB View Post
Using the Tivo telnet interface via the Pronto makes keypress/buttons lightning fast! Way better than the IR.

I have a module I did that is working, but it loses the socket connection when my TSU9600 goes into sleep mode. If I go back to the home menu and re-enter the activity, the socket is reset and functions fine.

If you would like a copy of this to try and work on the socket logic, you can download it here:
http://www.welfringer.com/homevision...tivotelnet.zip

Regards,
Jon
Great Jon, thanks for posting this! Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. If I can figure out any improvements, I'll post an update. What are your rules for modifying/reusing the code? Do all improvements need to contributed back publicly? Again, thanks all of your work on this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #432
JonHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale View Post
Great Jon, thanks for posting this! Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. If I can figure out any improvements, I'll post an update. What are your rules for modifying/reusing the code? Do all improvements need to contributed back publicly? Again, thanks all of your work on this.
You may use it for any purposes you wish. I would just like to get copies back of any version that cleans up the socket issue and/or contains a prettier interface.
JonHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #433
Softail95
Early Adopter

Now Playing Problem

Hello,

I cannot seem to get the Now Playing screen to operate properly with version 0.25... It downloads the list correctly, and I can scroll it and click it on my iTouch. But, when I select a program to view, it sends the TiVo HD to some other program and plays it. I have my TiVo set to Alphabetical with Grouping on. I set the TiVo remote ap likewise (Uses Groups=on,Sorts By Date=off). It seems like it might be ignoring the Sorts By Date setting on the remote..... So, I tried setting the TiVo and the remote to use Alphabetical sorting, but it still picks the wrong program... Anyone have any similar experience or help?

Bob

TiVo - Sony SVR2000 240Gb Series 1
Cachecard, Telnet, FTP, TivoWeb, vserver, cron, Endpad, AutoSpace, DailyMail, Tracker, TyTool, YAC

TiVo - HDTiVo 1TB internal WD10EVCS

Last edited by Softail95 : 06-19-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Softail95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #434
kharder

My problem with Now Playing list is that it times out for 2 of my TiVo's that have a lot of recorded shows. Is there another parameter I can set in remote.xml to increase the timeout. I have tried all the other parameters with no luck.
kharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #435
scrubskip

Hi, new to the board.

I was wondering if there was a way to extract the channel information from an XML file, like the Now Playing list. I tried putting different parameters into the TivoConnect web interface, but couldn't find anything. Also tried looking at the tivo.com website, but that didn't seem too scrapable.

With that information, you could make the iPhone remote able to just select a channel by name, rather than by number (just got comcast and the local HD channel numbers are hard to remember: 701, 702, etc instead of just being 5.1 or 12.1).
scrubskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #436
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubskip View Post
With that information, you could make the iPhone remote able to just select a channel by name
FWIW, the most full-featured (and elegant) TiVo Remote I've found so far for the iPhone is DVR Remote, and one of it's features is that you can set up "Favorite Channels" and choose them by name. It's $2.99 in the iTunes App Store.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...301759016&mt=8

There is also a "Lite" (free) version to sample, the Favorites are limited to 2 channels on that one.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...303528135&mt=8

Last edited by Fofer : 06-28-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #437
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubskip View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to extract the channel information from an XML file, like the Now Playing list.
The Now Playing list is all you get.

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #438
tweekerz

Just downloaded Python 2.6 and your files,

I love how the remote offers either one of My Tivos... This is a great option for when the wife hijacks (or at least, trys to) the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Landscape mode, activated via the command-line option "--landscape" (or edit it to set landscape = True).

[See sig for the latest version.]

tweekerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:11 AM   #439
pjewell

Hi guys, I don't get it. I've tried everything in this forum and I still can't telnet in or use that Java remote that jeepguy posted. Ive got a DVR 48B3 and using windows vista. I've also tried using every available version of python available. HELP!!!!!

It's quite embarrassing, but I got a new BlueRay player last weekend and found that it didn't play DIVX movies so I packed it up and returned it to the shop but what I didn't realise was that I'd packed my TIVO remote into the box instead of the blueray player's. Now the shop can't find the box and I'm stuck without a remote. And damn me I bought a blackberry storm instead of an IPhone so I can't even use that to control the thing. Please Help.
pjewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #440
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjewell View Post
Hi guys, I don't get it. I've tried everything in this forum and I still can't telnet in or use that Java remote that jeepguy posted. Ive got a DVR 48B3 and using windows vista. I've also tried using every available version of python available. HELP!!!!!
Well, Python won't help you run Jeepguy's remote; those are two different things... Other than that, you'll have to give us much more specific information about what problems you've encountered if you expect help. Saying "I tried it and it doesn't work" isn't helpful, because... you know... we tried it, and it does work.

I have no idea what a "DVR 48B3" is.

Quote:
what I didn't realise was that I'd packed my TIVO remote into the box instead of the blueray player's.
You can order a replacement from TiVo, or some other places, or get a universal remote.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 07-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 AM   #441
pjewell

Good news

Good news, the store found my remote. But I'm still interested in getting the remote from my computer working.

I figured you'd need more info and I realise that the java script and python are different things. The DVR 48B3 is the model of TiVo i'm using.

I can log into the "Now Playing" page using .ttps://ipaddress and then using the login tivo and password MAK. So I know the connection is working from laptop to tivo.

Now, when I try to telnet i type "telnet ipaddress port 31339" and I get "Could not open connection to host on ..... port 31339". And, if i try telnet ipaddress I get the same response.

I've added the port number to the firewall in UDP and TCP

Using python 2.5.4 and your remote2.pyw, I get after the restart line:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Paul\Downlads\Topfield n Tivo\remote2.pyw", line 211, in <module>
sock.connect((address, 31339))
File "<string>", line 1, in connect
gaierror: (11001, 'getaddrinfo failed')

And, lastly, when I use Jeepguys Java script. I can enter the ip address and when I connect, the buttons don't activate anything on the tivo.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #442
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjewell View Post
The DVR 48B3 is the model of TiVo i'm using.
Right, but, there is no such model name. Where are you getting that from?

Ah, I think I just realized: it's the default "DVR Name" given to your TiVo if you don't rename it. But that's an individual, random name, not a model name. It's used to identify your TiVo on the LAN. It doesn't tell us what kind of TiVo you have.

The remote service only works with the Series 3 TiVos, including the TiVo HD and TiVo HDXL. (I don't know if the Australian version works.) The other common way to refer to them is by the first three digits of their TiVo Service Numbers: 648 (S3), 652 (HD), 658 (HDXL).

As outlined above, you also need to turn on the remote service on your TiVo. It's off by default.

Quote:
your remote2.pyw
Where did that "2" come from?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #443
pjewell

Bummer

Ah maybe the Aussie one doesn't work.... those settings don't exist in any of the menus that I could find.... it's definately a Tivo HD but other than that..
Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #444
sanjonny

So ii'm back a year later

So I used the python version of the remote daily and love it, I have been trying to make some modifications and realized that if I looked on the board the modifications might have already been made so here I am. I constantly put my laptop to sleep and the tv telnet remote will not re initialize to control the tivo when I wake from hibernate (I don't know why of course) so I tried playing around in order to make my own button that would automatically rerun the script that runs to search out the tivo and reload the info. I know I could hard code it into the program and I think I did that about 6 months ago, then I got sidetracked and cannot remember if that test version is the one I am using or not.

I cannot see the updated version because of posting restrictions so maybe somebody could tell me if this has been fixed yet or if not, help me to fix my looping issues, I know all the info is there, I just keep running it in the wrong order. I also discovered the java version tonight and tried it out but it seems not to work with my HD setup. I put in the proper ip address and hit connect but nothing else happens. The red light goes on but that is it. Running XP with all updates and wireless network.

Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I am available to trouble shoot both programs, I just never logged in again and just now am reading private messages from a year ago. Any way, I am back and ready to help. What thoughts do you have?
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #445
paulbrown83

i've search around a good bit for this, but can't seem to find the answer. I can telnet into my tivo HD from a windows computer using telnet <tivo_ip> 31339 from the command prompt, and I can control it using the IRCODE commands. however, when I try to telnet to the tivo using the Mac Terminal, it immediately responds to my telnet command, saying "Connection closed by foreign host."

How would the mac terminal be any different (with respect to telnet) from a windows command prompt? has anyone noticed this behavior, and found a way around it? maybe i'm missing something simple here...
paulbrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #446
bizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I am available to trouble shoot both programs, I just never logged in again and just now am reading private messages from a year ago. Any way, I am back and ready to help. What thoughts do you have?
I thought you went off to "port out" the code to a language more acceptable to your preferences?
bizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #447
wmccain
Custom AV Consultant

Back To The PROTOCOL Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid8 View Post
IRCODE NOWSHOWING or TELEPORT NOWPLAYING don't work at all for me. I am on Series3 with 11.0.01.2.648 if it makes a difference.

Also, what is DISPLAY? It seems to be the same as INFO.
Nobody ever responded to the above (post #360) so I thought that I would give it a whack.

1. IRCODE NOWSHOWING and/or TELEPORT NOWPLAYING may have worked at one time, but they don't work now. At least, not with 11.0d. Neither does IRCODE LIST (which you might think would work, since some older remotes have a button labeled "List" and the actual IR code for that button still works). IRCODE NOWSHOWING and IRCODE LIST produce the INVALID_KEY response. TELEPORT NOWPLAYING produces no response at all (it is ignored).

I tried all of the above both while watching live TV and while in the TiVo Central menu.

2. DISPLAY and INFO are apparently synonyms. So are TIVO and DIRECTV. ADVANCE and DELIMITER are probably also synonyms, since they are the same button on the remote (I have not tested this).

Additional <COMMAND> Values for IRCODE

INFO
STOP
WINDOW

These were all mentioned in posts after Omikron's original post, and they all work. Since Omikron's list was never updated, I am listing them all in one place here.

wmccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #448
wmccain
Custom AV Consultant

A Possible Clue on the KEYBOARD Command

Like others before me, I have been frustrated in many attempts to get the KEYBOARD command to work. But I did notice a possible "clue".

If you send "'KEYBOARD', $0D" to the TiVo HD, it responds with just a standalone Carriage Return character (CR, $0D, 0x0D — take your pick of syntax). (The preceding command syntax is in the AMX Axcess/NetLinx format for compound strings. It means the string 'KEYBOARD', immediately followed by the CR character.) The same response occurs if you follow the text 'KEYBOARD' by a blank and some more text (any text).

Now the interesting thing about this observation, is that the TiVo HD does respond to the KEYBOARD command, it does not just ignore it. And the response is not an error message. It is just the single CR character. This suggests that maybe the TiVo HD is expecting a further command (from my AMX controller) with the actual text that is to be entered.

Alas, I could not get that to work. I tried sending two "command lines" in a single message ("'KEYBOARD', $0D, 'ABC', $0D") and I also tried waiting for the CR response from the TiVo and then sending it one text character, or more than one text character, followed by a CR.

Nothing that I tried worked. But maybe somebody else can come up with some more ideas ... I really think this is an important "clue".

wmccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #449
dfrick111

Now we have a slingbox

Hi,

We now can use this TiVo remote, a video capture card / usb, and Skype to do a nice slingbox. The problem has been how to control the tv but now, no problem.

I ordered one of those $7 usb capture cards - won't come till Monday. It has s-video in, and the TiVo does a nice job of making all the SD and HD channels look good out the s-video simultaneously.

Skype with auto-answer turned on should allow me and my contacts to watch the TiVo, and anyone with the remote app control it.

fun.
dfrick111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #450
johnnynine

1. Is there a way to switch the current tuner?

2. Is there a way to request the current channel on each tuner? When I connect it only shows one channel, something like:

CH_STATUS 123 LOCAL

3. I noticed in an earlier post someone used the SETCH command to change channels and received a channel for both LOCAL and REMOTE, however I only get a response for LOCAL.

Thanks,
Johnny
johnnynine is offline   Reply With Quote