TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #361
sc_eric

Port 31339 unavailable

I'm doing a job that has two Series 3's that are going to be controlled by Crestron. After initial setup on them, setting static IPs that on our network, I was not able to telnet into the port 31339. The receivers haven't been activated yet so I'm not sure if that's the reason why the port hasn't been enabled. Anyone run into this before?
sc_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #362
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_eric View Post
I'm doing a job that has two Series 3's that are going to be controlled by Crestron. After initial setup on them, setting static IPs that on our network, I was not able to telnet into the port 31339. The receivers haven't been activated yet so I'm not sure if that's the reason why the port hasn't been enabled. Anyone run into this before?
mentioned many, many times in this thread:

Go to Messages & Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network Remote Control

Then you have to enable it (by default, the option is set to disabled)
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #363
sc_eric

Ok...sorry. I tried searching and didn't find it. And I didn't see anything about it in the first 5 pages of the thread.

Thanks for the info! Sorry again.
sc_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #364
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

It's not in the first five pages of the thread because the lockdown hadn't happened yet back then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #365
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_eric View Post
Wait until you get the update v11.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #366
sstasinos

Looks like there is a new iPhone Tivo Remote in the App Store

I was searching this morning and there is another iPhone app that can control a Tivo called DVR Remote. It costs a little more but it has some additional features and a pretty slick interface. It's been working good so far. I'll use it for a couple of days before giving a full review of it.

I wonder if this will open the floodgates for other Tivo remotes, which would be cool to see what other people might come up with.
sstasinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #367
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstasinos View Post
I was searching this morning and there is another iPhone app that can control a Tivo called DVR Remote. It costs a little more but it has some additional features and a pretty slick interface. It's been working good so far. I'll use it for a couple of days before giving a full review of it.

I wonder if this will open the floodgates for other Tivo remotes, which would be cool to see what other people might come up with.

Cool! Link here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...301759016&mt=8
Old 01-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #368
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User

I just got a BB Storm and I might try making an app for that too.
TiVo Mini

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #369
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
You cannot run the app from inside of the zip. You need to extract the files to a folder and then run the .jar. If that doesn't work, try this.
I've extracted the files to the folder. But it's still not working for me over here. The .jar just launches... and then immediately quits.

Same if I try to run it from the command line (java -jar "TiVoDesktopRemote.jar") or with the newer file (java -jar "TiVoDesktopRemote_w_list.jar") ... this is the output I get:

Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
	at tivodesktopremote.TiVoDesktopRemoteApp.startup(TiVoDesktopRemoteApp.java:19)
	at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
I'm running OS X 10.5.6, on a Unibody MacBook Pro. No other noticeable issues and I have lots of apps. What else can I do? Any more clues?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #370
Boot
to the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
The .jar just launches... and then immediately quits.
Same here.

"
" - GiGi
Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #371
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot View Post
Same here.
Did you see the 'lib' folder, extract it to the same folder the .jar sits.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 01-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #372
Boot
to the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
No luck:

Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
	at tivodesktopremote.TiVoDesktopRemoteApp.startup(TiVoDesktopRemoteApp.java:19)
	at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
I unzipped appframework-1.0.3.jar and swing-worker-1.1.jar to the same level as TiVoDesktopRemote_1.03b.jar.

"
" - GiGi
Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #373
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Per your request. Updated with graphics.

Link to updated version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot View Post
Same here.
Found it!
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #374
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User

Quote:
Found it!
So is it working for you now?

You shouldn't need the library folder anymore. At least not with any of the more recent versions.
TiVo Mini

jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #375
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

This version works, but the file with all the .class files didn't.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #376
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Yeah, did that. Still no luck.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #377
GlowingApple

Hi everyone, just got a TiVo recently and joined the community here. It's great to see all the activity and interest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
I've been writing a small remote script in php and html/javascript for the iphone because I'm not currently interested in jailbreaking the phone or waiting for someone to release something in the store (I don't think there should be any reason apple/tivo would block it).
After reading about the iPhone app a few pages back I was thinking along the same lines. As someone who would rather not hack my iPhone (again) now that the app store is available, making a javascript version that interfaces with a python script, php telnet code, etc would be great. I was thinking of hacking up something on my own, but if you already have something made, that would save a lot of work learning how php interacts with telnet. What's the status on this? I speak a fair amount of php, and xhtml/css, so I'd be willing to help out.

~Jayson
GlowingApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #378
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
There are already two TiVo remote control apps available for sale in the App Store.

RemoteT for $0.99, and DVR Remote for $2.99.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #379
sfxc13

Thanks wmcbrine for all of your hard work.
This program really saved my ass last week when my batteries died.

I am now trying to install it on my Cell Phone. I get the prompt for an ip address. Then it just appears to stall as nothing happens. Any ideas?
sfxc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #380
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingApple View Post
Hi everyone, just got a TiVo recently and joined the community here. It's great to see all the activity and interest!

After reading about the iPhone app a few pages back I was thinking along the same lines. As someone who would rather not hack my iPhone (again) now that the app store is available, making a javascript version that interfaces with a python script, php telnet code, etc would be great. I was thinking of hacking up something on my own, but if you already have something made, that would save a lot of work learning how php interacts with telnet. What's the status on this? I speak a fair amount of php, and xhtml/css, so I'd be willing to help out.

~Jayson
It's not as pretty as I'd like, but it is pretty much releasable for other people to tinker on. I never have much time to play, and I lost some interest when RemoteT was first released (with source), but the source for that is inexplicably gone now(I suspect it has to do with the iPhone SDK TOS). I will post the work I've accomplished thus far asap. Besides running on the iPhone, my script also works well in desktop browsers and makes a good sidebar-loading bookmark in firefox, for people (like me) who have the laptop at the couch 24/7.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #381
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I've extracted the files to the folder. But it's still not working for me over here. The .jar just launches... and then immediately quits.
No help on this? (For me or Boot?) Does it depend on some other software... are we supposed to install something else? Some Developer Tools or something?

Right now, installing the java remote, on a brand new Mac running OS X 10.5.6 clean install, doesn't work. It launches and immediately quits. So any feedback on how to get it running will help out lots of folks new to this thread.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #382
sfxc13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
Thanks wmcbrine for all of your hard work.
This program really saved my ass last week when my batteries died.

I am now trying to install it on my Cell Phone. I get the prompt for an ip address. Then it just appears to stall as nothing happens. Any ideas?
It does eventually run just takes a super long time to load. (And I think I might have to "interrupt" for it to work. Oh well. Not super useful, but would work in a pinch.

Any chance somebody has the old version where you hard coded in the address and it didn't search for anything?
sfxc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #383
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

You can still hard-code the address if you want. (Just fill it in on the line that says tivo_address = ''.) However, the search only takes a second (literally) -- if the TiVos don't respond within that time, they're ignored. (I'm planning to make it two seconds if and when I do another version.)

Rather, any startup delay is probably due to loading Tk, which causes a noticeable delay even on my desktop. You can avoid that if you can use the Gtk interface instead.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #384
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

TiVo Remote 0.17

You may have seen that TiVo seemed to be moving away from their old beacon system in TiVo Desktop 2.7. Then, the other night, I found that beacons had stopped working on one of my TiVos, which made my remote program hang. It turned out to be a fluke, but it made me wonder if I shouldn't look into detecting TiVos the Zeroconf way. That's what this version is about.

I'd avoided this previously, because I liked the idea of having the remote self-contained in a single file (not counting the Python installation, of course). Now, I've bundled Zeroconf.py, which is twice the size of remote.pyw. Anyway, the new system is simpler and cleaner, and may work in situations where the old one wouldn't. The downside is, it's a little slower on startup (about a one second delay for me).

The old system is still included, and will be used automatically if Zeroconf fails. You can also explicitly disable Zeroconf, either by using the "-z" command-line option, by setting have_zc to False in remote.pyw, or simply by removing Zeroconf.py. Of course you can still specify an address directly, too, and bypass any autodetection.

Other changes: Dropped support for the pre-9.4 closed caption toggling (eliminating version detection made it easier to incorporate Zeroconf); increased the old autodetection's timeout from 0.2 seconds (!) to 0.5 (it was occasionally missing a TiVo from the list here).

[See sig for the latest version.]

Last edited by wmcbrine : 04-02-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #385
raghu1111

Quote:
Go to Messages & Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network Remote Control

Then you have to enable it (by default, the option is set to disabled)
It would be better if this is mentioned in 'remote.pyw --help' (or when connection fails, in the error message). almost everyone trying for the first time will be bitten by it.

Thanks for the tool. Will run it after enabling 'Network Remote' on Tivo.
raghu1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #386
dougt

Where did you read that tivo is moving from their current (old?) beacon system? Or rather, what are they going to use instead. is there a new version of the "TiVo Connect Automatic Machine Discovery Protocol Specification" doc?
dougt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #387
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

In the TiVo Desktop 2.7 threads. They've reportedly dropped their old beacon program from that package, and are using only Bonjour now. There is no new published spec yet. But it was easy to figure out. I just ran Avahi Browser, and found the "_tivo-remote" service there.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #388
artships

I can telnet to my prom-modded tivohd, still running 9.2a-01-2-652, but not to port 31339. There is no "Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network Remote Control" menu item. Is there a resource to toggle in the MFS? Or a service to start in rc.sysinit.author?
artships is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #389
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

The Network remote control in the menu feature did not appear until v11.0.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 03-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #390
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Eh, not quite. I think that was in 9.4. Meanwhile, the port worked without having to turn it on in some earlier versions -- according to Omikron in the first post of this thread, since 9.1. So it seems like it should work with artships' system. I have no experience with PROM-modded TiVo HD's, though.