TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 AM   #271
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer
 
gonzotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Outside Phildadelphia
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Look, I am not dissing python or anything, I know nothing about it. But it takes a minimum of 38mb from what I saw in the install package. So in order to run this on a majorly limited capacity machine, that seems like a lot of overhead. I don't have an iphone, but it seems to run the app on the iphone requires almost no overhead, like under 100k.

Does python not allow you to compile the code into executables? For the replays there is a similar backdoor for remote control that is run both thru a widget and also a html script, as a stand alone executable and also a java program. And that community is almost dead so I would figure that it shouldn't be that hard to port something out that could be used by a larger universe of users than those that have the technical competance and the overhead to be able to run python.

If this is ported to java, it could run almost anywhere and get a large following because then it could run on any java device, or if python lets you compile, you could port it out to windows, linux, CE, apple software or just about anything.

I don't think it matter what language the code is written in, python ,c visual basic or whatever, usually you can port it out. I am just wondering why not do that, to be able to have it exposed to more users who would appreciate it?

You would probably get ten times as many people using it on multiple different platforms. More people who would be glad that you wrote it and more notoriety for yourself!
wmcbrine's a python developer. It's a language he's comfortable with. You're right, it doesn't matter what language the functionality is written in, the end result is more or less always a TiVo remote. It doesn't matter, except of course to the person who happens to be writing it.

I've been writing a small remote script in php and html/javascript for the iphone because I'm not currently interested in jailbreaking the phone or waiting for someone to release something in the store (I don't think there should be any reason apple/tivo would block it). Will this be useful for everyone? No, definitely not. It requires the iphone (although I plan on creating a stylesheet for normal browsers, right now it's custom designed for the iphone) and a php server running on a machine in the local network. But I plan on releasing what I've done pretty soon, so other people can use it if they want, either as a (hopefully) useful piece of software or as a learning tool/guide for some other project(perhaps a java jar?). Here's the kicker, I used wmcbrine's python implementation as a guide myself, since he was kind enough to allow us access to the source under the GPL. I don't know anything about the replay remote softwares, but I imagine they weren't all written by one person and perhaps the developers shared information about how to communicate with the replays?

There isn't a port in every language on every platform because no one has written one, yet. Do you know java, VB, or C#? Own a blackberry or android phone? What about the chumby? It's ok, if you don't program and don't own any of those. But instead of asking why wmcbrine's remote is only available in python you should consider asking if anyone is interested in writing for your platform of choice...maybe if some interested java developer sees the need, he'll step up and build it.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #272
DVDerek
<WittySaying />
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 6,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Look, I am not dissing python or anything, I know nothing about it. But it takes a minimum of 38mb from what I saw in the install package. So in order to run this on a majorly limited capacity machine, that seems like a lot of overhead. I don't have an iphone, but it seems to run the app on the iphone requires almost no overhead, like under 100k.

...

If this is ported to java, it could run almost anywhere and get a large following because then it could run on any java device, or if python lets you compile, you could port it out to windows, linux, CE, apple software or just about anything.

I don't think it matter what language the code is written in, python ,c visual basic or whatever, usually you can port it out. I am just wondering why not do that, to be able to have it exposed to more users who would appreciate it?
Let me get this straight... you're upset about 38MB? Hell, buy a 128MB USB stick and run it on there if you really don't have the space.

If not, since you seem to think it's so easy, you could just "port it out" yourself.
DVDerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #273
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr
 
dswallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Long Branch, NJ, USA
Posts: 48,940
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
If this is ported to java, it could run almost anywhere and get a large following because then it could run on any java device, or if python lets you compile, you could port it out to windows, linux, CE, apple software or just about anything.
Well, if 38MB bothers you, then you must be totally shocked at the Java bloat.
__________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯****************
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #274
sanjonny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Well, if 38MB bothers you, then you must be totally shocked at the Java bloat.
Yeah but java is already on the devices, hence the beauty of it. Python is something I never heard of until i read this forum, and I am no dumb bunny.

Nowadays people don't think about the beauty of minimalization of code. 38mb is bigger than many hard drives only a few years ago. Now I am probably older than most people reading this, but in the old days, there was not the need to put the development language on the machine to run the executable, and again, knowing nothing about python, I would guess there is a way to develop out a executable file. Otherwise what is the point? If not, why learn the language at all, when you could write this in C or something smaller?

All this app does is send telnet commands with what like 30 variations? And put a front end on it with standard buttons? I mean the command structure for that should be extremely small, like under 1 mb, and the biggest part would be if you were to do as somebody suggested by like putting the buttons overlaid on a picture of a tivo remote, of which the graphic should be the biggest part of the file.

Don't get me wrong, I am just surprised that for as huge as the tivo install base is, (what like 50X replay now, or maybe 2000X) there sure isn't that much of a code community out there or maybe they don't like to share and develop together like other communities, but being a recent convert, it is really surprising that somebody finds a development like this and there are not 15 different front ends to offer up the remote service which is very useful and that people seem to only be developing for the iphone and not all the other cool phones out there.

Is it that most tivo users have macs and iphones and so don't normally develop apps in more standard machine languages? i have no idea? I mean macs are not the best development machines, so maybe that is more understandable.

It just seems weird that techies would focus so much on the iphone which is really restricted compared to the cool things you can out out of my phone (a windows mobile device) or out of the blackberry and palm systems or especially the cool new developments available thru the android system (of which I will be buying one and playing around with it as soon as I get some time)

I guess I am just really surprised that there is so little really going on with hacking the tivos and development by user groups for them. I know there is lots for the older tivos and such, but still it seems weird to me so little goes on.

If I get time, I would be glad to write something up, I already have some built into my phone and my own development for the mini dell mentioned, and if I get those refined to releaseable, I would be glad to port them out, but I just don't usually have the hobby time to do that and others usually do. I wish I did, I miss the old days of doing this kind of stuff all the time.

But I would imagine someone out there does and most of us know how nice it is to have a lan network remote, especially if you use your dvr in multiple rooms and ir repeaters are sketchy. It was the first thing I looked for after installing my tivo.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #275
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer
 
gonzotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Outside Phildadelphia
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Yeah but java is already on the devices, hence the beauty of it. Python is something I never heard of until i read this forum, and I am no dumb bunny.

Nowadays people don't think about the beauty of minimalization of code. 38mb is bigger than many hard drives only a few years ago. Now I am probably older than most people reading this, but in the old days, there was not the need to put the development language on the machine to run the executable, and again, knowing nothing about python, I would guess there is a way to develop out a executable file. Otherwise what is the point? If not, why learn the language at all, when you could write this in C or something smaller?
Python is a scripting language. The point is, specifically, that you do not NEED to compile to run the code..You can make changes to it in an editor, restart the process and immediately see the results of the changes. It is possible to create executables out of python scripts, but doing that removes a lot of the advantages it provides (the aforementioned rapid development cycle, cross-platform capability, etc.). Wmcbrine's program, for instance, runs, without modification, on Macs, Windows, Linux, Solaris; and people have even gotten it to work on WinMo devices.

Quote:
All this app does is send telnet commands with what like 30 variations? And put a front end on it with standard buttons? I mean the command structure for that should be extremely small, like under 1 mb, and the biggest part would be if you were to do as somebody suggested by like putting the buttons overlaid on a picture of a tivo remote, of which the graphic should be the biggest part of the file.
Wmcbrine's latest release is only 21k of code. A Java jar would probably end up larger, and if you hadn't already had java installed you would be looking at a MUCH larger overall footprint.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I am just surprised that for as huge as the tivo install base is, (what like 50X replay now, or maybe 2000X) there sure isn't that much of a code community out there or maybe they don't like to share and develop together like other communities, but being a recent convert, it is really surprising that somebody finds a development like this and there are not 15 different front ends to offer up the remote service which is very useful and that people seem to only be developing for the iphone and not all the other cool phones out there.
Send me an android phone and a blackberry and I'll develop for them. I have an iPhone, so naturally I am most interested in software that works for it. I plan on having my script work with browsers other than the iPhone's Safari, but I am first and foremost interested in it working there, for that is my device.

Quote:
Is it that most tivo users have macs and iphones and so don't normally develop apps in more standard machine languages? i have no idea? I mean macs are not the best development machines, so maybe that is more understandable.
No Mac here, just the iphone. My understanding, though, is that people who have to code in multi-platform environments consider modern macs to be awesome platforms for development.

Quote:
It just seems weird that techies would focus so much on the iphone which is really restricted compared to the cool things you can out out of my phone (a windows mobile device) or out of the blackberry and palm systems or especially the cool new developments available thru the android system (of which I will be buying one and playing around with it as soon as I get some time)
I dumped WinMo for the iPhone because it was so clunky for so many tasks(unrelated to software development). Android just came on the scene a few days ago, officially. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone do some cool TiVo-related work with it sometime soon.

Quote:
I guess I am just really surprised that there is so little really going on with hacking the tivos and development by user groups for them. I know there is lots for the older tivos and such, but still it seems weird to me so little goes on.
The remote functionality doesn't exist in S2 TiVos, it is (so far) exclusively a S3 feature, and the bulk of the machines out there are S2 models. There are quite a few different pieces of software that work with TiVos, if you look around a bit. Transcoding software like pyTiVo (another python app) that can send video in many different formats to the TiVo, games, utilities, etc. All of these run on the network, outside of the TiVo software environment. 'Hacking' older TiVos was easy because the software in them wasn't locked down with hardware encryption, but most S2 and all S3 models are crippled in such a way that to modify the software the TiVos run requires de-soldering a prom and flashing it. This puts up a major barrier to most would-be hackers. For those that can handle doing that, people are still doing really cool stuff like installing a webserver with all kinds of cool additions into the TiVo box.

Quote:
If I get time, I would be glad to write something up, I already have some built into my phone and my own development for the mini dell mentioned, and if I get those refined to releaseable, I would be glad to port them out, but I just don't usually have the hobby time to do that and others usually do. I wish I did, I miss the old days of doing this kind of stuff all the time.
I wish I had more hobby time to code too .

Quote:
But I would imagine someone out there does and most of us know how nice it is to have a lan network remote, especially if you use your dvr in multiple rooms and ir repeaters are sketchy. It was the first thing I looked for after installing my tivo.
You may want to try my script out when I can release it, if you have another machine in the lan that can run php. It would mean you wouldn't need to install anything at all on the mini. As I said, it's not an ideal solution for everyone: You need a machine to serve the script, running all the time (or at least as long as you wanted the remote), but if someone is already running a server-type machine in the lan for some other purpose (file server, etc.) it could be a good fit.

Last edited by gonzotek : 11-03-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: just grammer
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #276
proudx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 197
I'm using these commands to send a pause when my phone rings from my homeseer server. When the phone call is ended and disconnects tv is sent a play command. works great.

I got another good use for this tool. A scheduled automated reboot. While I reconize tivo has a history of not needing to be rebooted that much, seems as though performance and bug related issues could be masked/reduced by a simple weekly or monthy automated 3am reboot. Just have a script that macros into the menus and sends the right commands to restart it. Anyone try this yet?
proudx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #277
Fofer
༺♥༻
 
Fofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 69,021
TC CLUB MEMBER
Make sure you also have OpenSSL installed.

More info here.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #278
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!
 
David Platt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,875
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Make sure you also have OpenSSL installed.

More info here.
Whoops, you got me on the ninja deletion.

my post said I had just installed the tivo app on a jailbroken iPhone and it was crashing. I updated Cydia and re-installed, and everything's fine now. Thanks, Fof!
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #279
jtkohl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, MA, USA
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
I wanted to provide an .app, but I couldn't find a way to distribute one that didn't care about the Python version, unless I bundled the whole interpreter.
For Galleon, I package it up with PackageMaker and install a skeleton .app directory, then in a postflight script copy in the Java runtime stub from /Library/...

Maybe you could do something similar, perhaps a small script that execs the python interpreter, and keeps the .app-handling part of Finder happy?
jtkohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #280
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,023
TiVo Remote 0.16

It's come to my attention that the TiVo HD XL has a Tivo Service Number that starts with 658, which wasn't recognized as a supported model -- I was only checking for 648 (Series 3) and 652 (regular TiVo HD). So, here's an update to support the XL.

[See sig for the latest version.]
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 02-07-2009 at 10:38 PM.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #281
bblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
30-second skip function

On the Tivo HD XL, the sps9() function works fine, but the sps30() function doesn't seem to. After applying this during Play mode, the FF operates just as it always has. Any thoughts?
bblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #282
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,023
Not sure I understand you. It's the Advance (Skip) button (the one with the arrow pointing to a line) that changes function, not FF.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:29 AM   #283
bblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2
Advance

You understood exactly, thanks!

Last edited by bblue : 11-27-2008 at 04:30 AM. Reason: typo
bblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #284
citivolus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 93
duckfin, great app!

Has anyone been able to get past the issue on the iPhone version where it reports "Connection Error, Unable to connect to socket".

This happens when trying to play a show directly from the Now Playing list. The other remote control functions work fine.

I have a TivoHD. I tried playing with the different timeouts in the remote.xml but no luck. This issue has been reported on the wiki as issue #19 and #23 for some time.

any ideas?
citivolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #285
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 250
Does this work with the new TiVo fw update?

I'm asking, b/c the software is not working for me but I had not ever tried using it until after the firmware update.

Last edited by jeepguy_1980 : 12-03-2008 at 11:42 AM.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #286
cobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
I've been writing a small remote script in php and html/javascript for the iphone because I'm not currently interested in jailbreaking the phone or waiting for someone to release something in the store (I don't think there should be any reason apple/tivo would block it). Will this be useful for everyone? No, definitely not. It requires the iphone (although I plan on creating a stylesheet for normal browsers, right now it's custom designed for the iphone) and a php server running on a machine in the local network. But I plan on releasing what I've done pretty soon, so other people can use it if they want, either as a (hopefully) useful piece of software or as a learning tool/guide for some other project(perhaps a java jar?).
Gonzotek,
I'm hugely interested in your iphone web page code.
Is it to a place that you can releasing it yet?
Does it implement the telnet tivo remote control commands?
Thanks,
Cobb
cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #287
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,686
Can you create a html and/or java version for my browser, with IP address window to set for the tivo/s?
__________________
Series 2 (PLS, sold)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "652")
Roamio! Oh, wait, Its Juliet!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #288
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer
 
gonzotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Outside Phildadelphia
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980
Does this work with the new TiVo fw update?

I'm asking, b/c the software is not working for me but I had not ever tried using it until after the firmware update.
There's a setting in the remote area of the tivo's settings menu that has the network remote functionality for this, OFF by default -- Follow the steps here to turn it on:
http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/...s3_HD_DVR.html
Let us know if that isn't the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobb View Post
Gonzotek,
I'm hugely interested in your iphone web page code.
Is it to a place that you can releasing it yet?
Does it implement the telnet tivo remote control commands?
Thanks,
Cobb
I'll see what I can do this weekend, I've been cleaning up the look as I have time and it's pretty much how I want it now. Everything on a standard tivo remote is implemented now (but not macros or anything else beyond what you see on a normal tivo peanut). It'll require apache and php (or another web server that has php available). It will also be BYOS (bring your own security). I'm using a .htaccess file to password protect the directory. I know there are some major security issues with how I've implemented the functionality, and I know at least a few things I can and should plug up before letting someone else run the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO
Can you create a html and/or java version for my browser, with IP address window to set for the tivo/s?
I've hard-coded the ip address for my single THD, so far, but on my list of things that need finishing is to have a selectable list of the TiVos on the network that can be controlled. Also, right now, it relies very heavily on iphone/webkit-only css, but styling it for a desktop browser or other phone browser shouldn't be difficult.


Thanks for the interest, I will try hard to put something together that people can try out soon.

Oh yeah, it will be permissively licensed (BSD, I think) if that matters to anyone

Last edited by gonzotek : 12-05-2008 at 03:31 PM.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #289
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Does this work with the new TiVo fw update?
Yes. (I couldn't answer until today.)

Quote:
I'm asking, b/c the software is not working for me but I had not ever tried using it until after the firmware update.
See here for one possible explanation.

Edit: gonzotek beat me to it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #290
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 250
I wrote a java applet to control my TiVo with the intention of making it into a Vista Sidebar gadget. I have never made a sidebar gadget before, but from what I have read, it's just an html document.

I did make a sample gadget that displayed text just to confirm this and it seems to be true. However, I have encountered two problems.

One: I am not able to make my applet appear in the gadget (I am just geting an 'X').
  • Does anyone know if it is even possible to load a java applet into a sidebar gadget?

Two: I discovered that java applet are only allowed to communicate with either the local computer or the host computer.
  • Does anyone know if an exception can be made for intranet communications? Or for sidebar gadgets?
  • My applet works just fine when I open it without using a web browser, so I know it's a browser limitation.

jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #291
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 250
Here is the java version I threw together if anyone wants to play with it. It's not really anything special and it still has a few bugs. I really wish I could figure out how to incorporate it into the sidebar.

Java Version
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #292
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Here is the java version I threw together if anyone wants to play with it. It's not really anything special and it still has a few bugs. I really wish I could figure out how to incorporate it into the sidebar.

Java Version
Mow if only we can have this with a tivo remote image with working buttons.
__________________
Series 2 (PLS, sold)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "652")
Roamio! Oh, wait, Its Juliet!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #293
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Mow if only we can have this with a tivo remote image with working buttons.
That wouldn't be too hard. I'm not sure if I could animate the buttons work in Java. I know I could in Flash. But I don't have a graphic to use and don't know how to make one. Plus, the program isn't of much value unless I can get it in the sidebar.

Last edited by jeepguy_1980 : 12-11-2008 at 06:26 PM.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #294
cobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
That wouldn't be too hard. I'm not sure if I could animate the buttons work in Java. I know I could in Flash. But I don't have a graphic to use and don't know how to make one. Plus, the program isn't of much value unless I can get it in the sidebar.
Hey jeepguy,
I like your Java app.
Wish I could help you on the sidebar issue,
but if you're up for a little extra work I can point you to some really
nice graphics for the buttons.

Check out http://code.google.com/p/tivoremote/

Its an iPhone app, and comes with this nice graphic
plus 34 graphics of all the individual buttons.


Unfortunately, that iphone app requires a jailbroken iphone,
which is why i'm looking for nice web based version.
cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #295
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 250
Do you have those buttons all saved as individual images somewhere?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #296
cobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 13
All you have to do is download the zip file: tivoRemote-0.23.zip

It contains individual pictures of ALL the tivo buttons in PNG format.
cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 PM   #297
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 250
Are these your graphics? If so, do I have permission to use them?

Edit: It appears to have a GPL license, so I guess that means I can use the graphics.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #298
cobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 13
Those are not my graphics, but they are available under the GNU General Public License...

which from what I can tell gives you complete freedom to use them as long as you don't claim ownership of them and allow users of your program to freely copy/distribute them.
cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #299
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 250
Per your request. Updated with graphics.

Link to updated version
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #300
ciper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,010
ACK. For petes sake add the List button PLEASE.

It's freaking bad enough I have to hack my old Sony remote to work with the Tivo HD but now the only other remote control method (besides the pos peanut) is also missing my favorite button?! My head asplode.
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |