TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #1081
rchassel

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
You can try my 140 image, or you can get a bigger drive and try my 24008A image.
Thanks, unitron! I had tried your 24008A image earlier but the only IDE drive I had lying around was an 80GB WD and as you mention in an earlier post your Maxtor is a bit bigger and the image doesn't fit.

I tried the 140 image and I was glad to see when it went to "Just a few minutes more" It then went GSOD and said it could take three hours to sort out the problems but after 10 minutes or so it moved on.

I'm running the guided setup now. Thanks again!
rchassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #1082
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchassel View Post
Thanks, unitron! I had tried your 24008A image earlier but the only IDE drive I had lying around was an 80GB WD and as you mention in an earlier post your Maxtor is a bit bigger and the image doesn't fit.

I tried the 140 image and I was glad to see when it went to "Just a few minutes more" It then went GSOD and said it could take three hours to sort out the problems but after 10 minutes or so it moved on.

I'm running the guided setup now. Thanks again!
Do you already have a DropBox account?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #1083
bigguy333

Does anyone have the image 240xxx_7.2.2 or something like that? I want 7.x image please.
bigguy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #1084
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy333 View Post
Does anyone have the image 240xxx_7.2.2 or something like that? I want 7.x image please.
Are you looking for the entire image or just for the kernel?
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #1085
bigguy333

Entire image.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #1086
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Ah, that's not so easy to find.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #1087
bigguy333

I agree, i've searched it seems like everywhere in the past few days. every link I find it's dead. I'm really hoping to find it.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #1088
klyde

Hard drive went bad, I need an image for a tcd648250b, can someone help me?
klyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #1089
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyde View Post
Hard drive went bad, I need an image for a tcd648250b, can someone help me?
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...60#post8921060

but next time, click on "search this thread" first.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #1090
klyde

thank you but I did search and could not find an image. I got two pages and a thread that said don't email me ...... for future reference what search parameters would one use?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #1091
unitron

Quote:
thank you but I did search and could not find an image. I got two pages and a thread that said don't email me ...... for future reference what search parameters would one use?
Did you search the entire site in general, or this thread in particular?

(I realize the title of this thread is bit confusing and off-putting. Originally, long enough ago that it's now in the archives, there was a thread entitled "Need an image? PM me", and this is the replacement for that.)

Old 11-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #1092
klyde

I searched the whole site but I keep getting, for instance. I searched for replace a bad tivo hard drive and I get this message. Every time.
The search term you specified (a) is under the minimum word length (2) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

When I searched for the image I had to enter it about 5 times exactly the same before it worked.

I now have the image I have replace and upgraded drives in the past but its been 2 years or more. However I have never replaced a bad drive with new hard drive and image. My software is very old. Can I do this with the latest mfslive?I

I could buy the latest instacake but it says IDE drive and this one is a SATA, does it matter.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #1093
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yes, the current MFS live CD and WinMFS both still work with the Series 3/Tivo HD models.

Don't waste your time (and money) with InstantCake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #1094
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

It depends on what you put in for the search, "TCD648250b" may not get you the right results, but simply "648" may.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #1095
unitron

Quote:
I searched the whole site but I keep getting, for instance. I searched for replace a bad tivo hard drive and I get this message. Every time.
The search term you specified (a) is under the minimum word length (2) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

When I searched for the image I had to enter it about 5 times exactly the same before it worked.

I now have the image I have replace and upgraded drives in the past but its been 2 years or more. However I have never replaced a bad drive with new hard drive and image. My software is very old. Can I do this with the latest mfslive?I

I could buy the latest instacake but it says IDE drive and this one is a SATA, does it matter.
The link I provided to my previous post has two links in it.

One is for an image you can restore to a drive, new or used, as long as it's at least 250GB, using the MFS Live cd. That one has the .bak file name extension.

The other, with the .tbk extension, is for use with the WinMFS program.

If you aren't familiar with it, while you're at mfslive.org refreshing your memory about how to use MFS Live, you can also read up on WinMFS.

If you mean your software is old because you're still using the old MFS Tools, then while you're at mfslive.org download the .iso file image of MFS Live v1.4 and burn it as an image to a cd and use that instead.

How dead is the drive which you are replacing?

Have you hooked it up to a PC and run the manufacturer's diagnostic on it?

Are you certain your TiVo's power supply isn't suffering from "capacitor plague"?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #1096
GerryinNV

S2 Tivo HD Crashed, do I need to reimage?

I upgraded my S2 Tivo (TCD540040) about 8 years ago with 2 hard drives and one of them just went bad, the master is ok. However, the Tivo will never boot up now it just hangs at the welcome screen. Do I need to reimage my main master hard drive or is there a way to get around this?

If I need to reimage where might I find an image for this unit? Many thanks!
GerryinNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #1097
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryinNV View Post
I upgraded my S2 Tivo (TCD540040) about 8 years ago with 2 hard drives and one of them just went bad, the master is ok. However, the Tivo will never boot up now it just hangs at the welcome screen. Do I need to reimage my main master hard drive or is there a way to get around this?

If I need to reimage where might I find an image for this unit? Many thanks!
Up at the top of this page is "Search this thread". Search for "540".
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #1098
GerryinNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Up at the top of this page is "Search this thread". Search for "540".
Thanks but it looks like the links to the 540 images are no longer functional.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #1099
lessd

Quote:
Thanks but it looks like the links to the 540 images are no longer functional.
This is a problem because I think that permanently hosting of TiVo images may be illegal, many of us have all/most of the TiVo images (I do) but other than sending a CD or setting up a Drop box file and than give you the link by PM (I just started a Drop box account and I am still not to good at using it or setting it up for single file access) I don't know if a permit way to get old TiVo images exist or could exist.
The other problem would be if sending a TiVo image was illegal and you were a shill, boy would I be in trouble because as we all know "no good deed goes unpunished".

Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #1100
GerryinNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
This is a problem because I think that permanently hosting of TiVo images may be illegal, many of us have all/most of the TiVo images (I do) but other than sending a CD or setting up a Drop box file and than give you the link by PM (I just started a Drop box account and I am still not to good at using it or setting it up for single file access) I don't know if a permit way to get old TiVo images exist or could exist.
The other problem would be if sending a TiVo image was illegal and you were a shill, boy would I be in trouble because as we all know "no good deed goes unpunished".
Understood, so is there a way to extract the information from my original master drive? As I mentioned, only the slave drive crashed, my original is still intact. Thanks.

Maybe dumb question but could I get this from Tivo? I mean I'm not trying to do anything underhanded, just repair my device.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #1101
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Understood, so is there a way to extract the information from my original master drive? As I mentioned, only the slave drive crashed, my original is still intact. Thanks.

Maybe dumb question but could I get this from Tivo? I mean I'm not trying to do anything underhanded, just repair my device.
Have you tried divorcing your slave drive from the master with WinMFS (link)?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #1102
rzep

Hey all

I have some good ol' Samsung SIR-S4080R DirecTivo systems. I had two drives in one that I wound up doing a Clear and Delete Everything on the original OEM 80gb drive.

Now the second drive will not boot and allow me to watch live tv as it fails to acquire info from the satellite.

However, the OEM cleared and deleted drive will boot and allow me to watch live tv. Unfortunately, the second drive has lots of recorded shows that I am trying top get access to again.

Can I use the working image off of the OEM drive to get the second drive working again for live tv and still have the stored programming?

Sounds like they are now divorced and I'd them to be remarried/paired with OEM being the master and the second one being the slave and still have all the current recorded programming on the slave...

Last edited by rzep : 11-26-2012 at 04:13 PM.
rzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #1103
AviStetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Sounds like you're talking about my posts.

The 240 and 540 images I had on SendSpace, but they tend to age off if nobody downloads them recently enough.

However, thanks to people using an invite sent in my name to sign up for a free DropBox account, I now have more free space in my DropBox account and those images are available there.

I just haven't gotten around to editing my old posts yet.

Feel free to tell me the post numbers to save me having to search for them.

In the meantime

TCD240080 restore with MFS Live cd to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 160086528

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/240_gset.bak

TCD240080 restore with WinMFS to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 160086528

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/240_GSet.tbk

TCD540040 restore with MFS Live cd to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 80293248

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.bak

TCD540040 restore with WinMFS to a drive with an LBA number equal to or greater than 80293248

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49887720/540_GSet.tbk

Also feel free to ask me for a DropBox invite that'll get both of us more free space.

If you can't PM me you can email me.

What are the chances that one of those images would work with a Sony SVR-3000 to get it going again?
AviStetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1104
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzep View Post
Hey all

I have some good ol' Samsung SIR-S4080R DirecTivo systems. I had two drives in one that I wound up doing a Clear and Delete Everything on the original OEM 80gb drive.

Now the second drive will not boot and allow me to watch live tv as it fails to acquire info from the satellite.

However, the OEM cleared and deleted drive will boot and allow me to watch live tv. Unfortunately, the second drive has lots of recorded shows that I am trying top get access to again.

Can I use the working image off of the OEM drive to get the second drive working again for live tv and still have the stored programming?

Sounds like they are now divorced and I'd them to be remarried/paired with OEM being the master and the second one being the slave and still have all the current recorded programming on the slave...
Short answer no, you must start over with a good drive, and don't use two drives anymore as drive space is so cheap now.

Last edited by lessd : 11-27-2012 at 05:21 PM.
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #1105
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviStetto View Post
What are the chances that one of those images would work with a Sony SVR-3000 to get it going again?
One of the S2 images would probably boot at least, but your Sony remote wouldn't work with the SVR-3k anymore.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #1106
rzep

Thanks Les. I sure appreciate your timely response.

Mike
rzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #1107
hctub

Hr10-250

can you look for the image in the info on the hard drive when using mfslive?
hctub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #1108
hctub

at a lost

HR10 -250 image seems to be a thing of the past
hctub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #1109
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hctub View Post
can you look for the image in the info on the hard drive when using mfslive?
Can you run WinMFS instead for that purpose?

Just select the drive, click on mfsinfo, and somewhere in there it should list the software version, and the last 3 or so digits should be the first few digits of the model number.

For instance, the Series 2 Dual Tuner (non-satellite version) is either the TCD649080 or the TCD649180, depending on original hard drive size, and the software version ends with 649.

MFS Live does have an

mfsinfo

command, but I don't think it reveals quite as much information as the WinMFS version.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #1110
AALANman
Powering Up..

Could anyone take pity on a TiVo community old-timer who is in need of an image for his TCD648250? Started getting an S03 error on update, so as a last resort I tried a Kickstart 57 and now she's stuck in a Guided Setup loop. I already have a DropBox account so I can be of no help referral-wise but if someone could provide a link to the WinMFS image or tell me where to look I'd sure be grateful!!! All links I have found via search are dead and there are no Seeders for the Supafly option.
AALANman is offline   Reply With Quote