TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #2191
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
this is for just downloading the file off of the tivo. thats all.

its a .tmp file and it looks like its the same size as the transfer file in my selected output directory

im using win7 x64
I just tried setting my ".TiVo Output Dir" setting to a different volume G: (a USB2 external drive) and tried a download. It worked as expected and the only file under %TEMP% is the expected 0 size "cookie*.tmp" used by curl. I didn't see any other .tmp file there while the download was ongoing. This was under Windows Vista.
Are you sure the file you are seeing is not just the 0 size cookie*.tmp file?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #2192
ayman86

here is a screenshot.

you can see how the tmp file size correlates to the tivo file size

ayman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #2193
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
here is a screenshot.
you can see how the tmp file size correlates to the tivo file size
The tmp file name is hidden in that screenshot. Can you post the full tmp file name?

Old 04-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #2194
citivolus

long time user of the old perl version of kmttg, now tried using the java version on a mac. when i kick off a batch of downloads from my TivoHD, it only downloads the first then gives a "Server Busy" error message for the rest. The Tivo stops responding to kmttg download requests or refreshes. Even the "Reset Tivo Web Server" option doesn't help, I need to reboot the Tivo. Any suggestions?
citivolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #2195
AudioNutz

Is the perl version still running in auto transfer mode while you're trying to auto transfer from the java version?
Old 04-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #2196
VideoGrabber

Question Problems with TTG-TS Transfers & Premiere with v14.1a

One other possible reason to avoid using TS mode for the time-being, when transferring with kmttg... it appears that once you get the .TiVo files on the PC side, they can't be played anymore when sent back with streambaby. As moyekj speculated, perhaps this is why the TiVoDesktop still provides no way to enable TS-transfers (only web-access and kmttg provide this capability).

In testing here, any attempt to play a non-PS transferred .TiVo file (sent back to the same Premiere it was recorded on), results in a long Please Wait (a minute or two, sometimes infinite). And when/if you get to the final screen and press Play, you get a gray screen with red text, that says: Incompatible Video Stream.

The reason I was doing this was to see if the constant glitches on my PC with every TS-mode transferred file, would be visible if sent back to the TiVo. If yes, that would mean the problem was in the TS-encoder that 14.1a uses internally to export files via TTG. If no, that would mean the TiVoDirectShowFilter that TD2.8 uses externally for decoding had the problem.

~~~

I'd be curious to hear from anyone with a v14.1a-based Premiere, who has sent HD files up to their PC using kmttg in TS mode, and NOT had sporadic "temporal frame drops" (aka half-second glitches) every 1-3 minutes. My understanding (possibly incorrect) was that those reporting not having problems earlier had been using a TiVo with 14.0 installed.

AFAICS, either 14.1a or TD2.8 (or both) is broken, w.r.t. TS-mode TTG. At least, I've been unable to find a single cable or OTA channel that will transfer TS-mode properly.
VideoGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #2197
citivolus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
Is the perl version still running in auto transfer mode while you're trying to auto transfer from the java version?
no, i had stopped using the perl version a while ago. actually, that would be a good test; i'll kick off a batch with the perl version now and see if it has the same behavior.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #2198
wrf

Tried ff_ipad.enc with mixed results

Hi,

New user here. I'm trying to move shows from my TiVo to the iPad. I found the ff_ipad.enc file on the web site and tried it out. Files look great, load to iTunes and the iPad, but the audio is badly out of sync. Sync problems appear on both the iPad and when playing in iTunes. For reference, here's the .enc file I found. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- Start

# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, 1280x720 h.264 video, 48KHz/160Kbps 2 chan aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -vcodec libx264 -level 31 -s 1280x720 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -maxrate 4000k -bufsize 5096k -g 300 -r 29.97 -b 2500k -acodec aac -ac 2 -ab 128k -ar 48000 -f mp4 OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4

-- END
wrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #2199
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrf View Post
Hi,

New user here. I'm trying to move shows from my TiVo to the iPad. I found the ff_ipad.enc file on the web site and tried it out. Files look great, load to iTunes and the iPad, but the audio is badly out of sync. Sync problems appear on both the iPad and when playing in iTunes. For reference, here's the .enc file I found. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- Start

# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, 1280x720 h.264 video, 48KHz/160Kbps 2 chan aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -vcodec libx264 -level 31 -s 1280x720 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -maxrate 4000k -bufsize 5096k -g 300 -r 29.97 -b 2500k -acodec aac -ac 2 -ab 128k -ar 48000 -f mp4 OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4

-- END
Yes, that's the iPad profile to be included in the next official release. Files originating from digital cable often have glitches that need to be cleaned up before you can re-encode them to other formats. It's likely if you use other encoding profiles on same source they would also be out of sync. Only effective tool to clean up glitches in original recording is VideoRedo Quickstream Fix - i.e. running "VRD QS Fix" task in kmttg before the encoding step. Obviously you need VideoRedo and be running on Windows platform for that. You can try out the free trial of VideoRedo if you don't have it to see if it indeed fixes your problem and then can decide if it's worth the $50 for the VRD Plus version.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #2200
citivolus

Quote:
Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
no, i had stopped using the perl version a while ago. actually, that would be a good test; i'll kick off a batch with the perl version now and see if it has the same behavior.
yup, the perl version on my Windows PC is working fine, downloading and converting a batch of programs. it is running version 0.5h. the latest java version on my Mac stops downloading with the "Server Busy" error message after the first program in a batch and hangs up the Tivo server. any ideas?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #2201
AudioNutz

Are you running auto transfers in the GUI mode? If so, don't have a suggestion. If you're not in the GUI, what is the command line that you're using to start the auto transfers?
Old 04-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #2202
moyekj

Quote:
yup, the perl version on my Windows PC is working fine, downloading and converting a batch of programs. it is running version 0.5h. the latest java version on my Mac stops downloading with the "Server Busy" error message after the first program in a batch and hangs up the Tivo server. any ideas?
Try running java version on Windows. Ultimately both perl & java version are using curl for downloads so it shouldn't make a difference for the same OS. The Mac curl vs Windows curl may make a difference.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #2203
citivolus

ok, I am running the java version in Fusion on my Mac and it is working fine. I am not using the AutoTransfer, just picking a bunch of videos from the Now Playing list of my TivoHD.

does this mean that there is something wrong with the Mac version of curl?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #2204
moyekj

Quote:
ok, I am running the java version in Fusion on my Mac and it is working fine. I am not using the AutoTransfer, just picking a bunch of videos from the Now Playing list of my TivoHD.

Possibly. Run "curl --version" to get information about it. Windows version:
curl 7.18.0 (i586-pc-mingw32msvc) libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.2.3
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Old 04-12-2010, 02:11 AM   #2205
AudioNutz

Quote:

Try using the auto-transfer. This needs to be a same for same test if it's to have meaningful results. I honestly doubt that there is something with the Mac version of curl, since it works on all of my Macs, but I suppose there's a first for everything.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #2206
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Possibly. Run "curl --version" to get information about it. Windows version:
curl 7.18.0 (i586-pc-mingw32msvc) libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.2.3
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz
Interesting. I've had some "server busy" problems, and haven't chased them down yet. But for the record, here are the versions of curl on the Mac:

OS X 10.5.8 Leopard:
curl 7.16.4 (i386-apple-darwin9.0) libcurl/7.16.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7l zlib/1.2.3
Features: GSS-Negotiate IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard:
curl 7.19.7 (universal-apple-darwin10.0) libcurl/7.19.7 OpenSSL/0.9.8l zlib/1.2.3
Features: GSS-Negotiate IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

I will try to find some time to experiment with the newer version to see if it solves/minimizes my problems.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #2207
cweb

32-bit vs. 64-bit java ....

I'm making the jump to Windows 7 64-bit. I trying to figure out whether to use 32-bit or 64-bit java with kmttg.

Thought it was addressed earlier in the thread, but can't find where. Is it ok to go 64-bit?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #2208
Icarus

Just load whatever java is the suggested download from http://www.java.com/getjava/

I'm running kmttg with win7 64-bit, and I didn't give it a thought.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #2209
asteinmetz

I have only recently tried to get content moving back and forth between my series 3 and my windows 7 PC. The "forth" part is working pretty well and I have had great success with Streambaby. The "back" part, not so much. I have tried Galleon and kmttg and am perplexed.

In the case of kmttg I get this when I start up:
Code:
Refreshing encoding profiles
Adding detected tivo: TIVOHD 1
MAK not specified or not correct
>> Getting Now Playing List from TIVOHD 1 ...
C:\Users\Art\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7j\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\Art\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie8029831860704255788.tmp --url https://192.168.2.28/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0 --output C:\Users\Art\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL3234788775097119653.tmp 
Failed to obtain data for TiVo: TIVOHD 1
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from TIVOHD 1
Exit code: 35
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings

curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to 192.168.2.28:443 
So the Tivo, TIVOHD1, is discovered, the IP address is correct, and I've tripled checked the MAK code. When I try to directly access the url referenced in the curl command with a browser it times out.

FYI, Galleon is similarly perplexing. The ToGo app sees the Tivo but waits forever to not get the recorded programs. The Galleon apps appear on the Tivo Showcases menu but get stuck at "Please Wait" when I access them.

I get the strange feeling I am missing something obvious. I'd appreciate any ideas. thanks.
asteinmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #2210
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I'm making the jump to Windows 7 64-bit. I trying to figure out whether to use 32-bit or 64-bit java with kmttg.

Thought it was addressed earlier in the thread, but can't find where. Is it ok to go 64-bit?
Use the 32-bit installation as detailed in the windows_installation Wiki.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #2211
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteinmetz View Post
I have only recently tried to get content moving back and forth between my series 3 and my windows 7 PC. The "forth" part is working pretty well and I have had great success with Streambaby. The "back" part, not so much. I have tried Galleon and kmttg and am perplexed.

In the case of kmttg I get this when I start up:
Code:
Adding detected tivo: TIVOHD 1
MAK not specified or not correct
>> Getting Now Playing List from TIVOHD 1 ...
C:\Users\Art\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7j\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\Art\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie8029831860704255788.tmp --url https://192.168.2.28/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0 --output C:\Users\Art\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL3234788775097119653.tmp 
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from TIVOHD 1
Exit code: 35
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings

curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to 192.168.2.28:443 
So the Tivo, TIVOHD1, is discovered, the IP address is correct, and I've tripled checked the MAK code. When I try to directly access the url referenced in the curl command with a browser it times out.

FYI, Galleon is similarly perplexing. The ToGo app sees the Tivo but waits forever to not get the recorded programs. The Galleon apps appear on the Tivo Showcases menu but get stuck at "Please Wait" when I access them.

I get the strange feeling I am missing something obvious. I'd appreciate any ideas. thanks.
Until you get a login response for https://192.168.2.28 in a browser none of the To Go apps will work.
First thing to check is if your TiVo is authorized for To Go. Log into tivo.com and under "My TiVo"->Change DVR Preferences make sure that "Allow Transfers" is enabled for your DVR. If it is disabled then that is your problem. If it is enabled then disable it, do a couple of net connects, re-enable and do a couple of net connects again.
Then test https://192.168.2.28/ to see if it prompts for login. Once it does you are good to go.

And of course never forget the old standby: reboot your TiVo.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #2212
cweb

Quote:
Use the 32-bit installation as detailed in the windows_installation Wiki.
I'm not a developer, so I know little of such things. Is it hard or time consuming (maybe both) to compile a 32-bit and a 64-bit version?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #2213
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I'm not a developer, so I know little of such things. Is it hard or time consuming (maybe both) to compile a 32-bit and a 64-bit version?
It's not hard, but the only real advantage of 64-bit would be higher RAM capacity. I believe the 32-bit Java memory limit is ~1.5GB. For this particular application RAM use is pretty low and in fact most people are launching the jar file with default heap size settings which means 128MB, so exceeding 128MB of RAM would result in memory out of bounds errors. Of course you can change the Java launch to increase heap size but that should not be necessary for most people. i.e. 64 bit executable is not really necessary. 32-bit ensures compatibility across all Windows platforms as well as Linux & Mac systems (new and old) and given the low memory requirements is the most logical choice for maximum compatibility.

As a side note in previous kmttg releases I wasn't restricting the amount of text in the message pane window, so if you ran kmttg in GUI mode for a long time eventually with a lot of text displayed it was possible to exceed the 128MB default heap size. For next release since I am implementing "Loop in GUI" to be able to run auto transfers in loop in GUI there is good potential for a lot of text messages so now I have implemented a 10MB limit for the message pane (earlier text truncated as needed), so that should not be an issue.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #2214
ayman86

i didnt think the filename of the tmp file matter but i finally had a chance to download something again

Old 04-14-2010, 12:42 AM   #2215
moyekj

ayman86, those files are definitely not created by kmttg or curl. After some Googling it looks like those files are created by firewall or anti-virus software, see last post in:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=13048
So try adding adding full path to javaw.exe and the kmttg curl.exe to your firewall or anti-virus program exclusion list. It's likely it's also slowing down your downloads...

Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #2216
ayman86

Quote:
ayman86, those files are definitely not created by kmttg or curl. After some Googling it looks like those files are created by firewall or anti-virus software, see last post in:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=13048
So try adding adding full path to javaw.exe and the kmttg curl.exe to your firewall or anti-virus program exclusion list. It's likely it's also slowing down your downloads...
ohhh. maybe i should have googled that before troubling you. thanks ill do that
Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #2217
markmarz

originalAirDate in metadata output

Hi,

I'm a new user of kmttg. I don't see 'originalAirDate' as an available keyword. Am I missing something?

If not available, any chance of adding it in? If yes, then formatting or breakout ability would be nice. Like originalAirDateMonth, originalAirDateYear, originalAirDateDay as examples.

Thanks,
Mark M.
markmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #2218
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmarz View Post
Hi,

I'm a new user of kmttg. I don't see 'originalAirDate' as an available keyword. Am I missing something?

If not available, any chance of adding it in? If yes, then formatting or breakout ability would be nice. Like originalAirDateMonth, originalAirDateYear, originalAirDateDay as examples.

Thanks,
Mark M.
TiVo does not include originalAirDate for every show so having file naming based on that keyword would be unreliable (you end up with a blank string for shows that don't have it).
EpisodeNumber is another example of another entry that is not always available either even though it is an available keyword by popular demand. Personally I try and avoid using keywords that are not always available for File Naming purposes since otherwise you end up with inconsistent file naming.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #2219
Icarus

any idea when you are going to issue the next release with the ipad encoding profiles included? Also, is there any reason not to update to the latest t4s4 build 600?

BTW, most people probably want both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of java on their windows 64-bit systems. I'm pretty sure that's what I have.

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

ok, according to that page the default might depend on which browser you are running when you go to download it. so IE 64-bit users probably need to install both.

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 04-16-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #2220
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
any idea when you are going to issue the next release with the ipad encoding profiles included?
Still some things to test before next release. You can download checked in ipad profile from here (just stick the ff_ipad.enc file in kmttg encode folder):
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/svn/trun...de/ff_ipad.enc
Quote:
Also, is there any reason not to update to the latest t4s4 build 600?
I'm running 600 and it's working fine with kmttg.