TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #1951
marissacorey

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm using Win XP and I my Tivo recordings are in Standard Definition.

I've tried using other mpgs with Avidemux and they seemed to come out fine. It only seemed to be the Tivo recordings where the aspect ratio was stretched. Any information you can provide would be great. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I know nothing about Avidemux so can't really comment. I see that it is a freely available program so will try downloading and playing with it. A couple of questions:
1. What OS are you on?
2. Are your source recordings Standard or High definition? Or is the problem there either way?

The program that converts TiVo to mpg does nothing but remove encryption, so the resulting mpg file is a valid mpg program, so it would suggest the problems lie with Avidemux. But I don't know enough about that program to comment.

marissacorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #1952
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
That's odd. If you use the url in a browser does it work:
Code:
http://10.0.0.53:8080/confirm/del/1242251
kmttg issues the url and then awaits a response. If it receives response "OK" from server then it assume it worked which is what looks like happened, so I can't explain why it doesn't work if the url above is indeed the only thing needed to delete a show.
I think to actually delete it needs to click on the confirm button, I think the relevant html code is below:

Code:
<div id="content"><FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="/confirm" NAME=form><INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="u2" VALUE="bnowshowing"><INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="sub" VALUE="Delete"> 
<H1>Confirm Delete</H1><TABLE cellspacing=0  class='showlist'> 
<TR ALIGN=CENTER class="odd"><th nowrap>Day</th><th nowrap>Time</th><th nowrap>Date</th><th nowrap>Chan</th><th nowrap>Orig.Air</th><th nowrap>Desc</th><th nowrap><INPUT NAME='check_0' TYPE=CHECKBOX  value="Check All" title="Select/Deselect All" onClick="CheckAll('fsida', check_0.checked);" ></th></TR> 
<TR class="even"><td NOWRAP>Thu</td><td ALIGN=RIGHT NOWRAP> 9:00 pm</td><td ALIGN=RIGHT NOWRAP><p style=display:none>1266526828</p>02/18</td><td NOWRAP>USA</td><td ALIGN=RIGHT NOWRAP><em><p style=display:none>1266451200</p>02/18/10</em></td><td><A HREF="/series/493939/-1" >Burn Notice</A> <A HREF="/showing/1242251/13" >Partners in Crime</A> <small>Sam and Michael investigate a robbery at a chic fashion house; Michael and Fiona gain the trust of a Polish intelligence officer.</small></td><td NOWRAP><INPUT NAME='fsida(1242251)' TYPE=CHECKBOX   CHECKED></td></TR> 
</TABLE><INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="submit" VALUE="Confirm_Delete"></FORM> 
<script type='text/javascript' src='/sorttable.js'></script> 
<script type='text/javascript' src='/CheckAll.js'></script></div></BODY></HTML>

"easy as 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884179"
StanSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #1953
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissacorey View Post
Thanks so much for the reply. I'm using Win XP and I my Tivo recordings are in Standard Definition.

I've tried using other mpgs with Avidemux and they seemed to come out fine. It only seemed to be the Tivo recordings where the aspect ratio was stretched. Any information you can provide would be great. Thanks again.
Once I rebooted my PC (audio driver went bad) and run Avidemux on several different shows originating from TiVo (SD & HD) they play fine in Avidemux with audio and with proper aspect ratio. There may be some special resolutions Avidemux doesn't like. You can use Mediainfo to examine properties of mpeg file. Perhaps post here the output of Mediainfo on an mpeg that looks OK vs one that does not to see if anything jumps out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #1954
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSimmons View Post
I think to actually delete it needs to click on the confirm button, I think the relevant html code is below:

Code:
...snip...
The latest beta worked just fine.

Thanks for your hard work on this!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #1955
Gubbagubba

So much to try so little time.
Can't wait to try some of these things out.
Gubbagubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #1956
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissacorey View Post

I think I know what's happening. avidemux always assumes square pixel sizes, so if you try and play videos with non-square pixels they will look stretched.
If your TiVo recordings are coming from Series 2 and they are 480x480 resolution with 4:3 aspect ratio for example, then they will look stretched. If you play them in Windows Media Player of Videolan VLC they look fine. So the issue is avidemux. I didn't see any options to change that behavior.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #1957
miguelakiira

Hi moyekj,
Multiple videoredos is working beautifully.
One thing though, Kmttg keeps qsfixing the same tivo files over and over again. Am I doing something wrong?
miguelakiira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #1958
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelakiira View Post
Hi moyekj,
Multiple videoredos is working beautifully.
One thing though, Kmttg keeps qsfixing the same tivo files over and over again. Am I doing something wrong?
Using auto transfers? If so then it's probably because the auto.history file is not updated with those shows so kmttg is re-processing them. The history file is only updated following a successful download, so if for some reason you had failed downloads the history file is not updated. To manually add shows to history file bring up kmttg GUI, select the shows in list that you don't want kmttg to process anymore and then choose Auto Transfers->Add selected to history file.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #1959
miguelakiira

Oh that makes sense.
Autohistory was blocking a lot of transfers. I record a lot of news and shows that Kmttg sees as duplicates. I have automated the erasing of the history file, because adding ignore filters to autohistory would be a huge task. I set Kmttg to not overwrite, this is how I block kmttg from redownloading tivo files. Do you think there is a better way to accomplish what I am doing? If kmttg searched ahead of time for same name mpg's it would skip repeating a qsfix.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #1960
miguelakiira

If I copy paste ignorehistory program ids, will these downloaded tivo files loop in qsfix?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #1961
moyekj

Quote:
If kmttg searched ahead of time for same name mpg's it would skip repeating a qsfix.
The problem with checking for output file for qsfix is if you use tivodecode then the output mpeg file of qsfix is same as input mpeg file. Therefore for that case it doesn't make sense obviously to check for existence of output file.

However for next release I've added an additional check such that if input file to qsfix is a TiVo file and corresponding output mpeg file already exists then qsfix is not scheduled if overwrite files option is disabled.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #1962
moyekj

Quote:
If I copy paste ignorehistory program ids, will these downloaded tivo files loop in qsfix?
Per documentation you can add ignorehistory entries to auto.ini file:
<ignorehistory>
SH1940720000

So if you just copy lines out of auto.history to auto.ini file under <ignorehistory> section then that would be easy way to set a bunch of exceptions. I think perhaps you are asking if you can get away with the extra text following the program id? I'm not exactly sure, but a brief look suggests that may be OK.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #1963
miguelakiira

Thanks for the change with Tivo name check for qsfix!
My issue is that alot of non-duplicate shows have duplicate names because there is no extra text such as this SH011721360000 Street Court
blocking with no-overwrite is a life saver.
For now I have history.log erasing after 12 hours, and kmttg ignoring tivo older than 12 hours, so that should get rid of loops.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #1964
moyekj

Quote:
Thanks for the change with Tivo name check for qsfix!
My issue is that alot of non-duplicate shows have duplicate names because there is no extra text such as this SH011721360000 Street Court
blocking with no-overwrite is a life saver.
For now I have history.log erasing after 12 hours, and kmttg ignoring tivo older than 12 hours, so that should get rid of loops.
The extra text doesn't really mean anything to kmttg. It's just to help you identify what the show is. The only thing that matters is the programId. i.e. So simply SH011721360000 without any text following is sufficient, and that's all that is needed if you add exceptions to auto.ini under <ignorehistory> keyword.

If you are having problem with duplicate file names for different shows then you should consider modifying your File Naming template to include the recorded date of the program.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #1965
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
The extra text doesn't really mean anything to kmttg. It's just to help you identify what the show is. The only thing that matters is the programId. i.e. So simply SH011721360000 without any text following is sufficient, and that's all that is needed if you add exceptions to auto.ini under <ignorehistory> keyword.

If you are having problem with duplicate file names for different shows then you should consider modifying your File Naming template to include the recorded date of the program.
Anyone else seen MS Security Essentials peg the processor when this app is running?
180hr S2

Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #1966
moyekj

VideoRedo TVSuite 4 with support for AC3 audio in MP4 container

VideoRedo TVSuite 4 with support for AC3 audio in MP4 container as a backdoor (output only, not input) is now available. See my message in VideoRedo 4 thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...13#post7792313

Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #1967
miguelakiira

will qsfix loop for <ignorehistory> files?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #1968
moyekj

Quote:
will qsfix loop for <ignorehistory> files?
Don't understand the question. The meaning of programId entries under <ignorehistory> tag is that in auto transfers mode kmttg will never consider those shows as "already processed", which means if auto transfers matching matches a show with one of these programId entries then it will always try and process it. So yes, it's very possible that this will force certain shows to be processed over and over which may or may not be what you want. As you mentioned before you can use the date filtering option to prevent processing of recordings older than a certain amount of time.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #1969
miguelakiira

yes that's what I was asking, thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #1970
caddyroger

I am running windows 7 pro and kmttg v0p7i. I got this reading this afternoon.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 13
at sun.font.FontDesignMetrics.charsWidth(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.Utilities.getTabbedTextOffset(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.PlainView.viewToModel(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.FieldView.viewToModel(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$RootView.viewToModel(Unkn own source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI.viewToModel(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.DefaultCaret.moveCaret(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.text.DefaultCaret.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
What could be causing this.?

Last edited by caddyroger : 02-23-2010 at 11:33 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #1971
StanSimmons
Senior Moment Member

I had the same issue with my Vista x64 setup.

moyekj responded:
Quote:
I see that message occasionally. There are no kmttg source files and line #s in the stack trace so the problem is not coming directly from kmttg so it's likely a Java issue of some sort. I haven't seen any ill effects so far though so it's just something I've learned to ignore.
It hasn't seemed to effect my system, so I'm just gonna ignore it too.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #1972
miguelakiira

if I create dummy .mpg.qfix files to stop kmttg from looping files tagged with <ignorehistory>, will this work? or will videoredo overwrite my dummy file? it's hard for me to tell because I have so many files qued
Old 02-24-2010, 01:27 AM   #1973
moyekj

Quote:
if I create dummy .mpg.qfix files to stop kmttg from looping files tagged with <ignorehistory>, will this work? or will videoredo overwrite my dummy file? it's hard for me to tell because I have so many files qued
No that won't work. Replace your kmttg.jar with a beta version of kmttg.jar in this zip file. It contains the change I mentioned above where qsfix task will not be scheduled if input file is TiVo and you have the "Overwrite existing files" option disabled and the output mpg file already exists. Obviously stop kmttg service 1st before replacing the jar file and then restart service.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #1974
miguelakiira

great, running now, will let you know if there are any issues, it knows to look for the mpg in the mpg directory set by the config right?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #1975
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
No that won't work. Replace your kmttg.jar with a beta version of kmttg.jar in this zip file.
Are you sure it won't work? I've been forced to play around with something similar the past few days to stop constant transfers, and my current solution seems to work. My custom script creates the appropriately named .tivo file in the upload directory and makes it a readonly file. Future transfers of the file then fail (even though I have overwrite files still set to true, which I need). It's incredibly ugly with very ugly errors in the logs and who knows whether it will break in the future, but it does work, and I'm not sure why something similar wouldn't work at a later qsfix stage.

It seems to me that this is an example of a general problem of how to handle the auto-transfer of programs that don't have good enough metadata to accurately identify the episode for auto.history. Given your recent changes to the configure file for auto-transfer (in particular, giving series and machine dependent options), perhaps you could attack the problem directly?

You could set up a series dependent flag in configure that indicates recordings of shows (not just episodes of shows) are to be considered different. Then for those shows, auto.history could have its programId set to the current programId concatenated with the recording time. When checking potential transfers of that series, you would do the same thing.

That gets rid of the ugly ignorehistory and newer than 48 hours hack for many purposes, as well as all the extra transfers that happen because of that. (I have problems with the 48 (or whatever) hours settings in that kmttg -a is dying occasionally, or that computer is not communicating or whatever, and I often want to auto-transfer older shows.)

This solution is not optimal for my particular need - I have a series that has much generic info (no episode number, title, or description), but does have an accurate original air date that could conceivably be used. But it does seem like a solution that is clean enough to be useful for lots of folks, including me.

Last edited by CrispyCritter : 02-24-2010 at 09:46 AM.
CrispyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #1976
moyekj

CrispyCritter, so I think you are talking about programs that don't have a unique programId? i.e. Different recordings of a series all have same programId? I didn't know that was very common. I have a couple of repeating manual records that suffer from that problem but didn't know it applied to non-manual recordings as well.

In version v0p7e I tackled the problem of programs without a programId (such as pyTivo or TiVo Desktop pulls) by generating a fake id using a combination of url id & file size. So if this issue is fairly common where different recordings have same programId perhaps the best solution is to always have kmttg build its own unique id similar to what is done now for programs without one. (Auto transfers would still have to be smart and check auto.history for old style id based on programId for backwards compatibility reasons, but all new transfers would get their own kmttg generated id perhaps based on url id & recording time).

I welcome any further inputs on this important issue. Perhaps there is a better tracking system for preventing repeated downloads than a history file? I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-24-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #1977
cweb

Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once .....

I have the "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" box checked", but still only one VideoRedo job is running at a time. Is there some thing else I need to enable? Do services need to be running? (I do get the VideoRedo initial GUI popup to momentarily appear.)
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #1978
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I have the "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" box checked", but still only one VideoRedo job is running at a time. Is there some thing else I need to enable? Do services need to be running? (I do get the VideoRedo initial GUI popup to momentarily appear.)
Under Program Options tab make sure you set "active job limit" > 1 as mentioned in the tooltip for the "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" option.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #1979
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
CrispyCritter, so I think you are talking about programs that don't have a unique programId? i.e. Different recordings of a series all have same programId? I didn't know that was very common. I have a couple of repeating manual records that suffer from that problem but didn't know it applied to non-manual recordings as well.

In version v0p7e I tackled the problem of programs without a programId (such as pyTivo or TiVo Desktop pulls) by generating a fake id using a combination of url id & file size. So if this issue is fairly common where different recordings have same programId perhaps the best solution is to always have kmttg build its own unique id similar to what is done now for programs without one. (Auto transfers would still have to be smart and check auto.history for old style id based on programId for backwards compatibility reasons, but all new transfers would get their own kmttg generated id perhaps based on url id & recording time).

I welcome any further inputs on this important issue. Perhaps there is a better tracking system for preventing repeated downloads than a history file? I'm open to suggestions.
Sorry for the delay in responding, I wanted to make certain that the shows all have the same programId. Tough to do since it's not part of the metadata that's saved; the only way I can see to get it is in the auto.history.

Yes, the shows all have the same programId. This is Cartoon Network which, along with Comedy Central, is known for the lack of attention to such things. I had thought from other peoples' reports that it wasn't all that uncommon, with news shows and things like "The Daily Show" being the main culprits. By the way, I was partly incorrect - my episodes don't in general have the correct original air date - it's a generic date from the start of the series.

I like your current episode-oriented history, and think you should keep it as the default. It allows the easy collection of shows in reruns - that would be a mess if you were getting multiple copies of the same old re-run. It also (mostly) solves the problem of the same show being recorded on multiple TiVos, and having to be careful about multiple downloads. I think it works well the vast majority of the time.

Where it fails is when the broadcasters don't fulfill their obligations and don't have the proper metadata associated with the show. Rather than having kmttg try to figure out what to do for all possible combinations of missing data, I think it would be cleaner for these particular series for kmttg to construct a recording specific id, like you suggest, to allow the shows to be transferred exactly once. Since it's hard for kmttg to tell if there's missing data, I would think it would be easier for the user when setting up the auto-transfer to tell kmttg to use the recording specific id for this series.

On a related note, is there any reason why the programId is not included in the available meta-data? There are shows out there that have a good programId, but have incorrect episode numbers. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is almost always episode number 2 or 3, but the encoding of the programId has a correct episode number in it. It would be handy to have that info around - I'm currently editing the .txt file by hand for Buffy!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #1980
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Where it fails is when the broadcasters don't fulfill their obligations and don't have the proper metadata associated with the show. Rather than having kmttg try to figure out what to do for all possible combinations of missing data, I think it would be cleaner for these particular series for kmttg to construct a recording specific id, like you suggest, to allow the shows to be transferred exactly once. Since it's hard for kmttg to tell if there's missing data, I would think it would be easier for the user when setting up the auto-transfer to tell kmttg to use the recording specific id for this series.
I still think it would be cleaner and easier to construct a truly unique "kmttgid" perhaps out of programId & recorded time for every show so as to make it unique even for cases of lousy TiVo data. Having a user specify which shows are to be treated special complicates things unnecessarily.

Quote:
On a related note, is there any reason why the programId is not included in the available meta-data? There are shows out there that have a good programId, but have incorrect episode numbers. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is almost always episode number 2 or 3, but the encoding of the programId has a correct episode number in it. It would be handy to have that info around - I'm currently editing the .txt file by hand for Buffy!
I'm not following you here... there's a relationship between episode numbers & programId? Last I checked pyTivo metadata Wiki page I didn't see anything about programId mentioned so never thought to include it in metadata files.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-25-2010 at 01:01 AM.