TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #1621
neo_sapien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
I'm new at using kmttg and just got a TiVo HD on black friday. Last night, I tried to test it out by transferring an episode of The Simpsons in HD, but it crashed on comcut. A windows error message popped up, saying that "MPlayer - Movie Player has stopped working". That's funny, I wasn't even running Mplayer. Here's the full error log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: mencoder.exe
Application Version: 0.0.9.0
Application Timestamp: 470b8091
Fault Module Name: mencoder.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 470b8091
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00038aed
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: eb00
Additional Information 2: eb00be95774d984061da9a7940efd522
Additional Information 3: 40da
Additional Information 4: 40da808c12dab05d5dd3e141925c273b
neo_sapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #1622
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
That's likely problems in the TiVo HD recording which need to be cleaned up before you can do any further processing beyond decrypt. For TiVo HD recordings if you plan on doing any further processing beyond decrypt you really need to have VideoRedo available to be able to clean up the glitches so that subsequent processing will work.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #1623
neo_sapien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
You mean, using VideoReDo's Quickstream Fix?
neo_sapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #1624
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodolite View Post
Hi moyekj,

The following is the log, I checked decrypt and ecnode to ff_h264_high_rate

I check the file name again, it's not encoded name and I don't know what is it.

== Start of log ==

鬼訊號2:靈異透視 - White Noise 2: The Light
Recorded 星期二 12/08/2009 11:44 下午 on 69-0=衛視西片, Duration = 120 mins
艾比(奈森菲利安)眼見妻兒遇害後,凶手隨後舉槍自盡的慘劇,他在悲痛下自殺未遂,竟意外得到預知死亡的能力,而後阻止了三人死 亡,其中包括幫過他的護士雪莉(凱蒂薩霍夫)。但他不久後便發現,被救過的人會被附身,找尋下一個替死鬼…
>> DOWNLOADING /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo ...
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie6011400967221029882.tmp --url 192.168.1.11:80/download/%E9%AC%BC%E8%A8%8A%E8%99%9F2%E9%9D%88%E7%95%B0%E9%80%8F%E8%A 6%96.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1308616 --output "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo"
Download failed to file: /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo
Exit code: 0
0 31 0 2588M 0 0 643k 0 --:--:-- 1:08:40 --:--:-- 620k

== Skipped ==

0 31 0 3198M 0 0 639k 0 --:--:-- 1:25:19 --:--:-- 611k
>> DECRYPTING /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo ...
/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --out "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg" "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --out "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg" "/Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo"
Encryption by QUALCOMM

End of File
mpeg file not given or doesn't exist: /Users/Eric/Downloads/kmttg_v0p7f/鬼訊號2靈異透視 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg

== End of log ==

After all jobs done, there are .tivo and .mpeg file in my disk, named

%B0%AD%B0T%B8%B92%C6F%B2%A7%B3z%B5%F8 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).TiVo

and

%B0%AD%B0T%B8%B92%C6F%B2%A7%B3z%B5%F8 - White Noise 2 The Light (12_08_2009).mpg
That's odd that curl puts out url encoded Chinese as output file name which is I think where all the problems stem from. It's clear from the --output string that the intent is to save to disk using original Chinese characters. Are you using Windows? Does it support file names with Chinese characters?
A while back there were some issues with Spanish character support which were fixed. From what I recall the output file names were not url encoded in that situation, so the special characters were part of file names.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #1625
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_sapien View Post
You mean, using VideoReDo's Quickstream Fix?
Yes. Also, if you setup kmttg for VideoRedo it will use it for Ad Cut stage as well instead of mencoder.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #1626
neo_sapien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
I put the decrypted .mpg file through VideoReDo quickstream fix, then tried running comskip and comcut on the fixed .mpg file. Same exact error.
neo_sapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #1627
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_sapien View Post
I put the decrypted .mpg file through VideoReDo quickstream fix, then tried running comskip and comcut on the fixed .mpg file. Same exact error.
Setup kmttg with location of your VideoRedo installation. It will then use VideoRedo for the cuts instead of mencoder. (Then you can enable VRD QS Fix task as well in the future to avoid having to do that manually).
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #1628
neo_sapien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
I tried that earlier today, and received errors.

Quote:
>> Running qsfix on F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg.qsfix" /t1 /d /q /na
qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg.qsfix" /t1 /d /q /na
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\vp.vbs(45, 2) WScript.CreateObject: Could not create object named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".

>> Running adscan on F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\AdScan.vbs" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).VPrj" /q
adscan failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\AdScan.vbs" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).mpg" "F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).VPrj" /q
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite\AdScan.vbs(41, 2) WScript.CreateObject: Could not create object named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".

VPrj file not found: F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).VPrj
SKIPPING ADCUT, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009)_cut.mpg
vprj file not found: F:\TiVo\The Simpsons - O Brother, Where Bart Thou (12_13_2009).VPrj
I spent an hour or two this morning googling the error messages, and tried some of the solutions in this thread, but was unable to get VideoReDo to work cutting commercials in kmttg. I did run VideoReDo in administrator mode first. I couldn't figure out how to run kmttg in administrator mode, since it's a .jar file and not an .exe file.
neo_sapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #1629
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_sapien View Post
I tried that earlier today, and received errors.


I spent an hour or two this morning googling the error messages, and tried some of the solutions in this thread, but was unable to get VideoReDo to work cutting commercials in kmttg. I did run VideoReDo in administrator mode first. I couldn't figure out how to run kmttg in administrator mode, since it's a .jar file and not an .exe file.
To run as Administrator you can make a kmttg.bat file with the following:
Code:
@echo off
java -jar kmttg.jar
Then you can run kmttg.bat as Administrator. Not sure it will fix the issue but worth a shot I suppose.

One other thing to try is at least temporarily disable UAC and try it again.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #1630
neo_sapien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
For some reason, I wasn't able to run kmttg.jar using that .bat file. It would immediately close, or maybe it wasn't starting up. But, I started cmd.exe in administrator mode and manually navigated to the folder and started kmttg.jar, and now kmttg seems to be working right. It automatically performs the VRD QS fix and the Ad Detect, then launches VideoReDo for you to manually confirm the ad cuts and save the new video. Success! Thank you for your help moyekj

I wonder if there is some easier way to start kmttg.jar in administrator mode than to open cmd.exe in administrator mode and start it from there.
neo_sapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #1631
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_sapien View Post
I wonder if there is some easier way to start kmttg.jar in administrator mode than to open cmd.exe in administrator mode and start it from there.
Probably java is not in your PATH. In the .bat file change "java" to the full path to java.exe executable and it should work.

Also now that you got it working it could well be you no longer have to run anything as Administrator anymore...
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #1632
neo_sapien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
Yes, putting in the entire path to java.exe and to kmttg.jar worked, but I still have to run as administrator. Good enough for me. Thank you again for your help!
neo_sapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #1633
theodolite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That's odd that curl puts out url encoded Chinese as output file name which is I think where all the problems stem from. It's clear from the --output string that the intent is to save to disk using original Chinese characters. Are you using Windows? Does it support file names with Chinese characters?
A while back there were some issues with Spanish character support which were fixed. From what I recall the output file names were not url encoded in that situation, so the special characters were part of file names.
My environment is Mac OS X 10.6.2. It should support file name in UTF-8.
theodolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #1634
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodolite View Post
My environment is Mac OS X 10.6.2. It should support file name in UTF-8.
So can you create a file name with Chinese characters similar to one you posted? I don't use Mac so can't test myself...
Assuming it's even possible then the next question is why curl isn't doing it...
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #1635
jfh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver area
Posts: 4,463
OK, I'm lost. New install of kmttg on Windows 7 (64 bit). I can't get any sound out of the resulting mp4 files using Windows Media Player. Sound is find using VLC, just not WMP.

VLC says the codec is a52 - how do I get WMP to play it?

(I've searched for about an hour, tried installing various codecs, but no luck. I do have ac3filter which I needed to play TV captured from an HDHomerun box.)
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #1636
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh3 View Post
OK, I'm lost. New install of kmttg on Windows 7 (64 bit). I can't get any sound out of the resulting mp4 files using Windows Media Player. Sound is find using VLC, just not WMP.

VLC says the codec is a52 - how do I get WMP to play it?

(I've searched for about an hour, tried installing various codecs, but no luck. I do have ac3filter which I needed to play TV captured from an HDHomerun box.)
I assume you are using one of the encoding profiles that outputs mp4 with H.264 & AC3 audio right? I don't think there is a codec for WMP that will work. AC3 audio in mp4 container is relatively new to mp4 specs and not many players/decoders can handle it. As you have discovered VLC can without a problem and of course Series 3 TiVos can handle them natively as well.
If you really want/need something that works with WMP and TiVo you can use AAC audio instead, however TiVo only properly outputs stereo AAC audio, so if you want 6 channel audio then AC3 is really the only way to go.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #1637
jfh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver area
Posts: 4,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I assume you are using one of the encoding profiles that outputs mp4 with H.264 & AC3 audio right? I don't think there is a codec for WMP that will work. AC3 audio in mp4 container is relatively new to mp4 specs and not many players/decoders can handle it. As you have discovered VLC can without a problem and of course Series 3 TiVos can handle them natively as well.
If you really want/need something that works with WMP and TiVo you can use AAC audio instead, however TiVo only properly outputs stereo AAC audio, so if you want 6 channel audio then AC3 is really the only way to go.
Thanks.

I am using ff_tivo_hd as I really didn't know which one to pick (all I have left are TivoHD boxes). It looks to me that it supports H.264 and AC3.

If I can't use an mp4 file in WMP, what should I use to encode to get a smaller filesize than the mpg file and still use AC3 audio?

Since the output I want is really for WMP, I guess there isn't any reason I can't use AAC, since I won't move those files back to a Tivo, just play them on a PC.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #1638
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh3 View Post
Thanks.

I am using ff_tivo_hd as I really didn't know which one to pick (all I have left are TivoHD boxes). It looks to me that it supports H.264 and AC3.

If I can't use an mp4 file in WMP, what should I use to encode to get a smaller filesize than the mpg file and still use AC3 audio?

Since the output I want is really for WMP, I guess there isn't any reason I can't use AAC, since I won't move those files back to a Tivo, just play them on a PC.
Try the ff_ps3 profile. That is mp4 with H.264 video and AAC audio which WMP should be able to handle without a problem. It should generate a smaller file size than original TiVo recording (at least compared to HD recordings) while preserving fairly decent quality.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #1639
jfh3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver area
Posts: 4,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Try the ff_ps3 profile. That is mp4 with H.264 video and AAC audio which WMP should be able to handle without a problem. It should generate a smaller file size than original TiVo recording (at least compared to HD recordings) while preserving fairly decent quality.
Thanks. Just saw that one and trying it now.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #1640
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 6,140
Some Transfers Immediately Fail

Hi moyekj - Thanks again for KMTTG, the hard work, and the hours you have dedicated to this project.

I do have one problem that pops up intermittently but consistently. Every now and then a transfer will fail immediately. Last night I selected a handful of programs to transfer. The first three transferred with no problem. The fourth one failed immediately after creating a file on my pc of 73 bytes. (That seems to be the magic number after observing two failures.) The next program and subsequent ones transferred with no problem and another is transferring right now. I just need to pay attention to the output and realize when this happens. Then all I need do is delete the bad transfer file and reselect and all works. I have never had a transfer that failed in this manner fail a second time. This happened when using the old Perl version and now with kmttg v0p7c.

Here is the output:
>> DOWNLOADING C:\Documents and Settings\WLB\My Documents\My TiVo Recordings\Gangs of New York\Gangs of New York .TiVo ...
"C:\Program Files\KMTTG\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\WLB\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie5718520455750369306.tmp --url http://192.168.1.5:80/download/Gangs...ing&id=2419302 --output "C:\Documents and Settings\WLB\My Documents\My TiVo Recordings\Gangs of New York\Gangs of New York .TiVo"
C:\Documents and Settings\WLB\My Documents\My TiVo Recordings\Gangs of New York\Gangs of New York .TiVosize=0.00 MB elapsed=00:00:01 (0.00 Mbps)
---DONE---
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #1641
theodolite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
So can you create a file name with Chinese characters similar to one you posted? I don't use Mac so can't test myself...
Assuming it's even possible then the next question is why curl isn't doing it...
Yes, it is ok to create a file with Chinese name.
Another question, how to test download command by curl? I use the command in the kmttg log and replace the "MAK" to my MAK, but it returns bad request?
theodolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #1642
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Hi moyekj - Thanks again for KMTTG, the hard work, and the hours you have dedicated to this project.

I do have one problem that pops up intermittently but consistently. Every now and then a transfer will fail immediately. Last night I selected a handful of programs to transfer. The first three transferred with no problem. The fourth one failed immediately after creating a file on my pc of 73 bytes. (That seems to be the magic number after observing two failures.) The next program and subsequent ones transferred with no problem and another is transferring right now. I just need to pay attention to the output and realize when this happens. Then all I need do is delete the bad transfer file and reselect and all works. I have never had a transfer that failed in this manner fail a second time. This happened when using the old Perl version and now with kmttg v0p7c.

Here is the output:
>> DOWNLOADING C:\Documents and Settings\WLB\My Documents\My TiVo Recordings\Gangs of New York\Gangs of New York .TiVo ...
"C:\Program Files\KMTTG\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\WLB\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie5718520455750369306.tmp --url http://192.168.1.5:80/download/Gangs...ing&id=2419302 --output "C:\Documents and Settings\WLB\My Documents\My TiVo Recordings\Gangs of New York\Gangs of New York .TiVo"
C:\Documents and Settings\WLB\My Documents\My TiVo Recordings\Gangs of New York\Gangs of New York .TiVosize=0.00 MB elapsed=00:00:01 (0.00 Mbps)
---DONE---
Most likely you are getting Server Busy message from your TiVo web server if you check kmttg error message or just open the failed .TiVo file with a text editor. If it gets to a point where you see that a lot a reboot of the TiVo clears it up. Seems to be worse for some people compared to others. I have seen that before for my S3s, but very infrequently.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #1643
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodolite View Post
Yes, it is ok to create a file with Chinese name.
Another question, how to test download command by curl? I use the command in the kmttg log and replace the "MAK" to my MAK, but it returns bad request?
Try putting quotes around the url. If it still fails post the error message here. That is a good idea to run from command line to see if you can get it working that way.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #1644
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 6,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Most likely you are getting Server Busy message from your TiVo web server if you check kmttg error message or just open the failed .TiVo file with a text editor. If it gets to a point where you see that a lot a reboot of the TiVo clears it up. Seems to be worse for some people compared to others. I have seen that before for my S3s, but very infrequently.
Okay sounds like that is it. I didn't realize I could open the file. I just assumed I would get the usual binary gibberish. (at least to me.) So I now see that at least one other person posted the contents of the file.

<h2>Bad Request</h2>
Unable to initialize videomgr pipeline: err 0x1d0012

The problem is fairly intermittent. So not a big issue. Seems like it would be easy to put some code in to test for that error or if the size wasn't correct or time was only a few seconds, etc. to restart the transfer and overwrite the original file. (Try like three times and then give up maybe.) Just a thought. You probably have bigger fish to fry at this point in time.

I still love the program and will continue using it.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #1645
theodolite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Try putting quotes around the url. If it still fails post the error message here. That is a good idea to run from command line to see if you can get it working that way.
I made some tests:

(1) Record a show from CNN, the name is in English with space(%20). I can download, decrypt and encode. But the output mp4 file doesn't have sound in QuickTime Player. I'll try the encode parameter later.

(2) /usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/XXX.tmp --url "UNREADABLE_URL_IN_PRECENT" --output "CHINESE_PATH"
If I run this manually, the output file name is Chinese but shows Authorization Failed (invalid response).

(3) /usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/XXX.tmp --url "URL_FROM_BROWSER_WITH_CHINESE" --output "CHINESE_PATH"
This seems works and the file name is in Chinese correctly. I also test to decrypt this output and works.

So I think there are two possible causes, first is quotes and the URL, in Chinese or not.
Second might be the environment variables that is different when runs the command in terminal or from your jar file.

Hope this information helps.
theodolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #1646
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodolite View Post
I made some tests:

(1) Record a show from CNN, the name is in English with space(%20). I can download, decrypt and encode. But the output mp4 file doesn't have sound in QuickTime Player. I'll try the encode parameter later.

(2) /usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/XXX.tmp --url "UNREADABLE_URL_IN_PRECENT" --output "CHINESE_PATH"
If I run this manually, the output file name is Chinese but shows Authorization Failed (invalid response).

(3) /usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/XXX.tmp --url "URL_FROM_BROWSER_WITH_CHINESE" --output "CHINESE_PATH"
This seems works and the file name is in Chinese correctly. I also test to decrypt this output and works.

So I think there are two possible causes, first is quotes and the URL, in Chinese or not.
Second might be the environment variables that is different when runs the command in terminal or from your jar file.

Hope this information helps.
OK, let's take curl out of the equation for a moment. If you enable "metadata" and "decrypt" task does it create proper .mpg.txt metadata file name with Chinese characters? That will establish if Java is able to handle Chinese characters in the first place in your setup.

From Windows Vista I just tried a Spanish recording with special characters which worked fine (note file name with the accented e):
Code:
>> CREATING C:\home\kmttg\José Luis sin Censura (12_16_2009).TiVo.txt ...
C:\home\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\moyekj\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie7191237761432949348.tmp --url https://192.168.1.100:443/TiVoVideoDetails?id=2667437 --output C:\DOCUME~1\moyekj\LOCALS~1\Temp\meta7956910070790471788.tmp 
metadata job completed: 00:00:00
---DONE--- job=metadata output=C:\home\kmttg\José Luis sin Censura (12_16_2009).TiVo.txt
>> DOWNLOADING C:\home\kmttg\José Luis sin Censura (12_16_2009).TiVo ...
C:\home\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\moyekj\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie5353030244853184483.tmp --url http://192.168.1.100:80/download/Jos%20Luis%20sin%20Censura.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=2667437 --output "C:\home\kmttg\José Luis sin Censura (12_16_2009).TiVo" 
C:\home\kmttg\José Luis sin Censura (12_16_2009).TiVo: size=25.46 MB elapsed=00:03:51 (0.92 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=C:\home\kmttg\José Luis sin Censura (12_16_2009).TiVo

__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 12-16-2009 at 02:52 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #1647
theodolite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
OK, let's take curl out of the equation for a moment. If you enable "metadata" and "decrypt" task does it create proper .mpg.txt metadata file name with Chinese characters? That will establish if Java is able to handle Chinese characters in the first place in your setup.
The metadata file's name is correct.
theodolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #1648
lex3001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 54
configure to transfer from Series 2 to new HD TiVo

I'd like to use this program to transfer over a hundred shows that my kids watch from my old series 2 to my new HD TiVo. I have a couple questions.

1. I see I can download the shows and the metadata. If I use the pyTivoAutoPush that you referenced, will it upload the metadata to the new TiVo automatically or just the video file? MAK is the same for both by the way.

2. Can HD TiVo natively store files in a better compression format? Would it be worth re-encoding the files from the Series 2 which are in MPEG2 into something else? If so, what?

Thanks!
lex3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #1649
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by lex3001 View Post
I'd like to use this program to transfer over a hundred shows that my kids watch from my old series 2 to my new HD TiVo. I have a couple questions.

1. I see I can download the shows and the metadata. If I use the pyTivoAutoPush that you referenced, will it upload the metadata to the new TiVo automatically or just the video file? MAK is the same for both by the way.

2. Can HD TiVo natively store files in a better compression format? Would it be worth re-encoding the files from the Series 2 which are in MPEG2 into something else? If so, what?

Thanks!
1. Don't really need to use the AutoPush program. You can use the kmttg "push" task to do each push. (Make sure you configure pyTivo setup to push to your HD TiVo).
i.e. Simply enable the metadata, decrypt and push tasks and then select the titles from your series 2 TiVo you want to process.
NOTE: If you use pyTivo "push" instead of "pull" the dates on the files you push will be the dates you push them, not the original recording date. If you want to preserve recording date you will have to use pyTivo "pull" instead.

2. Since these are SD mpeg2 files I wouldn't bother re-encoding to another format. mpeg2 is still the best native file format to play back on the TiVo.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #1650
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodolite View Post
The metadata file's name is correct.
Then I don't really know what the trouble is. You confirmed that the same curl command kmttg uses works from a command line shell, so not sure why it doesn't produce proper file name when called from java. Note that java is simply making a system call using Runtime.getRuntime().exec(String[] command) so not sure why curl does not spit out the correct file name when invoked that way...
If you have access to a Windows machine perhaps try running kmttg from there to see if it makes a difference.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |