TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #1351
Sam Lowry

Hi-
Just found this program. Seems great. I already have Tivo Desktop Plus, but I see many advantages of your program. My only question is once I have recoded the file I want that I have on my computer let's say .avi to tivo sd .mp4 (I have a S2) - is there a way to start it transferring to my Tivo automatically or do I do it from my Tivo?
Sam Lowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #1352
moyekj

Sam Lowry, if you leave Tivo Desktop Plus installed then you can setup Auto Transfers folder where video files deposited will transfer automatically to your Tivo. Other option is to install pyTivo and then use kmttg "custom" job to push files back to your Tivo automatically - see pyTivo_push Wiki.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #1353
dbtom

Zune HD profile recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good profile to use for the Zune HD? The native resolution for the Zune HD is 480x272. I tried editing the Zune profile and changing the resolution to this and it did not work. Same with the iPod profiles. The iPod settings work unadjusted, but their aspect ratios are different.

Right now I am using the Xbox setting and then have the Zune PC software transcode from the Xbox profile to the lower Zune resolution. This works, but it involves 2 transcodes and is not very efficient.
dbtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #1354
nvt

There appears to be a problem with the download page at GoogleCode:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/
The latest version listed
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/kmttg_v0p7b.zip
will not download and I can find no other instance of this (this may be a problem wiht the google hosting?)
nvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #1355
innocentfreak

I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #1356
bkdtv

Is there a reason why wishlist folders aren't listed with the appropriate name? Kmttg just displays the folder using the title of the first (?) program within the wishlist folder.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #1357
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
Is there a reason why wishlist folders aren't listed with the appropriate name? Kmttg just displays the folder using the title of the first (?) program within the wishlist folder.
Forgot all about wishlists - I only use them sparingly (mostly for NBA games) so during implementation/testing my TiVos did not have any wishlist groupings to think about. Currently the only grouping is by:
* suggestions
* title only (minus suggestions)
* HD channel

I'll have to look into how to identify wishlist recordings and group them by wishlist name. Note, I don't have series 2 TiVos to test with and I believe the wishlists for those units are quite different than series 3 right? For example they don't have advanced wishlists setup and don't have opportunity to name wishlists whatever they want right?
I don't know for wishlists if there are differences in Now Playing xml spit out by series 2 vs series 3 I guess is what I'm getting at (which is what I parse in kmttg).

Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #1358
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Forgot all about wishlists - I only use them sparingly (mostly for NBA games) so during implementation/testing my TiVos did not have any wishlist groupings to think about. Currently the only grouping is by:
* suggestions
* title only (minus suggestions)
* HD channel

I'll have to look into how to identify wishlist recordings and group them by wishlist name. Note, I don't have series 2 TiVos to test with and I believe the wishlists for those units are quite different than series 3 right? For example they don't have advanced wishlists setup and don't have opportunity to name wishlists whatever they want right?
When you connect to the TiVo with a web browser, it displays the correct wishlist folder names.

Wishlists are the same on the standalone Series2. Some of the DirecTiVo units do not have it, but they don't support TTG anyway.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #1359
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
When you connect to the TiVo with a web browser, it displays the correct wishlist folder names.

Wishlists are the same on the standalone Series2. Some of the DirecTiVo units do not have it, but they don't support TTG anyway.
Hmm. The XML dump with recursion enabled (what kmttg uses), using:
https://<ip>/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying&Recurse=Yes
does not give any clues about any of the wishlist recordings unfortunately, so I don't see a way to recognize wishlist recordings based on that information.
In order to see the wishlist groupings one has to run the XML dump without the &Recurse=Yes which then requires further URLs to get information about each group of shows. So this looks to be much more difficult to deal with than I would have suspected and would involve a lot of changes and extra URL queries to get working. So my inclination for now is forget about trying to group wishlists...

Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #1360
spocko
TiVo HD

I don't use wishlists a lot either, so I'm confused about the wishlist discussion. Are we talking about a top-level folder for all wishlist recordings:

NPL
|_ Wishlists
| |_ recording from Wishlist 1
| |_ recording from Wishlist 1
| |_ recording from Wishlist 2
| |_ recording from Wishlist 3
| |_ ...

Or just the ability to show recordings grouped per wishlist:

NPL
|_ Wishlist 1
| |_ recording 1
| |_ recording 2
| |_ ...
|_ Wishlist 2
| |_ recording 3
| |_ ...

Pardon my rudimentary attempts at a tree view. I don't think it is very useful to have a top level wishlist folder as in the first example. (Likewise I don't think the current top level HD folder is very interesting either.) On the other hand, I do think it is useful to have wishlist recordings grouped per wishlist, as shown in the 2nd example.

From the discussion here, I assume kmttg is doing something like the 2nd example, but is simply not using the same folder names (i.e. wishlist names) as shown in NPL on the Tivo?
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #1361
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko View Post
From the discussion here, I assume kmttg is doing something like the 2nd example, but is simply not using the same folder names (i.e. wishlist names) as shown in NPL on the Tivo?
Yes it is the 2nd example/tree view you give that is desired but as I mentioned above obtaining the information on folder structures would mean a fundamental change for kmttg in Now Playing List information parsing as well as multiple TiVo queries which would slow things down quite a bit and so I don't think merits the effort.

I also noticed that once you change a ARWL to no longer auto-record then TiVo folder display switches to group things by title again instead of by wishlist name which is a little odd. For my usual simple ARWL usage pretty much things are based mostly on titles anyway so they group the same way whether auto-record is set or not.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #1362
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko View Post
Kmttg doesn't support wishlist grouping at all. As far as kmttg is concerned, all wishlist programs were recorded with season passes.

I use wishlists for most movies and sporting events (with a separate wishlist for every pro and college sports team) so the NPL listing becomes quite cluttered without this grouping.

Last edited by bkdtv : 10-08-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #1363
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

I just installed and configured kmttg today (v0p7b). Neat app! I never was one to use Tivo-To-Go or Tivo-To-Come-Back, but figured I'd take the plunge and try this out. Only one problem: I'm getting digital artifacts after I transfer a file back to Tivo after decrypting and ad cutting. The decrypted file looks fine on the PC, as does the "_cut" file. I manually pulled the "_cut" file from my Tivo using PyTivo. I did queue up 5 shows, and transferred while kmttg was processing other jobs. Is it possible this is what caused the "interference"? I'm using wired ethernet.

Also, I just noticed that the last .tivo to be downloaded has slowed to a crawl. I just canceled the set of jobs associated with that download, and restarted. The throughput is MUCH better.

Any suggestions for these problems I'm having? In the meantime, I'll let the last jobs complete and try to transfer when the PC is not as busy.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #1364
moyekj

orangeboy, yes if you are pulling shows from your TiVo while at the same time using pyTivo to return shows to your TiVo then that will slow things down considerably. I don't know why you see digital artifacting when playing back on TiVo and not on PC. However if you have VideoRedo you should really configure kmttg to use it since that will eliminate introduction of glitches and audio/video sync when cutting commercials out.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #1365
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
orangeboy, yes if you are pulling shows from your TiVo while at the same time using pyTivo to return shows to your TiVo then that will slow things down considerably. I don't know why you see digital artifacting when playing back on TiVo and not on PC. However if you have VideoRedo you should really configure kmttg to use it since that will eliminate introduction of glitches and audio/video sync when cutting commercials out.
Thanks -
I actually am using VRD for cutting commercials, chosen based on the opinions given. The more I use this app, the more I like it! Thanks for this. I still need to view the other edited files after transferred to the Tivo to see if it was a one time situation or a regular occurrence.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #1366
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Hmmm... It'd be nice to query the To Do list and/or Season Passes when setting up Auto Transfers, similar to the "Add Selected Titles" from the Now Playing List.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #1367
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Hmmm... It'd be nice to query the To Do list and/or Season Passes when setting up Auto Transfers, similar to the "Add Selected Titles" from the Now Playing List.
I looked into it a little bit when TiVo first released that capability for Series 3 Tivos, however the web site uses SSL encryption which makes it very difficult to decipher the communication needed to obtain the data. So unless/until someone deciphers that there is not much that can be done to get hold of the data needed.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #1368
innocentfreak

One thing I was thinking about is there any way KMTTG could flag or color code shows which are already set for auto transfer when looking at the NPL?

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #1369
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
I looked into it a little bit when TiVo first released that capability for Series 3 Tivos, however the web site uses SSL encryption which makes it very difficult to decipher the communication needed to obtain the data. So unless/until someone deciphers that there is not much that can be done to get hold of the data needed.
Whoops! My bad. I was thinking that the TDL was available from the Tivo http server, similar to the NPL.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #1370
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Ok, one more thing. I'm setting up Auto Transfers (type: title) using my Tivo.com's To Do List for ease of copy/paste. When scanning my NPL, it states the only show available is 20/20, but is too old. I can see Smallville that recorded tonight in my NPL, and in my Auto Transfer list. I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why Smallville was getting passed up. Then I realized that 20/20 was getting found because there isn't an upper/lower case for numbers. I changed "Smallville" to "smallville" and Auto Transfer found the program and began downloading as expected. The bubble help in kmttg states that keyword and titles are case insensitive. I'm not entirely convinced that's true!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #1371
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Ok, one more thing. I'm setting up Auto Transfers (type: title) using my Tivo.com's To Do List for ease of copy/paste. When scanning my NPL, it states the only show available is 20/20, but is too old. I can see Smallville that recorded tonight in my NPL, and in my Auto Transfer list. I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why Smallville was getting passed up. Then I realized that 20/20 was getting found because there isn't an upper/lower case for numbers. I changed "Smallville" to "smallville" and Auto Transfer found the program and began downloading as expected. The bubble help in kmttg states that keyword and titles are case insensitive. I'm not entirely convinced that's true!

I took a quick look at the code. It appears that the autotransfer converts the titles from the NPL to lowercase and compares to what is in the transfer list. So the behavior you are seeing is correct you must type the show name in all lowercase.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #1372
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
I took a quick look at the code. It appears that the autotransfer converts the titles from the NPL to lowercase and compares to what is in the transfer list. So the behavior you are seeing is correct you must type the show name in all lowercase.
That's a bug that's fixed in next release - title is lowercased but the keyword is not. At some point keywords were supposed to be saved as lowercase only but instead of relying on that now I lowercase everything before comparing.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #1373
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Thanks guys
Old 10-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #1374
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
That's a bug that's fixed in next release - title is lowercased but the keyword is not. At some point keywords were supposed to be saved as lowercase only but instead of relying on that now I lowercase everything before comparing.
While we are in feature request mode, I'd love to be able to assign auto transfers to a particular tivo, I record some shows on both my tivohd and my series2. I'd like to tell it to always pull this particular program off of the tivhod. Maybe a drop down where you can select a particular tivo or all tivos.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #1375
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
I haven't looked at your updated code, but why not do an .equalsIgnoreCase() on the title rather then converting both strings to lower case and doing a regex match.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #1376
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Wow - what a difference an OS makes (I think). I was running kmttg and Tivo Desktop Plus on my Windows XP Media Center PC (dual core, 3GHz Pentium 4, w/512MB RAM). I installed both apps on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (dual core, 1.4GHz Pentium III, w/4GB RAM). It's like night and day. On the XP machine, EVERYTHING ground to a halt, to the point the PC speaker had to be invoked (Task Manager and Windows Explorer completely unresponsive) The funny thing was that the CPU didn't show very heavy use; maybe 17%-23% utilization. Server 2003 acts like nothing is going on. I think I found a new home for kmttg...
Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #1377
AudioNutz

Sounds like you're sufferin' from "Lack-O-Mac"...
Old 10-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #1378
spocko
TiVo HD

Quote:
Wow - what a difference an OS makes (I think). I was running kmttg and Tivo Desktop Plus on my Windows XP Media Center PC (dual core, 3GHz Pentium 4, w/512MB RAM). I installed both apps on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (dual core, 1.4GHz Pentium III, w/4GB RAM).
Umm, there is no such thing at a dual core Pentium III or dual core Pentium 4. Regardless though, I don't think the performance issue you saw was related to the OS. I run Tivo Desktop and kmttg under Win XP on a 2GHz single core Athlon XP, and both work fine on that machine.
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #1379
moyekj

512MB RAM vs 4GB RAM seems like the obvious difference to me...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #1380
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Well, I'm feeling foolish. I guess I got 2 single core processors. I figured the OS had something to do with it, dealing better with the filesystem. I guess the RAM seems obvious now, with a lot less swapping happening.