TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #1261
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
With option enabled yes it will overwrite any file that happens to have identical full path name. That's why I default option to off since it's potentially undesirable especially if using GUI mode. In GUI mode you have opportunity to manually delete files if you want kmttg to re-process them for some reason, so it's safer to leave that option off. In auto mode it can be very useful to have on since there is the added history check to prevent duplicate downloads and as I mentioned there could be partial transfer problems to contend with (and kmttg will not add entry to history file until after a fully successful download).
Hmm I tested it with overwrite checked while running in GUI mode before you replied. Mine didn't attempt to retransfer anything I have already transferred.
This is just the last few lines from the run in gui log.

Title keyword match: 'monk' found in 'monk'
(ProgramId=EP5116510118 already processed => will not download)
Title keyword match: 'dark blue' found in 'dark blue'
(ProgramId=EP011239850008 already processed => will not download)
Title keyword match: 'leverage' found in 'leverage'
(ProgramId=EP010870160021 already processed => will not download)
Title keyword match: 'warehouse 13' found in 'warehouse 13'
(ProgramId=EP011598480009 already processed => will not download)

Shouldn't it have tried to transfer them again? Does it possibly flag them differently since they were transferred previously without overwrite checked? Or am I just completely missing what you are saying?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #1262
moyekj

By GUI mode I mean non-auto transfers where you pick recordings from the Now Playing List and manually initiate processing.
Perhaps you are using the Auto Transfers-Run in GUI option? If so then that is basically mimicking what happens in normal background auto mode and so all the auto transfer rules apply.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #1263
innocentfreak

Yeah I'm sorry that is actually what I do. I always do Auto-Transfers and then Run in GUI. I thought that was what you meant when you said GUI mode forgetting about the Start Job option.

This is where I was seeing the duplicates though when they were the same episode just with different recorded dates. I took out recorded date from the file name and it works fine now. I just figured though that if the episode data/ID was the same it wouldn't transfer a second time just because a different Tivo recorded the same episode on another day.

For example I have Warehouse 13-Episode 107_Burnout(Aug 11 2009) and Warehouse 13-Episode 107_Burnout(Aug 18 2009). The file sizes are both roughly the same size. Shouldn't the episode ID have stopped the 8/18/09 version from transferring? The only thing else I can think is maybe I did a manual transfer but if so I would have deleted the first recording before starting. This wouldn't explain the other duplicates though. It doesn't happen that often just every once and a while I find a duplicate with a different recorded date.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #1264
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
For example I have Warehouse 13-Episode 107_Burnout(Aug 11 2009) and Warehouse 13-Episode 107_Burnout(Aug 18 2009). The file sizes are both roughly the same size. Shouldn't the episode ID have stopped the 8/18/09 version from transferring? The only thing else I can think is maybe I did a manual transfer but if so I would have deleted the first recording before starting. This wouldn't explain the other duplicates though. It doesn't happen that often just every once and a while I find a duplicate with a different recorded date.
The important information in the history file is the first column episode ID such as EP9248440034. I don't know if it's possible the 2 had different IDs even though the episode number shows the same, but that could be one explanation. If that's the case you should see in history file 2 different IDs with same title. Other than that a manual (Start Jobs) download of one of them may also explain it. Also perhaps a download of the second started while the first was also still downloading and thus before the history file gets updated seems like another way it could happen.
Also it's possible the history file got cleared out or you are running a different/separate kmttg in another location with its own history file.
i.e. There are a few scenarios where duplicates can happen that you may be running into.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #1265
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Is there any known issues with kmttg and atomic parsely? I posted a question about my tags being messed up when viewing in iTunes here.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb....php?p=7482781
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #1266
AudioNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
...I prefer GUI mode because it is easier for me to monitor what is transferring or if any jobs are currently active at a glance. When I had it running as a service I would tend to forget and end up suspending my PC instead of letting the job complete first.
I agree with this. I've always wanted to be able to monitor KMTTG remotely, because the machine that runs KMTTG in my household is not a machine that can be accessed directly to see the GUI.

Today, you could use SSH
Code:
ssh admin@192.168.1.40
to link to the machine, and then use a TAIL -f
Code:
tail -f /Applications/kmttg/auto.log
command to see the last few lines of the autotransfers log file. You can do this with very little effort.

What I also do... Since I'm using Macintosh platforms for all of my computers, is I use a few other commands to observe the following tools:
AtomicParsley
ffmpeg
mencoder
tivodecode

I have a script that gets the status of these tools every two seconds, and it writes the status of these to another log file that I keep in the KMTTG directory. I can watch this log with the SSH and TAIL command as well.
Code:
tail -f /Applications/kmttg/status.log
In addition to that, the same script writes the same status information to an HTML file that is served by the Apache web server on the same machine, so I can see status from my iPhone wherever I am.

As a feature request, it would be nice if KMTTG did some extra logging like I mention above, with the additional option of dropping that same log into a HTML file somewhere...
Old 09-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #1267
rjctivo

Quote:
You need to edit your pyTivo.conf file and add tivo_username & tivo_password corresponding to your tivo.com login and password in the [Server] section:
[Server]
tivo_username = username
tivo_password = password

(Obviously replace username & password with what they actually are)
(For these settings I find it easier to edit pyTivo.conf file directly rather than using web GUI)

You should then test that push is working on pyTivo side by starting pyTivo and then in browser connect to pyTivo server:

Under Video Shares click on the relevant video section (kmttg in my example)
Find the relevant test video you want to push, select Tivo to push to and click on the Send To Tivo button.

Once you have pyTivo side working it sounds like you have the kmttg side all setup so should have no issues.
Just started trying to use PyTivo and I'm trying to push back a show to the tivo but after putting in my tivo username and password in the [Server Section] as instructed I now get:

list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 351, in Push
mime = mime)
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\mind.py", line 46, in pushVideo
pc_body_id = self.__pcBodySearch()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

I did a search for the error but I did not find anything on it.

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help.
rjctivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #1268
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjctivo View Post
Just started trying to use PyTivo and I'm trying to push back a show to the tivo but after putting in my tivo username and password in the [Server Section] as instructed I now get:

list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video\video.py", line 351, in Push
mime = mime)
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo\mind.py", line 46, in pushVideo
pc_body_id = self.__pcBodySearch()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

I did a search for the error but I did not find anything on it.

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help.
Probably best to post this problem in pyTivo thread. The problem is that pcBodySearch() is an empty array that is trying to be accessed. That most likely is because login to Tivo mind server is failing. Make sure your login and password are correct. If your login name contains '@' character in pyTivo.conf file, try replacing it with %40 instead. I'm sure wmcbrine can help you more if you continue to have issues and post in pyTivo thread.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #1269
SouthPaw42

Hi moyekj,
A GUI programming tip don't use colors for identifying information without backing up with other colorless way. Color blind people are much more common than you think. Adding a column stating the recording status would be helpful (I.E. Blocked, Copied, Transferring, Recording). This column would also be quite helpful for sorting.

Additionally I had some problems installing kmttg in windows 7 Gold. I had to unblock the applications when I placed them in Program files Dir and manually create config.ini because kmttg.jar didn't have permission to create files in Program files Dir.

PS any chance you might be adding folder view like in TiVoPlayList would help filtering the Tivo Suggestions from the list.
SouthPaw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:34 AM   #1270
Hcour

Hi. I installed the program in a folder I didn't intend. I'd like to uninstall it and reinstall, but I don't see instructions how to uninstall and it doesn't show in my Control Panel "Uninstall Programs" window. Thanks.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #1271
Icarus

Just delete the folder where you accidentally "installed" it to, and then unpack it to where you want it. There's no installer and it doesn't need one.

You didn't actually "install" it. You just unpacked it to whatever directory you chose for it.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #1272
jbernardis

Is there some way to refresh the IP addresses with kmttg. My router acts as a DHCP server on my network, so it's not unusual for IP addresses to change. kmttg today could not download the NPL from my Family Room TiVo because it had the wrong IP address. I tried everything I could find to refresh the IP addresses, but I finally had to manually delete the TiVo from the configuration, and then put it back in specifying its correct IP address. After this, everything worked OK, but it would be nice to either have this happen automatically ir at least have a "refresh IP addresses" button.
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #1273
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
Is there some way to refresh the IP addresses with kmttg. My router acts as a DHCP server on my network, so it's not unusual for IP addresses to change. kmttg today could not download the NPL from my Family Room TiVo because it had the wrong IP address. I tried everything I could find to refresh the IP addresses, but I finally had to manually delete the TiVo from the configuration, and then put it back in specifying its correct IP address. After this, everything worked OK, but it would be nice to either have this happen automatically ir at least have a "refresh IP addresses" button.
Yes it could be better and I'll work on it. Right now kmttg will check only the Tivo name against existing list of names when using Bonjour to discover Tivos so if IP assignment changes then you have to do as you say - remove from list and let discovery happen again. The proper way would be to check both name & IP to see if they match up and update IP if necessary.

In my case for my router I have static DHCP setup such that specific Mac IDs on network will always get the same IP (much like Cable ISPs do for WAN side IP assignments) so I never have to worry about changing IP addresses. So dynamically changing IP has never been an issue for me.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #1274
moyekj

jbernardis, I filed a ticket on this issue and a beta version with (hopefully) a fix to your issue is now available for you to try. Please visit the following for details:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/issues/detail?id=45

Old 09-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #1275
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
Is there any known issues with kmttg and atomic parsely? I posted a question about my tags being messed up when viewing in iTunes here.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb....php?p=7482781
since this is really annoying me, I decided to hack the source code and swap the two input parameters even though I think it is more of an issue with Atomic Parsely then kmttg.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #1276
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
since this is really annoying me, I decided to hack the source code and swap the two input parameters even though I think it is more of an issue with Atomic Parsely then kmttg.
Interesting that Atomic Parsley apparently has those 2 swapped. Email or PM me the updated source file if you wish so I can integrate into next kmttg release for the benefit of others.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #1277
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Interesting that Atomic Parsley apparently has those 2 swapped. Email or PM me the updated source file if you wish so I can integrate into next kmttg release for the benefit of others.
I noticed the same behavior with iTivo, but since I am a java person kmttg was much easier to "fix"
Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #1278
jbernardis

Quote:
jbernardis, I filed a ticket on this issue and a beta version with (hopefully) a fix to your issue is now available for you to try. Please visit the following for details:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/issues/detail?id=45
Thank you - I'll download it and give it a try

Old 09-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #1279
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
Thank you - I'll download it and give it a try
I just tested it by manually inserting wrong IP for 1 of my Tivos and checking that kmttg corrected it automatically with Look for Tivos on network enabled and that seems to work fine.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #1280
jbernardis

I also tested it last evening, and it appears to be working now - thanks for the quick fix!!

Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #1281
mchief
Morey

I have not been able to get kmttg.jar (6k) to run on my VistaHP SP2. Java 6.16 is installed, but when I double click the .jar file I get a flash of a command window and nothing.

I am running a dual boot with Windows7 RC with kmttg installed and that runs fine.

Not sure what is going on. Looking for a .log file that might help explain the error.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #1282
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief View Post
I have not been able to get kmttg.jar (6k) to run on my VistaHP SP2. Java 6.16 is installed, but when I double click the .jar file I get a flash of a command window and nothing.

I am running a dual boot with Windows7 RC with kmttg installed and that runs fine.

Not sure what is going on. Looking for a .log file that might help explain the error.
Bring up a "cmd" window and execute the following:
java -jar "<path>\kmttg.jar"
(replace <path> with the full path to your kmttg installation directory)
That way you can see any error messages that result.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #1283
mchief
Morey

Quote:
Bring up a "cmd" window and execute the following:
java -jar "<path>\kmttg.jar"
(replace <path> with the full path to your kmttg installation directory)
That way you can see any error messages that result.
Had problem executing from the directory where kmttg was installed. Moved it to C:\temp and a firewall block came up, unblocked and all is well. Thanks.

Edit: Wrong, only runs from the command prompt. When I execute the .jar file from C:\temp I am back to the flash command window and nothing.

Last edited by mchief : 09-11-2009 at 12:14 PM.
mchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #1284
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief View Post
Had problem executing from the directory where kmttg was installed. Moved it to C:\temp and a firewall block came up, unblocked and all is well. Thanks.

Edit: Wrong, only runs from the command prompt. When I execute the .jar file from C:\temp I am back to the flash command window and nothing.
Most likely your windows installation is missing or has wrong file association for .jar files. It should be setup to execute javaw.exe when double-clicking on .jar files. You should either try removing and re-installing Java Runtime Environment (JRE) so that it can fix the association or fix it yourself.
As an example on a Windows XP installation my association has .jar files set to run the following:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #1285
mchief
Morey

I had an two directories under the jre6 directory. Apparently .jar was trying to execute from the wrong older version directory. Once I deleted the older directory, working fine. Thanks again.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #1286
robbroy

UI won't open

Today when I ran kmttg, nothing happened. When I opened auto.log, here is what I found.

Quote:
2009_09_11_08:20:55 >> Getting Now Playing List from DVR 3991 ...
2009_09_11_08:20:55 "C:\Program Files\TiVo\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie1952726986172516696 .tmp --url https://192.168.1.4/TiVoConnect?Comm...AnchorOffset=0 --output C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\NPL1202120406448436695.tm p
2009_09_11_08:20:55 ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.gui.readSettings(gui.java:1191)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.gui.getJFrame(gui.java:97)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.kmttg$2.run(kmttg.java:54)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

2009_09_11_08:21:10 NOTE: NPL job completed: 00:00:15
2009_09_11_08:21:10 ---DONE---
2009_09_11_08:21:11 >> Getting Now Playing List from DVR 3991 ...
2009_09_11_08:21:11 "C:\Program Files\TiVo\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie1952726986172516696 .tmp --url https://192.168.1.4/TiVoConnect?Comm...chorOffset=128 --output C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\NPL1202120406448436695.tm p
2009_09_11_08:21:24 NOTE: NPL job completed: 00:00:28
2009_09_11_08:21:24 ---DONE---
2009_09_11_08:21:24 >> Getting Now Playing List from DVR 3991 ...
2009_09_11_08:21:24 "C:\Program Files\TiVo\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie1952726986172516696 .tmp --url https://192.168.1.4/TiVoConnect?Comm...chorOffset=256 --output C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\NPL1202120406448436695.tm p
2009_09_11_08:21:38 NOTE: NPL job completed: 00:00:42
2009_09_11_08:21:38 ---DONE---
2009_09_11_08:21:38 >> Getting Now Playing List from DVR 3991 ...
2009_09_11_08:21:38 "C:\Program Files\TiVo\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie1952726986172516696 .tmp --url https://192.168.1.4/TiVoConnect?Comm...chorOffset=384 --output C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\NPL1202120406448436695.tm p
2009_09_11_08:21:51 NOTE: NPL job completed: 00:00:56
2009_09_11_08:21:51 ---DONE---
2009_09_11_08:21:51 >> Getting Now Playing List from DVR 3991 ...
2009_09_11_08:21:51 "C:\Program Files\TiVo\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie1952726986172516696 .tmp --url https://192.168.1.4/TiVoConnect?Comm...chorOffset=512 --output C:\DOCUME~1\reserved\LOCALS~1\Temp\NPL1202120406448436695.tm p
2009_09_11_08:21:53 NOTE: NPL job completed: 00:00:58
2009_09_11_08:21:53 ---DONE---
2009_09_11_08:21:53 ERROR: No auto keywords setup
"ERROR: No auto keywords setup" repeats a few hundred times and stops.

I am not sure what happened. I tried setting up the program in another directory and got no response.

And tivo desktop works fine.

Please help.
robbroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #1287
moyekj

Are you out of disk space by any chance? Sounds like one or more kmttg files with saved settings may have got corrupted. General/main settings are in config.ini which lives in same directory as kmttg.jar. The auto downloads config is saved to auto.ini file also in that same directory. Finally there is also a .kmttg_settings file which saves GUI related settings which goes under your Users directory (search for it in windows to find it since it varies depending on what windows installation you are using). If you rename all 3 of those files then that's like starting kmttg from scratch and you should have no problems doing that.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #1288
robbroy

Thanks! No space problem. When I renamed the .kmttg_settings file the program launched without a hitch.
robbroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #1289
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

not working %100, I transfered some programs overnight and the tags came out messed up, will need to look into it further.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kmttg-fix.zip (5.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by ellinj : 09-12-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #1290
jsjames

Great tool,

But I have not seen a commercial cutting software that matches ShowAnalyzer, have you thought of having a way to utilize it? It works a lot better than VR and is 100% accurate so far. Although It creates a VideoReDo file.

Or maybe I can use it and provide a link to the program to cut commercials?
jsjames is offline   Reply With Quote