TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #991
LordXerxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
v0p6h just released should fix kmttg Tivo detection problem with your network printer.
I changed my screen saver to power off screen after 1 minute while a kmttg download was happening and after reviving the screen the download was still continuing. Can you determine which task specifically it pauses on? Is it any/all of them or some specific task?
So I have been trying to tweak some of my power management settings, but it seems like after about 20 minutes encode/decrypt and download processes just pause. As soon as I "wake up" my idle machine, the jobs just start up again. I am using the High Performance profile. I have turned off Hard Drive sleep, and I have even tried to change some of the "hidden" settings for AC power. So far, nothing seems to have worked.

Lord Xerxes
LordXerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #992
Icarus

It has to be something with your setup, though I did have a similar problem until I adjusted the default PM settings.

I'm running 64 bit vista home premium, and after I adjusted a bunch of the PM settings (when plugged in, high performance profile), it keeps running. You did set it to never sleep when plugged in, right?

The only other thing I can think is that you have some system or other task that runs at high priority kick in when the display turns off. So you can also try setting the turn off display when plugged in to never, and see if it makes a difference. Vista does like to do stuff like that, but those tasks should not be running at high priority. (indexing, defrag, etc, tend to run when vista thinks you aren't using the system.)

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 06-29-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #993
LordXerxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
It has to be something with your setup, though I did have a similar problem until I adjusted the default PM settings.

I'm running 64 bit vista home premium, and after I adjusted a bunch of the PM settings (when plugged in, high performance profile), it keeps running. You did set it to never sleep when plugged in, right?

The only other thing I can think is that you have some system or other task that runs at high priority kick in when the display turns off. So you can also try setting the turn off display when plugged in to never, and see if it makes a difference. Vista does like to do stuff like that, but those tasks should not be running at high priority. (indexing, defrag, etc, tend to run when vista thinks you aren't using the system.)

-David
Hi David,

I have never configured any of the settings since I installed the system. I keep this system on 24/7, so the only setting I ever made sure was active was turning off the display. I am certain that the machine never goes to sleep, standby, or hibernate.

I have had other applications continue just fine (or so it seemed, I haven't checked them since I disabled them for this process) when the machine is "idle". I suppose I could just switch to my XP machine and not have to worry about it.

Lord Xerxes
Old 06-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #994
Icarus

Well, the default PM settings don't work for kmttg, because they will turn off the disk after a period of keyboard inactivity. You already noticed that one.

I'm pretty sure that the default for vista's PM profiles, even the max performance one when plugged in, is to put the machine to sleep after some period of keyboard inactivity. You want "never" there, when plugged in. I had to change it.

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 06-29-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #995
LordXerxes

I just tried disabling the ASUS ACPI Center which, from what I have been reading online, can cause problems for some people. When I wake up in the morning I'll check to see what progress (if any) has been made.

Lord Xerxes
Old 06-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #996
spocko
TiVo HD

Quote:
4.5 GB transferred in 70 mins => 8.57 Mbps (3.86 GB/hour)
Yep, that seems normal. Transfers from my Tivo HD via wireless are usually in the 8.5 - 9.5 Mbps range according to kmttg.
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #997
moyekj

v0p6i bug fix release

v0p6i (07/01/2009)
==================

FIXES
* Bug fix to avoid null exception when clicking on OK in configuration dialog when Tivo detection option is disabled.

(Thanks to AudioNutz for reporting this one).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #998
smithcferg

Great program

You've done a good job on this program, moyekj!

Specs/Environment: Using v0p6h. I have a "Creative Zen" 4 gb mp3/mp4 player. Windows Seven 64, dual core AMD. The progam works well works well.

I. Working Zen profile
I was not able to get the ff_zen profile included to transcode properly for this player, using a sd TIVO source file. One error was "Video Format not supported". This is corroborated by jangelj in this post:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=347678.

I have come up with this profile:
MENCODER INPUT -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -srate 48000 -af channels=2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts threads=2:bitrate=500 -ofps 24000/1001 -vf scale=320:-2,crop=320:240 -o OUTPUT

So far it works great with no audio/video sync problems or seek problems (both of which can happen on the Zen), and the picture has correct aspect ratio. Tested with 1/2 hour SD and 1 hour HD files. On HD, set to crop top and bottom, it may be better to change it to crop the sides, but it is satisfactory the way it is.

II. Profile for hard subs needs variable
Ultimately I am trying to come up with a profile that will create hard subs in video that will work on the Zen. My wife is deaf, and this player does not support soft subs. (This is why I chose Mencoder for transcode.)

This works to create hardsubbed video:
MENCODER INPUT -sub "<path><subtitle.srt>" -subcc -subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-blur 2 -subfont-outline 2 -subfont C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\ARIAL\ARIALBD.TTF -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -srate 48000 -af channels=2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts threads=2:bitrate=500 -ofps 24000/1001 -vf scale=320:-2,crop=320:240 -o OUTPUT
with the following caveats:
1) I have to hardcode the .srt file into the profile (which really limits it's usefulness, grin) [srtFile] variable didn't work. Can you make a full path\filename variable available for the .srt in the profile? Without this, this profile won't work.

I have used the -sub-fuzziness variable to try to have mencoder automatically load the subtitles. It fails, I think because it doesn't know which directory the file is stored in.
2) I have hardcoded in the bold arial font on my computer: -subfont C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\ARIAL\ARIALBD.TTF Anybody know of a way to point to a sub font which would be non-specific to any one computer, so the profile would work for everyone?

I understand there are other reasons why hard coding of subs can be useful to many - other players like mine that don't support soft subs, or preparing a file for streaming through streambaby, which doesn't support closed captions, I believe.

III. t2extract variables
Can you make a way where I can use the configurable args of t2extract? This would be helpful. For example, be able to make .sami/.srt/both .sami and .srt - also cutoff duration, bias ( which I currently need) etc.

I tried unchecking t2extract, and instead including it in my profile with command line arguments which I needed. This failed, as your program cleverly skipped right to the Mencoder line.

I think you have done a great job. I admire the clarity that I see in the interface design, and how well it works. I hope to be able to one day have a point and click system that will allow my wife to enjoy captioned video.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Craig

PS A great program like this deserves its own forum!
smithcferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #999
ACraigL

I've been tracking this thread for a while -- and since I'm unhappy with the ipod resolution that comes with TiVo Desktop, finally gave it a ride. I have to say I am enormously impressed with this application... really great. Thank you for your efforts here.

I've been throught the wiki and pretty much get everything, including creating profiles. What I'm not clear on is how to add additional metadata via Atomic Parsley. I'm getting most of what I need, but if I want to include genre and year, for example, is there a way to configure that? It seems that all the data is in the text file...

Also, how do you use the audio boost in conjuction with other profiles?

Thanks again!
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550

Last edited by ACraigL : 07-01-2009 at 10:16 AM.
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #1000
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
I've been throught the wiki and pretty much get everything, including creating profiles. What I'm not clear on is how to add additional metadata via Atomic Parsley. I'm getting most of what I need, but if I want to include genre and year, for example, is there a way to configure that? It seems that all the data is in the text file...
There is not an explicit task in the GUI for adding the data, however it does happen automatically under the following circumstances:
You have "metadata" and "encode" tasks configured as part of the job set with encoding profile that outputs mp4 or m4v.
The "metadata" step then creates file.mp4.txt or file.m4v.txt file.
Following a successful "encode" step kmttg will then launch an "atomic" job which reads data from that .txt file and uses AtomicParsley to add data to the .mp4 or .m4v file.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #1001
moyekj

I. Noted. Will add that profile to existing set.

II. I'll look into allowing [srtFile] and some of the other filenames inside encoding profiles.
NOTE: streambaby does support closed captions from SRT files - if you have file.srt file accompanying your file.whatever video file it will automatically add captions while streaming. There are options for controlling font size as well. (I worked on the initial implementation of closed captioning support in streambaby and it turned out it actually works fairly well).

III. I can add an option for additional arguments to t2extract.

Please file an issue request citing this thread which is useful for tracking the issues and for me to get you development versions of kmttg to try out the enhancements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithcferg View Post
You've done a good job on this program, moyekj!

Specs/Environment: Using v0p6h. I have a "Creative Zen" 4 gb mp3/mp4 player. Windows Seven 64, dual core AMD. The progam works well works well.

I. Working Zen profile
I was not able to get the ff_zen profile included to transcode properly for this player, using a sd TIVO source file. One error was "Video Format not supported". This is corroborated by jangelj in this post:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=347678.

I have come up with this profile:
MENCODER INPUT -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -srate 48000 -af channels=2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts threads=2:bitrate=500 -ofps 24000/1001 -vf scale=320:-2,crop=320:240 -o OUTPUT

So far it works great with no audio/video sync problems or seek problems (both of which can happen on the Zen), and the picture has correct aspect ratio. Tested with 1/2 hour SD and 1 hour HD files. On HD, set to crop top and bottom, it may be better to change it to crop the sides, but it is satisfactory the way it is.

II. Profile for hard subs needs variable
Ultimately I am trying to come up with a profile that will create hard subs in video that will work on the Zen. My wife is deaf, and this player does not support soft subs. (This is why I chose Mencoder for transcode.)

This works to create hardsubbed video:
MENCODER INPUT -sub "<path><subtitle.srt>" -subcc -subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-blur 2 -subfont-outline 2 -subfont C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\ARIAL\ARIALBD.TTF -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -srate 48000 -af channels=2 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts threads=2:bitrate=500 -ofps 24000/1001 -vf scale=320:-2,crop=320:240 -o OUTPUT
with the following caveats:
1) I have to hardcode the .srt file into the profile (which really limits it's usefulness, grin) [srtFile] variable didn't work. Can you make a full path\filename variable available for the .srt in the profile? Without this, this profile won't work.

I have used the -sub-fuzziness variable to try to have mencoder automatically load the subtitles. It fails, I think because it doesn't know which directory the file is stored in.
2) I have hardcoded in the bold arial font on my computer: -subfont C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\ARIAL\ARIALBD.TTF Anybody know of a way to point to a sub font which would be non-specific to any one computer, so the profile would work for everyone?

I understand there are other reasons why hard coding of subs can be useful to many - other players like mine that don't support soft subs, or preparing a file for streaming through streambaby, which doesn't support closed captions, I believe.

III. t2extract variables
Can you make a way where I can use the configurable args of t2extract? This would be helpful. For example, be able to make .sami/.srt/both .sami and .srt - also cutoff duration, bias ( which I currently need) etc.

I tried unchecking t2extract, and instead including it in my profile with command line arguments which I needed. This failed, as your program cleverly skipped right to the Mencoder line.

I think you have done a great job. I admire the clarity that I see in the interface design, and how well it works. I hope to be able to one day have a point and click system that will allow my wife to enjoy captioned video.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Craig

PS A great program like this deserves its own forum!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #1002
ACraigL

Quote:
There is not an explicit task in the GUI for adding the data, however it does happen automatically under the following circumstances:
You have "metadata" and "encode" tasks configured as part of the job set with encoding profile that outputs mp4 or m4v.
The "metadata" step then creates file.mp4.txt or file.m4v.txt file.
Following a successful "encode" step kmttg will then launch an "atomic" job which reads data from that .txt file and uses AtomicParsley to add data to the .mp4 or .m4v file.
Thanks -- I have that going now. I was just wondering if there was a way to add fields that are not currently going in (like genre and year, for example).

I added something late to the thread -- what's the recommended way to boost audio with your program? A 1.4 setting in TiVoDeskop seem to work best for me.

EDIT: Nevermind -- found it in the thread. Will try to use -D 2.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #1003
Icarus

Quote:
Thanks -- I have that going now. I was just wondering if there was a way to add fields that are not currently going in (like genre and year, for example).
You can add whatever you want with AtomicParsley. Just run it in a command tool with -help and -longhelp to see the arguments. Play with it, you'll figure it out. You can just copy the .exe to wherever you want to run it. Then, if you can figure it out, you can add whatever fields you want to the text file that kmttg creates and those tags will be added as part of the process.

The process that gets the metadata from tivo doesn't get everything, so if you importing into itunes, some fields are missing, like the year, and tivo does episode numbers and titles differently than itunes does.

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 07-01-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #1004
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
You can add whatever you want with AtomicParsley. Just run it in a command tool with -help and -longhelp to see the arguments. Play with it, you'll figure it out. You can just copy the .exe to wherever you want to run it. Then, if you can figure it out, you can add whatever fields you want to the text file that kmttg creates and those tags will be added as part of the process.........
Here is a simple two-step process that should work:
1. Use metagenerator to get the metadata into a pyTiVo style metadata (simple text) file.
2. Use pyTiVoParsley to put the metadata in the .mp4 or .m4v file. (It uses AtomicParsley but you don't have to master the details.)

This is a manual process. Not as good as having kmttg add all the desired tags automatically -- if there is a way to do that (?).

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #1005
moyekj

Quote:
These are all the AtomicParsley options that are looked at to be filled right now in kmttg:
-S --title --grouping --year --description -H --TVEpisode --TVEpisodeNum --TVSeason --TVNetwork
Obvious caveat is that not all the data is always available. There is more data available if you start from shows directly from your Tivos rather than .TiVo files which contain less metadata.

NOTE: There probably is plenty of room for improvement. Since I don't use iTunes myself I depend on feedback/suggestions from people that do to get it working properly. Right now, for example the TVSeason and TVEpisodeNum are derived from 3 or 4 digit Tivo episode number if it exists. While that is OK for a lot of shows it probably is not universally correct.

Last edited by moyekj : 07-01-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #1006
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
if there is a way to do that (?).
Yes Don't you recall how you created pyTivoParsley.exe?

-David
Old 07-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #1007
ACraigL

Quote:
These are all the AtomicParsley options that are looked at to be filled right now in kmttg:
-S --title --grouping --year --description -H --TVEpisode --TVEpisodeNum --TVSeason --TVNetwork
Obvious caveat is that not all the data is always available. There is more data available if you start from shows directly from your Tivos rather than .TiVo files which contain less metadata.

NOTE: There probably is plenty of room for improvement. Since I don't use iTunes myself I depend on feedback/suggestions from people that do to get it working properly. Right now, for example the TVSeason and TVEpisodeNum are derived from 3 or 4 digit Tivo episode number if it exists. While that is OK for a lot of shows it probably is not universally correct.
Good info. Thanks.

Is AP called from code, or is there an external command somewhere that I can modify? I was not sure how to get to the call... maybe we can start there. If it's hard coded, perhaps a future config file can determine what gets inserted.

FWIW, what's going in there now is pretty good -- description is key for me since I put many movies on my iPod and it's the best way for me to decide what to watch -- genre helps me too, hence the request.

I orginally learned a lot on AP when doing Vista Media Center conversion automation. My source was http://onlydarksets.com/2009/01/02/c...ne-version-20/

See step 10 for incorporating AP. Ultimately, this is what I'm looking for, and what I have now from recordings on my Media Center (which I use for network HD broadcasts -- I'm using an older Series2 for recording movies for my iPod).
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 07-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #1008
moyekj

It's all done in code. You can browse the relevant code using this link
The atomicGetArgs procedure starting line 146 is what parses the metadata text file and builds the AP command line arguments.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #1009
AudioNutz

Quote:
v0p6i (07/01/2009)
==================

FIXES
* Bug fix to avoid null exception when clicking on OK in configuration dialog when Tivo detection option is disabled.

(Thanks to AudioNutz for reporting this one).
Was the issue Mac only, or was it apparent on the PeeeCeee platform as well?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #1010
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
It was a general silly little bug affecting all platforms. Problem only happened if you start kmttg with "Look for Tivos on network" option disabled. I suspect most people don't turn that option off in which case they would not have a problem.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #1011
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Yes Don't you recall how you created pyTivoParsley.exe?

-David
Probably not ... remember I am the cranky old novice. What I meant was an easy way for users to control tags that are added (without modifying the kmttg code, e.g., via a configuration file).

metaGenerator will give you a full complement of metaData obtained independently via web databases.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #1012
moyekj

You can always use the "custom" task to run whatever script/program what you want, including AtomicParsley if you wish. That would be one way to setup a completely custom/automated AtomicParsley task.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #1013
LordXerxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
I wonder if this was the issue that I had here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXerxes View Post
Original Post
Lord Xerxes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #1014
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXerxes View Post
I wonder if this was the issue that I had here:
Post 982 I think is what you intended to point to. And yes, looks like same issue which is fixed in latest release.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #1015
LordXerxes

Incidentally, I am still having my Power Management (?) issue where all tasks pause when my machine is idle. I am at a complete loss at this point. I have tweaked just about all the power management settings that I can find that might cause the machine to stay on, but pause the kmttg processes. Some of the other applications that run on my machine (Seti@Home, Folding@Home, etc.) still download and process.

Lord Xerxes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #1016
moyekj

That's a strange one I can't reproduce. Well I suppose you could just turn off screen saver and turn off the monitor instead after kicking off the jobs, or setup auto transfers and run as a service.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #1017
LordXerxes

Quote:
That's a strange one I can't reproduce. Well I suppose you could just turn off screen saver and turn off the monitor instead after kicking off the jobs, or setup auto transfers and run as a service.
I don't think that the display settings have anything to do with it. I originally thought it had to do with "Away Mode" in Vista's Power Management, but I am pretty sure that I turned off this setting using Powercfg.exe.

Lord Xerxes
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #1018
Icarus

You are running both seti@home and f@h? Are they both setup as low priority tasks?

Try disabling both of them and see if it makes a difference. In theory, they should only be running at low priority, but you should eliminate them as a source of the problem.

Most people run one of them or the other. It's usually not productive to run both at the same time since both of them will use all the available cpu power they can get.

I run f@h, but not on the machine that does tivo processing. Depending on how you have f@h setup, it should be fine though. The default is that f@h runs just above idle priority so will only consume cpu cycles when nothing else is running. I think there's a setting for it in client.cfg. If you changed it from it's default setting, that might be a problem. I don't use the screen saver version either, and if you are using the screen saver versions of these programs, that might explain what's going on.

-David

Last edited by Icarus : 07-01-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #1019
LordXerxes

Quote:
You are running both seti@home and f@h? Are they both setup as low priority tasks?

Try disabling both of them and see if it makes a difference. In theory, they should be only running at low priority, but you should eliminate them as a source of the problem.

Most people run one of them or the other. It's usually not productive to run both at the same time.

-David
Actually, Seti@Home is running via CPU and Folding@Home is running via GPU. But when I have been processing with kmttg I have had both disabled. It looks like both processes are running at Normal Priority, and I don't use either as a screen saver.

Lord Xerxes
Old 07-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #1020
jbrown13

Angry Can't make KMTTG work

My TiVo desktop just stopped transferring files from my Series 2 DVR to my PC (see http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=428894), and searching around I found reference to KMTTG. I installed it, but can't get it to run. I keep getting the following error:

<h2>Server Busy</h2>
Download failed to file: C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Brown\My Documents\Downloads\kmttg_v0p6i\Prairie Fever (07_01_2009).TiVo
Exit Code: 0
% Total %Received %Xfered Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 31 0 31 0 0 165 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 165
0 31 0 31 0 0 165 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 51 0 51 0 0 155 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 155
Warning: Transient Problem: HTTP error Will retry in 1 seconds. 3 reties.
Warning: Left.
Throwing Away 51 bytes

0 51 0 51 0 0 296 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 296
0 51 0 51 0 0 296 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
Warning: Transient Problem: HTTP error Will retry in 2 seconds. 2 reties.
Throwing Away 51 bytes

0 51 0 51 0 0 362 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 296
0 51 0 51 0 0 362 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
Warning: Transient Problem: HTTP error Will retry in 4 seconds. 1 reties.
Throwing Away 51 bytes

0 51 0 51 0 0 362 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 362
0 51 0 51 0 0 362 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0

Then it attempts to run the decoder, but it can't find the file and gives me another error.

I'm totally lost as to how to make this work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do own VideoReDo, which is installed on my machine.

Thanks.
jbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote