TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #7021
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I was thinking a long while about a shortcut for going in and out of a folder on KMTTG. Is there or could you add in the Unshifted < (comma) and >(period) for out and in respectfully. It may seem like the lazy way to navigate the NPL, but it can work quicker instead of having to always click that back button.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #7022
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
... pushing mp4 files with bogus data in the tags, the tivo ignores what pytivo sets and uses what is in the file.
Really? Interesting...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #7023
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
OK, added --title based on title pyTivo metadata field. You can try out kmttg.jar from this zip file if you wish:
kmttg_v1.1c_beta1.zip
Thanks!

It works. I do see a new anomaly though. Now the title is displayed twice in the NPL. Or should I say, repeated twice on one entry:

Legend of the Lost - Legend of the Lost

I can live with this much better than the gibberish that was in the file showing up but if you know why its getting formatted this way, would love to know. Perhaps a pytivo setting sending two meta data fields for the title?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #7024
cherry ghost

which tags?

you could remove all tags with

--metaEnema
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #7025
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Really? Interesting...
Or is it that pytivo is reading the mp4 tags and ignoring the metadata txt file? or something completely different?

Old 07-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #7026
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

pyTivo does read the tags, but metadata in a .txt file takes precedence over everything else, except .TiVo metadata.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #7027
moyekj

jcthorne, how are you transferring these to the TiVo? Are you using push? I could see the push using the metadata, but a pull with ts=on would probably result in only pyTivo metadata file being used (it would be remuxed to ts container during pull presumably losing the mp4 container metadata) and hence more desirable.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #7028
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
which tags?

you could remove all tags with

--metaEnema
Not sure which tags are being concantated as kmttg is writing the :title data so several places. Its also still in the metadata txt file for pytivo to read so no idea which two pieces of data are being strung together to cause the duplicate. But its only in the txt file once under title :

Old 07-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #7029
cherry ghost

Quote:
Thanks!

It works. I do see a new anomaly though. Now the title is displayed twice in the NPL. Or should I say, repeated twice on one entry:

Legend of the Lost - Legend of the Lost

I can live with this much better than the gibberish that was in the file showing up but if you know why its getting formatted this way, would love to know. Perhaps a pytivo setting sending two meta data fields for the title?
can you post the metadata file?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #7030
jcthorne

Quote:
jcthorne, how are you transferring these to the TiVo? Are you doing a pull with ts=on set in pyTivo?
No using kmttg to push via pytivo after running atomic parsley on the file, also within kmttg. I very rarely pull video.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #7031
jcthorne

Quote:
can you post the metadata file?

Code:
title : Legend of the Lost
movieYear : 1957
description : John Wayne stars in this epic Western famed for its stunning cinematography. Wayne is Joe January, a hard-drinking, hard-living guide hired to find his employer's (Rossano Brazzi) father and a legendary, long-lost treasure. The two men set out into the isolated wasteland of the North African desert accompanied by Dita (Sophia Loren), a sultry prostitute who drives the men crazy and comes between them even as they battle for survival. 
isEpisode : false
seriesId : Movies
starRating : x5
mpaaRating : N8
vProgramGenre : Action & Adventure
vProgramGenre : Classic Westerns
vPrimaryGenre : Action & Adventure
vPrimaryGenre : Westerns
vDirector : Hathaway|Henry
vActor : Wayne|John
vActor : Loren|Sophia
vActor : Brazzi|Rossano
vActor : Kasznar|Kurt
vActor : Moser|Sonia
vActor : Portaluri|Angela
vActor : Hadish|Ibrahim El
callsign : Thornoli's
image : Legend of the Lost 1957.mp4.jpg

Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #7032
cherry ghost

Quote:
Code:
title : Legend of the Lost
movieYear : 1957
description : John Wayne stars in this epic Western famed for its stunning cinematography. Wayne is Joe January, a hard-drinking, hard-living guide hired to find his employer's (Rossano Brazzi) father and a legendary, long-lost treasure. The two men set out into the isolated wasteland of the North African desert accompanied by Dita (Sophia Loren), a sultry prostitute who drives the men crazy and comes between them even as they battle for survival. 
isEpisode : false
seriesId : Movies
starRating : x5
mpaaRating : N8
vProgramGenre : Action & Adventure
vProgramGenre : Classic Westerns
vPrimaryGenre : Action & Adventure
vPrimaryGenre : Westerns
vDirector : Hathaway|Henry
vActor : Wayne|John
vActor : Loren|Sophia
vActor : Brazzi|Rossano
vActor : Kasznar|Kurt
vActor : Moser|Sonia
vActor : Portaluri|Angela
vActor : Hadish|Ibrahim El
callsign : Thornoli's
image : Legend of the Lost 1957.mp4.jpg
see if adding

programId : MV002833730000

to the metadata file changes anything
Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #7033
jcthorne

Looks like kmttg is telling atomicparsley to set TVShowName also to the title even though this is not a tv show.

I do have pytivo set to concantate tvseries and episode name for the title. Perhaps this combination is what is causing this?

If so, can kmttg NOT set TVShowName to if its a movie?

Old 07-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #7034
jcthorne

Quote:
see if adding

programId : MV002833730000

to the metadata file changes anything
No change

Old 07-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #7035
cherry ghost

I think you should erase all tags with --metaEnema and then either rerun Atomicparsley or not use it at all, especially since you don't use iTunes, which is what Atomicparsley is really for.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #7036
jcthorne

Quote:
I think you should erase all tags with --metaEnema and then either rerun Atomicparsley or not use it at all, especially since you don't use iTunes, which is what Atomicparsley is really for.
I'd actually be fine with that answer too if it were an option in kmttg. Really dont want to add an additional command line step to processing each vid for pushing to tivo. Besides, there is a side benefit to having the correct tags in the mp4 file, iTunes is not the only program that uses them. My WDTVlive does too and we use that in our motorhome since a tivo will not work without a live network connection. We also have a few friends with the WDTV device that use my files once in a while.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #7037
moyekj

You can stop kmttg from running AtomicParsley by renaming the folder in kmttg installation to something else such that it can't find the program.
I've changed atomic code to only set TVShowName for episodic shows (which probably will generate some complaints from iTunes users eventually).

Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #7038
jcthorne

Quote:
You can stop kmttg from running AtomicParsley by renaming the folder in kmttg installation to something else such that it can't find the program.
I've changed atomic code to only set TVShowName for episodic shows (which probably will generate some complaints from iTunes users eventually).
Ok thanks. Look forward to trying that one. And hoping it does not mess up itunes.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #7039
cherry ghost

Quote:
I think, since his problem is with movies, the best thing is to leave episodic as is and get rid of --TVShowName and add --title to non-episodic

After trying the zip file beta, I see that, for episodic, --title is being run twice, first as episodeTitle from the metadata file and second as title from the metadata file

Code:
--overWrite --stik "TV Show" --title MazelTov --year 2014-07-24T07:00:00Z --description "Daniel disappears on an unusual errand; Janets family surprises her some unexpected birthday gifts. " --longdesc "Daniel disappears on an unusual errand; Janets family surprises her some unexpected birthday gifts. " --contentRating TV-14 --title Rectify --TVShowName Rectify --artist Rectify --albumArtist Rectify --TVEpisode 206 --TVEpisodeNum 06 --tracknum 206 --TVSeasonNum 2 --album "Rectify, Season 2" --TVNetwork SUNDANC -d 1/1

Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #7040
moyekj

Quote:
Ok thanks. Look forward to trying that one. And hoping it does not mess up itunes.
kmttg_v1.1c_beta2.zip

Old 07-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #7041
moyekj

Quote:
After trying the zip file beta, I see that, for episodic, --title is being run twice, first as episodeTitle from the metadata file and second as title from the metadata file
OK thanks for catching that. It's now corrected in source code. --title=title only used for movies. --title=episodeTitle will still be used for episodic shows.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 PM   #7042
jcthorne

Quote:
Well, tried again with a clean file with no tags in it. Ran the new version of kmttg and then verified the results of atomicparsley before starting the push. TVShowTitle was indeed gone this time so that works.

Pushing with pytivo still results in a double title in the NPL. Perhaps the answer is for pytivo NOT to concantate title to whatever when the item being pushed has isEpisode set to false and only use title in that case?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:30 AM   #7043
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I was thinking a long while about a shortcut for going in and out of a folder on KMTTG. Is there or could you add in the Unshifted < (comma) and >(period) for out and in respectfully. It may seem like the lazy way to navigate the NPL, but it can work quicker instead of having to always click that back button.
I added this for NPL tables only for next release.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:12 AM   #7044
jcthorne

Update on the double title. The atomicparsley updates in kmttg DID fix the problem, on the TIVO NPL, kmttg was and still is displaying these same entries with the double titles on my pc though. Odd but I can live with it.

Thanks for everyone's help last night, much appreciated.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #7045
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Perhaps the answer is for pytivo NOT to concantate title to whatever when the item being pushed has isEpisode set to false and only use title in that case?
Concatenating the title with anything is not a thing that pyTivo does, unless maybe you're using one of the modified templates from here?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #7046
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Concatenating the title with anything is not a thing that pyTivo does, unless maybe you're using one of the modified templates from here?
Nail on the head, I forgot all about those templates and yes I did use one. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2014, 05:45 AM   #7047
Hcour

Whenever I transfer something from my Tivo to my computer using kmttg I've always done the conversion to mpg with no problems. Now on my desktop and notebook (Windows 8.1) the files play audio only, no picture, in both Daum PotPlayer and Windows Media Center. On my home theater media player (Popcorn Hour) I get a picture but no sound. What could be the problem? Thanks.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #7048
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
Whenever I transfer something from my Tivo to my computer using kmttg I've always done the conversion to mpg with no problems. Now on my desktop and notebook (Windows 8.1) the files play audio only, no picture, in both Daum PotPlayer and Windows Media Center. On my home theater media player (Popcorn Hour) I get a picture but no sound. What could be the problem? Thanks.
Missing codecs on your Windows machine is the problem there. If you install VideoLAN VLC for example it will play them without issue since it doesn't rely on Windows codecs for playback.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #7049
wireman121

moyeky - the problem where auto transfers gets stuck in a loop when the videoredo review task is waiting has returned. Not sure how that happened unless you removed the code that was handling it? I know we had fixed it a few months back...
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #7050
moyekj

I haven't changed anything related to that. The only changes for 1.1b were adding file name override which shouldn't affect anything else:
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/code/3018/

Suggest you try 1.1a but I doubt you will see any difference.