TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #6931
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Isn't TivoDecode used for this step?
tivodecode does not work reliably, if at all to decrypt TS .TiVo files, whereas DirectShow Dump can handle those without problem. So it's mostly useful for TS .TiVo downloads. In the case of H.264 recordings (my cable company has some of those), for example, your only option is to download those in TS container.

i.e. This is a Windows alternative to overcome limitations of tivodecode and without using VideoRedo.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #6932
caddyroger

programs downloading a loop

I have kmttg version 1.1a installed. I have the programs options set to jave rpc not checked.
What is happening is the program is stopping about a minute from the end and starting the down load again.
What could be the problem?

Last edited by caddyroger : 07-05-2014 at 02:37 AM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #6933
wuzznuubi

Upgrading Tools-MediaInfo CLI

Running WIN-7 64 bit

In order to update kmttg tools to use the latest version of MediaInfo CLI v.0.7.69 vs the version that comes with kmttg v0.7.62, do I;
  1. download and unzip the newest version into <kmttg_installed_directory>\mediaInfo_cli ?
  2. should I download the 32 or 64 bit version?

wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #6934
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post
Running WIN-7 64 bit

In order to update kmttg tools to use the latest version of MediaInfo CLI v.0.7.69 vs the version that comes with kmttg v0.7.62, do I;
  1. download and unzip the newest version into <kmttg_installed_directory>\mediaInfo_cli ?
  2. should I download the 32 or 64 bit version?
Yes that would work (probably either 32 bit or 64 bit would work). But I really don't see the point of updating since the default version is working fine AFAIK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #6935
wuzznuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes that would work (probably either 32 bit or 64 bit would work). But I really don't see the point of updating since the default version is working fine AFAIK.
Thanks moyekj, let me rephrase #2.
Did you include the 32 or 64 bit version of MediaInfo CLI in the tools package?
I'm getting intermittent problems where MediaInfo CLI reported duration of TS TiVo downloads are incorrect and it also reports the video as encrypted and doesn't show additional info on the video stream portion, but if I redownload from the TiVo as PS they're fine. Just thought I'd try out the latest MediaInfo CLI version to see if it helps.

P.S. I'm guessing you used the 32 bit version so will try that one

Last edited by wuzznuubi : 06-18-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: P.S. guess
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #6936
az1097

I've been using windows media player in XP to play the .tivo files that transferred with KMTTG but recently those files won't play and the WMP displays "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help." How do I fix this issue? Thanks.
az1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #6937
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1097 View Post
I've been using windows media player in XP to play the .tivo files that transferred with KMTTG but recently those files won't play and the WMP displays "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help." How do I fix this issue? Thanks.
Is this enabled?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kmttg-ts.jpg (3.1 KB, 193 views)

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #6938
az1097

Quote:
Is this enabled?

It isn't, I'd never enabled it. At the moment I can't play the very .tivo files I was able to play before.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #6939
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1097 View Post
It isn't, I'd never enabled it. At the moment I can't play the very .tivo files I was able to play before.
It won't play .Tivo files unless you had Tivo Desktop installed/partially removed, otherwise you have to use Decrypt.

~~~~~

Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #6940
az1097

Quote:
It won't play .Tivo files unless you had Tivo Desktop installed/partially removed, otherwise you have to use Decrypt.
Turns out the bonjour service was disabled...working fine now.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #6941
muerte33

Is there anyplace to just download this file:
TiVoDirectShowFilter.dll
So I don't have to install Tivo Desktop?
I would really like to download all my files in TS format (which seems quicker).
muerte33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #6942
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
Is there anyplace to just download this file:
TiVoDirectShowFilter.dll
So I don't have to install Tivo Desktop?
I would really like to download all my files in TS format (which seems quicker).
You'd have to hack registry changes to do it without installing TD. Easiest thing to do is install TD to the point you can confirm .TiVo files play with Windows Media Player, then proceed to uninstall TD and leave a partial install in place (an option given during uninstall).

Old 06-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #6943
moyekj

FYI, since the "incomplete transfers" issue comes up over and over again (most recently in kmttg sourceforge forum), I decided to create a Wiki page about it which summarizes the problem and 2 workarounds to it:
https://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/Resume_Downloads/

Let me know if more details are needed in that page or if something is not clear.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #6944
howards

moyekj - thank you for the resume page - very useful!
howards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #6945
caddyroger

I have kmttg v1.1 installed. I would like why it doing this.In my configuration I have it set to save mpg programs saved in a folder then I have tivo file saved in a different folder? I then have the tivo files deleted. I been doing this way for the last 3 or 4 years.
With this new version it will not save the mpg to the mpg folder so I have to kept the tivo files.

Last edited by caddyroger : 07-01-2014 at 10:02 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #6946
caddyroger

Another question. What folder keeps tracks of the down loaded programs. Say for instance Bones. What folder kmttg checks to see if that show has been recorded. Some times I have to manually install kmttg. I would like to know which to keep so I am not down loading that have all ready have.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #6947
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I have kmttg v1.1 installed. I would like why it doing this.In my configuration I have it set to save mpg programs saved in a folder then I have tivo file saved in a different folder? I then have the tivo files deleted. I been doing this way for the last 3 or 4 years.
With this new version it will not save the mpg to the mpg folder so I have to kept the tivo files.
It does work. Most likely you put incorrect path to mpg folder and since kmttg can't find it or write to it then defaults to putting them in same folder as .TiVo files. So triple check your mpg folder setting to make sure it exists and has proper write permissions.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #6948
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
Another question. What folder keeps tracks of the down loaded programs. Say for instance Bones. What folder kmttg checks to see if that show has been recorded. Some times I have to manually install kmttg. I would like to know which to keep so I am not down loading that have all ready have.
auto.history

Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #6949
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I am finding lately that under 1.1a, my decrypt and QSFix jobs are running very slowly. Right now it looks like its doing about .5 MB per 1-2 min. Might it be the updated tools? How can I revert back?

~~~~~

Old 07-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #6950
moyekj

Quote:
I am finding lately that under 1.1a, my decrypt and QSFix jobs are running very slowly. Right now it looks like its doing about .5 MB per 1-2 min. Might it be the updated tools? How can I revert back?
Only executable updated was ffmpeg. Besides that DSD and ccextractor were added but nothing else changed, so that's not the problem. The tasks you mention are I/O intensive so I would suspect hard drive write speed related problem. 1st thing I would do is reboot PC if you haven't already, then run some hard drive checks. If you have an alternate drive to write to try changing outputs to that to see if speed improves.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #6951
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Only executable updated was ffmpeg. Besides that DSD and ccextractor were added but nothing else changed, so that's not the problem. The tasks you mention are I/O intensive so I would suspect hard drive write speed related problem. 1st thing I would do is reboot PC if you haven't already, then run some hard drive checks. If you have an alternate drive to write to try changing outputs to that to see if speed improves.
Hmm, reboot is not the solution because I shutdown nightly and the issue still exist.

~~~~~

Old 07-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #6952
moyekj

Antivirus like programs are also always a prime suspect for these kinds of problems, so consider that as well in addition to hard drive checks.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #6953
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Antivirus like programs are also always a prime suspect for these kinds of problems, so consider that as well in addition to hard drive checks.
Well, I finally got it working again. I tried the WinXP's Defragmenter and it would not do anything on the drive. The drive is a secondary WD20EARS in a locking dock slot on the PC. Tried to shutdown and defragmenter will still up and frozen. It had worked when I analyzed my main drive, but not the secondary. Forced a reset and the secondary was not listed in Windows Explorer, took out the drive, restarted, everything was fine. Replaced the secondary, restarted, and it was missing in Win Explorer. Went into CtrlPanel, add hardware, selected the drive, finish. Then, the drive appeared in W.Exp. Next I opened KMTTG, and tried a decrypt, QSF and now is faster. Not sure why this came up since about yesterday.

~~~~~

Old 07-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #6954
Bytez

I recorded a partial show, 43 minutes long. Why does only the first 13:10 get transferred to the computer? The program lists the show as 5.03GB, 1,506MB is transferred.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:45 AM   #6955
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytez View Post
I recorded a partial show, 43 minutes long. Why does only the first 13:10 get transferred to the computer? The program lists the show as 5.03GB, 1,506MB is transferred.
Could be a glitch in the recording at that spot.

~~~~~

Old 07-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #6956
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytez View Post
https://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/Resume_Downloads/

Old 07-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #6957
whitenack

What encoding profile is recommended for chromecast? I know I need an mp4, so I am thinking the h264 high rate, but I'm not sure if the audio will work. I can't get chrome to play the audio for this profile but I haven't been able to try chromecast yet.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #6958
caddyroger

Quote:
auto.history
Thanks
Old 07-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #6959
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
What encoding profile is recommended for chromecast? I know I need an mp4, so I am thinking the h264 high rate, but I'm not sure if the audio will work. I can't get chrome to play the audio for this profile but I haven't been able to try chromecast yet.
Many players can't handle mp4 container with ac3. You can use the iPad profiles (hb_ipad or ff_ipad) or use hb_television which all have aac audio. I don't know anything about Chrome or Chromecast but they may be able to handle playback of mpeg2 in which case you just need to decrypted mpg file and no need to encode to something else.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #6960
whitenack

Quote:
Many players can't handle mp4 container with ac3. You can use the iPad profiles (hb_ipad or ff_ipad) or use hb_television which all have aac audio. I don't know anything about Chrome or Chromecast but they may be able to handle playback of mpeg2 in which case you just need to decrypted mpg file and no need to encode to something else.
Thanks for the response!

I looked up the supported codecs and found this...

Quote:
Video codecs

H.264 High Profile Level 4.1, 4.2 and 5
VP8

Audio decoding

HE-AAC
LC-AAC
CELT/Opus
MP3
Vorbis
Wav (audio/wav)
So, looks like I need to keep the mp4 video but I need to find an HE-AAC or LC-AAC audio option.