TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #6871
jimbob9999
Curious

Editing metadata automatically?

Hi All,
Long time user, first time poster. kmttg is one of my favorite programs, and I've been very happy with it. I have been using it along with a custom command to move the finished product into the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder for quite some time now.

Unfortunately with recent iTunes updates, once in iTunes, the "Media Kind" metadata tag is now defaulting to "Music". Before I go editing my custom command to use SublerCLI or some other metadata editor, I thought I'd ask the community if there were another easier option within or without kmttg for this, and/or inquire as to whether this could be a quick option addded into kmttg?

Thanks in advance!

Jimbob
jimbob9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #6872
plamumba

Question re search

Is there a way to set the default max hits for a search? I thought there was, but I can't find anything. It always goes to 100 max. Thanks for any help.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:04 AM   #6873
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by plamumba View Post
Is there a way to set the default max hits for a search? I thought there was, but I can't find anything. It always goes to 100 max. Thanks for any help.

P.S. Next release kmttg will store/restore this setting between kmttg sessions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg search.jpg (5.9 KB, 170 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 05-31-2014 at 10:32 AM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #6874
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Is there an easy way to remove KUID designation from several base-Roamios, each having hundreds of SD recordings that were recorded that way?

If not, could you possibly come up with a way?

I've already changed my SPs to not KUID. I'm trying to see if I'm hitting some filesystem limit on how many recordings can be in a folder, and suspect the KUID designation is part of the problem.

One thing I found that seems to wreak havoc is: Set an ARWL to "doctor who" (to include the specials, not just the episodes), set record ALL (everything), set KUID. Let that folder get to ~300 recordings, in SD, and wait for the TiVo to corrupt itself (it WILL happen).

I had to wipe the ARWL, fight to delete the folder, then fight to make the episodes delete from recently deleted. It took many reboots, kickstarts, and clearing the program info & TDL. The stability of that unit is now almost comparable to the rest, but still tending to reboot after service connections.

I have other programs I'm using SPs to get all episodes from all seasons, in SD, and some are about to hit that ~300 recordings in the folder mark.

The thought of removing the KUID designation, one at a time, is quite daunting.

So, I thought maybe a Ctrl-A and change a whole folder within KMTTG might be possible.

I'm no longer suspicious of KUID being a dangerous option to set. I'm convinced, at this point.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #6875
lpwcomp

I don't think that RPC supports changing the keep until date, but I have a suggestion that I think will get you what you want.

Use kmttg to mass delete all the recordings you want to change. Then mass recover them from "Deleted". Joila, no longer marked KUID.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #6876
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I don't think that RPC supports changing the keep until date, but I have a suggestion that I think will get you what you want.

Use kmttg to mass delete all the recordings you want to change. Then mass recover them from "Deleted". Joila, no longer marked KUID.
That should work! I've done that before, now that I think about it. It was an accidental deletion of a folder, and KMTTG saved me from using the TiVo to get them all back (with KUID being stripped-away, as a side-effect).

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:47 AM   #6877
epstewart

Include CCExtractor in downloads?

Kevin,

I asked Carlos, author of CCExtractor:

Quote:
If I have a CCExtractor 0.69 binary that was compiled/linked for Mac OS X 10.9 "Mavericks," would it necessarily work for earlier or later Mac OS X
versions?
His response:

Quote:
My guess is that it would work in later versions of OSX but no idea
about previous versions. I don't use OSX myself though, so I'm not
sure. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
He had told me earlier:

Quote:
The only libraries that CCExtractor loads
dynamically are the system libraries. Those are guaranteed to exist
(otherwise nothing would work) but the specific version changes from
OS to OS. So just let the compiler/linker to their job and use the
correct library.

If you need to use binaries instead of source code then you'll need a
different binary for each OS version, which is fine, but that's the
job of the people preparing packages. I know there's a CCExtractor
package for Debian and possibly one for SuSE.
I think indications are accordingly that it might be safe to include a CCExtractor binary as one of the programs in the kmttg arsenal. Maybe we could test this by my supplying my own executable to you. You could in turn make it available to other Mac users on a "try it" basis. If there are no complaints, maybe you could get other users to supply executables for other kinds of computers.

What do you think?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:10 AM   #6878
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstewart View Post
I think indications are accordingly that it might be safe to include a CCExtractor binary as one of the programs in the kmttg arsenal. Maybe we could test this by my supplying my own executable to you. You could in turn make it available to other Mac users on a "try it" basis. If there are no complaints, maybe you could get other users to supply executables for other kinds of computers.

What do you think?
I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion since he (Carlos) explicitly states that you need a different binary for each version of the OS.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:24 AM   #6879
plamumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by plamumba View Post
You are always so helpful. Thanks again.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #6880
moyekj

Yes I think OSX suffers the same basic problem as Linux in this regard. As long as it depends on system dynamic libraries there's no guarantee it will work on different systems. The only guarantee of no problems is a static library compile which sounds like is not available for ccextractor.

Perhaps what I could do though is provide a link to a binary download for those seeking for one to try, whether it be sourceforge or some other location.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #6881
epstewart

Quote:
I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion since he (Carlos) explicitly states that you need a different binary for each version of the OS.
When Carlos said a different binary is needed for each OS "version," he went right on to say there's a CCExtractor version for Debian and one for SuSE, so I interpreted him to mean different versions are needed for each distinct OS ... not for every individual version number of a given OS such as Mac OS X.

I know for example that my CCExtractor 0.59 (very old CCExtractor version, complied I think under OS X 10.7 or something) still works on my currently installed OS X 10.9 — as does, of course, the CCExtractor 0.69 that I just compiled. So my experience is that CCExtractor executables are indeed forward-compatible with new Mac OS X versions that appear.

So I believe there is a very good chance that it would be safe to offer Mac users the 0.69 executable I have compiled. I don't know Kevin's policy here, though, so I'll leave that decision up to him.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #6882
moyekj

Quote:
When Carlos said a different binary is needed for each OS "version," he went right on to say there's a CCExtractor version for Debian and one for SuSE, so I interpreted him to mean different versions are needed for each distinct OS ... not for every individual version number of a given OS such as Mac OS X.

I know for example that my CCExtractor 0.59 (very old CCExtractor version, complied I think under OS X 10.7 or something) still works on my currently installed OS X 10.9 — as does, of course, the CCExtractor 0.69 that I just compiled. So my experience is that CCExtractor executables are indeed forward-compatible with new Mac OS X versions that appear.

So I believe there is a very good chance that it would be safe to offer Mac users the 0.69 executable I have compiled. I don't know Kevin's policy here, though, so I'll leave that decision up to him.
Eric, if you post the binary somewhere then I can at least for now make a link from sourceforge available for Mac users.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #6883
moyekj

v1p0t version released

Version v1p0t released. See release_notes Wiki for details.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #6884
epstewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Eric, if you post the binary somewhere then I can at least for now make a link from sourceforge available for Mac users.
Kevin,

Thanks. I will post it for you when I get a spare moment. Do you have any recommendation as to where I ought to post it?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #6885
moyekj

Quote:
Kevin,

Thanks. I will post it for you when I get a spare moment. Do you have any recommendation as to where I ought to post it?
If it's small enough you can attach a zip file to a post in this thread. Else google drive or similar or an email will work.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #6886
christheman

Hi, I am reloading one of my Windows machines. Will Java 7u60 play nice with KMTTG?

Thanks
Chris
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #6887
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheman View Post
Hi, I am reloading one of my Windows machines. Will Java 7u60 play nice with KMTTG?
Should be fine.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #6888
epstewart

Quote:
If it's small enough you can attach a zip file to a post in this thread. Else google drive or similar or an email will work.
Kevin,

Thanks. Anyone using this Google Drive link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07...it?usp=sharing

should be able to download

CCExtractor 0.69 for Mac OS X.zip

which unzips to a folder containing a ccextractor executable and a Read Me file. The executable is for Mac OS X users only. It will not work under other operating systems. The Read Me file contains instructions for how to use it in kmttg. Anyone who has questions or issues can contact me at this forum thread or send me email at

epstewart2004 at yahoo.com
Old 06-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #6889
moyekj

Quote:
Kevin,

Thanks. Anyone using this Google Drive link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07...it?usp=sharing

should be able to download

CCExtractor 0.69 for Mac OS X.zip

which unzips to a folder containing a ccextractor executable and a Read Me file. The executable is for Mac OS X users only. It will not work under other operating systems. The Read Me file contains instructions for how to use it in kmttg. Anyone who has questions or issues can contact me at this forum thread or send me email at

epstewart2004 at yahoo.com
OK thanks. I put a copy of that zip file at sourceforge kmttg files page under tools folder.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #6890
WhiskeyTango

Sorry if this has been asked before but I really don't want to go through 230 pages of posts. My dad likes to edit shows/movies using VideoReDo. He wants to be able to transfer them back to his Tivo. Does kttmg allow the conversion from .mpg to .tivo? Are any other programs required to do so and transfer them?
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #6891
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before but I really don't want to go through 230 pages of posts. My dad likes to edit shows/movies using VideoReDo. He wants to be able to transfer them back to his Tivo. Does kttmg allow the conversion from .mpg to .tivo? Are any other programs required to do so and transfer them?
There is no need to convert back .tivo files. Tivo will accept .mpg (and a few others) files. .tivo is simply a container for encryption to .mpg

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #6892
wuzznuubi

Quote:
The code is checked in for next release.
Kevin,
Thanks for adding the auto.history lookup to the ToDo list. It's working great!
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #6893
lpwcomp

Quote:
He'll need either pyTivo or Tivo Desktop to transfer them back to the TiVo.

What model TiVo and what version of VideoReDo?

Old 06-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #6894
Bytez

Is it possible to record "live" video while it's buffering?
Bytez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #6895
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytez View Post
Could you expand on that? What exactly do you want to do?

Old 06-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #6896
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Record (on the TiVo), yes. Transfer (which I assume is what you actually want, since you're posting in the KMTTG thread), no.

(It's perhaps worth noting that this is not so much a technical issue, as an arbitrary limitation imposed by TiVo, reputedly at the behest of the NFL. (!) In the world of hacked TiVos, it is/was possible to stream both in-progress recordings, and the live buffer(s).)

Last edited by wmcbrine : 06-03-2014 at 10:15 AM.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #6897
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
He'll need either pyTivo or Tivo Desktop to transfer them back to the TiVo.

What model TiVo and what version of VideoReDo?
He has Tivo Desktop and a Tivo HD (the black one). I'm not sure what version of VRD, he got the full priced version a couple of years ago.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #6898
lpwcomp

Quote:
He has Tivo Desktop and a Tivo HD (the black one). I'm not sure what version of VRD, he got the full priced version a couple of years ago.
If he doesn't care about space, he can just save the edited version as mpeg2, put it in whatever folder he has configured TD to look and either pull or push them to the TiVo.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #6899
Bytez

Quote:
Could you expand on that? What exactly do you want to do?
Record the stream onto the hard drive while it's playing "live" (not a recorded show). For example, I could do it via firewire on the Motorola STB/DVR with tsreader and capvhs.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:19 AM   #6900
lpwcomp

Quote:
Record the stream onto the hard drive while it's playing "live" (not a recorded show). For example, I could do it via firewire on the Motorola STB/DVR with tsreader and capvhs.
I see that your question has already been answered.