TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #5911
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Check the relevant kmttg auto.log.# file for any error messages and/or clues. If there aren't any messages then it means Windows is not able to launch kmttg for some reason.
The only entries is 2013_10_18_17:21:35 NOTE: Killing 'REMOTE NP List' TiVo: CADDY TIVO.
About 3 years ago I got the same thing or some thing like it but I forgot What I did to get it to work.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #5912
moyekj

Looks like something is forcing kmttg to quit (it tries to kill any active jobs before shutting down). Make sure you have the service set to run using your login account and not the system default account.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #5913
reneg

I love the new search ++ feature added to version v1p0h. Thanks for adding this new feature. Here's a couple suggestions/requests:
1) Allow search on movieYear metadata. In wishlists, you could have it search on movies with the keyword 2012 and it would return all the movies released in 2012. Maybe I haven't played with search++ enough, but I couldn't get it to do this. It would be great if it allowed the year to be searched in the keyword or in the Original Air Year fields.

2) In the Advanced Search dialog box, change Show Type to "movie", "special" or "series" to match what is displayed in the Type field of the results.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #5914
BH9244

Java Error Msg after Java Update

Updated Java today and since that time I get the following error on most "Remote" functions such as refresh ToDo list,refresh Season Pass's Etc..

RemoteInit-IP=192.168.1.8 port=1413)java.security.cert CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints.

I also get the error after refreshing Now Playing List although that seems to update correctly..
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #5915
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I love the new search ++ feature added to version v1p0h. Thanks for adding this new feature. Here's a couple suggestions/requests:
1) Allow search on movieYear metadata. In wishlists, you could have it search on movies with the keyword 2012 and it would return all the movies released in 2012. Maybe I haven't played with search++ enough, but I couldn't get it to do this. It would be great if it allowed the year to be searched in the keyword or in the Original Air Year fields.

2) In the Advanced Search dialog box, change Show Type to "movie", "special" or "series" to match what is displayed in the Type field of the results.
Yes there's still some refinement needed. It's actually a lot trickier than you think since I'm using "offerSearch" RPC function along with filters that it has available for the base search, then further filtering those results returned by the RPC call with channel #s and category names if specified. The function seems to require a Title, subtitle or keyword of some sort in order to run, and it doesn't look like "Original Air Year" applies to movies. Your 1st example is something that I'm interested in as well, so I'll have to play with it some more to see if something like that is possible.

For the "Show types" I'm using the offerSearch "episodic" boolean parameter which can be true, false or if set signifies both types, hence the choices you see there in kmttg.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #5916
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH9244 View Post
Updated Java today and since that time I get the following error on most "Remote" functions such as refresh ToDo list,refresh Season Pass's Etc..

RemoteInit-IP=192.168.1.8 port=1413)java.security.cert CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints.

I also get the error after refreshing Now Playing List although that seems to update correctly..
Update to latest kmttg to fix the problem.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #5917
caddyroger

I got the problem fixed. I updated java from 7.25 to 7.45 and that when the service stopped. Uninstalled jav7.45 and installed 7.40 and the service started to work again. This is running kmttg v1p0h. Will find out tomorrow if down loads or not
Old 10-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #5918
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post

OK, some progress.

* There is indeed a "collectionType" parameter which works better than the "episodic" parameter I was using. Types are movie, music, series, special. So I replaced the "Show Type" field in kmttg with a new "Genre" field that has those types as settings in addition to ALL.

* I discovered there is a "titleKeyword" parameter that I didn't know about previously, so I've added a "Title keyword" field which accepts keywords in addition to the existing "Title" field which matches the whole title.

* I changed "Original Air Year" field to "Year" and changed the behavior. If Genre is set to anything but "movie" it will use "originalAirYear" parameter as part of the search as before. However when Genre is set to "movie" then kmttg will not use the "originalAirYear" parameter but will post filter results of the search to match "movieYear" entry instead (since movie entries don't contain "originalAirYear" entry).

Please try the kmttg.jar in the given beta version (Google Drive link):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0SM...it?usp=sharing

NOTE: It's still necessary to provide at minimum keywords of some sort for a search to work, but I was able to search for movies restricted to year 2012 with the following setup with the above version:
Keywords = a*
Year = 2012
Genre = movie
Recording types = both

NOTE: When using very generic keywords that match pretty much every entry such as above I frequently get "RPC error response: middlemindError" messages. But for above setting the original search returns around 300+ entries which then filtered down to about 24 matches with the movieYear filter applied. All entries seem to have "a" character in the main title however, so it looks like perhaps even though Keyword="a*" is supposed to match title, subtitle or description that it may be filtering just based on title, so a better way to search all movies is still needed.

So I think it's an improvement but perhaps still some further tweaking needed.

Last edited by moyekj : 10-19-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #5919
reneg

I downloaded the beta build. Haven't run into any issues yet. I cranked up max search results to 800, and used a more generic search that seemed to work ok:
Keywords = <blank>
Year = 2012
Genre = movie
Recording types = HD
Favorite channels only - checked

I got a less than 200 responses and no errors. Trying other searches
Old 10-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #5920
moyekj

OK, here's an improved version which is quite an overhaul and that doesn't require any keywords to be set as long as you have a category selected or Genre=movie:

It does need to talk to middlemind.tivo.com now though to get category IDs so requires your tivo.com username & password to be set in kmttg to work if you are going to use Category or Genre movie filters. (If you don't have them set then you can do so under config->Tivos tab). This includes categoryId filter in the base/initial search now instead of filtering after the fact. In general this should yield faster and more reliable results.

I'm not sure how previous version was working for you without setting any keywords.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #5921
reneg

On the previous beta build, if I selected Favorite channels only, it didn't require a keyword, but when I switched to Received channels only, the search would not work without a keyword.

After updating to the next beta build, here are a couple things I noticed.
1) Finds programs that are in the past. For example, today is Saturday, the search is finding programs for the previous two days; Thursday & Friday. Would be nice to start with current time if possible.

2) Search results display only one occurrence of a program where the previous version found multiple repeats of a program. I actually like this vs the previous behavior as you can get show info (I) and then arrow down through the list. With the previous version, you have to traverse down and back through the hierarchy to see show info.

3) In you enter multiple search years, it only displays the results from the first year.

Also, this version is faster returning results which is nice.

Last edited by reneg : 10-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #5922
moyekj

1. OK, fixed the problem with entries older than current time. Also returned results are sorted by Date by default.
2. Yes this will happen for searches without keywords since kmttg uses collectionSearch instead of offerSearch for those and that's a side effect of different search type.
3. Yes it's always been that way and tooltip mentions that. These RPC searches don't allow more than 1 year as a filter.
Latest beta version with above fixes:

(Thanks for help testing BTW).

EDIT. For issue 2 I figured out now how to include multiple airings in the results so it behaves like offerSearch now. With this type of search the final count of results can be now be > Initial Match count displayed by job table.

Last edited by moyekj : 10-19-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #5923
jimpmc

ProjectX Qsfix truncating file?

First off, thanks for the great program and continual new features. Recently, I tried using the qsfix (projectx version) on an mpg file (that was created from a dvd rip). The original mpg was an entire movie, but just showed the wrong time when playing. When I used qsfix, it completed, but the resulting file is cutoff around halfway. The original file is 5.71GB and the qsfix one is only around 2.8GB. This happened before when I tried another file, so I figured I'd see if it was a setting, known issue, or a limitation of the filesizes.
jimpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #5924
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpmc View Post
First off, thanks for the great program and continual new features. Recently, I tried using the qsfix (projectx version) on an mpg file (that was created from a dvd rip). The original mpg was an entire movie, but just showed the wrong time when playing. When I used qsfix, it completed, but the resulting file is cutoff around halfway. The original file is 5.71GB and the qsfix one is only around 2.8GB. This happened before when I tried another file, so I figured I'd see if it was a setting, known issue, or a limitation of the filesizes.
There are 2 steps to the ProjectX qsfix:
1. projectx demux
2. ffmpeg remux

While demux is running double click on the job in the table to get stdout/stderr window and see if there are error messages showing up during or towards the end of the run. If the problem is happening on this one then it's a projectx issue with likely no solution.
While remux is happening double click on the job again and look for errors.
If the problem is happening during the ffmpeg remux phase it's possible that a different/new version of ffmpeg may help.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #5925
jimpmc

Quote:
There are 2 steps to the ProjectX qsfix:
1. projectx demux
2. ffmpeg remux

While demux is running double click on the job in the table to get stdout/stderr window and see if there are error messages showing up during or towards the end of the run. If the problem is happening on this one then it's a projectx issue with likely no solution.
While remux is happening double click on the job again and look for errors.
If the problem is happening during the ffmpeg remux phase it's possible that a different/new version of ffmpeg may help.
It is definitely happening on the demux. The .m2v file is half the size and the elapsed time shown is also about half of what it should be.
jimpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #5926
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpmc View Post
It is definitely happening on the demux. The .m2v file is half the size and the elapsed time shown is also about half of what it should be.
Then not much to be done. There's no later version than what kmttg distributes. If you really are motivated you may want to download the latest CVS source code to build latest binary to see if it fixes the issue, but it's a long shot and unlikely to help.

VideoRedo is a better solution for qsfix if you haven't considered that.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #5927
moyekj

Quote:
1. OK, fixed the problem with entries older than current time. Also returned results are sorted by Date by default.
2. Yes this will happen for searches without keywords since kmttg uses collectionSearch instead of offerSearch for those and that's a side effect of different search type.
3. Yes it's always been that way and tooltip mentions that. These RPC searches don't allow more than 1 year as a filter.

EDIT. For issue 2 I figured out now how to include multiple airings in the results so it behaves like offerSearch now. With this type of search the final count of results can be now be > Initial Match count displayed by job table.
Beta version of kmttg.jar with multiple airings included for collectionSearch type searches:

Old 10-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #5928
Hyrax

I've searched and cannot find if anyone else has a problem with captions being out of sync by a few seconds. I discovered this by transferring a show with captions to my PC and running handbreak in a separate step. About half of the time the captions are perfect, the rest of the time they are off - sometimes slightly, some times it is so bad as to make them useless.

Digging deeper into the problem, I have tried using kmttg to extract the captions as .SRT files and then using MKVMerge to mux them into the program. I still have the same problem. (I'm using ccextractorwin.exe for this).

I believe that the problem may somehow be in the code that converts the .TIVO container to a .MPG container.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it possible that some key timing information is being lost in transferring from the Tivo? If no one else has seen the problem, I'll explore it further. I guess once I find a new show with this problem and test to try to find the source of the problem. I want to see if the problem is in the original material (possible), see if Tivo Desktop has the problem, see if pushing the show back to the Tivo eliminates the problem, and so on.

Thanks in advance
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #5929
Hyrax

BTW, this caption sync problem was happening on a Premiere XL. I just got a Roamio and don't know if it has this issue or not.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #5930
moyekj

Today I also added "Minimum rating" to Advanced Search so that when searching for movies you can set how many stars minimum to restrict matches to. Since Advanced Search is now much better than current official release I'll probably be releasing another update soon.

I still can't believe how badly TiVo crippled Wishlists screens when "upgrading" to HDUI. They even removed capability of setting up advanced wishlists with boolean logic along with introducing several issues.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #5931
moyekj

v1p0i version released

v1p0i version is now released. Improvements to the Advanced Search capability are included. See the release_notes Wiki for details.
As usual, if using v1p0b version or later you can update automatically using Help->Update kmttg...

Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #5932
mglutz

In the now playing table the icons have a hierarchy that has the copy protection icon on top. That hides the expiration icon. Looks like that is all the Tivo supplies looking at show information. Does the RPC function provide the additional needed to be able to show expiration information for all shows?
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #5933
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
In the now playing table the icons have a hierarchy that has the copy protection icon on top. That hides the expiration icon. Looks like that is all the Tivo supplies looking at show information. Does the RPC function provide the additional needed to be able to show expiration information for all shows?
There's some relevant parameters. Here's a blurb on it:

Quote:
field = deletionPolicy|,,The deletion policy for this recording. If this is set to whenSpaceNeeded, the recording can be deleted when space is needed. If this is set to neverDelete, the body should attempt to not delete this recording. If this is not set, the default value of whenSpaceNeeded should be used. In the case it's set to specificDate, the date the user chose will be specified in the desiredDeletion field. This recording may be required to be deleted prior to the date specified here for drm requirements. This will be specified in the drm attribute.

field = desiredDeletion|,,When did the user request that this content should be considered for deletion. If the deletionPolicy is specificDate, this field should be present. This is not to be confused with the expectedDeletion field, which specifies when the scheduler will actually delete the recording.

field = expectedDeletion|,,When is this content expected to be deleted. This may happen for many reasons. If there is no expected expiration time or if we don't know what it would be, this will be missing.
All my expectedDeletion dates are in the year 2038, but my Roamio Pro is only 10% full.
Looking at my Premiere with 40% full disk there are some "expectedDeletion" dates that are dated a few months ago.

Last edited by moyekj : 10-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #5934
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
All my expectedDeletion dates are in the year 2038, but my Roamio Pro is only 10% full.
Looking at my Premiere with 40% full disk there are some "expectedDeletion" dates that are dated a few months ago.
Just a thought, out of the blue, from somebody who has been annoyed by inaccurate deletion date flagging:

If you reboot the Premiere, and check the dates on the ones scheduled for past dates, do they update to the future? I can eliminate the yellow exclamation points, for about a week, by simply rebooting the unit.

I've found that any time I run a DIY unsanctioned upgraded HDD TiVo, past ~30% of the upgraded capacity, it will flag programs for deletion, as if it was running the stock drive and/or it seems the TiVo calculates based on all to-do programs being in full HD, while many of them aren't and/or calculates all programs, even if they are duplicates/not new, and the SPs are set to new-only, thus they won't actually record.

It's something I'm hoping that the new program from the author of DVRBARS may find a way to address, in his future software. Maybe I should bother to mention it the next time I chat with him, since I've just realized I've never asked him about it...
Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #5935
Eyedoctor2

Just a FYI, I am getting 1920 x 544 resolution using Slingbox Pro HD and your slingbox capture setup.

Thanks for the great work!
Eyedoctor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #5936
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Just a thought, out of the blue, from somebody who has been annoyed by inaccurate deletion date flagging:

If you reboot the Premiere, and check the dates on the ones scheduled for past dates, do they update to the future? I can eliminate the yellow exclamation points, for about a week, by simply rebooting the unit.
Indeed, rebooting my Premiere and checking again all the "expectedDeletion" dates got changed to year 2038. So looks like the scheduler resets that property on reboot for each recording not set to KUID, at least for 20.3.1 Premiere software.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #5937
mglutz

Can the play list in kmttg be updated to show both the deletion policy AND the copy protection. So that for both copy protected and non protected shows you could see at a glance if a show is likely to get deleted?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #5938
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
Can the play list in kmttg be updated to show both the deletion policy AND the copy protection. So that for both copy protected and non protected shows you could see at a glance if a show is likely to get deleted?
Well, there can't be 2 icons in 1 table cell, so that would mean either having to add another column or not using copy protect icon for copy protected shows. At 1 point I was using just the different background color to indicate copy protected shows and the normal expiration icons, but I seem to recall some color blind related complaints about that.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #5939
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Indeed, rebooting my Premiere and checking again all the "expectedDeletion" dates got changed to year 2038. So looks like the scheduler resets that property on reboot for each recording not set to KUID, at least for 20.3.1 Premiere software.
Glad I could contribute something. That behavior has been going on for so far back that I can't say for sure if it was always that way, or was introduced by a particular update. I have hundreds of SD recording set to KUID, which exacerbates the problem happening. Now, it would just be nice to know the exact reason for the behavior, as opposed to all my speculation on the why.

It's been that way for my HD units as well (all my TiVos are 2TB upgrades), but I did notice when viewing the NPL of a HD from a Premiere, that the HD units would display yellow ! for all recordings, while a direct check at the HD unit would not display them for all. This behavior DID begin a few Premiere updates back, and has remained since it was introduced.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #5940
mglutz

Quote:
Well, there can't be 2 icons in 1 table cell, so that would mean either having to add another column or not using copy protect icon for copy protected shows. At 1 point I was using just the different background color to indicate copy protected shows and the normal expiration icons, but I seem to recall some color blind related complaints about that.
Since the green and yellow seem to be acceptable colors, can you create new icons that add the copy protected 'slash' across the existing yellow and green icons.