TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #5011
BH9244

Yup right in front of me yet again. Thanks for your tolerence..
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #5012
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
You have to tell kmttg once per TiVo what the total disk space is, otherwise it just sums up total space used by shows. The tooltip tells you what to do under "Total Disk Space (GB)" field - enter the total space in GB and then press Enter to save it. For a 2TB unit the exact number in GB is 1827. For 1TB the number is ~ 915.
I'll mention that the current software (20.2.2.1) significantly over-reports the used space for some recordings (SD and 720p), so it's possible to "exceed" the total disk space.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #5013
caddyroger

Extra files using kmttg

I have the latest version of Kmttg installed. On certain programs it has 4 files in my folder. The names of them are as follows. It has a edl file 1 kb in size, a vprj file size 2 kb, a text document 1 kb in size and the main program file.
This only does on certain files. Why does does it do this?

Last edited by caddyroger : 03-09-2013 at 02:59 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #5014
caddyroger

kmttg_win32_tools_v0p9o.zip

A couple of days ago when I checked the kmttg down load folder it had this kmttg_win32_tools_v0p9o.zip at 27.8MBs and it had the v0p9o .zip at 1.8MB. Which one should be installed first the tool kit then the program or the other way around or does it matter which way.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #5015
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I have the latest version of Kmttg installed. On certain programs it has 4 files in my folder. The names of them are as follows. It has a edl file 1 kb in size, a vprj file size 2 kb, a text document 1 kb in size and the main program file.
This only does on certain files. Why does does it do this?
Sounds like cases where "Ad Detect" using comskip and/or the subsequent "Ad Cut" jobs may have failed or were interrupted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #5016
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
A couple of days ago when I checked the kmttg down load folder it had this kmttg_win32_tools_v0p9o.zip at 27.8MBs and it had the v0p9o .zip at 1.8MB. Which one should be installed first the tool kit then the program or the other way around or does it matter which way.
Probably easiest way to upgrade everything is:
1. Install kmttg_v0p9o.zip the usual way (as documented)
2. Remove the "tivodecode" folder wherever you installed step 1 if there is one there already.
3. When you start kmttg it will then automatically download the new tools and install them.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #5017
caddyroger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sounds like cases where "Ad Detect" using comskip and/or the subsequent "Ad Cut" jobs may have failed or were interrupted.
You was right I went back and check my auto configuration the 2 3 had the ad blocked checked. I do not how they got check but they are unchecked now.
Thanks for the help.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #5018
caddyroger

Quote:
Probably easiest way to upgrade everything is:
1. Install kmttg_v0p9o.zip the usual way (as documented)
2. Remove the "tivodecode" folder wherever you installed step 1 if there is one there already.
3. When you start kmttg it will then automatically download the new tools and install them.
Ok thanks

Last edited by caddyroger : 03-10-2013 at 09:39 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #5019
Soapm

Quote:
I think I know what your issue is. If you have a folder selected among the group of selected rows in the table then it messes things up. I'll have to look at fixing that but if you just turn off folders and then select all the shows you want to queue then it works as expected.
I will try this and report back. Thanks...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #5020
swerver

Would like to start using kmttg auto transfers for backing up shows from my tivo. What's the preferred method for viewing these recordings, using my tivo, after they've been processed by kmttg and sitting on a remote drive? Pytivo? Streambaby? Does kmttg do this itself? At the moment I'm not planning to convert them out of the native tivo format, other than decoding.

Another quick question - I want to use the KUID (keep until I delete) feature to tell kmttg what it should transfer. Once it's done, does it delete the original from my tivo, or do I do that manually? thanks all

Last edited by swerver : 03-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #5021
mattack

You delete it from your Tivo after downloading.

The Mac version of pyTivo has StreamBaby built in. The Tivos only have less than 1 gig of temp storage for streams, so if you're watching HD recordings, you'll probably hit that quickly. Even on SD recordings, I hit the limit at around 45 minutes of show.. so you have to go past that point and have it rebuffer.. It's useful sometimes…. but if I intend to WATCH the show (rather than skim through it which I do for some shows to find the part I want to keep, which is easier on the Tivo oftentimes), I will use pytivo and copy the recording via the Tivo's UI.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #5022
sanjonny

Is this related to the recent cookie stuff and/or am I the new guy receiving it today.
Earlier today everything kmttg worked fine now when I do NPL on my premiere I get

RPC error response: invalid credential
rpc Auth error - null

Every time. Worked fine this morning.....(versionO)
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #5023
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Is this related to the recent cookie stuff and/or am I the new guy receiving it today.
Earlier today everything kmttg worked fine now when I do NPL on my premiere I get

RPC error response: invalid credential
rpc Auth error - null

Every time. Worked fine this morning.....(versionO)
No, that's the "remote NPL" job trying to get information from the TiVo failing - so if you try and use the kmttg remote it is failing for some reason. If it keeps doing that try rebooting your premiere.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #5024
sanjonny

Quote:
No, that's the "remote NPL" job trying to get information from the TiVo failing - so if you try and use the kmttg remote it is failing for some reason. If it keeps doing that try rebooting your premiere.
Will do it, but what is weird is the remote functions work, just that error when refreshing replay guide. i restarted kmttg and it went away for a bit but then came back (then I went out so will try the reboot and report back
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #5025
moyekj

RPC remote & the Mini

Interesting findings for RPC Remote with the Mini (I posted over in Mini subforum):
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=502106

Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #5026
BH9244

Transfer Slow to Crawl and Fail

Installed recently and very happy with kmttg, starting yesterday every time I attempt to transfer it seems that the transfers slow to a crawl and evertually fail unfinished. Usually seems to transfer at 10.0 to 20.0 MBs now they seem to drop down to 0.4 or 0.9. Have reset both tivos no change nothing substantial going on in background on PC. If past history is any guide I have either missed something super obvious or already well documented but I'm stuck for the moment..
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #5027
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH9244 View Post
Installed recently and very happy with kmttg, starting yesterday every time I attempt to transfer it seems that the transfers slow to a crawl and evertually fail unfinished. Usually seems to transfer at 10.0 to 20.0 MBs now they seem to drop down to 0.4 or 0.9. Have reset both tivos no change nothing substantial going on in background on PC. If past history is any guide I have either missed something super obvious or already well documented but I'm stuck for the moment..
Things to consider (in priority order):
1. Don't install kmttg in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders in Windows.
2. Antivirus software may be causing problems.
3. If any part of the network between TiVo and your PC is wireless that could be suspect.
4. If currently using "curl" as transfer method switch over to "java downloads" in kmttg config->Program Options instead to see if it behaves any better.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #5028
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
1. Don't install kmttg in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders in Windows.
Maybe this was discussed at some point but what's the reasoning for that? I use it primarily on Linux but I'm pretty sure that on my Win7 box I have it under Program Files and haven't noticed any problems with it.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #5029
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Maybe this was discussed at some point but what's the reasoning for that? I use it primarily on Linux but I'm pretty sure that on my Win7 box I have it under Program Files and haven't noticed any problems with it.
Because starting with Vista Windows has locked down permissions tightly under those folders and it doesn't like programs writing there and many people use accounts without Administrator rights and so it causes all kinds of problems. With proper setup you can get it working, but it's just easier to install elsewhere and not deal with it.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #5030
lew

Commercial programs put files which are created/edited by the program in a sub directory in either the documents directory or the ApplicationData directory. Programs which aren't so configured are normally not put a ProgramFiles directory.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #5031
jcthorne

Feature Request

I use the 'Wont Record' tab on a regular basis to check for season pass recordings that will need to be moved to a different tivo on the network. Run this task 2 or 3 times a week, select the items that will not record anywhere and have kmttg send the recordings to a different tivo.

It would be great if this could be automated. IE a task that could run say, once a day and automaticly try to record on the next tivo in a user defined priority list. And notify the user when all attempts have failed.

Thoughts?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #5032
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Feature Request

I use the 'Wont Record' tab on a regular basis to check for season pass recordings that will need to be moved to a different tivo on the network. Run this task 2 or 3 times a week, select the items that will not record anywhere and have kmttg send the recordings to a different tivo.

It would be great if this could be automated. IE a task that could run say, once a day and automaticly try to record on the next tivo in a user defined priority list. And notify the user when all attempts have failed.

Thoughts?
I've thought about it and even started coding some logic for automatically resolving conflicts but quickly got bogged down on many issues. This kind of thing is a lot more easily solved by a human.

Note that since I added conflicts and upcoming recording indicators to "Season Passes" table I never find the need to use "Won't Record" tab anymore. It's much quicker and easier just to look at SP table for entries with pinkish background color towards the bottom of the list indicating conflicts, then using the "Conflicts" button to check on them to see if they will record on another TiVo else take action.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #5033
jcthorne

For me, using the season pass screen takes many more steps. Needing to click each pink line, check each for conficts and then fix if needed. And the SP page is many pages long.

The Wont record tab, program source conflict folder brings them all together and all can be resolved at once by selecting all items that are not resolved and telling kmttg to record them on another tivo. All done. Just seemed so simple and repetitive that programming could handle it. Guess not, or perhaps you were trying to resolve far more than I was suggesting.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #5034
moyekj

Quote:
The Wont record tab, program source conflict folder brings them all together and all can be resolved at once by selecting all items that are not resolved and telling kmttg to record them on another tivo. All done. Just seemed so simple and repetitive that programming could handle it. Guess not, or perhaps you were trying to resolve far more than I was suggesting.
I forgot that back in version v0p9k I added "Try scheduling on all TiVos" option to the Record button, so the code behind that could probably be leveraged for attempting to schedule shows currently in conflict (albeit with no real control over the TiVo order scheduling is attempted). Still not sure of a good way to fit it into kmttg. Perhaps a new batch mode run of kmttg that you can then setup a scheduler to run it periodically or would having a menu entry in the GUI be sufficient? Then there's also the question of what to do when conflicts can't be resolved.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #5035
jcthorne

I just figured it would run in loop mode like the auto transfers. Once a day would be fine by me but others may want a setting.

I have kmttg running full time on the same machine running pytivo, jukebox, vidmgr, videoredo, VAP and a download engine for usenet. Since none of that is very processor intensive, it all runs fine on an old laptop connected to my network. Used for network and NAS maintainance as well.

I suppose a background task might work better for some but not what I had in mind.

Never quite understood the use and effect of the 'try on all tivos'

Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #5036
moyekj

Quote:
Never quite understood the use and effect of the 'try on all tivos'
It will try scheduling on the currently selected TiVo and if that fails will move on down the list of all RPC enabled TiVos attempting to schedule on each until successful. i.e. Rather than trying to collect all the information from each TiVo and figure out an empty slot it's just a brute force try on multiple units until successful.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #5037
jcthorne

Quote:
It will try scheduling on the currently selected TiVo and if that fails will move on down the list of all RPC enabled TiVos attempting to schedule on each until successful. i.e. Rather than trying to collect all the information from each TiVo and figure out an empty slot it's just a brute force try on multiple units until successful.
Gee, so simple. No wonder I had trouble with it. Thanks for the explaination. Hope you figure a way to do some basic automation though. Even basic integration of SPs across Tivo units is something really needed and not even planned by Tivo that I can tell.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #5038
duftopia

Getting Tivo to vegas

I am using the Tivo Desktop software to convert my Tivo mpegs to standard mpegs, however Sony Vegas 11 pro loses the video and/or audio on many of the files I then try to read into it.

I know about kttg, pytivo but find that the PC desktop 2.8x that I paid good money for shoud have striped out the MAK drm and left a readable Mpeg file!

IS there a simple fix to this issues, I simply want to accumulate my week of colbert to dvd to watch on weekends when i have time!.

We are talking about SONY tivo to SONY desktop to SONY vaio to SONY vegas to SONY DVD+R's on a SONY dvd burner or my SONY blu-ray burner... For god sake you don't get more LOYAL then that! you would think they would have the decency to work with themselve, the only thing that is not SONY is the TV that the tivo plays on (thats a Samsung)

Duf
duftopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #5039
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by duftopia View Post
I am using the Tivo Desktop software to convert my Tivo mpegs to standard mpegs, however Sony Vegas 11 pro loses the video and/or audio on many of the files I then try to read into it.

I know about kttg, pytivo but find that the PC desktop 2.8x that I paid good money for shoud have striped out the MAK drm and left a readable Mpeg file!

IS there a simple fix to this issues, I simply want to accumulate my week of colbert to dvd to watch on weekends when i have time!.

We are talking about SONY tivo to SONY desktop to SONY vaio to SONY vegas to SONY DVD+R's on a SONY dvd burner or my SONY blu-ray burner... For god sake you don't get more LOYAL then that! you would think they would have the decency to work with themselve, the only thing that is not SONY is the TV that the tivo plays on (thats a Samsung)

Duf
To remove Tivo DRM, use TivoDecode, its free.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #5040
duftopia

No DRM issue, Loading to Vegas pro 11 ISSUE

The desktop pc software removes the DRM it loading the MPG file into vegas where I lose video or audio or sync or just get an error message telling me it can't be done!

Any software step to get this into vegas, or even just dvd architect!
duftopia is offline   Reply With Quote