TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #4681
elprice7345

Quote:
The situation:
•I search for a show in the Remote--> Search tab
•I select a row
•Click the WL button
•Enter my kewords and select Auto Record
I get the following errors:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.wlOptions.promptUser(wlOptions.java:120)
Tested and confirmed fixed.

Thanks moyekj!
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #4682
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
I get 'Bus error'.
So looks like we found the problem. The tivodecode binary doesn't run on your system.

Quote:
If I cd to /Applications/kmttg/tivodecode/ then 'ls' shows:
COPYING ChangeLog README tdcat tivodecode
While in that directory, if I type
'tivodecode -h'
I get 'command not found'.
You probably don't have "." in your path, so you would have to execute the following to do it that way:
./tivodecode -h

Quote:
Should I uninstall kmttg and the tools and start over again with the new version?
Don't think that would help as the root of the problem is tivodecode binary doesn't seem to run.

Only way to fix it would be to start with tivodecode source code and build a binary from there. Once/if you have gcc/g++ development tools installed for your system it's pretty trivial to do so. Basically:
Download source code:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/ti...0.3pre4.tar.gz
Then unzip, untar and build it from command line:
gunzip -c tivodecode-0.3pre4.tar.gz | tar xvf -
cd tivodecode-0.3pre4
./configure
make
make install

Then the resulting 'tivodecode' file in that directory is your binary to use for kmttg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-04-2013 at 09:01 AM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #4683
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

I've never built my own binaries, so I have some homework to do.

For now, I think I'll carry on just transferring the files off the TiVo, and transferring to the XP to decode. But I'm very happy with being able to use kmttg on the Mac, even if I'm only doing that one step. The transfers are much more robust than with TiVo Desktop on the XP (no surprise there).

Thanks very much for all your help.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #4684
moyekj

If you have to move to XP anyway, why not use kmttg on the XP for downloads as well?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #4685
nvt

Downloading but pausing the Post Processing Threads

Am I missing some setting or configuration that might allow for this
I tend to batch process my downloads and end up with a big queue. THe downloads typically occur without a problem but i I leave the application running and doing post processing (ad detect/remove, convert etc) the whole machine (Mac OS X Lion) will eventually crash and I have a hard time working out which files have been downloaded, which have been processed etc

So the feature/function I am looking for is to be abel to separate the download and processing and pause the post processing and then close everything down and be able to run these parts at another time (and importantly for me at least) when I am not even connected to my home network where the app can see the TiVo machines

I know it is possible to run the post processing with a command line (or at least I think it is) but I have not managed to work this out

Thanks,

Nick
Retired:
Series 2 (240and Dual Tuner 649)
nvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #4686
moyekj

Take a look at menu entries under File->Jobs. You can force all currently queued jobs not to launch, save all queued jobs to a file, then at a later time re-start kmttg and load them.

It's already possible to run kmttg outside your home network and interact with your TiVos (that's most often how I use kmttg). You have to have your router forward ports from WAN side to LAN side TiVos for it to work. More details in config Wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/configuring_kmttg
(However that won't accomplish what I think you want where you start something within your home network and then resume it later outside your home network).

Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #4687
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If you have to move to XP anyway, why not use kmttg on the XP for downloads as well?
Oh, I will, eventually. But we need to install a new hard disk in the desktop, so I've been holding off installing new software.

I figured it was better to get kmttg running somewhere, so I could become familiar with it, rather than not have it at all, and I had lots of space on the Mac's hard drive.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #4688
ShayL

Can I post a a feature request? In OSX Mountain Lion, Apple changed the sleep determination method: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/07/os-x-10-8/18/ It doesn't use the disk activity. Is it possible to incorporate these into KMTTG?
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #4689
mattack

kmttg downloaded the season premiere of "Rules of Engagement" as episode 703.. However, ON THE TIVO, it showed up as episode 701.

I have since deleted it from the Tivo, but I was never able to figure out why kmttg thought it was episode 703 and the Tivo thought it was 701.. In all detailed info (metadata downloaded and the extra info screen on the Tivo), the info seemed to match the # shown to me..

How did kmttg end up with a different episode # than the Tivo did?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #4690
lpwcomp

What kind of TiVo? If Premiere, HDUI or SDUI?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #4691
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
kmttg downloaded the season premiere of "Rules of Engagement" as episode 703.. However, ON THE TIVO, it showed up as episode 701.

I have since deleted it from the Tivo, but I was never able to figure out why kmttg thought it was episode 703 and the Tivo thought it was 701.. In all detailed info (metadata downloaded and the extra info screen on the Tivo), the info seemed to match the # shown to me..

How did kmttg end up with a different episode # than the Tivo did?
I see the same thing for that episode. The problem is the TiVo XML data does list EpisodeNumber as 703. i.e. If you recover from Recently Deleted and do an XML query you'll see it lists it as 703.
Code:
https://192.168.10.196/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying&Recurse=Yes
<EpisodeNumber>703</EpisodeNumber>

Also, if you switch to SDUI and push into program details you will see it actually shows Episode 703 as well (since it's using above data).

For that same episode using an RPC "recordingSearch" (with recordingId=tivo:rc.108269399 in my case) I do get back this correct info:
"episodeNum": [1]
"seasonNumber": 7

i.e. The HDUI shows the RPC data (which it obtains via web) while the SDUI/TTG uses the local TiVo database which in this case is wrong.

The RPC data is much more complete and seemingly more accurate. I do use the RPC data currently to supplement the local data that is not available. i.e. If the local data doesn't have EpisodeNumber then I use the RPC data. Perhaps when obtaining the RPC data I should always just override the local data such as EpisodeNumber.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #4692
elprice7345

Quote:
The RPC data is much more complete and seemingly more accurate. I do use the RPC data currently to supplement the local data that is not available. i.e. If the local data doesn't have EpisodeNumber then I use the RPC data. Perhaps when obtaining the RPC data I should always just override the local data such as EpisodeNumber.
Is this the same issue we sometimes have with episode numbers for Two and a Half Men?
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #4693
moyekj

I've seen quite a few inconsistencies between local data and RPC data. Another example of an annoyance is SyFy "Continuum". The local data has EpisodeNumber as 4 digits, 1 for season number & 3 for episode number. Thus season 1, episode 1 is 1001. That's annoying because it's not consistent since for most other shows it's just 3 digits. I make EpisodeNumber from RPC data as non-zero padded integer for season # and zero-padded 2 digit integer for episode #. It would be OK if TiVo always used zero-padded 3 digit number for EpisodeNumber in local data, but they don't.

To further mess things up I have seen cases where RPC data is missing season & episode information, so if I do choose to override local data with RPC data and apply my above rule for making EpisodeNumber then that could result in inconsistencies for cases when RPC data is missing. I saw that recently where Continuum episode 3 didn't have season and episode data in RPC but other episodes did. So then if I override local data I would have had 101, 102, 1003 and 104 as EpisodeNumber for for my 4 recordings of Continuum.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #4694
LynnL999

I hope this isn't a deeply stupid question. But would it be possible to make the season pass list exportable to tab-delimited text, or even an Excel file? (If this is already possible, that would be the deeply stupid part...)
LynnL999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #4695
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnL999 View Post
I hope this isn't a deeply stupid question. But would it be possible to make the season pass list exportable to tab-delimited text, or even an Excel file? (If this is already possible, that would be the deeply stupid part...)
Not a stupid question. Currently no, but easy enough to add for next release as another button say called "Export". Probably csv format (comma-separated-value file) makes the most sense since it can be opened directly by Excel or other such programs.
Note that you can save to a file right now and re-load in kmttg at any time if the goal is just to have a visual backup of your season passes.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #4696
DirectViewer

Where is pyTivo?

I'm afraid this one might indeed qualify as a dumb question...

The pop-up help for the optional "push" step references pyTivo, but I couldn't find it in the win32_tools. Is it a commercial program like VideoRedo?
DirectViewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #4697
ShayL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectViewer View Post

The pop-up help for the optional "push" step references pyTivo, but I couldn't find it in the win32_tools. Is it a commercial program like VideoRedo?
It is an open-source application: http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/PyTivo
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #4698
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectViewer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayL View Post
It is an open-source application: http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/PyTivo
It also has its very own thread in the TCF - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ghlight=pyTivo

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #4699
LynnL999

Quote:
Not a stupid question. Currently no, but easy enough to add for next release as another button say called "Export". Probably csv format (comma-separated-value file) makes the most sense since it can be opened directly by Excel or other such programs.
I would love to have the export capability. Thanks very much for considering it!
LynnL999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #4700
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnL999 View Post
I would love to have the export capability. Thanks very much for considering it!
It was very easy to implement so already checked in for next release.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #4701
mattack

Quote:
You obviously know a lot more about this than I do.. But just from this, it sounds like using the RPC data is better.

If you REALLY want to be fancy, and if it's possible, you could use the local data if it's not on a Premiere and use RPC if it's on a Premiere, so what they download matches what they see in the Tivo UI when they downloaded it.. But that's probably not absolutely necessary.

If there's some valid reason someone else might want the local data, having an Advanced checkbox that defaults to on (for RPC) that they could change if they wanted to would help ultra geeks.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #4702
mattack

BTW, I have another question…

I have some shows that are truncated when kmttg downloads them. Usually because there's a glitch at that point. Is there *no* way that kmttg can download the full recording *with* the glitch?

I don't have proof, but I sure thought in the past (before I had done significant downloading), that I was able to transfer such a glitched recording BETWEEN my (now dead) OLED S3 and TivoHD.. but when trying to download to computer, it would be truncated. (This was before kmttg, or at least before I used it, IIRC… But AFAIK most of the tools use the same mechanism.. except perhaps transferring BETWEEN tivos.)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #4703
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvt View Post
So the feature/function I am looking for is to be abel to separate the download and processing and pause the post processing and then close everything down and be able to run these parts at another time (and importantly for me at least) when I am not even connected to my home network where the app can see the TiVo machines

Thanks,

Nick
Just wanted to note that I have asked for the same feature a few times, for different but similar reasons. Basically so I could download all the shows and process them later (in my case, because my processor is burning hot encoding outside of kmttg). Because of the linear way that kmttg currently processes, it will not start the next download if you pause the jobs list from encoding, qsfixing or whatever.

It is possible I think to add the task in individually to download in order and then do everything (maybe, I have not actually tried that) but I know I would then forget stuff or whatever)

I would also like to be able to reorder the job queue at times, but I understand how that could cause problems if you screwed up, like qsfixing after ad-detecting or whatever, but there are often times I would like to process a show in different order than what I initially added to the queue.

Generally that happens when say I am downloading/processing several shows, but then forgot that a show I wanted to have priority (I am ADD after all) is on and I want to process that one before everything else, but you cannot really do that, because you cannot reorder the queue.

So you could save everything, then delete the stuff in the queue, then start the new show, then add back in all the stuff you deleted after that finishes (because you cannot add saved jobs if there is currently anything in the queue) or you can manually add them back if you don't want to wait for the new show to process and clear to add the saved stuff in the queue.

So the short version of all that, it would be nice to be able to have downloads have a separate pause jobs priority or whatever and it would be nice to be able to reorder the queue (though that is likely to be much more of a headache to have work and not cause problems) I think the download part might be easier to program.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #4704
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I don't have proof, but I sure thought in the past (before I had done significant downloading), that I was able to transfer such a glitched recording BETWEEN my (now dead) OLED S3 and TivoHD.. but when trying to download to computer, it would be truncated. (This was before kmttg, or at least before I used it, IIRC… But AFAIK most of the tools use the same mechanism.. except perhaps transferring BETWEEN tivos.)
TTG downloads involve a LOT more than MRV/MRS which is why historically they have been so slow. There's decrypt, demux, remux, re-encrypt happening which can be pretty CPU intensive for the host TiVo and which glitches can break. MRV/MRS on the other hand are pretty much a straight byte copy from 1 TiVo to another.
Note that you can emulate an MRV transfer by adding &Format=video/x-tivo-raw-tts at the end of a download URL and chances are a show that otherwise would not download completely because of a glitch will work when downloaded that way (plus it downloads a lot faster). However it's academic and doesn't help you because you get an encrypted file that tivodecode, VRD, etc. can't decrypt.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #4705
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
TTG downloads involve a LOT more than MRV/MRS which is why historically they have been so slow. There's decrypt, demux, remux, re-encrypt happening which can be pretty CPU intensive for the host TiVo and which glitches can break. MRV/MRS on the other hand are pretty much a straight byte copy from 1 TiVo to another.
Note that you can emulate an MRV transfer by adding &Format=video/x-tivo-raw-tts at the end of a download URL and chances are a show that otherwise would not download completely because of a glitch will work when downloaded that way (plus it downloads a lot faster). However it's academic and doesn't help you because you get an encrypted file that tivodecode, VRD, etc. can't decrypt.
AKA TS Stream?
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #4706
mattack

So basically you're saying I'm screwed?

Or can I download them like that and at least put them back on a TiVo later?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #4707
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

If you are thinking about downloading a glitched recording as 1 file, then there isn't a practical way and have it decode, encode, etc.

As a 2 file download, its possible.
Download to glitch point, then pause at a point a few frames past the glitch, refresh KMTTG, (don't forget to rename 1st file slightly, so it won't get overwritten.), check "Resume Download" and continue. (repeat as needed.)

On a Windows PC, the files can be rejoined using VideoReDo.

Not sure if its possible to re-join on a Mac.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #4708
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
AKA TS Stream?
No. TS streams are "&Format=video/x-tivo-mpeg-ts". The other one as the name implies is closer to a raw TiVo stream. And no, those can't be transferred back to a TiVo using HMO/pyTivo/TiVo Desktop. (It's possible perhaps a PC masquerading as another TiVo such that it hands it off as an MRV transfer to a receiving TiVo may work, but that hasn't been done AFAIK).

Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #4709
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

There's a program called "tivoserver" that fakes MRV, but it depends on the TiVo having had its encryption disabled. I don't think anyone's made it work with an unhacked TiVo.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #4710
jeff92k7

I have a simple kmttg question about encoding profiles. It is very possible that this question has been asked before, but I don't really want to sift through the last 158 pages of this thread.

I would like to figure out which encoding profile will work the best for the following:

1. keep same resolution - if 720p show, then encode to h.264 at 720p. If 1080i show, then encode h.264 at 1080p
2. if 1080i source, deinterlace to 1080p.
3. keeps audio at AC3 with original channel count (passthrough)

Output files will be loaded into iTunes, so they need to be m4v or mp4 files.

I have tried ff_h264_high_rate which keeps the resolution, but does not deinterlace 1080p content, and hb_appletv2 which kept the same resolution but compresses it so much that it's unwatchable. I couldn't tell if the handbrake preset properly deinterlaced the content due to the extreme compression. the whole 3.1GB 30 minute show compressed down to 300MB and was nothing but macroblocks due to the extreme compression

Any suggestions?
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote