TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #3541
Hercules67
TiVo addict

I have a question about VideoRedo:

Do I run QS Fix in VideoRedo or in VAP? ie, through KMTTG or afterwards? the reason I ask, is because right now, I am running VideoRedo as a trial which will expire. But if I don't need it, and can run QS Fix in VAP, then I can uncheck QS Fix in KMTTG?

Please explain so a noob can understand. Thanks.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #3542
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
I have a question about VideoRedo:

Do I run QS Fix in VideoRedo or in VAP? ie, through KMTTG or afterwards? the reason I ask, is because right now, I am running VideoRedo as a trial which will expire. But if I don't need it, and can run QS Fix in VAP, then I can uncheck QS Fix in KMTTG?

Please explain so a noob can understand. Thanks.
QSfix is part of vidredo, so you have to pay for it. I personally have never tried VAP as almost everything I need to do can be done thru kmttg, so why add another layer of complexity. As I am understanding more, I think kmttg can pull almost anything else so no real need for me to go to vap anyway (at least yet) Scroll back and read again about how I do my vids, one combined step is download, generate metadata, decrypt, qstream and adscan. Then open manually for commercial check each file (whenever I get around to it) then thru files menu deselect all the boxes but adcut, and have kmttg run adcut on everything and move it to the folder where I want it.

For me no VAP involved yet, and hopefully, I can add custom commands via encode or postprocessing to do everything else I end up doing.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #3543
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
If streambaby and xvids work fine for you, then by all means use them. They work for many. Its obvious from your response that you are using DVD and SD video. Once you move to BluRay and HD material both xvid and streambaby will become FAR less useful.

WAF is Wife Acceptance Factor, a term used pretty frequently in these discussions of home theater equipment. For me, and I suspect most on this forum, this is a hobby. For my wife, its the home theater and it should 'just work'. It does. All the tinkering goes on in the background. The part she and guests see is polished and works. Every time.

My comment was with regard to streambaby needed to stop and rebuffer after every 1GB of transfer. For a BluRay movie, that can be every 10 minutes. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

You are correct my server is not a high powered pc. Power consumption alone does not allow that in my home. Ours is a Syology NAS and an old low power (35w) laptop. I wish the NAS could do it all on its own but I ran into roadblocks for music and Usenet. If the laptop is necessary, I keep it busy. The NAS maintains the 18Tb RAID array but I run nothing else on it. I should.

Your idea about kmttg doing the lookups and file naming was previously suggested and dismissed by moyekj the author. Its his project. VAP takes over and does it.
Out of curiosity, what is the waf error you talked about earlier? I guess I don't use it enough to see it.

I do stream HD content back to the tivo, actually that is the only thing I stream back, as everything else is STB world and it is only one tv where I use streambaby to send content (since no stb), but it is almost always HD from another tivo sent to the computer. No bluray cause I don't own one and we don't watch dvds on that.

Unfortunately, the way tivo community has this thread, it is hard to find what has been suggested or not and what the response is because of how this forum handles it. Really based on the huge length of this thread, it should be a sticky and several sub forums under it with suggestions, bugs, tips and all kinds of other stuff.

But it's not so oh well, At least it has been considered. I don't know if moyekj would rather have people use the google source page more for that or if the board admins would change this thread into its own forum, but it would definitely make it easier for newer users to learn first of all how great this program is and all the tricks to make it work for them earlier. In just the last week, I have found/learned a few things I have been wondering about for over a year working with video files that just happened to come up.

Unfortunately, it seems the tivo world likes these huge long threads vs structured forum style, as I often see this type of thing (relating to chip mods and other stuff or basically any cool tivo tricks) it just seems to be how it is. I don't quite know why, but much different than replay world that I came from mostly or even say nextprv.

It also seems that some owners get really cranky when people ask questions and say use search or read the threads or whatever ( I know I ran into that alot in the beginning of tivo ownership) which I understand because they see the same questions over and over again, but search doesn't always find it and if you have owned a tivo for 10 years, you have read the whole thread, if you just got one two weeks ago and are trying to learn, it is really frustrating. In this thread back in the 80s or so, you can see where I came into it and experience some of the same stuff Hercules is going thru now.

Anyway, this comment is getting away from me, i will get off my soapbox again, just a comment and thought. I LOVE kmttg and am willing to help anyone with what I know, I do the same in replay world, and I understand where a new user coming in can be lost or just not know what has been suggested or limitations of the program till they find them.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #3544
sanjonny

speaking of learning new things - JCthorne, what is vidmgr and harmonium, i cant even find anything on harmonium after internet search. I am guessing maybe some kind of jukebox program?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #3545
cburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
speaking of learning new things - JCthorne, what is vidmgr and harmonium, i cant even find anything on harmonium after internet search. I am guessing maybe some kind of jukebox program?
http://code.google.com/p/harmonium/ - music playback
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #3546
jcthorne

Yes, Harmonium is a music server app that runs in java and serves music and high res menus, album art etc to the tivo. It runs on platforms other than pc, but I was never able to get it to run on my Synology NAS under linux. I run it on a pc under winxp (my low power laptop that does home server duties)

vidmgr is an add on for pytivo and pyhme. It serves up video, sorted and categorized any way you like with full hd menus, movie art and film info. Check out this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=468466

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #3547
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
QSfix is part of vidredo, so you have to pay for it. I personally have never tried VAP as almost everything I need to do can be done thru kmttg, so why add another layer of complexity. As I am understanding more, I think kmttg can pull almost anything else so no real need for me to go to vap anyway (at least yet) Scroll back and read again about how I do my vids, one combined step is download, generate metadata, decrypt, qstream and adscan. Then open manually for commercial check each file (whenever I get around to it) then thru files menu deselect all the boxes but adcut, and have kmttg run adcut on everything and move it to the folder where I want it.

For me no VAP involved yet, and hopefully, I can add custom commands via encode or postprocessing to do everything else I end up doing.
sanjonny,

I did not find the POST you describe where you talk about how you process your vids. I know in the last 3 pages you talked about it some, and I gleaned a general understanding of what you do, BUT I am confused on whether you use VideoRedo or not. In this post, you seem to say not, yet in a following post, you suggest that you do.

What is the best strategy?

Last night I run a batch of "Covert Affairs" episodes, I was behind on through the decoder and ad detect. When I opened them in VDR, I saw no marks. SO, I re-run Ad Detect. The manual detection (visually), went pretty fast, and I was able to preserve the end credits (which I want to). Then I re-batch them through KMTTG to re-encode. I renamed them with MetaGenerator 3. Everything else I tried to rename with failed miserably, either due to my ineptitude, or because I don't have enough info to use the tool.

Overall, the experience was successful. I need to know:

1) Can this be done without QSFix?
2) Can this be done without VideoRedo?
3) If yes, with WHAT?
4) If not, how do I get the BETA version of VideoRedo to overwrite my regularly installed version of VDR, and do I still need a key for IT? I guess I need to buy VDR...

Thanks sanjonny!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #3548
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
sanjonny,

I did not find the POST you describe where you talk about how you process your vids. I know in the last 3 pages you talked about it some, and I gleaned a general understanding of what you do, BUT I am confused on whether you use VideoRedo or not. In this post, you seem to say not, yet in a following post, you suggest that you do.

What is the best strategy?

Last night I run a batch of "Covert Affairs" episodes, I was behind on through the decoder and ad detect. When I opened them in VDR, I saw no marks. SO, I re-run Ad Detect. The manual detection (visually), went pretty fast, and I was able to preserve the end credits (which I want to). Then I re-batch them through KMTTG to re-encode. I renamed them with MetaGenerator 3. Everything else I tried to rename with failed miserably, either due to my ineptitude, or because I don't have enough info to use the tool.

3) If yes, with WHAT?
4) If not, how do I get the BETA version of VideoRedo to overwrite my regularly installed version of VDR, and do I still need a key for IT? I guess I need to buy VDR...

Thanks sanjonny!
When you run the ad-detect, it creates a small file with a .vprj extension, opening that in VideoReDo will produce the ad detect marks and open the video.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #3549
sanjonny

Quote:
sanjonny,

3) If yes, with WHAT?

Thanks sanjonny!
I use vidredo and qsfix which is part of vidredo. I process most everything (non tivo HD and replaympg files too) thru kmttg in the manner noted.

You cannot qsfix without vidredo, though there are other ways to accomplish this which basically fixes audio sync issues and a few other things (mainly that vidredo cannot handle multiple dimensions say 1900x1200 and 1280 x 720 in the same file so it forces all video to one stream for processing)

You can use the free comskip and adcut but I found it is just worth the money to use videoredo, I didn't want to spend the money as you can do it all with public tools, but I did just to make life easier. Also they used to be on the ffmpeg list of shame for violation of their license, don't know if that is still the case or not, but anyway that is another discussion.

Scroll back a few pages and then a few pages more and look at kmttg window while reading the process I use and it might make more sense. My next post is related to something that might be a bug but since you are starting out might confuse you, so you might just skip over it to keep your sanity.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #3550
sanjonny

Issues with multiple copies of kmttg

At moyekj's suggestion, I have set up a few copies of kmttg to run different scripts to process h264 ts and M2ts files. Some interesting stuff has happened as a result.

First off, I do not run them at the same time, but one after the other. One setup is named kmttg TIVO and another KMTTG 1212-TS.

I have edited the scripts within the scripts directory on each kmttg setup as discusssed before to process the various file types. This is not without a couple of issues but I have it working for the three major types I deal with.

I also have both version 3 and 4 of vidredo on my computer just to help me see differently which one I am running for the time being. vers 3 processes tivo files and 4 for TS and m2ts.

But the problem is, settings from the previous instance are retained, sometimes just for a short while and sometimes till reboot.

For example, I run the tivo version and process my files as normal it opens version 3 and runs fine.

Then I close out tivo version and open TS kmttg version. When it gets to actually processing the files, it might still call the version 3 vidredo even though its configuration should pull up version 4.

It seems to run the correct script most of the time but I have once or twice had it pull the wrong script too, being I want the ts script in kmttg-ts\vrdscripts but it might pull the one in kmttg\vrdscripts instead which would try and convert the TS file to mpg in its output and takes forever because of the encoding.

More likely is that it will pull the wrong version of vidredo even though the command line will say it is pulling version 3 it pulls version 4

example:

Launching queued jobs enabled. Resuming normal job processing.
>> Running adcut on E:\tivo recordings\mpg\American Experience - We Shall Remain Tecumsehs Vision (00-11_14_2011).mpg ...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\adcut.vbs "E:\tivo recordings\mpg\American Experience - We Shall Remain Tecumsehs Vision (00-11_14_2011).VPrj" "e:\tivo recordings\cut\American Experience - We Shall Remain Tecumsehs Vision (00-11_14_2011).mpg" /l:C:\DOCUME~1\JONATH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VRDLock7398823451552004 268.tmp /m
Launching queued jobs disabled. Queued jobs will not be launched.
Launching queued jobs enabled. Resuming normal job processing.
Launching queued jobs disabled. Queued jobs will not be launched.
adcut job completed: 0:17:34
---DONE--- job=adcut output=e:\tivo recordings\cut\American Experience - We Shall Remain Tecumsehs Vision (00-11_14_2011).mpg
(Deleted vprj file: E:\tivo recordings\mpg\American Experience - We Shall Remain Tecumsehs Vision (00-11_14_2011).VPrj)
(Deleted mpeg file: E:\tivo recordings\mpg\American Experience - We Shall Remain Tecumsehs Vision (00-11_14_2011).mpg)

This is the correct behavior, but then say I closed that and tried to process a kmttg-ts file for adcut, it might still open vidredo version 3 which is in the memory or registry I guess even though the kmttg-ts configuration is set to open and use the version 4 which is in a different directory.

The problem is usually using the wrong vidredo, but since vers 3 doesn't run h264, then it will error our until I can convince kmttg to use the correct version of videoredo.

I hope that isn't too confusing, essentially it mostly calls the correct scripts but it sometimes calls the incorrect program
vidredo 3 is in Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite Directory and vers 4 in \Program Files\VideoReDoTVSuite 4 directory.

It might be that the errors go away if I just pointed both versions to the 4 directory but the problems seems to be it not respecting the configured location for each instance of kmttg. Again, they are not running at the same time, but one after another.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #3551
innocentfreak

I don't use suggestions so not a big deal for me, but I found if you copy season passes using KMTTG from one TiVo to another it doesn't seem to apply any thumbs ratings. I noticed this on my Elite last night that most of my season passes don't have a thumbs up.

Just wanted to give a heads up to those who use suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #3552
moyekj

Quote:
I also have both version 3 and 4 of vidredo on my computer just to help me see differently which one I am running for the time being. vers 3 processes tivo files and 4 for TS and m2ts.

But the problem is, settings from the previous instance are retained, sometimes just for a short while and sometimes till reboot.
That's actually a VideoRedo issue. For COM jobs VideoRedo registers the last VRD that you run GUI for, so if you have more than 1 version of VRD installed that creates issues. i.e. If last time VRD you ran was version 3 then COM will use version 3 next time you invoke from kmttg. Note that version 4 of VRD should be superset of version 3, so you should just use version 4 for everything.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #3553
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That's actually a VideoRedo issue. For COM jobs VideoRedo registers the last VRD that you run GUI for, so if you have more than 1 version of VRD installed that creates issues. i.e. If last time VRD you ran was version 3 then COM will use version 3 next time you invoke from kmttg. Note that version 4 of VRD should be superset of version 3, so you should just use version 4 for everything.
That makes sense. I was trying to keep them separate mostly so I visually could tell what each was doing when looking up and trying different things but now that I know what causes it, I will just switch it all to 4.

Going back a little to the adcut, I have parsed thru the script as far as I can understand, but am guessing the reason it renamed the file to mpg even though it is using the proper encoding/cutting format, is probably related to something onthe backend cscript command or a setting for locked files that I cannot change to the correct file. It is no big deal to rename the file to the proper container, but isthere a specific command you can think of off the top ofyour head that I can change or setting to have it basically follow whatever encoding to the right extension? don't have the code in front of me, but on output file does the argument need to be say output.filetype 7 to get the proper extension instead of outputfiletype 1 or whatever? I ask because I think I could modify the script to detect via extension of input to change the encode setting so I could use the same kmttg setup for all three types, just in my custom scripts for qsfix and adscan it do a check on the input filename and then set the output encode setting. For example if I have three files in kmttg and have one with mpg extension, my modified version of your scripts would make it so it automatically sets the encode to mpeg-2, and if the second file is .ts then my qsfix would check that and set it to h264 transport stream, and then do the same for adcut, extension check and then encode change.

I know it might not be able to do that because of how you backend process things, but was wondering if it is possible and if you could help a bit with the commands I need to look at. I have some programming knowledge butit is dusty obviously.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #3554
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
I use vidredo and qsfix which is part of vidredo. I process most everything (non tivo HD and replaympg files too) thru kmttg in the manner noted.

You cannot qsfix without vidredo, though there are other ways to accomplish this which basically fixes audio sync issues and a few other things (mainly that vidredo cannot handle multiple dimensions say 1900x1200 and 1280 x 720 in the same file so it forces all video to one stream for processing)

You can use the free comskip and adcut but I found it is just worth the money to use videoredo, I didn't want to spend the money as you can do it all with public tools, but I did just to make life easier. Also they used to be on the ffmpeg list of shame for violation of their license, don't know if that is still the case or not, but anyway that is another discussion.

Scroll back a few pages and then a few pages more and look at kmttg window while reading the process I use and it might make more sense. My next post is related to something that might be a bug but since you are starting out might confuse you, so you might just skip over it to keep your sanity.
Sorry, still could not find it. But thanks for the help.

As for VRD, I thought the Beta version of 4 would re-install over 3, but it hasn't?

So how do I force VRD to use version 4?
Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #3555
moyekj

Quote:
Going back a little to the adcut, I have parsed thru the script as far as I can understand, but am guessing the reason it renamed the file to mpg even though it is using the proper encoding/cutting format, is probably related to something onthe backend cscript command or a setting for locked files that I cannot change to the correct file. It is no big deal to rename the file to the proper container, but isthere a specific command you can think of off the top ofyour head that I can change or setting to have it basically follow whatever encoding to the right extension? don't have the code in front of me, but on output file does the argument need to be say output.filetype 7 to get the proper extension instead of outputfiletype 1 or whatever? I ask because I think I could modify the script to detect via extension of input to change the encode setting so I could use the same kmttg setup for all three types, just in my custom scripts for qsfix and adscan it do a check on the input filename and then set the output encode setting. For example if I have three files in kmttg and have one with mpg extension, my modified version of your scripts would make it so it automatically sets the encode to mpeg-2, and if the second file is .ts then my qsfix would check that and set it to h264 transport stream, and then do the same for adcut, extension check and then encode change.

I know it might not be able to do that because of how you backend process things, but was wondering if it is possible and if you could help a bit with the commands I need to look at. I have some programming knowledge butit is dusty obviously.
kmttg passes arguments to the scripts which defines the input and output file names. The flow was all designed based on .TiVo/mpeg2 files as inputs which is why it's the way it is. You could modify the output file name inside the script, however that would result in kmttg complaining about adcut step failing since it would not see the intended file name created. I think I gave an example already of how you could use an encoding profile or "custom" task to do the file renaming which is still an option.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #3556
cweb

If one is going to download and decrypt Tivo files and plans to leave them in mpg format for purposes of uploading them back to the Tivo (and maybe using them with Streambaby) is there any benefit to still QSfixing them?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #3557
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
If one is going to download and decrypt Tivo files and plans to leave them in mpg format for purposes of uploading them back to the Tivo (and maybe using them with Streambaby) is there any benefit to still QSfixing them?
No.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #3558
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
No.
Another quick question about QSFix:

What is the best stage to use QS Fix? Can you use it at multiple stages (like after you decrypt)?
Old 11-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #3559
sanjonny

Quote:
Another quick question about QSFix:

What is the best stage to use QS Fix? Can you use it at multiple stages (like after you decrypt)?
Best to do it before any other processing. Which is why in the flow of kmttg it comes right after decrypt. On another note, not sure about this but I think maybe if you qsfix a TiVo file it will not play back correctly on the TiVo.i might be wrong, it might be that way on the replaytv instead but I seem to remember it. It will play fine as a mpg file but lose the TiVo info unless you have it set up to create and handle it another way.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #3560
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Best to do it before any other processing. Which is why in the flow of kmttg it comes right after decrypt. On another note, not sure about this but I think maybe if you qsfix a TiVo file it will not play back correctly on the TiVo.i might be wrong, it might be that way on the replaytv instead but I seem to remember it. It will play fine as a mpg file but lose the TiVo info unless you have it set up to create and handle it another way.
I have QS Fixed some files and then made them into mpg --> mp4 flavor. I am seeing some glitches.

IF instead I go, QS Fix, then mpg --> AVI (XVID) I see no artifacts, which is another reason why I am liking AVI.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #3561
sanjonny

Quote:
kmttg passes arguments to the scripts which defines the input and output file names. The flow was all designed based on .TiVo/mpeg2 files as inputs which is why it's the way it is. You could modify the output file name inside the script, however that would result in kmttg complaining about adcut step failing since it would not see the intended file name created. I think I gave an example already of how you could use an encoding profile or "custom" task to do the file renaming which is still an option.
Got it, I was basically wondering if I could change it via the script with some argument I just didn't know or if it was in the basic programming so you answered that for me. I remember your suggestion, I am just always the kid who asks why because it helps me understand better.

I used to program in the old days (I bet I am older than most TiVo users) but never got around to the new tools and arguments and such, so I have slight interest in how it works but not enough time to learn a whole new programming language or even dust off the old cobwebs in the past. Maybe someday I will get to learn java, it seems so helpful, but similar to Linux, I just don't know it and that is life I guess. On another note, I see the goodness of Linux but the different arguments for different distributions makes me tear my hair out (as anyone who also reads the deal database posts will see me currently complaining about).
Thanks for your help and response as always.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #3562
sanjonny

Quote:
I have QS Fixed some files and then made them into mpg --> mp4 flavor. I am seeing some glitches.

IF instead I go, QS Fix, then mpg --> AVI (XVID) I see no artifacts, which is another reason why I am liking AVI.
The glitches are probably processing power on the machine doing the conversion, which can cause the issue. Hence why I mostly use avi/xvid even though it is a bit larger. Are you using vidredo to convert to mp4 because I think other tools do it better, like video.net. Try the same file you are getting glitches on in video.net to convert and see if it still has the glitches. Also some set top boxes don't handle it so well or are very picky about the audio format, mostly because it is new and the apple connection vs xvid which wad kinda the standard till recently.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #3563
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Disk Usage Issue?

I updated to the latest kmttg version on my PC but I'm still not able to get the Disk Usage display to show free space (blue color). The entire display is yellow unless I also have a "save until I delete" show in which case that portion is green and the rest yellow. Is this a known issue?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #3564
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
I updated to the latest kmttg version on my PC but I'm still not able to get the Disk Usage display to show free space (blue color). The entire display is yellow unless I also have a "save until I delete" show in which case that portion is green and the rest yellow. Is this a known issue?
Have you installed a larger than stock drive in your TiVo and have you so informed kmttg?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #3565
moyekj

Quote:
You have to enter your total disk space available at the top of the Disk Usage window and then press enter.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #3566
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
The glitches are probably processing power on the machine doing the conversion, which can cause the issue. Hence why I mostly use avi/xvid even though it is a bit larger. Are you using vidredo to convert to mp4 because I think other tools do it better, like video.net. Try the same file you are getting glitches on in video.net to convert and see if it still has the glitches. Also some set top boxes don't handle it so well or are very picky about the audio format, mostly because it is new and the apple connection vs xvid which wad kinda the standard till recently.
Got it. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #3567
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Have you installed a larger than stock drive in your TiVo and have you so informed kmttg?
Quote:
You have to enter your total disk space available at the top of the Disk Usage window and then press enter.
Ok, I see that it only thinks I have a drive the size of what is currently in use. If I enter the actual size it shows the amount free, but then it forgets once I leave the program. Not too helpful.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #3568
moyekj

Quote:
Ok, I see that it only thinks I have a drive the size of what is currently in use. If I enter the actual size it shows the amount free, but then it forgets once I leave the program. Not too helpful.
That's not the proper behavior. Once you enter it once it saves it to config.ini under <diskSpace> key so you don't have to enter it again. Works for me for all 3 of my Tivos and I have never heard any others complain it doesn't behave that way.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #3569
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Did you press the enter key after typing in you disk space number?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #3570
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
That's not the proper behavior. Once you enter it once it saves it to config.ini under <diskSpace> key so you don't have to enter it again. Works for me for all 3 of my Tivos and I have never heard any others complain it doesn't behave that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Did you press the enter key after typing in you disk space number?
Ok, found the problem. I put the folder in "Program Files x86" so it didn't have permission to update the configuration file. Now it works as expected. Thanks for giving me an idea of what to look for.