TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #3361
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by resildoc View Post
Thanks-I saved the wishlist etc. from the old tivo to network, the new tivo works fine, enabled network based remote controls on the new one, kmttg sees the new tivo, but when I load the sp/wishlist file, and highlight them to copy to the new tivo I get the "rpc remote-connection timed out connect." What am I missing here? Thanks as always folks. Joel.
Are other tabs working with the new TiVo such as Info, Guide, Search, Remote?
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #3362
resildoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Are other tabs working with the new TiVo such as Info, Guide, Search, Remote?
No-When I hit those tabs I get the same message.
resildoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #3363
moyekj

Quote:
No-When I hit those tabs I get the same message.
Well, check again that you have the network remote setting enabled for the new TiVo. Are you able to get Now Playing List from it and download shows from it at least? (That verifies the IP for it in kmttg is set correctly and can be reached).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #3364
resildoc

Quote:
Well, check again that you have the network remote setting enabled for the new TiVo. Are you able to get Now Playing List from it and download shows from it at least? (That verifies the IP for it in kmttg is set correctly and can be reached).
Verified network remote settings are enabled on the Tivo. Not connecting at all. I am absolutely perplexed, as the tivo seems to be working fine. Any help is so very appreciated. Joel.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #3365
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Verified network remote settings are enabled on the Tivo. Not connecting at all. I am absolutely perplexed, as the tivo seems to be working fine. Any help is so very appreciated. Joel.
Did you go to Tivo.com and login to your account, Under DVR Preferences, check the boxes for TRANSFERS and DOWNLOADS for each Tivo box? It may take up to a day to get enabled and get a Media Access Key.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #3366
moyekj

Quote:
My guess is then kmttg has wrong IP for it or you have a network issue. Do you have a static IP set for the new TiVo or have the router locked to assign same IP for it even if you are using DHCP?

Open a "cmd" window in Windows and see if you can ping the IP # that kmttg is using:
i.e. ping 192.168.xxx.xxx

If you can't ping the unit then either you have wrong IP or network problem.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #3367
resildoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Did you go to Tivo.com and login to your account, Under DVR Preferences, check the boxes for TRANSFERS and DOWNLOADS for each Tivo box? It may take up to a day to get enabled and get a Media Access Key.
Only have one tivo box, but yes verified that those boxes on the tivo site were indeed checked.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #3368
resildoc

Quote:
My guess is then kmttg has wrong IP for it or you have a network issue. Do you have a static IP set for the new TiVo or have the router locked to assign same IP for it even if you are using DHCP?

Open a "cmd" window in Windows and see if you can ping the IP # that kmttg is using:
i.e. ping 192.168.xxx.xxx

If you can't ping the unit then either you have wrong IP or network problem.
four pings to the ip successfully completed, no data loss.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #3369
moyekj

Quote:
four pings to the ip successfully completed, no data loss.
Until you can actually get Now Playing List and download shows from the TiVo I wouldn't expect the iPad protocol to work either. I assume you've tried rebooting the TiVo as well just in case? If the TiVo is brand new it sometimes takes over 48 hours for TTG, MRV etc. to become functional after you've enabled it via tivo.com website.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #3370
resildoc

Quote:
Until you can actually get Now Playing List and download shows from the TiVo I wouldn't expect the iPad protocol to work either. I assume you've tried rebooting the TiVo as well just in case? If the TiVo is brand new it sometimes takes over 48 hours for TTG, MRV etc. to become functional after you've enabled it via tivo.com website.
Yes, and interestingly, I downloaded/installed tivo server and it immediately saw the test recording I made on the new box, and made available for transfer....Some questions, just looking for anything.

1. Are there kmttg settings I should pay particular attention to?
2. Could it be a problem to kmttg that the (now removed) old tivo and the new installed tivo have the same mak?
3. Would the functionality as described above of tivo server indicate a response to the "48 hour" issue you note above?

Many, many thanks. I am really eager to get kmttg going so that my wife does not miss her shows. Joel
Old 10-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #3371
moyekj

Quote:
1. Are there kmttg settings I should pay particular attention to?
2. Could it be a problem to kmttg that the (now removed) old tivo and the new installed tivo have the same mak?
3. Would the functionality as described above of tivo server indicate a response to the "48 hour" issue you note above?

Many, many thanks. I am really eager to get kmttg going so that my wife does not miss her shows. Joel
The MAK is for your account, not TiVo specific. i.e. It has to be same for all TiVos.

Check kmttg Configuration->Tivos. Check the IP is correct. In fact you should click on "DEL" button to remove entry that is there and let kmttg re-discover your TiVo again. It must have the wrong IP right now. I'm guessing if you gave your new TiVo same name as the old one that kmttg still has the old IP there.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #3372
resildoc

Quote:
The MAK is for your account, not TiVo specific. i.e. It has to be same for all TiVos.

Check kmttg Configuration->Tivos. Check the IP is correct. In fact you should click on "DEL" button to remove entry that is there and let kmttg re-discover your TiVo again. It must have the wrong IP right now. I'm guessing if you gave your new TiVo same name as the old one that kmttg still has the old IP there.
Ok-deleted as requested, and on discovery the new tivo and the test recoding showed up! However, on any other action/tabs same timeout message is received. Also, did not name the tivos.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #3373
moyekj

Quote:
Ok-deleted as requested, and on discovery the new tivo and the test recoding showed up! However, on any other action/tabs same timeout message is received. Also, did not name the tivos.
OK, now that you have proper IP try re-starting kmttg to see if the remote starts working.

Also, make sure that "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" is enabled in kmttg for the TiVo or you won't get "Remote" tab at all.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #3374
resildoc

Quote:
OK, now that you have proper IP try re-starting kmttg to see if the remote starts working.

Also, make sure that "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" is enabled in kmttg for the TiVo or you won't get "Remote" tab at all.
A note-the new ip was the same as previous. Closed kmttg, then reopened, hit remote tab, then any sub tab, same timeout message. Any settings I should double check??

Grasping at straws: could this have to do with the jmfs 2 tb expansion? Or the aac which was not enabled on the wd ears (already quiet drive)? Otherwise tivo appears to be functioning flawlessly.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #3375
moyekj

Quote:
A note-the new ip was the same as previous. Closed kmttg, then reopened, hit remote tab, then any sub tab, same timeout message. Any settings I should double check??

Grasping at straws: could this have to do with the jmfs 2 tb expansion? Or the aac which was not enabled on the wd ears (already quiet drive)? Otherwise tivo appears to be functioning flawlessly.
Choose the "Remote" tab and click on "Toggle CC" entry. That uses "telnet" protocol instead of "iPad" protocol to communicate with TiVo. I'm curious if that works. Short of rebooting the TiVo and trying again I don't know what else to try. Seems like somehow the iPad protocol is not available on your machine.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #3376
species8472jj

New tabs (features) not showing up

I just installed version v0p8j, as I was excited about being able to maniupate season passes.

However, none of the tabs are showing up (ToDo, Season Passes, Won't Record, Search, Guide, Remote, Tab). I got this from your screen shot.

Essentially, my new version does not have this.

Is there something I did wrong?
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #3377
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post
I just installed version v0p8j, as I was excited about being able to maniupate season passes.

However, none of the tabs are showing up (ToDo, Season Passes, Won't Record, Search, Guide, Remote, Tab). I got this from your screen shot.

Is there no "Remote" tab on the main page?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #3378
resildoc

Quote:
Choose the "Remote" tab and click on "Toggle CC" entry. That uses "telnet" protocol instead of "iPad" protocol to communicate with TiVo. I'm curious if that works. Short of rebooting the TiVo and trying again I don't know what else to try. Seems like somehow the iPad protocol is not available on your machine.
When I toggled cc on the remote tab, the close captions on the tv came on.

Also installed km..on another box, same issue.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #3379
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post

Please read the remote_control Wiki page 3rd note. Under configuration->Tivos you have to enable iPad option for at least 1 TiVo in order to get the "Remote" tab in the main window.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #3380
moyekj

Quote:
When I toggled cc on the remote tab, the close captions on the tv came on.

Also installed km..on another box, same issue.
Doesn't sound like kmttg issue then as you have proper IP and both http and telnet protocols are working. Sounds like your box is not enabled for the iPad protocol for some reason.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #3381
resildoc

Quote:
Doesn't sound like kmttg issue then as you have proper IP and both http and telnet protocols are working. Sounds like your box is not enabled for the iPad protocol for some reason.
is there something on the box i should be looking at? the network is enabled

could the router be responsible for timing out on tasks?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #3382
moyekj

Quote:
is there something on the box i should be looking at? the network is enabled

could the router be responsible for timing out on tasks?
I would call TiVo and ask them to check if your box is enabled for iPad application. When I first got my 1st Premiere I transferred service over from an S3 box and was missing some basic things on it. Turns out after many calls they were authorizing the box as if it was an S3 instead of a Premiere, so account tweaks on TiVo end eventually fixed the problem. No idea if that is the kind of thing you are running into, but can't think of anything else to tell you.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #3383
danterner
Not it!

Kmttg has made my TV viewing so much nicer - I can't thank you enough for your continuing development of it. I know I don't use it anywhere close to its full capability.

I do have one question: I use the "Loop in GUI" option. I generally keep the application running at all times, but I've noticed that if I close it out, then upon relaunch that option is always deselected and I have to retoggle it back on each time. All of my other preferences are preserved. Is there a reason this one is not?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #3384
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I do have one question: I use the "Loop in GUI" option. I generally keep the application running at all times, but I've noticed that if I close it out, then upon relaunch that option is always deselected and I have to retoggle it back on each time. All of my other preferences are preserved. Is there a reason this one is not?
This setting is not saved as you have seen. This feature was implemented as an after-thought and by user request. Looking at code it would not be exactly trivial to have kmttg start properly directly in "Loop in GUI" mode, so saving this setting is not as trivial as some of the other saved settings so I'd rather just leave it as is.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #3385
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
This setting is not saved as you have seen. This feature was implemented as an after-thought and by user request. Looking at code it would not be exactly trivial to have kmttg start properly directly in "Loop in GUI" mode, so saving this setting is not as trivial as some of the other saved settings so I'd rather just leave it as is.
Makes sense - thanks again!

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #3386
danjw1

I am using kmttg with the ff_h254_high_rate encoding profile. But, my finished product the mp4 file doesn't have any sound. Oh, and I am using the latest version v0p8j. The decoded file has the audio, just not the mp4 file. Am I missing a codec I need? I tried playing it on my computer, it wouldn't play at all in Quicktime, put did play in Windows Media player, just without the audio. I transferred it back to the tivo with the same results as in Media Player. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Thank you, in advance for any help.

Last edited by danjw1 : 10-19-2011 at 06:41 PM.
danjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #3387
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjw1 View Post
I am using kmttg with the ff_h254_high_rate encoding profile. But, my finished product the mp4 file doesn't have any sound. Oh, and I am using the latest version v0p8j. The decoded file has the audio, just not the mp4 file. Am I missing a codec I need? I tried playing it on my computer, it wouldn't play at all in Quicktime, put did play in Windows Media player, just without the audio. I transferred it back to the tivo with the same results as in Media Player. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Thank you, in advance for any help.
The audio is there, your players just can't handle mp4 with AC3 which is a relatively new spec. VideoLAN VLC can. For transferring it back on TiVo you should use pyTivo "push" so that it won't transcode back to mpeg2 during transfer.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #3388
resildoc

Quote:
I would call TiVo and ask them to check if your box is enabled for iPad application. When I first got my 1st Premiere I transferred service over from an S3 box and was missing some basic things on it. Turns out after many calls they were authorizing the box as if it was an S3 instead of a Premiere, so account tweaks on TiVo end eventually fixed the problem. No idea if that is the kind of thing you are running into, but can't think of anything else to tell you.
Victory-You will believe this. The new tivo box needed to update soft/firm ware to the version that accepts ipad. Logged in!! Thank you.

If I could beg your indulgence once more, I now want to put my sp list onto this new box. Loaded and then went to copy list, it noted "failed to grab existing sp's to check against for tivo dvr..." How can I move this list onto tivo? Again, many, many thanks and am hoping to achieve this before my wife gets home . Joel.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #3389
moyekj

Quote:
If I could beg your indulgence once more, I now want to put my sp list onto this new box. Loaded and then went to copy list, it noted "failed to grab existing sp's to check against for tivo dvr..." How can I move this list onto tivo? Again, many, many thanks and am hoping to achieve this before my wife gets home . Joel.
Perhaps you are getting "failed" message because the new box doesn't have any Season Passes on it? I didn't consider/test that scenario of empty season pass list. Perhaps try creating at least 1 dummy/temporary Season Pass and then try the SP copy again.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #3390
resildoc

Quote:
Perhaps you are getting "failed" message because the new box doesn't have any Season Passes on it? I didn't consider/test that scenario of empty season pass list. Perhaps try creating at least 1 dummy/temporary Season Pass and then try the SP copy again.
Again, you are correct! Key: Added a search, then copying over our old ones loaded just fine. We cannot thank you enough for your great program and wonderful help! Please know how appreciated you are, the numbers of hours you have saved! I am going to try some new things, and hopefully call on the community and contribute as needed. Thanks so much. Joel.