TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #3271
innocentfreak

Ok another random idea lol.

Would it be possible for a way to create a option to suspend season passes?

I am thinking where you can delete a season pass but KMTTG keeps it, and then you can run occasionally where it would then search the guide for the show. Think of it like a modified version of your premiere option.

I was just thinking this would be nice when you know a show is the season finale you could park the season pass. Then you could run a search occasionally to look for it or just manually readd it.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #3272
ljiminez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT4187 View Post
Is there a way to enable my graphics card to be used for the encoding to speed things up at all?
See post 3228 for my experiences regarding graphic card acceleration. I want to add that sometimes Badaboom2 produces mp4 files that are unwatchable because the audio is out of sync. I cannot tell yet what channels or programs cause it because the frequency that it happens is so low.

I was watching a thread on Badaboom's website where another user was having the same issue. That thread just disappeared...without any answers. So far though Handbrake has been a resource hog, but has produced flawless mp4 files.

Last edited by ljiminez : 09-28-2011 at 11:17 PM.
ljiminez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #3273
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

How do I make Closed Captions in my recordings to be included for burning onto DVD?

Under Kmttg, the captions option is greyed out.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #3274
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
How do I make Closed Captions in my recordings to be included for burning onto DVD?

Under Kmttg, the captions option is greyed out.
Read Wiki about Captions (you need t2sami under windows):
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/using_kmttg
But that option is only to create .srt captions file which can be useful for streaming to streambaby. Not sure if any DVD writing software can use it. Note that video file downloaded from TiVo contains embedded captions, so I assume some DVD writing software would be able to use it - or you have to use 3rd party tools to hard code captions into the video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #3275
sanjonny

Okay, I think I am missing something or maybe this is a feature that needs to be implemented. On the premiere, is there any way that you can put in a check switch like for all the other great things we can do for deleting the show? I know that you can do it as part of the settings, but when I use kmttg, I tend to break things down into processes and I cannot find a way to just pick a show in the NPL and delete it. I need to do it that way because of the post processing I do, I have to check my files and if they are okay, then I would like to be able to delete it off the premiere. I have had problems in the past if things were automated say a broken qsfix or something and if I automatically have the file deleted, I face program loss for the say 5% of the time that happens. Of course it always happens on the most important show that I want to watch of whatever.

If this functionality already exists, great, I just need to know how to do it. On the ipad app, you can pick the show and delete so I imagine the same thing is possible, and I cannot use the remote to do this because my computer is not in the same room.

Any suggestions greatly suggested if this already exists, if not, hopefully you can put it in soon.

Thanks for a great program.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #3276
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
I would like to be able to delete it off the premiere.
Simply select the items in NPL you want to delete and use the keyboard "delete" key.
(You can also use keyboard "delete" key to remove Season Passes from Season Pass table.)

Last edited by moyekj : 09-16-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #3277
sanjonny

awesome, thanks. i tried to find that but didnt see it anywhere. hey dont you have replays too?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #3278
moyekj

Quote:
awesome, thanks. i tried to find that but didnt see it anywhere. hey dont you have replays too?
It's documented in the Wiki pages and also the tooltip that comes up on the iPad setting under configuration->TiVos.
My ReplayTVs are all unplugged now. I had one left for Season & Series premieres finding (as I mentioned just a few posts ago in this thread), but since the official guide listings were turned off I unplugged it and luckily the timing was good for the iPad protocol to serve as a viable replacement for that function.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #3279
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
It's documented in the Wiki pages and also the tooltip that comes up on the iPad setting under configuration->TiVos.
My ReplayTVs are all unplugged now. I had one left for Season & Series premieres finding (as I mentioned just a few posts ago in this thread), but since the official guide listings were turned off I unplugged it and luckily the timing was good for the iPad protocol to serve as a viable replacement for that function.
gotcha, well i looked for it in the forums here and other places and didnt hit the right place/phrase till you told me. i use kmttg to process my replay shows too, and avi.net to convert them along with tivi shows to a more compact form. some day i need to do a good writeup for those that have both and/ or just dont want to figure out what i have had to. i still findthe replays completely useful especially since i have cable card blocking on a bunch of my channels. i like the replay better without dnna. less hassle.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #3280
sanjonny

Another thought comes to mind. Is there any way to get a similar delete function to work on series 3? I think you can delete with tivo web plus on series three, but when I tried the same in kmttg, it didnt work. I am guessing maybe not possible or is there a setting I am missing?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #3281
moyekj

Quote:
Another thought comes to mind. Is there any way to get a similar delete function to work on series 3? I think you can delete with tivo web plus on series three, but when I tried the same in kmttg, it didnt work. I am guessing maybe not possible or is there a setting I am missing?
If you have a hacked series 3 with TWP then you can turn on "Enable TivoWebPlus Delete task" under kmttg config->Program Options. Then OK the form and re-start kmttg. Now after you populate NPL you can use the "delete" key to remove programs.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #3282
LarryYBH

I'm new to kmttg, and if someone's already asked this question, I haven't been able to find it. I've used the program to do two things at this point: first, take a file from my TiVo and bring it over to my iMac; and second, take a file that's already on my iMac (transferred using iTivo) and create an output file from it that's playable on my iMac.

The problem is volume -- neither of the two video files have any volume. The one on my TiVo has sound when played on my TV, and the one that's already on my iMac has sound when I play it through Windows.

Is there something that I've missed in the use of kmttg? Am I doing something wrong, that causes the files to have no sound?

Thanks!

Larry
LarryYBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #3283
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryYBH View Post
I'm new to kmttg, and if someone's already asked this question, I haven't been able to find it. I've used the program to do two things at this point: first, take a file from my TiVo and bring it over to my iMac; and second, take a file that's already on my iMac (transferred using iTivo) and create an output file from it that's playable on my iMac.

The problem is volume -- neither of the two video files have any volume. The one on my TiVo has sound when played on my TV, and the one that's already on my iMac has sound when I play it through Windows.

Is there something that I've missed in the use of kmttg? Am I doing something wrong, that causes the files to have no sound?

Thanks!

Larry
I am not very familiar with macs, but it sounds like a codec problem. Did you transcode the video to a mp4 file with AC3 sound? Can macs play mp4 (H.264 + AC3)? That would be my guess.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #3284
LarryYBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
I am not very familiar with macs, but it sounds like a codec problem. Did you transcode the video to a mp4 file with AC3 sound? Can macs play mp4 (H.264 + AC3)? That would be my guess.
I've played other mp4's, and if I understand correctly, Perian (which I have installed) handles AC3.
LarryYBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #3285
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryYBH View Post
I've played other mp4's, and if I understand correctly, Perian (which I have installed) handles AC3.
Examine the video with mediainfo. If that reports there is an audio stream then the problem is whatever software/codec you are using for playback. Note that as mentioned AC3 audio stream in mp4 container is a relatively new spec that not many players support. VideoLAN VLC for example can, so you can try that.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #3286
AudioNutz

I use "-vol 900" in my ffmpeg encoding profiles to boost up the volume a bit.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #3287
moyekj

v0p8h version released

v0p8h version just released with some minor enhancements. See release_notes for details.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #3288
Soapm

Thanks for this program. I just started using it to get the shows off my S2DT and it's moving right along. I am getting much higher speeds than I was getting using PyTivo. At this rate I can retrieve all the shows in the next week or so.

PS... Superpatch was run on my Tivo, do I still need to decrypt?
I don't mind leaving the files as .tivo since I will more than likely move them to my new Tivo. Any reason for me to convert the to .mpg? Any advatage in using .mpg or .tivo?
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #3289
moyekj

If you're going to move them to another TiVo then best thing to do IMO is just leave them as .tivo. If you change your mind later on it's easy to start from .tivo files and decrypt them if necessary.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #3290
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If you're going to move them to another TiVo then best thing to do IMO is just leave them as .tivo. If you change your mind later on it's easy to start from .tivo files and decrypt them if necessary.
Cool, that should cut down the time per file slightly but it will add up over the 1TB of stuff I have.

Thanks again for the great program...

PS... Anyway to tell my average download speed? I notice I can click on the file and see the speed of parts but I was wondering overall how is it doing? Also, not that I'm complaining but any way to speed it up?
Old 09-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #3291
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
I am getting much higher speeds than I was getting using PyTivo.
I have to question if you're seeing this correctly. There should be no difference.

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #3292
cweb

How many days out does kmttg look for season premiers? It appears that I only get 5-7 days out.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #3293
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
How many days out does kmttg look for season premiers? It appears that I only get 5-7 days out.
12 days ahead which is usually the max available from TiVo listings. Of course since it uses your TiVo it depends how many are available from your TiVo guide listings. Right now with restricted channels I ran a search and my last match is 10 days ahead (House: 10/03 on Fox). You can sort by date once search completes to see listings in date order rather than channel order.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #3294
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
I have to question if you're seeing this correctly. There should be no difference.
I understand that and can't explain the difference but I am still humming along with this software but py was snailing...

I'm going to try your fork when I get a break in my action but for now I'm keeping the queue loaded and the files moving...
Old 09-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #3295
cburbs

I am getting this error with a show for my kids - The encode file works fine on other files from the tivo. I can put this file in handbrake and it encodes fine.

Encoding failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Tivo\kmttg_v0p8g\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "E:\converted files\KMTTG\MPGCut\09_ 23_2011 Tazzy Chris.mpg" --cpu 4 -e x264 -q 22.0 -a 1,1 -E faac,copy:ac3 -B 160,160 -6 dpl2,auto -R Auto,Auto -D 0.0,0.0 -f mkv --detelecine --decomb --loose-anamorphic -m-x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50 -o "\\msi-nas\files\movies\TVShows\09_ 23_2011 Tazzy Chris.mkv"
[09:25:11] hb_init: checking cpu count
[09:25:11] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake 0.9.4 (2009112300) - MinGW i386 - http://handbrake.fr
4 CPUs detected
Forcing 4 CPUs
Opening E:\converted files\KMTTG\MPGCut\09_ 23_2011 Tazzy Chris.mpg...
[09:25:11] hb_scan: path=E:\converted files\KMTTG\MPGCut\09_ 23_2011 Tazzy Chris.mpg, title_index=1
[09:25:11] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnavVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnavVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
[09:25:11] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
[09:25:11] file is MPEG DVD Program Stream
[09:25:12] hb_demux_ps: not a PS packet (000001be)
[09:25:12] add_audio_to_title: added AC3 audio stream 0x80bd
[09:25:12] scan: decoding previews for title 1
[09:25:12] scan: audio 0x80bd: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=384000 Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch)
Scanning title 1...
[09:25:12] scan: could not get a decoded picture
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
[09:25:13] scan: could not get a decoded picture
[09:25:13] hb_demux_ps: not a PS packet (000001be)
[09:25:13] Warning: Could not read data for preview 9, skipped
[09:25:13] Warning: Could not read data for preview 10, skipped
[09:25:13] libhb: scan thread found 0 valid title(s)
No title found.
HandBrake has exited.
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #3296
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
--snip--
Code:
[09:25:11] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
[09:25:11] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
[09:25:11] file is MPEG DVD Program Stream
[09:25:12] add_audio_to_title: added AC3 audio stream 0x80bd
[09:25:12] scan: decoding previews for title 1
[09:25:12] scan: audio 0x80bd: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=384000 Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch)
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
[09:25:13] scan: could not get a decoded picture
[09:25:13] Warning: Could not read data for preview 9, skipped
[09:25:13] Warning: Could not read data for preview 10, skipped
[09:25:13] libhb: scan thread found 0 valid title(s)
No title found.
HandBrake has exited.
Do you own VideoRedo? Has this file been processed with QuickStream Fix? Looks like a timestamp issue.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #3297
moyekj

Agree that qsfix is a must if you are not running that. However if it works with your installation of Handbrake then consider pointing kmttg config to HandBrakeCLI.exe where that is installed.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #3298
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
I blue screened last night which gave me an opportunity to use your fork. I like the slight changes to the web interface and it seems to be a little more consistent so far. I am humming along using it now and what I like about it is that I can add to the queue while it is downloading thereby I can keep it running continuously.

I may just have this backed up by the weekend...

I also like the check box for the meta data. Don't know what it looks like yet but that is a real plus since I plan to return most of these to my new Tivo. Nice touch...

Thanks...
Old 09-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #3299
lpwcomp

Just installed kmttg on a Win2k system and tivodecode fails. The downloaded .tivo file is handled fine by direct show dump utility. Here is the relevant part of the log:

>> DOWNLOADING F:\Video\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie5327047853826621861 .tmp --url http://192.168.1.102:80/download/FOX...x-tivo-mpeg-ts --output "F:\Video\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).TiVo"
F:\Video\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).TiVo: size=374.00 MB elapsed=0:01:38 (32.01 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=F:\Video\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).TiVo
OVERWRITING EXISTING FILE: G:\kmttgmpegs\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).mpg
>> DECRYPTING F:\Video\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --no-verify --out "G:\kmttgmpegs\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).mpg" "F:\Video\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --no-verify --out "G:\kmttgmpegs\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).mpg" "F:\Video\FOX and Friends (09_30_2011).TiVo"
TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #3300
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I assume this is transferring from the Premiere, it looks like you are transferring .ts instead of .ps stream.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote