TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #3241
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
Do not know what you mean by what is kmttg reporting as the video dimension it is giving VRD to use. how do i check that?
did not try the manual gui will try now.
When kmttg starts the qsfix job and you have that option enabled kmttg will report what video dimensions were detected and passed on to VRD with a message such as:
VideoRedo video dimensions filter set to: x=1920, y=1080
If you don't have that option enabled in kmttg then you won't see such a message.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #3242
Joe54

I initially downloaded the zip file to a local drive (P:) and used Windows Explorer to view the contents of the zip file. I double clicked on the kmttg.jar file in this view and windows set up a directory on the C: drive under my user name. It was from this directory that I have been opening the application. It does not have the Service directory within it.

Just now, I copied the zip file to another directory on the P: drive and used Windows Explorer to extract the contents. W/E extracted the files in the same directory on the P: drive as contained the zip file. This directory does contain the service directory.

It was necessary to go to the win32 subdirectory and install the service as administrator and it is still necessary to start and stop the service in the same manner, but at least now auto transfer is running.

I was my error in allowing W/E to set up the application without performing the extract first. Thank you for your assistance.

Just to verify the process, I set the interval for 3 mins. The 1st recorder has only 1 - 30 minute program and the 2nd had several 90 min programs. The autolog shows both recorders were queried initially and transfers were stated on both. The 1st recorder finished quickly.

Subsequent queries have been for the 1st recorder only. Is this because when the 2nd recorder is actively transferring programs it is not queried?
Joe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #3243
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe54 View Post
Subsequent queries have been for the 1st recorder only. Is this because when the 2nd recorder is actively transferring programs it is not queried?
Yes, it won't be queried again until all tasks have completed from the 1st query (plus 3 min interval you configured).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #3244
moyekj

v0p8f version released

v0p8f version just released. Mostly a bug fix release for the iPad remote control, and a couple of enhancements for it as well. For details consult the release_notes Wiki.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #3245
Joe54

Still having problems with Windows 7. My Kmttg files were missing from the directory when I started up this morning even though the GUI was still running from last night. The reason I noticed is because all the commands came back with unable to execute errors.

I loaded it onto another disk this morning and started from scratch. Likely something to do with the temporary file Windows initially set up when I started without running a separate unzip.

It is up & running right now. Will let you know if I still have problems.
Joe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #3246
innocentfreak

I don't know how difficult it would be to add, but would it be possible to add a way to generate the series IDs of shows in My Shows? Or at least look up specific shows?

Technically I can do it by generating the metadata file, but since that also starts a transfer I didn't know if there was another way.

Or even if you just enable it so I can generate a metadata file without starting a transfer that might work also.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #3247
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Or even if you just enable it so I can generate a metadata file without starting a transfer that might work also.
If it's just a few shows once in a while then note that you can always let it start downloading and then cancel the download tasks. The meta file is created before the download starts.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #3248
elprice7345

I'm having an intermittent problem getting my NPL from my TiVo Premiere. When it doesn't work, I get the following results:

Quote:
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from Master Bedroom
Exit code: 52
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings
I've attached the log file.

I can access the NPL directly from my web browser with no problems.

It seems to correct itself if I unplug/replug the TiVo, but sometimes it seems to spontaneously correct itself. Other times, it will give me the same message repeatedly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
Attached Files
File Type: txt kmttg.log.txt (10.7 KB, 2 views)
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #3249
moyekj

Try turning off "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" for now to see if that helps. With that enabled when you fetch NPL kmttg fetches NPL the traditional way via https but in addition also gathers information using iPad protocol at same time to get ids of shows to allow delete/play, but maybe for some reason for your Premiere running both at same time is creating problems.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #3250
elprice7345

Quote:
Try turning off "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" for now to see if that helps. With that enabled when you fetch NPL kmttg fetches NPL the traditional way via https but in addition also gathers information using iPad protocol at same time to get ids of shows to allow delete/play, but maybe for some reason for your Premiere running both at same time is creating problems.
I tried that and it worked, but then I don't get the benefits of the iPad control.

I unplugged/replugged the TiVo and turned the iPad control back on in kmttg and it worked.

Any suggestions on what to do when it happens again?
Old 08-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #3251
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
I tried that and it worked, but then I don't get the benefits of the iPad control.

I unplugged/replugged the TiVo and turned the iPad control back on in kmttg and it worked.

Any suggestions on what to do when it happens again?
It looks to me like retrieving NPL 2 different ways at same time is overwhelming your Premiere and/or network. Is your TiVo and/or laptop on wireless or wired connections? I don't have that problem for both my Premieres, but then again my NPL lists are tiny - only about 15-20 shows on each Premiere. So I don't know if perhaps it's an issue with much larger NPL lists, but so far you are first to report this kind of issue.

What may help your situation is to add a setting where you can leave iPad setting enabled but turn off iPad NPL retrieval. That means you lose the ability to play/delete shows from NPL but at least the iPad remote functionality would still be available. You can kind of do it now - turn off iPad setting and refresh the NPL, then turn it back on to get back iPad functionality.

Other alternative is to make the iPad NPL retrieval run after the https NPL retrieval - i.e. avoiding running both at same time. Disadvantage with that is there will be a delay for being able to delete/play shows from kmttg NPL list until the iPad retrieval completes.

I wish there was a way to avoid getting NPL twice for same Premiere, but currently the https NPL doesn't have the iPad show IDs (for play/delete functionality) and the iPad NPL doesn't have the show URLs (for downloading functionality), so both are necessary for full capabilities.

Last edited by moyekj : 08-14-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #3252
elprice7345

My Premiere is connected to my network via a MOCA adapter.

I do have a lot of content on it. I have added a 1TB WD HDD and the Premiere is showing about 90% full.

As far as your proposed changes, I use the iPad delete functionality pretty heavily since you've added it (thanks for that! ) to manually manage my NPL, so I would prefer your 2nd alternative. Waiting a little longer to retrieve my NPLs doesn't bother me.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help or test.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #3253
cburbs

What encoding settings do people like to use for other devices - I have a WDTV Live Plus and for the upcoming fall season I am going to be setting up the autowatch to encode all shows so that we can watch them in the main room or upstairs.

Right now I use the appletv2 for Kids shows but any recommendations.
1) I want to reduce the file size of the original file
2) I would like the best playback possible
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #3254
abmcconnell

new install won't launch

Hi,

Love the kmttg app. Have installed many times on OSX and Win machines.

After some months running an older version I decided to try the latest. So, I installed on the same Win7 machine where I've been running a year old version almost weekly.

Reinstalled Java (and this may be where I went wrong)

Neither the new install nor the older installs will launch. Have reinstalled 32 bit JRE6 and run the cmd prompt routine in instructions. Have reinstalled Java 32bit several times. Run through instructions top to bottom, reinstalled kmttg and java32 several times.

Here's where I am at the moment. Before I ran the cmd prompt routine kmttg would not launch and gave no indication why. After running the cmd prompt routine I get the error "could not find the main class." Do I need to be in any particular directory when I make cmd prompt changes?

What am I missing, please?
abmcconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #3255
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmcconnell View Post
Hi,

Love the kmttg app. Have installed many times on OSX and Win machines.

After some months running an older version I decided to try the latest. So, I installed on the same Win7 machine where I've been running a year old version almost weekly.

Reinstalled Java (and this may be where I went wrong)

Neither the new install nor the older installs will launch. Have reinstalled 32 bit JRE6 and run the cmd prompt routine in instructions. Have reinstalled Java 32bit several times. Run through instructions top to bottom, reinstalled kmttg and java32 several times.

Here's where I am at the moment. Before I ran the cmd prompt routine kmttg would not launch and gave no indication why. After running the cmd prompt routine I get the error "could not find the main class." Do I need to be in any particular directory when I make cmd prompt changes?

What am I missing, please?
For Windows you bypass the "kmttg" script and just double-click on kmttg.jar, so I assume you are trying to get working on OS-X. For cmd line prompt try changing to the directory where kmttg.jar is and then execute the "kmttg" script as follows:
Code:
./kmttg
If that doesn't work then try the following from cmd line, again once you are in the same directory as kmttg.jar file:
Code:
java -jar kmttg.jar
If that still doesn't work then try (again in same dir as kmttg.jar):
Code:
java -cp . -jar kmttg.jar

Old 08-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #3256
abmcconnell

Class error Win7 install

Actually, my original missive wasn't well written.

It is a Windows 7 new install.

I cmd prompted into the new kmttg.jar directory.
Ran the second of the scripts you suggested.

That launched the app.
And I can successfully relaunch the app provided I do so from the command prompt.

So, we are making progress.

However, double clicking on kmttg.jar on Win7 continues to give the class error.

Suggestion to be able to launch only the jar file, not launch a cmd prompt window?

-Alex
Old 08-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #3257
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmcconnell View Post
Actually, my original missive wasn't well written.

It is a Windows 7 new install.

I cmd prompted into the new kmttg.jar directory.
Ran the second of the scripts you suggested.

That launched the app.
And I can successfully relaunch the app provided I do so from the command prompt.

So, we are making progress.

However, double clicking on kmttg.jar on Win7 continues to give the class error.

Suggestion to be able to launch only the jar file, not launch a cmd prompt window?

-Alex
I would guess Java installation issue with perhaps improper .jar association. See step 4 in windows_installation for details on setting proper association.

Since you can get command line working though you could make a desktop shortcut which executes the same thing that works on command line, something like:
Right click in empty area of desktop and choose:
New->shortcut
For location use:
javaw -jar "<full path>\kmttg.jar"
For name use kmttg

Now you just double-click than shortcut to launch kmttg.

NOTE: For windows using javaw instead of java avoids bringing up an extra console window.
Obviously replace <full path> above with the real full path to where you installed kmttg.jar.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #3258
abmcconnell

Thanks for the shortcut tip.
It does work.

FYI, i did run the c prompt routines several times - even before contacting you the first time.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #3259
moyekj

v0p8g release

v0p8g version just released. Once again mostly iPad remote related changes - most notably ability to modify Season Pass attributes and also specify attributes when scheduling from Season Premieres table.

Consult release_notes Wiki for details.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #3260
innocentfreak

I am guessing no since it isn't an option on the iPad app, but would it be possible to add the option to initiate a push/pull request TiVo to TiVo from KMTTG?

Sometimes it would just be nice if I see a show on another TiVo in KMTTG that I could just initiate the transfer from there.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #3261
moyekj

Not possible AFAIK.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #3262
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I just finally got around to downloading the latest version of kmttg and it's running well, but I have one very odd question that I can't figure out.

I've been moving things between Tivos as I troubleshoot some stability issues and have wound up with multiple copies in multiple places, is there a way to get kmttg to generate a simple XLS or CSV list of all the items in the NPL?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #3263
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I just finally got around to downloading the latest version of kmttg and it's running well, but I have one very odd question that I can't figure out.

I've been moving things between Tivos as I troubleshoot some stability issues and have wound up with multiple copies in multiple places, is there a way to get kmttg to generate a simple XLS or CSV list of all the items in the NPL?
Not really. Closest thing I can think of is you can select all items in the NPL table and do a Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard then Ctrl-V to paste in XL or some other editor. For that to work better:
1. Turn off "Show Folders"
2. Drag the 1st column with the graphic icons to make it last column in table. You do that by holding down the left mouse button on the title of the column, then dragging it over. (In clipboard this gets represented as a long string so putting it as last column makes it easier to ignore)

Old 09-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #3264
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Not really. Closest thing I can think of is you can select all items in the NPL table and do a Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard then Ctrl-V to paste in XL or some other editor. For that to work better:
1. Turn off "Show Folders"
2. Drag the 1st column with the graphic icons to make it last column in table. You do that by holding down the left mouse button on the title of the column, then dragging it over. (In clipboard this gets represented as a long string so putting it as last column makes it easier to ignore)
I don't feel nearly as dumb, copying and pasting will do, and since it's text based I'm ok with that. I was just sure I was missing something, so thanks!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #3265
BigT4187
WDW Nut

I love this app. I am using the handbrake encoding for appletv. Is there a way to enable my graphics card to be used for the encoding to speed things up at all? Thanks for all your hard work.

TiVo Premiere w/WD20EARS 2TB Internal (317 hours HD recording using
!)

Are you a Walt Disney World fan?
Check out the award winning
BigT4187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #3266
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc2000 View Post
OK thanks. I assume that if you have a cut file one can use it with VRD in batch mode (no GUI) to strip out commercials automatically? Assuming that is possible then one still would also have the option to use comskip instead of VRD ad detection.
Yes, look at tooltip for "Ad Cut" since it says as much - If VRD is enabled it is used for making the cuts regardless of which method you use for "Ad Detect" task, and yes by default it is in batch mode, but kmttg can be configured to let you review the cuts before proceeding as commercial detection is rarely perfect.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #3267
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT4187 View Post
I love this app. I am using the handbrake encoding for appletv. Is there a way to enable my graphics card to be used for the encoding to speed things up at all? Thanks for all your hard work.
If there is that would have to be supported by Handbrake. If there are command line options available to make that happen you can make your own custom encoding profile with the option(s) added. Multi-threading obviously helps as well if you can take advantage of it.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #3268
saferguard

I'd like an option not to remove the previous file after a QS Fix. Maybe name the new file as .mpeg rather than .mpg or pust "-QSFIX" at the end of the file name and still use the .mpg extension.If I can get this pretty close to what a torrented show looks like from HD media I'll be pretty happy.But I have a question that When automating things via VRD, does kmttg remove the VRD project files that it creates or does it leave them? I could envision people wanting it both ways. That could be a program option.
spocko is offline Report Post.
saferguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #3269
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by saferguard View Post
I'd like an option not to remove the previous file after a QS Fix. Maybe name the new file as .mpeg rather than .mpg or pust "-QSFIX" at the end of the file name and still use the .mpg extension.If I can get this pretty close to what a torrented show looks like from HD media I'll be pretty happy.But I have a question that When automating things via VRD, does kmttg remove the VRD project files that it creates or does it leave them? I could envision people wanting it both ways. That could be a program option.
spocko is offline Report Post.
Look under configuration->File Settings. There's already a qsfix option there to backup the original mpeg file instead of replacing it:
"For QS Fix of .mpg file backup original .mpg"

There's also option to remove "Ad Detect" related files or not there as well after the cut task.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #3270
moyekj

FYI, now that fall TV is here it was a good opportunity to see how the kmttg "Season Premieres" finding fares. I've been running it and checking vs TV Guide Fall Schedule Calendar and was pleasantly surprised to see very good correlation between the two. I had expected many more omissions than there actually are due to missing episode information in TiVo guide listings. I previously relied on ReplayTV which had built in capability to find Season & Series premieres for this task, but since ReplayTV listings were officially terminated some months ago I needed an alternate semi-automated solution and this seems to fill that gap pretty nicely so far. In fact it's much easier to actually schedule new SPs using this method since I don't have to go looking for them one by one on the TiVos after I identified which ones I wanted with the ReplayTV method. Plus I don't have to use my TiVos themselves at all to do it. First I schedule them, then I re-prioritize SP order as desired.

Last edited by moyekj : 09-10-2011 at 11:09 AM.