TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
trendtimer

The ultimate solution..does anyone have it?

Here's what I want (and am close to having it)

1. Shows automatically downloaded using uTorrent via RSSFeeds. (Disclaimer: I only legal downlows of course)

2. When uTorrent completes, configure uTorrent to auto run filebot which cleans up the files titles and neatly organized them. This also helps increase the success during step 3:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:\utorrentrenamed\videos" --log-file E:\utorrentrenamed\amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

After filebot completes, run a scheduled program that:

3. uses pyTivoMetaThis to fetch the metadata files which are needed for Tivo to groups shows in folders

4. automatically push to PyTivo which will transfer to the tivo.

----
Does anyone have anything like this working? I don't have everything working quite yet, but am extremely close. When this is set up, my shows should automatically just appear on my Tivo without the need to do anything.

Steps 3 and 4 are accomplished using a Java program I wrote. I might be interested in sharing the solution if there was interest.

If there's another solution that does all this, I'm also interested in hearing about it. I like coding, but don't want to re-invent the wheel.

trendtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #2
trendtimer

I was able to get my system running and it's great. To summarize what it does:

1. RSS feeds in uTorrent automatically download my favorite shows
2. Filebot automatically renamed and organizes them
3. pyTivoMetaThis creates the Tivo Metadata files (necessary for folder grouping)
4. videos are automatically pushed to my Tivo (using pyTivo)

It's fully automated so my shows just show up on my Tivo without having to do anything. It's really great.

Does anyone else have a similar setup working? How did you accomplish this?

trendtimer is offline   Reply With Quote