TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
indiana_man

Mediacom cable and Tivo setup

Hi all...brand "newbie" here, anxious to join the Tivo community, but I'm having problems getting started. I am trying to hook up a Tivo dual tuner model thru my Medicom cable service. I have a RCA DCM-425 cable modem that I'm hooking thru directly to the ethernet connection on the Tivo, and I do not have digital cable, so I do not believe I need a cable card.

When I get to the setting up part, it tells me that a DHCP server could not be located on the network. I've tried powering the Tivo down several times, and even called Mediacom last night to ask a tech, and all he could tell me was that I needed to make sure that when I set it up, I allow for a dynamic IP address, and that the DHCP was not ever used by Mediacom. HELP!

Does anyone know how I can go about getting going here?

Thanks very much for any insight into a question I am sure has been covered many time here...but for us "newbies", it's all fresh!
indiana_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
NeoMatrixJR

1.) you're hooking your modem directly to your Tivo? Did you buy internet and don't have a computer?
2.) You have a dual-tuner TiVo, but is it HD? You won't need (or be able to use) cablecard on a standard DT TiVo from what I know.
NeoMatrixJR is offline   Reply With Quote