TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
rimska

can't connect tivo to my wireless network

Help! I've tried everything I can think to try, and I'm having no success connection my series 2 DVR with tivo wireless adapter to my wireless network. I have searched through countless forums, tried everything I can think of, and can't get tivo to find the gateway. The SSID comes up with no problem. First I was getting n02- no dhcp client ID error messages when I tried letting it assign an IP automatically, then I tried assigning a static IP and got n07- cannot find gateway. I've reserved a static IP in my router settings; didn't help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help!
rimska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
worachj

If you’re using Mac filtering, then you need to add the Mac address of the TiVo adapter in your router. Try configuring the TiVo with wireless encryption turned off on the router.

Maybe this will help.
http://tivosupport2.instancy.com/Tiv...s_content.html
worachj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
rimska

I've entered the MAC address of the tivo adapter in my router, no luck. I'd also already gone through the steps in that link to no avail.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
rimska

Oh, and I also tried turning off encryption on the router, but got message N10- no wireless access point
Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
worachj

Sometimes the TiVo network settings get screwed up if you enter some wrong information during set up. Instead of selecting the SSID from the list, select the “enter your SSID” and then type in your SSID. This seems to reset the network information if it’s screwed up.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
rimska

I've also tried that. I've been at this for days, trying everything I can find posted online... I still get N02- no DHCP client ID when I try by entering in the SSID manually
Old 02-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Make sure the router is set to issue enough IP addresses.

When I initially set up my router I limited it to something like 10 addresses, and recently realized I'm coming close to that.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
rimska

It will accept 50 addresses, and the tivo adapter is assigned to one of them.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
worachj

So it sounds like you can’t talk to your router. Turn off encryption and Mac filtering on the router and then power cycle your devices. Restart your router first, then the TiVo and do the network setup.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #10
elmoore

Has this issue been resolved? I just received a replacement Series 2 and I cannot connect it to my home network. The previous unit had no issues connecting to the exact same network and I seem to be having all the symptoms listed by rimska. Can I assume that worachj's advice worked?
elmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #11
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was having these problems too this week. A reset of my router fixed the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hot4Bo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #12
tootal2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimska View Post
Help! I've tried everything I can think to try, and I'm having no success connection my series 2 DVR with tivo wireless adapter to my wireless network. I have searched through countless forums, tried everything I can think of, and can't get tivo to find the gateway. The SSID comes up with no problem. First I was getting n02- no dhcp client ID error messages when I tried letting it assign an IP automatically, then I tried assigning a static IP and got n07- cannot find gateway. I've reserved a static IP in my router settings; didn't help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help!
You sure someone is not using a cordless phone and blocking the single? I have that problem here in my condo sometimes.

Oops i get that problem on my s2. rebooting it fixes it.
tootal2 is offline   Reply With Quote