TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
oneguido

Series 3 Netflix bars (left & right)

I have a TivoHD & a Tivo Series 3 setup with 2 different widescreen tv's. I've been having this weird problem with Dexter Season 2. When I watch an episode in the bedroom (TivoHD) the show appears completely fine and fits to the tv as expected. However, when I watch an episode in the livingroom (Series 3), i get the black bars to the left and right of the picture. The aspect doesn't do anything for tivo to fix it, but I have to zoom wide with my tv. I'm wondering if there is a weird problem that came in with the most recent updates. I didn't have this problem with Dexter Season 1 or any other shows to think of so far.

Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks,
oneguido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Krellion

I believe that the Aspect function doesn't work within the Netflix application. Try checking it while watching a normal recording or Live TV. Try making the aspect setting for your living room TiVo the same as your bedroom TiVo's setting.
)
TiVo HD XL (S3, Lifetime) @ 1TB - CableCARD/TA
TiVo Premiere XL4/Elite (S4, Lifetime) @ 2TB - CableCARD/TA
Krellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
oneguido

Good thought, I think they are both set to "panel" but I'll check it out this evening.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
oneguido

krellion,

Good call, apparently I had my aspect set to "Panel" on the livingroom tivo, while the bedroom tivo was "Full". I had to back out of netflix to adjust the aspect, but after I set it to "Full" Netflix displayed Dexter properly.

Thanks,
Old 08-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
DaveDFW

That's the most annoying feature with the netflix app--it honors a previously-set aspect mode but doesn't allow you to change it while in the app.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote