TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #541
TomRaz

So for the channels you can't receive from BHN will that require a tuning adapter ?
TomRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #542
jamesweber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabu View Post
Got SciFi HD, Travel Channel HD, FX HD, USA HD on the BHN cable box but not through cable cards in TiVo
You should be receiving them... I have mine in Oviedo, I called them and asked them why I didn't see the scifi channel. They said they needed to activate it and a couple seconds later tech told me to try 1369 and it was there.

I then went into the channel listing and had to check mark all the new channels to get them to show up in the guide.

It took 2 days before guide data finally showed up, forcing the connection to TiVo didn't get the info, it just showed up after 2 days.
jamesweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #543
mee081224

Arrow

Hi ppl I am a noob, forgive my ignorance and lack of reading through 19 pages. It seems many of you fought hard and long to get to where you are today with your tivo and brighthouse. Please help me. I just got a new tivo for fathers day, as a trade with my wife to lower the cable bill (by getting rid of the cable box, or so I hope)

I currently have a packaged deal of phone, internet and cable tv. My hoa pays most of the digital service, so my bill comes out to like $72, i recently signed up for a promo to get the nationwide plan for about $10 less, but they say that my box rental is included on my old plan and my current plan. But my bill shows it broken out as a rental. Am I getting the run around, or are the legit? Also can my Tivo series 3 HD dvr work as a cable box? Please tell me what I need to do or lookup and who to contact at BHN. Everyone I talk to are complete morons. PLEASE HELP

I am going to another thread to ask this as it seems fresher
tc/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=400091&page=12
mee081224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #544
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee081224 View Post
Also can my Tivo series 3 HD dvr work as a cable box?
Yes, when you have Brighthouse put CableCARDs in it. Otherwise it will only pull the analog channels (and over antenna if you have that). For your THD you'll need either one M-Card (in Slot 1) or two S-Cards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #545
Okeemike
Tastes like lemons

Quote:
But my bill shows it broken out as a rental. Am I getting the run around, or are the legit?
tc/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=400091&page=12
You might be in a unique situation, due to the fact that your HOA pays for your cable. I'm guessing (and it's only a guess) that your everything associated with your bill is prenegotiated, and is set up as a package and would therefore not be flexible. I've never lived in an HOA like yours, however, so I don't know what the deal is. I am aware of someone else on this forum who is...I'll ask him to weigh in on this.

What I am doing with my S3, is simply replacing the charge for the cable box with the cost of the cable cards ($2/month + $30 or so install fee). The Tuning Adapter will also be required to receive channels that are part of the SDV (Switched Digital Video) system...these channels would include Versus HD, Universal HD, among others. You likely will not be able to receive the SDV channels without a Tuning Adapter if you are not using Brighthouse's box.
Series 2 DT
Assorted other humans and animals
Okeemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #546
mee081224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeemike View Post
What I am doing with my S3, is simply replacing the charge for the cable box with the cost of the cable cards ($2/month + $30 or so install fee). The Tuning Adapter will also be required to receive channels that are part of the SDV (Switched Digital Video) system...these channels would include Versus HD, Universal HD, among others. You likely will not be able to receive the SDV channels without a Tuning Adapter if you are not using Brighthouse's box.
Even with the TA, I still need the service to begin with. Is that correct?
mee081224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #547
Okeemike
Tastes like lemons

Quote:
Even with the TA, I still need the service to begin with. Is that correct?
Yes that's correct.
Series 2 DT
Assorted other humans and animals
Okeemike is offline   Reply With Quote