TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
yoyoma2

Clear program information & To Do List

When I do, "Clear program information & To Do List", the season passes remain, however in the To Do list it says, "none scheduled". My question is does the todo list ever get regenerated based on the previously selected season passes, or do I need to remove and recreate season passes manually?
yoyoma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
ZikZak
Neurostim Addict

Yes, it should fill back in, but it takes about 8 hours to digest the new program data.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
yoyoma2

Hmm, it's been a couple of days now and none of the old season passes are working. Anyone else know about this?
yoyoma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
ZikZak
Neurostim Addict

I guess it's time to redo them!
Old 12-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
greg_burns
Now in HD

I wonder if you just change the priority of each if that would enough to "wake" them up again.
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
swkenney
Custom User Title

When I did "Clear program information & To Do List" the Season Passes remained but did not work. I had just made a file with all season pass info cause I thought they would be erased.

So I deleted them all and made new ones. Then I noticed that the new recordings made did not not go into the same folders as the ones made with the previous season passes.

I now have, for example, two "Oprah Winfrey" folders. The old one has 6 shows and the new one 5. Both new and old SP has keep at most 5 set.

Its like the old SP recordings are separate entities. They are not being deleted by keep at most. I wonder if I do it all again will I get three sets of folders? I think I would. I vaguely remember this happening with DirecTiVo when I had it.

There's more to life than meets the microscope. | There is no limit to understanding.
swkenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
merrickw

I just did the Clear Program info to resolve other issues, and I find that the metadata on the existing Now Playing list is crippled somehow. Even though all the info appears on the screen:

1) you can press Thumbs up or down, but the rating won't save;

2) you can choose More Options - View Upcoming Episodes and it will say "no upcoming episodes" for every show

3) you can choose Swivel Search, but the title won't get transferred to the search and you end up with a fresh search screen where you have to enter the title.

4) Newly recorded shows won't be grouped with old shows.

I can save thumb ratings on new shows or shows in the guide, but not on old saved shows of the same title.

I tested transferring a show from another TiVo, and it got grouped with the old shows, and also does not allow me to save Thumb Ratings.

It seems that even though the metadata seems to exist, it is somehow crippled behind the scenes for grouping, ratings, upcoming episodes and swivel search.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix or merge the data from the existing Now Playing list?
merrickw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #8
merrickw

Clear program information & To Do List - breaks guide links

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix the Now Playing list problem I describe below?

To recap, I ran "Clear program information & To Do List", because I was having lock-ups that I thought might be database related. (Turned out to be a bad power supply).

This operation preserves the Now Playing list and Season Passes, but the database "links" are broken. For instance, if you try to "view upcoming episodes" it will say "there are no upcoming episodes". But if I record the show new from the guide, it will find the upcoming episodes. All the Season Passes show "no upcoming episodes" unless I create a new season pass. I can't save thumb ratings on the old shows, only on the new shows.
New shows won't group with the old shows.

I have a huge list of old shows and would like to get the data re-linked. Does anyone know a way to do that?

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrickw View Post
I just did the Clear Program info to resolve other issues, and I find that the metadata on the existing Now Playing list is crippled somehow. Even though all the info appears on the screen:

1) you can press Thumbs up or down, but the rating won't save;

2) you can choose More Options - View Upcoming Episodes and it will say "no upcoming episodes" for every show

3) you can choose Swivel Search, but the title won't get transferred to the search and you end up with a fresh search screen where you have to enter the title.

4) Newly recorded shows won't be grouped with old shows.

I can save thumb ratings on new shows or shows in the guide, but not on old saved shows of the same title.

I tested transferring a show from another TiVo, and it got grouped with the old shows, and also does not allow me to save Thumb Ratings.

It seems that even though the metadata seems to exist, it is somehow crippled behind the scenes for grouping, ratings, upcoming episodes and swivel search.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix or merge the data from the existing Now Playing list?

merrickw is offline   Reply With Quote