TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
beejay2

Question Tivo Suggestions -- Has Anyone Seen this

I have a Series 3, THD and two series 2s networked wirelessly. I added an external drive to both the series 3 and the THD and turned suggestions on. I just went in to one of my series 2 and checked to see if there was anything I wanted to transfer from either of the HD systems. The now playing lists for both the series 3 and THD are showing accurately. However, when I open the suggestions folder for either the series 3 or the THD the contents of the series 3 suggestions folder pops up. At the top of the screen the specific DVR name is correct. I open THD page down to suggestions and open it and even though the DVR name at the top says THD I am seeing the contents of the Series 3 suggestions folder.

I don't have a clue what would cause this. It's annoying but not a deal breaker. But any thoughts on if and how I could fix it and has anyone else had this problem?
beejay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
jrm01

What you described is impossible. I have the exact same set up (S3, THD, S2DT) and would have noticed it if this were true. To prove it I went up to my S2 and tried it.

Damn. You're right. I get the exact same thing. Suggestions from THD are correct. Suggestions from S3 are the duplicate of the THD (with the S3 title at the top). In the NPL for the S3 it correctly shows that there are 16 Suggestions, but when I click on it it shows the 8 Suggestions from the THD.

Now this is wierd!!
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
beejay2

I had the same reaction. This is impossible. In fact I checked about 4 times before I posted.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #4
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

Try clearing the cache folder of TiVo Desktop.

[Edit]Doh! Your talking MRV not TTG, please ignore the idiotic comment I just made.[/Edit]

Last edited by CuriousMark : 12-20-2007 at 09:38 AM.
CuriousMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Yes, I confirm it, too!

However, it's completely unrelated to S3 or TiVoHD.

On my first S2 (S2-1), I went to my S3 Suggestions, and everything was fine. I then went (on my S2-1) to my TiVoHD, my S2-2. and my S2-3. Suggestions on all of them just repeated the S3 Suggestions.

On S2-2, I went to S2-1 Suggestions and they showed up fine. I then went to S2-3 Suggestions, and it listed the S2-1 Suggestions again. No HD machines tested at all.

So the Suggestion code is obviously not updating the name of the machine being searched. It always just uses the first machine you looked at.

I wonder how long this bug has been around?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
beejay2

Not sure what to do next. Just tried several reps at Tivo and I couldn't get them to understand the problem so I'm sure they can't help with a solution. I don't mean to be unkind but they don't seem to be very bright people. I'm hoping that if I send it in writing it will be clearer but I can't find an email address on the Tivo customer support site. Any suggestions or insight on how I pursue this?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
jrm01

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay2 View Post
Not sure what to do next. Just tried several reps at Tivo and I couldn't get them to understand the problem so I'm sure they can't help with a solution. I don't mean to be unkind but they don't seem to be very bright people. I'm hoping that if I send it in writing it will be clearer but I can't find an email address on the Tivo customer support site. Any suggestions or insight on how I pursue this?
TiVoJerry just confirmed to me that he has been able to replicate this problem and has submitted a Bug report.
jrm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Confirmed and filed. Weird.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
beejay2

Thank you all! Look forward to the fix.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #10
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

After a quick review, I'm told this might also occur if viewing an HD folder.

In the meantime, the workaround is to go into a different group before going into Suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #11
fluffie

What I have noticed is when deleting suggestions it will say the folder is empty and no longer needed (or something like that), after deleting a couple of shows but there are still plenty more there.
fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #12
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
After a quick review, I'm told this might also occur if viewing an HD folder.

In the meantime, the workaround is to go into a different group before going into Suggestions.
or go straight to the suggestions folder, choose a recording and then back out to the list again.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #13
tlc

The people working with pyTivo and other TTCB servers have been noting that 'SubFolder' support has been broken on the TiVo since release 8.3. Here is a summary. They haven't gotten any good responses from TiVo because the Tivo Desktop doesn't use folders the same way.

This sounds like the same problem.

Last edited by tlc : 01-02-2008 at 09:20 AM.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote