Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Journeyman 12/17/2007 (S01E12) "The Hanged Man"

That was cool. Way cool. Electronic paper and everything. And I just don't really know where they're going and am loving every minute.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Too bad we may never really get to know where they are going.......

Oh well. That was really neat.

'Livia in the lingere.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
'Livia in the lingere.......
"Thank God it's you."

"Thank God it's me!"
Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
Joeg180
Burning Daylight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
"Thank God it's you."

"Thank God it's me!"

Oh yeah!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

ok, as I say most weeks.. "stop making me cry!"
Sure enough, when he came home and Zach was there, weep-o-rama!

Loved the Langley plot points, and the birthdays.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wish he'd have taken the electronic paper back in time on the next trip to see just how he might magnify the technology of "today." Heck, even just pocketing it so that when he restored the original broken time line he'd still have it in his possession and he could then "invent" it in present day.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
BurnBaby

I couldn't stop saying "Whoah!" Very cool for technophiles. Very scary that he erased his son.

I don't trust the psychic.

They can't end this series now.

My letter and Rice-a-Roni are on their way.
BurnBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
ZooCaretaker
Lock up the lions

Best show ever!!!

So what's the deal with all the security surrounding Langley? Why would he be getting harassed by so many "non-students"?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:15 PM   #9
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

This show has so much potential. So many possibilities to explore.

After the strike if the put full network support with top writers to take the show to a new quality level the network will have a hit. Right now it has surpassed Heroes as far as intrigue and looking forward to next week.

The acting is a bit weak at times but this show could really hit it's stride with some more time as the actors and writers get a better handle on the characters.

I kind of feel sorry for the little girl he zapped back to non-existence.
Johnny Dancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:20 PM   #10
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
I kind of feel sorry for the little girl he zapped back to non-existence.
She's still there... just inside the little boy. Didn't you see his butterfly painting?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
MickeS

Another episode that I LOVED. I felt his panic when he realized his son was gone...

The paper was awesome! Can't wait to have some one day.

When the psychic said "Zach!" I got goose bumps.

I'll be so bummed if they don't tie up the story with Langley on Wednesday.
MickeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #12
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

When can I order a holographic monitor to replace my antiquated LCD? Hmmm so Elliot Langley is BS'ing him or does he really not know Dan? NBC you are soooooooo stupid for canceling this show!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 AM   #13
BurnBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
I wish he'd have taken the electronic paper back in time on the next trip to see just how he might magnify the technology of "today." Heck, even just pocketing it so that when he restored the original broken time line he'd still have it in his possession and he could then "invent" it in present day.
Just look what a mess a misplaced camera could do. Misplaced nanotechnology? Much, much worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
When can I order a holographic monitor to replace my antiquated LCD? Hmmm so Elliot Langley is BS'ing him or does he really not know Dan?
I'll take one of those holographic monitors too! At first I thought Dan maybe changed reality again and that's why Langley didn't know him, but I think there's some sort of cover-up. Perhaps Langley didn't want to be seen talking to Dan because it's dangerous? Or something more sinister. It's always seemed that Langley's been hiding his true intentions from Dan.

Quote:
NBC you are soooooooo stupid for canceling this show!
True dat. I was over on the nbc message board for the first time. There were so many first-time posters who came to say the same thing - Don't Cancel the Show. There's a great Top Ten List of Things to do to Save the Show over there too.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:09 AM   #14
appleye1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnBaby View Post
True dat. I was over on the nbc message board for the first time. There were so many first-time posters who came to say the same thing - Don't Cancel the Show. There's a great Top Ten List of Things to do to Save the Show over there too.
Here's a link to that list: http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?...post&p=2794140

I Cut The Cord! 02/11 (OTA Hulu+ Netflix)
TiVo user since 12/99
Yamms:

appleye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #15
kmcorbett

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
She's still there... just inside the little boy. Didn't you see his butterfly painting?
One theory is that she's still on a separate timeline. (Per the "many worlds" interpretation of the laws of quantum mechanics.)

Or as Doris Day sang, "Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be."
Old 12-18-2007, 01:40 AM   #16
JohnB1000

And remember that NBC originally planned to stop running the show after this episode. To be left hanging after this one would have been terrible (of course it could be worse after the next one but I hope not).

Despite my wish for it not to be canceled, it does seem to have run it's course in some ways. Most secrets are known etc. etc. Like a mini series.

As the OP said, one of the great things about this show is how nothing can be predicted reliably and yet the resolution is always satisfactory.

I'll be missing it when it goes off the air.
JohnB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:43 AM   #17
atrac

Quote:
NBC you are soooooooo stupid for canceling this show!
Indeed. The decision borders on mental retardation.

This was my favorite episode of the season so far. Just incredible.

It boggles my mind that they haven't figured out how to tally TiVo watchers into the ratings. I mean, seriously, the kind of person that this show appeals to would obviously own the latest technology...

Someone should write a script about what would happen to NBC if they didn't cancel Journeyman.
atrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:45 AM   #18
JohnB1000

As has been pointed out it has not been canceled. Only 13 episodes were ordered and made and that has been fulfilled. You can't blame them for not ordering more in strike-time. It is said that the strike gives it more chance of surviving since it will be quick to turnaround once the strike is over.

Oh yeah, and the terrible ratings can't help
Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 AM   #19
BurnBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleye1 View Post
Thanks I was getting ready to post that. I went over there to get the link and got sucked into reading The Please Don't Cancel the Show thread over at the NBC boards.

Last edited by BurnBaby : 12-18-2007 at 02:55 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #20
wprager

Someone mentioned looking forward to next week? The (season) finale is tomorrow (Wednesday). Don't you dare miss it!
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #21
danplaysbass
I watch too much TV.

Oh MAN!! It sucks so bad that this show is on NBCs kill list. This show has surpassed heroes for the excitement it gives me and is right up there with LOST. Plus consider the production budget differences for these shows.

I don't think NBC even gave this show a fair shot. There were very few promo and I dont ever recall seeing any of the in-program promos (you know, that take up half the screen and drive us all nuts) for Journeyman.

Anyways, the sister-in-law wasn't very nice for telling them that the brothers GF was pregnant. Whats wrong with her?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #22
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Just look what a mess a misplaced camera could do. Misplaced nanotechnology? Much, much worse!
Worse? Did we really see any negative differences? Instead of a son, Dan had a daughter. One other woman's son was killed... someone who otherwise apparently was involved in leading research on vision replacement. Though we never saw the level of such medical technology in the nanotech world version.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #23
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Wait, what? I thought that was just the name of the computer company ("Nanotex" or something like that) that was built from Dan's stolen camera..?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #24
MickeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Wait, what? I thought that was just the name of the computer company ("Nanotex" or something like that) that was built from Dan's stolen camera..?
I thought that was the name of the company too (saw it as a play of words on "Microsoft"), but also an implication that it had to do with nanotechnology. Now I'm not so sure - maybe it was just a common nickname for the type of screen they were using, like we call screens "an LCD" today.
MickeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #25
Sirius Black
Grey Warden Reject

NBC only has NBC to blame for the current state of this show. It was marketed as way too much a show like Quantum Leap. Even I completely dismissed it because I didn't want to watch the same show with a different cast. It turns out that the only similarity is that the main character does some time traveling. The rest is very different. Sure QL was a big hit but that was what... 12-15 years ago?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #26
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

Part of me wants to think that since the majority of people never like Season 2s as much as a Season 1s that this might be better to wrap up in one season. But I want to see it wrapped up, that's for sure.

I kinda got the feeling that we would be seeing a version of the world if Macs ruled the planet...holographic monitors and sheets of paper were much cooler though. And I kept thinking, shouldn't Dan's "iPhone" now look a hecuva lot cooler???
unicorngoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #27
JohnB1000

unicorngoddess, I kind of agree. It's like the UK shows that only run 6-12 episodes and then call it a day. It seems they have taken the story a long way and having 3-4 more seasons would just drag it out and repeat.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #28
5thcrewman

I saw the butterfly art as a nod to The Butterfly Effect.
5thcrewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #29
atrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thcrewman View Post
I saw the butterfly art as a nod to The Butterfly Effect.
That did not occur to me, but I think you're right. And it's awesome.
atrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #30
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Un-freakin-believable.....this was an episode with so many "WOW" moments, it's hard to count them all.

What a sad commentary on NBC....to apparently pull the plug on a show that doesn't appeal to the mindless masses.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote