TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
sbguy

Captioning bad on one channel

I have a Tivo HD with Cox cable service, CableCard and Tuning Adapter. I am hard of hearing and use Closed Captioning.

I have both CC1 and DTVCC1 selected in the Tivo settings.

On one of the channels, TBS HD, the captioning is always messed up - incomplete text, garbled, colored, blinking, spread across the screen, you name it. The other HD channels, and even TBS SD, are okay as far as captioning is concerned.

I had Cox come out to investigate, and the technician is blaming it on the Tivo.

I'm no expert, but I'm no idiot either. I find his assertion difficult to believe. It seems to me that the encoding of the captions on that channel has something wrong, not the decoding in the Tivo.

What do you all think?
Series3 Tivo HD - 2TB
sbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
HomieG
Nowhere Man...

The encoding takes place way back the line at TBS, but the cable company could still screw it up. Not likely that TBS is messing it up, but that could happen.

Could the cable company provide you with a box to test it directly on your TV without a cable card or tuning adapter?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HomieG is offline   Reply With Quote