TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #61
bdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout
You know, if you're going to post a link just to drive traffic to a blog for which you work, the least you could do is disclose that.
I didn't mean to drive traffic per say, just wanted people to believe me. I would have copied the text from the post, but the titles says it all and didn't think it added to the forum. Now that TiVoPony has chimed in, I deleted the link completely.

As for disclosure, I had the fact that I worked for Engadget HD in my sig, but someone removed it. No other forum removed that fact from my sig so I assumed it was forum rules.
bdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #62
Sparty99

Not sure if this belongs here, but if TTCB is now enabled on my Series 3 I can get rid of my D-Link Media Server. My only question is how do I get .AVI files onto the unit? Do I have to buy TiVo Desktop Plus or will a 3rd party program (Galleon?) support these files?

Sorry if this is the wrong place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sparty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #63
azitnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by String
Can one transfer to Tivos not made by tivo. I.e. the Humax Tivo/DVD? Can you transfer to a Tivo that has a "Basic" service option? Can one transfer to a tivo that does not have active service subscription? Meaning the subscription runs out, and just use it as a media extender not as a regular tivo, per se.
Yes, you can transfer SD content to Humax, Toshiba, etc. units.

No, you can't transfer anything to a unit running in TiVo Basic mode.

Drew
azitnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #64
ZeoTiVo
I can't explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by String
Can one transfer to Tivos not made by tivo. I.e. the Humax Tivo/DVD? Can you transfer to a Tivo that has a "Basic" service option? Can one transfer to a tivo that does not have active service subscription? Meaning the subscription runs out, and just use it as a media extender not as a regular tivo, per se.
you have to pay to play
and yes, the OS is the same across HUMAX and other manufacturers
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #65
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Forced updates on the two TiVo HDs with 9.2 and restarted them. Both now have the Media Access Key and can see each other's recordings.

Only thing is, they're both connected to the same TV, so there won't be much transferring between them.

Toast Titanium still can't see them, either, so no TTG yet.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #66
Fab2004

first bug?

My tivo(dot)com page shows transfers allowed, my tivo's system settings shows a,a,a HOWEVER TivoDesktop (v 2.5) still cannot transfer.

There is a new section in my tivo menus that says: Media Access Key and that one says that my Media Access Key is "temporarily not available" (I tried connecting my tivo to the server a couple of times and nothing changed).
Fab2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #67
azitnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by serumgard
Not sure if this belongs here, but if TTCB is now enabled on my Series 3 I can get rid of my D-Link Media Server. My only question is how do I get .AVI files onto the unit? Do I have to buy TiVo Desktop Plus or will a 3rd party program (Galleon?) support these files?

TiVo Desktop Plus is one way... But there are also free utilities such as TiVo.Net and pyTivo that do essentially the same thing.

You can also use any utility capable of transcoding to MPEG-2, such as Videora TiVo Converter, and then transfer via TiVo Desktop.

Drew
azitnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #68
cr33p

Quote:

There are a few free option to transferring your avi's to the unit, you can use Tivo Desktop the standard version but need to pre convert the files, you can use Videora Tivo Converter. Or you can search around for a thread about PyTivo, this program will automatically transcode the files on the fly, rather than needing to pre transcode them with Videora. I prefer PyTivo myself
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:57 AM   #69
mportuesi
As seen on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222
Is the way for Mac users to use a browser to access their Now Playing list to directly download .tivo files to their desktop enabled too?

I realize once on the Mac those .tivo files are useless without the $80 TTG Mac software but it would be easier for me to use the browser to get the files, then moved them to a Windows machine than to have to use Windows to even download the files.
Galleon is free, and I've used it in the past on the Mac to pull programs off the TiVo. Last time I tried Galleon, it was a pile of bugware, but it did transfer video files to and from the TiVo.
mportuesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:57 AM   #70
thedarksavant

Wow, my account already had Transfers Allowed Now to run downstairs and see if I have a shiny new 9.2.
thedarksavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #71
Sparty99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr33p
There are a few free option to transferring your avi's to the unit, you can use Tivo Desktop the standard version but need to pre convert the files, you can use Videora Tivo Converter. Or you can search around for a thread about PyTivo, this program will automatically transcode the files on the fly, rather than needing to pre transcode them with Videora. I prefer PyTivo myself
I've used Videora pretty extensively. My problem is that when transcoding .avi files Videora always has a problem syncing the audio to the video (my experience, anyway). Am I going to have the same issues with PyTivo or Desktop Plus?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sparty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #72
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2004
My tivo(dot)com page shows transfers allowed, my tivo's system settings shows a,a,a HOWEVER TivoDesktop (v 2.5) still cannot transfer.

There is a new section in my tivo menus that says: Media Access Key and that one says that my Media Access Key is "temporarily not available" (I tried connecting my tivo to the server a couple of times and nothing changed).
Try restarting the TiVo -- that's what I had to do to activate the Media Access Key.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #73
ADG
Allan

As asked above, any idea why there are two entries for S3 #2 in S3 #1 (the second entry is named "_tivo-videos DVR")? S3 #2 only has the one "DVR" entry for S3 #1.

Thanks.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #74
slimoli

Everything was already setup with my system. Transferring a 2 hours HD movie to my PC , estimated time: 6 hours!! Time to upgrade to a "n" wireless network.
slimoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #75
ADG
Allan

Also, if I want to watch .wmv movie files from my pc on the S3 will any of the above free software work or am I better off just spending the $25 for TiVo desktop plus? Thanks again

Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #76
sommerfeld
Lucky (?) 200 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoPony
You'll find that there is now a little checkbox on www.tivo.com/mma next to your Series3/TiVo HD systems that allows you to turn on video sharing for those systems. Right now for most of you that is likely unchecked...log into Manage My Account at the link above and check the box.
Thank you for remembering the preferences of those of us who snuck in sideways a few months back when the checkbox was prematurely enabled.
sommerfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #77
Chimpware

Excellent, now we can start the troubleshooting of this feature.

On both Tivos, similar to TroyB, I have "Media Access Key Temproarily Unavailable" on both Tivo HDs and no MRV, TTG or TTC.

I know, I know, "Be Patient", "They got it out early, so you should not expect it to work until November", but just once since I got these Tivo HDs I would like them to work properly when they are supposed to...
Chimpware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #78
MPAC

Media Access Key

Ditto: Key Temporarily Unavailable. Tried to force connection several times and a reboot, but to no a a vale.
MPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #79
cr33p

Quote:
I've used Videora pretty extensively. My problem is that when transcoding .avi files Videora always has a problem syncing the audio to the video (my experience, anyway). Am I going to have the same issues with PyTivo or Desktop Plus?
Well like any application it may or may not have problems, I like Pytivo and it has worked well for me, getting it up and running can be a headache sometimes but the folks over in that thread are pretty helpfull
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #80
demon
BURNINATOR

To those whose TiVos say "Media Access Key: not available", just be patient. It takes about 15-20 minutes for it to generate the key. I had the same thing happen at first on mine, but after waiting patiently (didn't have to restart), it appeared.
demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #81
pkscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon
To those whose TiVos say "Media Access Key: not available", just be patient. It takes about 15-20 minutes for it to generate the key. I had the same thing happen at first on mine, but after waiting patiently (didn't have to restart), it appeared.
I'll keep being patient, but it's been 5 hours (which last time I checked is longer than 15-20 minutes) since I got a,a,a on the status and still no media key.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #82
Chimpware

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon

I waited over 2 hours for the key to generate and still no joy. Also rebooted both Tivos and still no joy...

BTW does each Tivo generate a Key, or is it just the same key that is available from Tivo.com under Media Access Key?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #83
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout
I'll keep being patient, but it's been 5 hours (which last time I checked is longer than 15-20 minutes) since I got a,a,a on the status and still no media key.
Have you forced a reconnect? That's what I had to do.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #84
TroyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG
I agree I know I should be patient but it has been over 3 hours and I have forced so many connections Tivo has probably blocked me out.
TroyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #85
kas25

I am a beginner to transferring shows between tivos. "Allow transfers" is checked on my account. What software do i need to install, if any? Where on the Tivo screen will this show up? Thank you.
kas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #86
Chimpware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB
I agree I know I should be patient but it has been over 3 hours and I have forced so many connections Tivo has probably blocked me out.
ROFL Me 2.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #87
Chimpware

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas25
I am a beginner to transferring shows between tivos. "Allow transfers" is checked on my account. What software do i need to install, if any? Where on the Tivo screen will this show up? Thank you.
No software neede to transfer between Tivos, each Tivo will show up at the bottom of the others Now Playing List. To use TTG you need Tivo Desktop on your PC.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #88
pkscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG
I have forced about 20. And restarted twice.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #89
formulaben
Formula Tivo Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpware
Update: Although Tivo.com shows Transfers Allowed after I set it in my Preferences, my Tivo HD, after multiple forced connections still shows i,i,i... with 9.2

EDIT: Tivo HD now shows a,a,a, but no TTG or TTC, just denies access.
Same here.
formulaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #90
JYoung
Series 3

This explains why TiVo's servers were down for maintenance last night.

Transfering from the Series 3 without issue.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote