TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #391
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1115
There IS a setting to override this.

It's STANDBY.

If the S3 you are MRVing or TTGing FROM is in standby, no tuners or buffers will be active.
Standby does not stop buffering - when my Tivos come out of standby the full 30 minute buffers on both tuners are still available. Standby turns off the Tivo outputs but does not eliminate disk activity. So best option for speeding up TTG/MRV is to tune to channels you don't receive or music channels.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #392
bkdtv

On my TivoHD, standby mode actually appears to reduce throughput.

I've only tested with a few files using TTG and TTCB. More testing is needed before I can say anything definitive.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #393
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
Standby does not stop buffering - when my Tivos come out of standby the full 30 minute buffers on both tuners are still available. Standby turns off the Tivo outputs but does not eliminate disk activity. So best option for speeding up TTG/MRV is to tune to channels you don't receive or music channels.
Wow, you're right...

Hmm. That's dumb.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adam1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 AM   #394
randymel

I can transfer vids between my Tivo HD and my Tivo 2 DT

Hi! Came home from work the other day and noticed that my "Bedroom Tivo" (Series 2 DT) was now on my "Living Room" Tivo's (Tivo HD) "Now Playing" list. However, when I went to select it, there were no programs listed. Went into the bedroom and it still had software version 8.something while the one in the living room had 9.whatever. Ok so no biggie fries. I figured I would just wait a while and sure enough, the next day my bedroom Tivo had software version 9.whatever. It is so cool to be able to transfer shows to each Tivo (with the exceptions noted above). Thanks Tivo!!!

randymel
Old 10-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #395
Hyrax

How do you tune both tuners in the TivoHD to unused channels when you're OTA? It doesn't indicate which tuner you're using.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #396
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax
How do you tune both tuners in the TivoHD to unused channels when you're OTA? It doesn't indicate which tuner you're using.
Tune to something you know is not a real channel (like 111-1) then click "Live TV" to switch tuners and then tune to a different channel you don't receive (such as 112-1). You should have a dark screen and when you click "Live TV" again you should still have a dark screen.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #397
Hyrax

Thanks, moyekj...worked like a charm and transfers do seem faster.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote