Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #6961
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsitter View Post
I've read through the FAQs now, really good stuff. I see that they were written in 2007 and have a question about doing the upgrade and preserving settings AND recordings:

Is it possible to just copy the original TiVo hard drive to my computer hard drive and then copy all to the new drive? My computer has a 750gb drive.

I'm trying to avoid having to connect both the old and new TiVo drives to my computer at the same time. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks.
I think WinMFS will work for this because the other methods says to make a boot CD, disconnect your main hard drive(s) and connect the Tivo and new drives.

When I did mine, I used WinMFS, and did not disconnect my Windows drive and booted to windows to do the backup, write the backup to CD, wrote to the new drive, back in the Tivo and started it.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #6962
lsitter

Ok, but did you save your recordings, as well?
lsitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #6963
unitron

A few questions first...

Quote:
I've read through the FAQs now, really good stuff. I see that they were written in 2007 and have a question about doing the upgrade and preserving settings AND recordings:

Is it possible to just copy the original TiVo hard drive to my computer hard drive and then copy all to the new drive? My computer has a 750gb drive.

I'm trying to avoid having to connect both the old and new TiVo drives to my computer at the same time. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks.
What kind of TiVo do you have, i.e., what is the model number?

How big is your original TiVo drive?

How big is the drive with which you plan to replace it?

How many partitions do you have on your computer's 750GB drive on which you're running Win7?

Is there any unpartitioned space on your computer's drive?

What exactly is it about having the TiVo drive and drive-to-be connected simultaneously that troubles you?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #6964
lsitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
What kind of TiVo do you have, i.e., what is the model number?
TiVo HD, TCD652160

Quote:
How big is your original TiVo drive?
20-21 hours of HD, so 160gb?

Quote:
How big is the drive with which you plan to replace it?
1 TB

Quote:
How many partitions do you have on your computer's 750GB drive on which you're running Win7?
I was wrong, it is a 600GB drive with 1 partition, as far as I can tell.

Quote:
Is there any unpartitioned space on your computer's drive?
I don't think so. I just did a full, new, Windows 7 reinstall and I believe I partitioned all as 1 drive.

Quote:
What exactly is it about having the TiVo drive and drive-to-be connected simultaneously that troubles you?
I don't know that I can connect the 2 TiVo drives as well as have my regular computer hard drive connected at the same time. Reading through the FAQ, I got the impression that all 3 drives would have to be connected at same time in order to copy over settings AND recordings because there is something (the MFS program?) that I copy to the desktop (my C drive, right?) that needs to run while doing the copy. I'm trying to avoid ordering the dual drive thing from Egghead for $42. As it is, I'm hoping I can connect 2 hard drives at once!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #6965
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
I don't know that I can connect the 2 TiVo drives as well as have my regular computer hard drive connected at the same time. Reading through the FAQ, I got the impression that all 3 drives would have to be connected at same time in order to copy over settings AND recordings because there is something (the MFS program?) that I copy to the desktop (my C drive, right?) that needs to run while doing the copy. I'm trying to avoid ordering the dual drive thing from Egghead for $42. As it is, I'm hoping I can connect 2 hard drives at once!
On a side note: I had only had the Tivo drive connected with my Windows drive to do the backup, then replaced the Tivo with the new drive to do the restore.

~~~~~

Old 11-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #6966
unitron

And now some more questions...

TiVo HD, TCD652160

20-21 hours of HD, so 160gb?

==========================
According to TiVopedia

http://www.tivopedia.com/model-tivo-tivohd.php

you've got a 160 GB WD.

=========================

1 TB

Is this going to replace the internal TiVo drive or be attached externally, with the original drive left inside the TiVo?

I was wrong, it is a 600GB drive with 1 partition, as far as I can tell.

How much free space do you have on that drive?

I don't think so. I just did a full, new, Windows 7 reinstall and I believe I partitioned all as 1 drive.

========================================================

Is this dual drive thing from Egghead something for your computer or are you actually thinking of the designed specifically for a TiVo dual drive bracket thingie from Weaknees or PTVUpgrade or 9thTee or whoever?

What's the brand and model number of your computer motherboard so we can see how many IDE and SATA ports you have.

What have you got on that computer in the way of a CD or DVD drive and/or burner? IDE or SATA connection?

========================================================

Old 11-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #6967
lsitter

Quote:
Is this going to replace the internal TiVo drive or be attached externally, with the original drive left inside the TiVo?
Internal, replacing the current internal.

Quote:
How much free space do you have on that drive?
539 GB

Quote:
Is this dual drive thing from Egghead something for your computer or are you actually thinking of the designed specifically for a TiVo dual drive bracket thingie from Weaknees or PTVUpgrade or 9thTee or whoever?
Based on what I just found for my motherboard, I don't think I need it now.

Quote:
What's the brand and model number of your computer motherboard so we can see how many IDE and SATA ports you have.
I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop 546. I don't believe I have any IDE ports and now believe (see below) I have 4 SATA ports.

Quote:
What have you got on that computer in the way of a CD or DVD drive and/or burner? IDE or SATA connection?
I have a CD/DVD burner combo unit. I have 1 hard drive. According to http://support.dell.com/support/edoc.../sm/techov.htm it appears I have 4 SATA ports. Assuming 1 is taken by the hd and 1 by the cd/dvd, maybe I have 2 available? If so, I think that will be perfect!

Now, I'm beginning to think I can connect both drives to my computer at same time, so this may be a moot point!

Thank you for taking the time to assist me!

Last edited by lsitter : 11-23-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #6968
Robbdoe1
Tivo Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankbates View Post
I do plan on getting another drive, haven't decided which.
The drive I returned showed a mfg date sometime in October 2010.
I was concerned the drive would be out of warranty once I ran wdidle3, since the wd site said only to use it on a couple of other drives.
I backed up the drive a month or so ago, then again immediately before I installed the wd10evds. Neither backup image would restore the new drive so that it would pass welcome, but when I applied the backup image to the old drive, it worked fine, and is still working a week later.
Should I go back to Amazon and get another drive? The quietness of the WD drives appeals to me. Maybe I worried too much....
Thanks, Hank
I would get a new drive. Maybe you will get lucky and get 1 that will not require running Wdidle3. I got mine at Newegg and it worked fine. Let us know how it works out please.

BTW: nice job backing it up before the drive kicked out. If I had oonly been so smart.

Robb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Robbdoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #6969
RickStrobel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStrobel View Post
Yes that does help, thanks!

Here's what I think is the drive you're referring to for $5 more:
Western Digital WD15EVDS 1.5 TB AV Hard Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by richsadams View Post
That's a very good option, especially for $5 more. If you get it (and have the patience) can you try doing the upgrade w/o tweaking the Intellipark feature (running wdidle3.exe) first to see if it will boot up and if it does if it will reboot from a menu restart? Either way could you also post the manufacture date? It would really help solidify the data on these drives. TIA.

I'm really hoping that we'll get to the point where the WD GP drives can be fully recommended without any caveats once again.
Quote:
So I'll upgrade to the new drive by using MFS Tools to copy his existing recordings, etc. Install the drive in the TiVo HD and see if it boots and will do a menu restart. If it does then that means Intellipark is not an issue? If it doesn't then I just need to boot the CD with wdidle3.exe and run it to turn off that feature, pop the drive back in the TiVo HD and it should be fine?
I've successfully copied the old drive to the new one with WinMFS. I've rebooted the TiVo from the menu twice and it has come up both times. Guess that means that I don't need to tweak the Intellipark feature using wdidle3.exe?

Drive is WD15EVDS manufacture date of 13 Feb 2010. My friend ordered it from Amazon so it's a little surprising that it's so old. But it does seem to be fine on reboots.

Recording capacity is now 180 HD and 1,570 SD!
RickStrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #6970
unitron

This is a reply to lsitter.

When you hook up everything to do the copy, first do a truncated backup file onto your computer's hard drive--suggest you create a new folder to put it in first.

Do a restore from that file to your new 1TB drive. Test that in the TiVo.

(while you're testing that in the TiVo, go back to the computer and do a full, recorded shows and all, backup from your original Tivo drive)

If it works, do a clear and delete everything ON THE NEW DRIVE, then put it back in the computer and do a backup file from it. Then look on the various image begging threads on this and other TiVo-centric sites. There are people looking for this image and you can pay back by paying forward.

Note that after doing this you will have three different backup files on your computer, a truncated backup that has no shows saved but does have your original setup (which cable company, use phone or network for downloading program guide, etc) info intact, another truncated backup that has nothing saved (this is the image you'll share with the beggers) and is ready to go through guided setup, and finally the big one, your entire original 160 GB drive's contents. You should, of course, give each file a unique name so as to be able to tell them apart and to avoid overwritting one with another. You should also burn the first two to a CD and then restore from the CD to the new 1TB drive and test them in the TiVo to make sure you've got a good backup of those 2 files since you only have one copy of each on your only computer hard drive.

After all that, do a restore of the third file to your new drive and test it in the Tivo.

Then put it back in the computer and do an expand on it, and then test it in the TiVo again.

If all is well and you've now got lots of extra space, remove the original TiVo drive from the computer and put it away someplace safe "just in case".

Good luck.

Last edited by unitron : 11-24-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: clarifying target
Old 11-24-2010, 03:31 AM   #6971
tcfcameron
(4) 2TB TiVo HDs

Quote:
This is a reply to lsitter.

When you hook up everything to do the copy, first do a truncated backup file onto your computer's hard drive--suggest you create a new folder to put it in first.

Do a restore from that file to your new 1TB drive. Test that in the TiVo.

(while you're testing that in the TiVo, go back to the computer and do a full, recorded shows and all, backup from your original Tivo drive) <snip>
The only way that WinMFS can copy the full drive, is to copy to another drive, as in, cloning the drive. This either requires an empty drive to copy to, or a drive that the OP would be willing to lose all the data on.

Now, if you are talking about using MFSLive/MFSTools, which runs from a bootable CD, instead of booting into Windows, then full backup images can be created, without requiring an empty drive to copy to, or sacrificing a drive that has other data on it. Although, when doing things this way, it is highly advisable to disconnect all drives except the source (the TiVo drive) and destination (for the image file) drive.

Since the OP doesn't seem too familiar with all of this, I'd hate for him to accidentally lose any data, by not going about things properly.

One thing I have wondered about, is if there is some way, within Windows, to set up a "virtual hard drive", which is really contained in an image file, and able to be used as the destination for a drive-to-drive copy, using WinMFS. That certainly would make things easier.

Has anybody tried this? Any success? If so, what software did you use to create the "virtual hard drive"? And, would the image file that contains the virtual hard drive be in a format that could be distributed to others, and accessed using free software?
tcfcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:45 AM   #6972
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfcameron View Post
One thing I have wondered about, is if there is some way, within Windows, to set up a "virtual hard drive", which is really contained in an image file, and able to be used as the destination for a drive-to-drive copy, using WinMFS. That certainly would make things easier.
No, because WinMFS is not copying raw data. It is modifying the partition table of the drive and formatting the partitions. Such an emulation would be problematical, even under Linux.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:09 AM   #6973
unitron

160 GB drive backup should fit his C: drive

Quote:
The only way that WinMFS can copy the full drive, is to copy to another drive, as in, cloning the drive. This either requires an empty drive to copy to, or a drive that the OP would be willing to lose all the data on.

Now, if you are talking about using MFSLive/MFSTools, which runs from a bootable CD, instead of booting into Windows, then full backup images can be created, without requiring an empty drive to copy to, or sacrificing a drive that has other data on it. Although, when doing things this way, it is highly advisable to disconnect all drives except the source (the TiVo drive) and destination (for the image file) drive.

Since the OP doesn't seem too familiar with all of this, I'd hate for him to accidentally lose any data, by not going about things properly.

Has anybody tried this? Any success? If so, what software did you use to create the "virtual hard drive"? And, would the image file that contains the virtual hard drive be in a format that could be distributed to others, and accessed using free software?
He (she?) says he's got 539 GB free space on a 600 GB drive, so the WinMFS equivalent of "backup -Tao (insert backup file path/name here) /dev/sd"x" should fit, it'll just take 'til Christmas : - )

I'm just wondering if Windows 7 will do anything nasty to his source and target TiVo drives the way I've heard that some versions of XP did, or if WinMFS automagically finds and fixes that.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #6974
lsitter

Quote:
If it works, do a clear and delete everything ON THE NEW DRIVE, then put it back in the computer and do a backup file from it. Then look on the various image begging threads on this and other TiVo-centric sites. There are people looking for this image and you can pay back by paying forward.
No problem sharing as long as not copywrite violation of TiVo. Are they okay with that?

Quote:
I definitely would hate to lose data, accidently or not! Assuming, of course, that I am the OP. What the heck is an OP?

Quote:
He (she?) says he's got 539 GB free space on a 600 GB drive, so the WinMFS equivalent of "backup -Tao (insert backup file path/name here) /dev/sd"x" should fit, it'll just take 'til Christmas : - )

I'm just wondering if Windows 7 will do anything nasty to his source and target TiVo drives the way I've heard that some versions of XP did, or if WinMFS automagically finds and fixes that.
I'm a "he". I hope it doesn't do anything nasty. That would not be good. I would assume we would be hearing about it if Windows 7 is an issue. Anybody?

I ordered 2 1TB drives last night with SATA cables and power cables. I'm pumped and I am ready to do this for my 2 TiVo HD DVRs! Hopefully, my daughter's programs will stop deleting stuff before I have a chance to view! She's making me crazy with changing everything of hers to "Save until I delete". We go back and forth, I'm tired of fighting it and hopefully this will solve the problem. For now.

Shhhh, don't anybody tell her that Disney Channel is in high def!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #6975
justen_m

Quote:
FWIW, I upgraded my TivoHD with one of these a while back and it has been flawless (search upthread for my xp). I recently bought two more of these drives, and am setting them up in a RAID 1 array in my latest PC. (My main computer was having an inferiority complex because my Tivo had a bigger drive, so I had to give her a couple extra terrabytes)

[edit] Sorry, no experience with Windows 7. My three machines run XP (2 home, 1 pro), and I've never had a problem running the winmfs tools or hddscan.
[edit2] 1tb+ drives in the TivoHD are a must. Easy upgrade. I currently have over 200 suggestions waiting for my viewing, plus a _ton_ of stuff waiting for me to see. Like every single episode so far of Detroit 1-8-7 and Blue Bloods. A half dozen episodes of Mythbusters, and more cooking shows than I am willing to admit.

Last edited by justen_m : 11-24-2010 at 07:26 AM.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #6976
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

On my recently up'd Tivo 1TB drive, I have 4 seasons of Knight Rider from the 80s, and 2 seasons of CHiPs transferred (pushed by kmttg) and there's still over 100 deleted programs in my Recently deleted folder.

~~~~~

Old 11-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #6977
richsadams

Quote:
I've successfully copied the old drive to the new one with WinMFS. I've rebooted the TiVo from the menu twice and it has come up both times. Guess that means that I don't need to tweak the Intellipark feature using wdidle3.exe?

Drive is WD15EVDS manufacture date of 13 Feb 2010. My friend ordered it from Amazon so it's a little surprising that it's so old. But it does seem to be fine on reboots.

Recording capacity is now 180 HD and 1,570 SD!
Great feedback, thanks! There are several other posts over the past few months that indicated that WD AV/GP drives manufactured before 09/15/10 did not have the soft reboot issue which requires the Intellipark feature to be tweaked. Unfortunately it only applied to the dedicated A/V drives and not every WD GP drive across the board. But that's still great news for you! Enjoy!

Last edited by richsadams : 11-25-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Tyop…d'oh!
richsadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #6978
richsadams

Quote:
No problem sharing as long as not copywrite violation of TiVo. Are they okay with that?
Yes there are copyright issues and sharing of basic TiVo images is prohibited (on the TCF).
Old 11-25-2010, 01:28 AM   #6979
richsadams

Quote:

Thanks.
I haven't had time to read all of the back-and-forth responses to your post but it would seem that there is a lot of confusion where there doesn't need to be any.

As I understand it you have a TiVo HD with an upgraded 750GB drive, you want to upgrade again to 1TB and you want to keep your current settings and recordings correct? I did see that you can connect your upgraded TiVo drive and your new hard drive to your computer's SATA ports at the same time. If that's the case all you need to do is run winMFS and the full copy method (preserves all recordings and settings - Section 5, #22B of the FAQ) to upgrade once more. Don't worry about doing anything else.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #6980
lsitter

Quote:
I haven't had time to read all of the back-and-forth responses to your post but it would seem that there is a lot of confusion where there doesn't need to be any.

As I understand it you have a TiVo HD with an upgraded 750GB drive, you want to upgrade again to 1TB and you want to keep your current settings and recordings correct? I did see that you can connect your upgraded TiVo drive and your new hard drive to your computer's SATA ports at the same time. If that's the case all you need to do is run winMFS and the full copy method (preserves all recordings and settings - Section 5, #22B of the FAQ) to upgrade once more. Don't worry about doing anything else.
No confusion any longer. I think I got it now, just waiting on my hard drives to come. The 750 drive is in my computer, the TiVos that I am upgrading are stock. I have 2 TiVo HD DVRs and 1 Series 2 TiVo.

Now I'm wondering... can I put the stock hard drive from one of my TiVo HDs into my Series 2 TiVo.... ?
Old 11-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #6981
unitron

Best Buy tomorrow WD Caviar Black 1TB ?

If I get there at the crack of Oh-dark-thirty Best Buy is selling the WD10000LSRTL (which is the part number for the retail box), which is apparently the WD1001FALS, for $59.

Any opinions on suitability for a SA S2 DT (tcd649080), assuming use of SATA - IDE adapter?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #6982
justen_m

Quote:
If I get there at the crack of Oh-dark-thirty Best Buy is selling the WD10000LSRTL (which is the part number for the retail box), which is apparently the WD1001FALS, for $59.

Any opinions on suitability for a SA S2 DT (tcd649080), assuming use of SATA - IDE adapter?
I got a pair of 1tb drives for $56 each, from amazon.com. This doesn't sound like a deal worth getting up early for. My order was (Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA332 - Hard drive - 1 TB - internal - 3.5" - SATA-300 - 7200 rpm - buffer: 32 MB)

I heard online that there were some 750gb drives for $35 each.

I can't offer any actual advice. My S2DT has its original drive. My TivoHD is upgraded, but TivoHD is SATA, and I think the S2 is IDE.

Not really a deal worth getting up early for, or battling traffic, IMO. You can find the same or better online.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #6983
unitron

But is it a good drive for the TiVo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
I got a pair of 1tb drives for $56 each, from amazon.com. This doesn't sound like a deal worth getting up early for. My order was (Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA332 - Hard drive - 1 TB - internal - 3.5" - SATA-300 - 7200 rpm - buffer: 32 MB)

I heard online that there were some 750gb drives for $35 each.

I can't offer any actual advice. My S2DT has its original drive. My TivoHD is upgraded, but TivoHD is SATA, and I think the S2 is IDE.

Not really a deal worth getting up early for, or battling traffic, IMO. You can find the same or better online.
Apparently I can also buy it from them online with either free shipping or in store pickup, the question isn't how or when to buy, it's whether.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #6984
richsadams

Quote:
No confusion any longer. I think I got it now, just waiting on my hard drives to come. The 750 drive is in my computer, the TiVos that I am upgrading are stock. I have 2 TiVo HD DVRs and 1 Series 2 TiVo.

Now I'm wondering... can I put the stock hard drive from one of my TiVo HDs into my Series 2 TiVo.... ?
Ah, got it now. So your is the easiest of upgrades...use winMFS, don't miss any steps...done.

You could repurpose your TiVo HD drive for your Series2...although you'd have to image it...you couldn't just drop it in. However the best thing to do is simply put both original TiVo HD drives on the shelf as backups. Each drive is set up for that particular TiVo. If something goes wrong you can slip the original drive back in and be up and running plus you can use it to re-image a replacement drive.

If you want to upgrade your Series2 it would be much wiser to simply buy a new/bare drive and upgrade.

Happy upgrading!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #6985
richsadams

Quote:

Overkill, noisy and runs hotter than any of the recommended WD GP drives. The GP drives are often on sale for about the same amount. Catch some extra Z's!
Old 11-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #6986
unitron

Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for...

Quote:
Overkill, noisy and runs hotter than any of the recommended WD GP drives. The GP drives are often on sale for about the same amount. Catch some extra Z's! ;)
You da man. That's the kind of info I was looking for...

I'm on more of "Caviar Blue when they're really, really on sale" budget, so I'm not familiar with the Blacks. The attraction of this one is the current price and local availability (and apparently I can order online and pickup local), especially if I have to return it for any reason, but with nearly 8% NC sales tax I may just go with the Hitachi from Amazon for a couple dollars more and wait for the mailman.

(Who knew mom could fill up 500 GB so fast?)

Anybody else with 649080 drive recommendations, please also visit

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=459327

since this is theoretically a T3 thread.

Oh, and if anybody has a 5000jbrtl/5000aakb PATA they'd like to sell cheap...

Old 11-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #6987
cherry ghost

Is the WD10EVDS okay to use? The dates in the first post seem to be from last year and I see the WD20EVDS being recommended for the Premiere.

I want to get rid of the external on my S3 and replace the internal. Do I divorce the external, run the TiVo to make sure everything's okay and then do the upgrade?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #6988
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Is the WD10EVDS okay to use? The dates in the first post seem to be from last year and I see the WD20EVDS being recommended for the Premiere.

I want to get rid of the external on my S3 and replace the internal. Do I divorce the external, run the TiVo to make sure everything's okay and then do the upgrade?
Yes.

~~~~~

Old 11-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #6989
richsadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post

+1
Old 11-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #6990
rmassey
Damn, these are fun!

(BF/11-26-10) ~ WD15EARS is $59 at Amazon, I'm in for one.

I have a lifetime S3 with the factory 250 Int + 1T Ext/MX-1. Both drives are 3.5ish years old, so I consider this preventative maintenance. My plan is to upgrade to one internal 1.5T (using 1350g) and keep it simple. I don't care about wasting 150gb with this upgrade.

My Tivo sits in a rack closet. Whenever I go into the closet, if I just happen to bump the eSata wire just right, the S3 reboots. It always comes up just fine, but I kinda want to eliminate this issue with one internal drive. Hopefully I get a 15EARS that does not require the intellipark to be disabled.

I upgraded a Tivo HD (160 + 500 WD Ext) to 1 TB internal using WinMFS a few weeks ago. Upgrade worked fine. So, looking to have same results with the S3 upgrade plan.
rmassey is offline   Reply With Quote