TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Wandering_Burr

S03 error, then duplicate season passes

[I posted this to the Help Center last week but got no replies. Tivo hasn't gotten back to me either. Am cross posting here-hope that is ok.]

I have a Tivo HD on Time Warner cable using an MCard and an external Tuning Adapter. It remains connected to the internet 24/7 so should be on the latest software release.

I have had a recurring problem that I hope someone can help with. Each 4-6 months the Tivo stops loading data with an S03 error. I have tried Kickstart 57 and 58 without improvement. I have pulled the hard drive and run manufacturer diagnostics without any problems reported. I am now on my third new drive and still get the issue-so I don't think it is drive related.

What I have found to fix it is to select the Clear Program data and ToDo list. But the fix is not whole. After selecting this option my Season Pass list is still populated-but all of the shows claim no upcoming episodes. So I have to manually remove all of the passes and recreate them. At this point recordings work again-but every one of the season passes treats new recordings as a new show. So if I have a folder of 'Sesame Street' episodes from before the S03 error after clearing passes, manually removing all shows from the Season Pass list, recreating my Season Pass list, I get a second folder called 'Sesame Street'.

I'm open to third party software to align XML if need be but know nothing about that (yet).

Any help is appreciated.
Wandering_Burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

Duplicate posting isn't going to help you find an answer
Stuxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
Susiemw

Did you find an answer to this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Burr View Post
[I posted this to the Help Center last week but got no replies. Tivo hasn't gotten back to me either. Am cross posting here-hope that is ok.]

I have a Tivo HD on Time Warner cable using an MCard and an external Tuning Adapter. It remains connected to the internet 24/7 so should be on the latest software release.

I have had a recurring problem that I hope someone can help with. Each 4-6 months the Tivo stops loading data with an S03 error. I have tried Kickstart 57 and 58 without improvement. I have pulled the hard drive and run manufacturer diagnostics without any problems reported. I am now on my third new drive and still get the issue-so I don't think it is drive related.

What I have found to fix it is to select the Clear Program data and ToDo list. But the fix is not whole. After selecting this option my Season Pass list is still populated-but all of the shows claim no upcoming episodes. So I have to manually remove all of the passes and recreate them. At this point recordings work again-but every one of the season passes treats new recordings as a new show. So if I have a folder of 'Sesame Street' episodes from before the S03 error after clearing passes, manually removing all shows from the Season Pass list, recreating my Season Pass list, I get a second folder called 'Sesame Street'.

I'm open to third party software to align XML if need be but know nothing about that (yet).

Any help is appreciated.

Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #4
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiemw View Post
Did you find an answer to this problem?
The problem is Garbage Collection (GC) cannot complete with the added load of the tuning adapter.
This is more of a problem for those of us with larger than stock HDD or external HDD.
Solution:
After clearing the SO3 error.
Put the tuning adapter on a timer.
Turn the power off to the tuning adapter for 4 hours, daily, bi-daily or weekly.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote