TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
dmayo2

N13 Error code

Most of the N13 codes on this forum are many years old.

I'm getting this error when trying to update guide info.

Series3
Software ver: 11.0m-01-2-652

This Tivo is connected to local lan which has another Series 3 tivo on it. Problem-Tivo can connect to Working-Tivo and even transfer shows. Roku on same network works no problem. Working-Tivo works fine, connects to Tivo service and has updated guide.

Based on this, I'm assuming that my router is setup ok since the Working-Tivo connects just fine. I'm assuming that I can ignore the tivo.com support suggestion of "waiting a few minutes and try connecting again."

Any thoughts on how I might fix this, or find a work around to get the Problem-Tivo box's guide updated?

Thanks.
dmayo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Most often these errors means it cannot get to the Tivo servers because it cannot get a DNS.
I recommend in the Tivo Network settings for Gateway and DNS servers, to set to your router's IP address (usually its 192.168.1.1.)

I remember I did this when I was trying to figure how to get mine to connect to wireless and it refused until I figured to put in for those servers.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote