TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #181
BarryD99

>>i'd also like to have the "shuffle" option stick, so i don't have to go in and set it every time i run the app>>

I'll second that
BarryD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #182
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Can someone confirm whether the free Comcast Rhapsody service can be used as a login for Rhapsody on TiVo? I briefly tried Rhasody on one of my TiVos and while it's something I might use from time to time it's not something I'll be paying a monthly sub for. Earlier posts in this thread implies that Comcast accoutn support might be coming but I am guessing maybe not.
pdhenry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #183
PaJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC2893 View Post
Originally Posted by Robo1234 View Post
Love the servce will order it if I can only get it to stop taking my whole net down........

sems if I browse from song to song or listen for a few hours my tivo slows to a crawl and then wamo my whole net dies no dhcp all my comuters get blown off have to reboot every thing......even my router

I keep the tivo on an open shelf above my router and cable modem. The router is an AsusWL500G Premium and it lights up pretty much. It easy to see every time the Tivo network card indicator lights up, so does the router and this is pretty normal. However, after using Rhapsody software and shutting it down the tivo signal continues but also is activating the cable modem pc-activity indicator led. As they are all in close proximity, it is really obvious and doesn't stop until I reboot the Tivo, After rebooting the tivo, the cable modem activity stops and it is back to just the tivo and router. I used to go a year without rebooting, now I reboot the tivo every time I use Rhapsody. It's definitely related to the using the Rhapsody software on the Tivo, nothing else causes this behavior, and just exiting the Rhapsody software does not stop it.
PaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #184
jwehman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaJo View Post
I keep the tivo on an open shelf above my router and cable modem. The router is an AsusWL500G Premium and it lights up pretty much. It easy to see every time the Tivo network card indicator lights up, so does the router and this is pretty normal. However, after using Rhapsody software and shutting it down the tivo signal continues but also is activating the cable modem pc-activity indicator led. As they are all in close proximity, it is really obvious and doesn't stop until I reboot the Tivo, After rebooting the tivo, the cable modem activity stops and it is back to just the tivo and router. I used to go a year without rebooting, now I reboot the tivo every time I use Rhapsody. It's definitely related to the using the Rhapsody software on the Tivo, nothing else causes this behavior, and just exiting the Rhapsody software does not stop it.
I noted the same thing back in early October (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...27#post5619227). Hasn't happened much lately, but seems as if the underlying problem still exists if you're seeing it as well....
jwehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #185
jeffmc425

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaJo View Post
Is your Tivo a Dual tuner?
jeffmc425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #186
PaJo

Is your Tivo a Dual tuner?

Yes, it is the Dual Tuner with 9.1a-01-2-649 software
PaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #187
lucybird

Angry same problem and no solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidismiles View Post
I've run into a big problem. Since I signed up for Rhapsody, I have started using a new e-mail address. I updated it on rhapsody.com, and now I can't access Rhapsody on my TiVo. I get the following error:

Function getAccountProperties returned a fault
soapenv:com.real.common.kani.exception.InvalidMemberExceptio n - 1194568285375 :
member with id heidi*****@yahoo.com is not a valid member.

It says "Press Select to Continue," but that just brings me back to the "Music, Photos & More" screen. I can't find any way to update my member information on my TiVo. Can anyone help?

By the way, I've been wondering about this too:

If this feature is not currently available, it would be a nice one to add :-)
I am having the exact same issue. I have spoken to 3 different people at Rhapsody and 2 people at TIVO and noone has a solution to this. I have paid for the Rhapsody service and I want to be able to access it via my TIVO, not just my PC. Beyond frustrating!
lucybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #188
sstatman

So it has the logon or password wrong, but won't let you change it?
sstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #189
lucybird

Rhaposdy issues

Rhapsody changed my password and it still doesn't work.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #190
lucybird

Smile Thank you!

I just went in and changed my logon and now it works. Wish I had come to this forum earlier. SStatman, I was getting ready to cancel my subscription, but now I'm good to go. I apprecaite your help.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #191
sstatman

Happy to help!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:42 AM   #192
kmoffat

I have had Rhapsody unlimited for quite a while, and just got a Tivo about a month ago. I like the rhapsody service, and it's great to get it on my TV. My only problem so far is occasionally in the middle of a track it will skip to the next song. Very annoying, but not fatal. This happened repeatedly tonight, but it seems random.

Hopefully the improvements in the interface will continue, and the reliability will improve.

Thanks in advance.
kmoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #193
Solver

We tried the Rhapsody on TiVo service last year and found it a "little" unreliable. Does it work well now? Has the interface been updated? Will there be another trail period after the beta versions?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #194
sstatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solver View Post
We tried the Rhapsody on TiVo service last year and found it a "little" unreliable. Does it work well now? Has the interface been updated? Will there be another trail period after the beta versions?
I think that there's general agreement that Tivo on Rhapsody has seen some significant improvement since October. Most of the critical issues have been resolved (there remain some nagging items around network spinouts that will be addressed with firmware releases in the nearish future), and everything seems generally stable. Certainly, Christmas Day passed without incident, and that's the torture test for a music service.

I can look into resetting the trial period for people who had really bumpy experiences during the first few months, but I can't promise anything. If you posted something to the forums back then (especially if it was a bug we subsequently fixed), it's more likely that I can help.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #195
jwehman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solver View Post
My experience in using it the past 4 months has been that it has arrived at the 95%-reliable stage...I still get occasional 'drops' (where I will be listening to music and suddenly I'm back on "Live TV"), or 'hangs' (where nothing will play, 0:00/0:00 reads in the track area for awhile)...but those instances are not nagging enough to warrant canceling the service.

I wish the UI was as snappy as TiVo's own search interface...instead it's an HME app, and as such is pretty sluggish...almost to the point of non-usability. Too many times I buffer in some additional key-presses and end up back at square one needing to start over again. That, and the lack of being able to disable the screen-saver, are my biggest gripes.

But, am I still using it? You bet...I love the ability to listen to (most) anything I want, when I want, for the price of a CD/month.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #196
shady
We have chickens!

The weird thing for me is that during the trial period (when it was first released) I hardly had any problems, and now I'm suddenly getting them.

The frustrating thing is that I use this while I do my morning workout, so when a problem occurs, it's a real pain having to mess around queuing up my album again.

Just this week, I skipped one track that I didn't like, and for some reason for the rest of the tracks in the Album, it would play the first 30 or 40 seconds and then automatically skip to the next track and start playing that. It did that until the end of the playlist!!!

I also agree that browsing the music selection is so painfully slow.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #197
dthmj
Hinky

I have been a long time subscriber of Rhapsody and until recently never tried it with my TiVo. But over the holidays I used it several times and had no problems at all.

I've never had a home "stereo" - basically just listened to music on my Sansa and on my computer - which wasn't very often, but now I find myself listening to music much more often. I don't think I would ever try to search for music using the TiVo - I do all the setting up on my PC, and just play through the TiVo.
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #198
jwehman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
The weird thing for me is that during the trial period (when it was first released) I hardly had any problems, and now I'm suddenly getting them.

The frustrating thing is that I use this while I do my morning workout, so when a problem occurs, it's a real pain having to mess around queuing up my album again.

Just this week, I skipped one track that I didn't like, and for some reason for the rest of the tracks in the Album, it would play the first 30 or 40 seconds and then automatically skip to the next track and start playing that. It did that until the end of the playlist!!!

I also agree that browsing the music selection is so painfully slow.

The "30-seconds" of play is how Rhapsody plays some songs, due to licensing issues with the respective parties. If you use the PC-app, and select an album, sometimes 1, some, or many songs in a single album will be 30-second playable only. I don't know what percentage they are, but I've run across them at times.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #199
Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstatman View Post
I think that there's general agreement that Tivo on Rhapsody has seen some significant improvement since October. Most of the critical issues have been resolved (there remain some nagging items around network spinouts that will be addressed with firmware releases in the nearish future), and everything seems generally stable. Certainly, Christmas Day passed without incident, and that's the torture test for a music service.

I can look into resetting the trial period for people who had really bumpy experiences during the first few months, but I can't promise anything. If you posted something to the forums back then (especially if it was a bug we subsequently fixed), it's more likely that I can help.
I did post back in October about not being able to access Rhapsody. When we finally did get to the first start the free trail screen we decided to back out and wait until others reported more success. After we went back and saw Rhapsody for the first time we discovered our free trail had already started and we only had about three weeks remaining.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #200
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstatman View Post
I also posted early on about my problems with the service. I'd love to give it another shot, but I would really like another free 30 days to evaluate the stability. I'm sold on the concept and pricing, so as long as it does actually work for me you'd have yourself a paying customer. Can I PM you contact details, assuming you can work something out for us?
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #201
shady
We have chickens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwehman View Post
The "30-seconds" of play is how Rhapsody plays some songs, due to licensing issues with the respective parties. If you use the PC-app, and select an album, sometimes 1, some, or many songs in a single album will be 30-second playable only. I don't know what percentage they are, but I've run across them at times.
Except that when I closed Rhapsody and started it up again and chose the same Album, it played the complete tracks the second time round!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #202
TiVolunteer
lotta lurk rare post

Access to all content on 30-day trial?

I've been trying out the free 30 days on Rhapsody and I've found a couple of albums which don't show up as available on the TiVo but are available on Rhapsody's website. For example, try searching for The Eagles' "Hotel California" -- all I get on the TiVo is an album by the same name by Lisa Addeo. However, when I search on Rhapsody's website, I get both the Eagles version and the Lisa Addeo version.

Is the 30 day trial "content limited" or is this a bug with the application?
1 Roamio Pro
1 TiVo Mini
2 TiVo HD
TiVolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #203
RickNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVolunteer View Post
try searching for The Eagles' "Hotel California" -- all I get on the TiVo is an album by the same name by Lisa Addeo. However, when I search on Rhapsody's website, I get both the Eagles version and the Lisa Addeo version.
The Eagles album is not licensed for on-demand streaming or adding to a library -- on both Rhapsody software as well as Tivo -- only available for purchase (Rhapsody software just allows 30 second samples of each track). There are several artists whose tracks and albums are like this.

You'll get tracks from these artists/albums streamed randomly if you are listening to a Rhapsody channel -- but you cant do it on demand. You'll come across several artists that wont/dont license their tracks & albums this way..

So to answer your question, its not a limitation of the 30 day trial.
RickNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #204
TiVolunteer
lotta lurk rare post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
The Eagles album is not licensed for on-demand streaming or adding to a library -- on both Rhapsody software as well as Tivo -- only available for purchase (Rhapsody software just allows 30 second samples of each track). There are several artists whose tracks and albums are like this.

You'll get tracks from these artists/albums streamed randomly if you are listening to a Rhapsody channel -- but you cant do it on demand. You'll come across several artists that wont/dont license their tracks & albums this way..

So to answer your question, its not a limitation of the 30 day trial.
Thanks for the quick response.

It would have been nice if they had it show up in the search results with a note that said "This track is not licensed for streaming you can purchase it at.....". As it stands now, it just made me question the completeness/validity of the database.
1 Roamio Pro
1 TiVo Mini
2 TiVo HD
TiVolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #205
sstatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVolunteer View Post
It would have been nice if they had it show up in the search results with a note that said "This track is not licensed for streaming you can purchase it at.....". As it stands now, it just made me question the completeness/validity of the database.
If you look at the search results from www.rhapsody.com, you'll notice that Hotel California is grey, where the other results are blue. That means that it isn't available for streaming, but is for purchased download.

As you can't use the Tivo to do purchased download, the Tivo app chooses to filter them out.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #206
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Great, using Rhapsody on TiVo tonight, besides it being slow, it decided to reboot in the middle of a song. <SIGN>

Old 01-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #207
unixdown

Thumbs down

I had the same luck. I thought I'd give it a whirl, since my wife was asking about some rolling stones tune... I accepted the extremely long agreement, and searched for the rolling stones. I found the tune ("Can't you hear me knocking") and sure enough, 10 seconds into the song I got an error stating something had gone horribly wrong. Since the system was frozen on the error message, we rebooted and tried again. This time we searched for "The Who". We had better luck the second time around. It played two or three full songs before we got an error message, and it froze. Rebooted, and just turned on the radio. I think they've got a great idea, and I would love to see a working version of it some day. I just wish they would have released reliable software BEFORE I started the trial. Oh well, I hope they have better luck in the future.
unixdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #208
tommy275

for a while there restarting the TiVo was actually helping the Rhapsody app along. But now, even that doesn't help. The thing just doesn't load. It just sits there "please wait", time after time after time. On both TiVos. At all hours of the day. Did anyone test this thing at all? Are they not embarrassed?????
tommy275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #209
Pokemon_Dad
Ruler of an Unown UI

Glad to see I'm not the only one with these problems, and that we have the attention of at least one person somehow involved with the product. There are others on these forums who say they have no problems at all with Rhapsody, but my TiVo HD is Exhibit A Poster Child for bug reports on this puppy. We can't even use it for more than a few minutes, even after the 9.2.x whatever update.

I keep getting crashes and "the Green Screen of Death" when trying to use Rhapsody, among other problems. We have no similar problems with other features. I originally thought the crashes and glitches were being triggered by clicking around too much. Nope: The other night we had company over, so I set Rhapsody to just play a music channel, hid the remote and walked away. Nobody touched it. Then after only a few minutes one of my kids comes running over to tell me the TiVo just restarted all by itself, and there's a green screen saying it may be out of commission for three hours. WTF? Back to plugging the kids' nearby Mac into the Home Theater. Much better.

I'll carry mine over to Alviso personally if anyone at TiVo wants to copy an image of the thing for QA, although I'm thinking of returning it before my 30 days are up and building a PVR on my own. Maybe with Beyond TV, which skips commercials, for example. Why not? Supporting WinDoze can't be any buggier than this thing. My wife and kids are shouting out to me for TiVo tech support every time they watch TV. What a joke. KidZone and Rhapsody were the final selling points for me on TiVo, and now it turns out both are poorly designed, poorly implemented and not worth all the extra time I've spent trying to set them up. [/End of Rant]
Pokemon_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #210
tommy275

ahh, Super Bowl sunday. 20 people coming over. looking forward to streaming my favorite playlist. of course, i had to reboot to get anywhere. and now, some sort of fatal error. sweet. thanks Tivo!
tommy275 is offline   Reply With Quote