TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #121
tom gonzalez

Was working great for me on both of my TiVos till last night. Rhapsody still working on my series2 with no problems. My HD TiVo using the same Rhapsody account is stuck with "loading" every time I try to play any song.
tom gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #122
oldshoe

I can't find "Search By Track" on the Rhapsody service on my Tivo...is it just me or is this a known problem ??? ...I have Search by Artist and Search by Album title but no Search by Track...

Thanks,

JO
oldshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #123
shady
We have chickens!

Even though there are problems, I'm trusting that these will be addressed soon, so I went ahead and signed up for the service. I also bought a Squeezebox for the kitchen, so I'm invested now!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #124
CheezWiz
ReplayTV->S3 Tivo

Worked decent last night for about three hours, but still had problems:

Simply ran "Shuffle my tracks" and UI would pause sometimes for up to two minutes between songs. Did that three or four times. Ended with a drop to live TV, went to bed....
Tivo HD @ 750GB Green Drive
Tivo Series 2 @ 200GB
pyTivo Windows Home Server @ 3TB
Onkyo TX-SR606 HDMI
Hitachi Ultravision Plasma
CheezWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #125
jeffmc425

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe
I can't find "Search By Track" on the Rhapsody service on my Tivo...is it just me or is this a known problem ??? ...I have Search by Artist and Search by Album title but no Search by Track...

Thanks,

JO
Search by Track will be returning. It was removed at the last minute due to a service fix that was not aligned, schedule-wise, with the release of the Rhapsody HME app, but rest assured, it will be coming back.
jeffmc425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #126
jeffmc425

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
Even though there are problems, I'm trusting that these will be addressed soon, so I went ahead and signed up for the service. I also bought a Squeezebox for the kitchen, so I'm invested now!
I have a similar setup at my place. I have the TivoHD running Rhapsody in the great room, and have the Squeezebox in my studio on the lower level. I love that I can listen to my library in many places.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #127
jeffmc425

As stated before, the Rhapsody and Tivo teams are working in concert to resolve issues and make the Tivo/Rhapsody experience great. We are in constant contact with each other, and are resolving issues. We believe the service has gotten much better over the past couple of weeks, and we will continue to work on improving that. We appreciate your comments and feedback.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #128
shady
We have chickens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc425
Search by Track will be returning. It was removed at the last minute due to a service fix that was not aligned, schedule-wise, with the release of the Rhapsody HME app, but rest assured, it will be coming back.
How about some of the missing Channels.

I like that I can listen to BBC Radio 4, which is in the Talk category when using the PC software, but Talk and News are missing in the Tivo implementation.

Is there a plan to sync the services so that the content you get on the PC is the same as the TiVo?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #129
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I wonder if the Rhapsody performance issues could be resolved, or at least improved, by giving us the Rhapsody HME app to run on our own machines?
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #130
Dubbadown

Playing from a Queu

One minor thing that I can't figure out is playing from the middle of a Queu or playlist. Let's say I've created a Queue of 20 songs, and I want to start listening to them, but want to start with the 15th song. If I go to the 15th song and hit Play song, it just plays that one song then stops. So I have to PLAY ALL, then hit SKIP 14 times to get to the 15th song and then go. Am I missing something?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #131
will592

I have been using it for about a week. I'm a longtime rhapsody user and this is why I've been hanging onto the account just for this moment. It was AWFUL earlier this week, but as of last night it was rock solid on my HD and my DTS2. Keep up the good work guys!

Chris
will592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #132
heidismiles

I've run into a big problem. Since I signed up for Rhapsody, I have started using a new e-mail address. I updated it on rhapsody.com, and now I can't access Rhapsody on my TiVo. I get the following error:

Function getAccountProperties returned a fault
soapenv:com.real.common.kani.exception.InvalidMemberExceptio n - 1194568285375 :
member with id heidi*****@yahoo.com is not a valid member.

It says "Press Select to Continue," but that just brings me back to the "Music, Photos & More" screen. I can't find any way to update my member information on my TiVo. Can anyone help?

By the way, I've been wondering about this too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanb
is there a way to get directly to the Now Playing screen without waiting for the app to time out?
If this feature is not currently available, it would be a nice one to add :-)

TiVo S3
TiVo HD
heidismiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #133
peteypete

Id be great if there was a Lifetime sub for the tivo for use of rhapsody. I like it but not sure I'd pay 12 buck a month for it.
peteypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 AM   #134
MavLink

Yep, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek
This happened to me last night with my 9.1 DT. Of particularly depressing note, it prevented my other devices from pulling a dhcp address if they requested one. The devices that were online at the time of the Rhapsody error could continue accessing the network and internet, but anything that was off, or was shut off and switched back on would not be given an address from the router. Trial and error led to me reliably reproduce the situation: if Rhapsody goes down hard, so does the TiVo's network access and the network's DHCP addressing. Unplugging the tivo from the network immediately allowed everything else to work as expected. Rebooting is the only fix I could find. Setting different network choices (static, self-assigned, phone) had no effect.
That is exactly what is happening to me, with one exception... When Rhapsody goes bad, it knocks out my entire network. Computers currently powered on and connected to the same router lose all connection. Pulling the ethernet cable for the Tivo (and leaving it pulled if the TiVo hasn't been restarted yet) or restarting the TiVo instantly brings the network back up every time.
MavLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:46 AM   #135
sstatman

A bug fix for this problem has gone into test, and should be widely released in a few days.
sstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #136
jwehman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstatman
A bug fix for this problem has gone into test, and should be widely released in a few days.
Thanks for the updates!

Please, please work on implementing an option to disable the screen-saver and just leave the album cover-art and track-play info running! I love it when that screen is on, and hate it when it goes to screen-saver mode. Often I'll simply up/down the volume just to get that screen back again.
jwehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #137
jeffmc425

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwehman
Thanks for the updates!

Please, please work on implementing an option to disable the screen-saver and just leave the album cover-art and track-play info running! I love it when that screen is on, and hate it when it goes to screen-saver mode. Often I'll simply up/down the volume just to get that screen back again.
Thanks for the feedback. We had a discussion the other day, so it will be addressed in some fashion.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #138
shady
We have chickens!

Quote:
Thanks for the updates!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #139
gsergio

I'm a long-time Rhapsody and TiVo user. I recently upgraded to an HD TiVo and registered my Rhapsody account on it, and have been using Rhapsody on my TiVo since the service came out.

Beyond the glitches that people have posted here, which seem to have mostly gone away for me after getting the 9.2 update, I am seeing that the music library available from Rhapsody on my TiVo is limited. Music that I have in my Rhapsody account playlists doesn't get played, and if I search for those missing songs/albums on my TiVo, they're not found. It also looks like my "Recent Releases" list is stuck from when I first started using the service on my TiVo. Is this information cached and maybe it's stuck or something? If so, is there a way to clear it?

So my basic question is whether the claim that the full Rhapsody music library is available on TiVo is accurate. If so, can I do something to help it catch up, or should I just wait?
gsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #140
jeffmc425

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsergio
I'm a long-time Rhapsody and TiVo user. I recently upgraded to an HD TiVo and registered my Rhapsody account on it, and have been using Rhapsody on my TiVo since the service came out.

Beyond the glitches that people have posted here, which seem to have mostly gone away for me after getting the 9.2 update, I am seeing that the music library available from Rhapsody on my TiVo is limited. Music that I have in my Rhapsody account playlists doesn't get played, and if I search for those missing songs/albums on my TiVo, they're not found. It also looks like my "Recent Releases" list is stuck from when I first started using the service on my TiVo. Is this information cached and maybe it's stuck or something? If so, is there a way to clear it?

So my basic question is whether the claim that the full Rhapsody music library is available on TiVo is accurate. If so, can I do something to help it catch up, or should I just wait?
We are working on the Recent Releases thing. I do not have an estimate of when that will be done, but we are hoping for early next week. It is a long, involved, complicated reason, but the team is working on it.

As far as the rest of the library, you should be able to access anything in My Library as you would on Rhapsody.com or the Rhapsody PC client. If you are seeing issues with this, please send me a private message with the track names/artist you are seeing it with.
If it is because you have local content in your PC client (IE ripped CDs, etc) and it does not show up on the Tivo RHapsody app, that is by design. We do not move locally ripped content from your PC to the service. That is all local to your PC. Only tracks subscribed to on the Rhapsody service should be seen on the Tivo.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #141
NCC2893

Quote:
Thanks for the updates!

What I'd prefer actually is that the the track info be the screen saver like Live365 does. Perhaps this could be a customizable option.

Another feature I would like would be some sort of resume function. If I exit Rhapsody to set something to record, it can take quite a few button presses to get back to where I was.

Also, while I'm making suggestions, the desktop app has a dynamic playlist based upon what you've played and rated. I'd love to be able to do that on TiVo.

I have also experienced the "loading..." bug and it is only solved by a reboot. Kind of annoying at prime time, when you have multiple shows recording. It happens a few times a week.

Anyway, when it works, I love it, I'd just like to see a few changes.
NCC2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #142
mtchamp

Just dropped by to see how people are making out with Rhapsody. I had a few problems with lagging, but I've had 9.2 for a while now and I don't see much lag anymore.

All in all, the Rhapsody Music Service on TiVo has been very, very satisfying. I'm 52 and I've bought a lot of vinyl, 8 tracks, cassettes and CD's. Nothing beats on demand music. It's so easy to get just about any song you want playing in seconds.

I'm glad to see that reps from Rhapsody and TiVo are taking feedback and acting on it and reporting back. I still get goosebumps when I think about what music I'm going to call up from Rhapsody and create a concert in my living room on my surround sound in a matter of minuets.

You can't take all that physical media and chuck it in the garbage.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #143
rosevines
Rose

Folders for saved music

Any chance we'll see better organization for music in our library? I've just started playing with Rhapsody on Tivo, and already it takes ages to scroll through the list in my library. How about folder organization by artist? That way I wouldn't have to scroll through an interminable list to find the seven albums by Bonnie Raitt.

Of course, what would be really good would be a higher level of organization, such as Genre -> Artist. And those of us who like classical music would dearly love to see Composer and Artist as entirely separate searchable categories; they are not the same and the lack of this distinction is a real drawback.

Thanks for the improvements in stability - they're really noticeable.
rosevines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #144
jeffmc425

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosevines View Post
Any chance we'll see better organization for music in our library? I've just started playing with Rhapsody on Tivo, and already it takes ages to scroll through the list in my library. How about folder organization by artist? That way I wouldn't have to scroll through an interminable list to find the seven albums by Bonnie Raitt.

Of course, what would be really good would be a higher level of organization, such as Genre -> Artist. And those of us who like classical music would dearly love to see Composer and Artist as entirely separate searchable categories; they are not the same and the lack of this distinction is a real drawback.

Thanks for the improvements in stability - they're really noticeable.
Yes, the library is one of the things we want to address for a future release. The team is working together to do a better navigation/representation.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #145
Greeble

New Rhapsody trial??

I have an inactive Rhapsody account. (Dropped it due to disappointing linux support, such as no videos) But I was thinking of resubbing if the Tivo client was any good. Unfortunately it seemed pretty lousy, so I had written it off. However my friend now says its gotten much better with the latest update, but my trial account has expired. Is there a possibility of extending the trial? Also will we be able to see music videos in the future?
Greeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #146
c-surfer

Rhapsody seems like a great service except it destabilizes my Tivo. After using Rhapsody for an hour an existing back to the main Tivo menu, the Tivo seems slow and unresponsive until I reboot.

Will Rhapsody 1.1 be released soon?
c-surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #147
shady
We have chickens!

Thumbs down The Music has stopped, and Customer Support has no idea

I signed up for a Rhapsody Unlimited account, which also had a 14 day free trial, however, this trial is supposed to roll over to a paid account (they took my credit card details)

Anyway, the Trial is supposed to end tomorrow although I have no intention of canceling, but when I try to log in today, it says my free trial is over, and sends me back to the log is as existing member message.

I enter my account details (which have been working fine for the last couple of weeks) and I get the same message.

So now I have no music.

Here is what the Customer support Chat had to say:

Marry: Hello. Welcome to Real's Live Chat. How can I help you?
Shady: I signed up for a free trial that ends tomorrow but I cannot access the service on my TiVo anymore
Shady: It says the trial has ended
Shady: but I signed up on the PC using my credit card etc.
Shady: I thought it was supposed to roll over to a non trial if I didn't cancel
Marry: Sure, I can help you to resolve this issue.
Marry: Please give me a couple of minutes while I check your account.
Marry: Thanks for your time.
Marry: Sorry for delay in reply as I was trying to access your account.
Marry: I can see that you have active Rhapsody Unlimited subscription under the email address 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'.
Shady: correct
Shady: But if I type that e-mail address into tivo, with the password, it says it has expired. It was working fine before
Shady: it still works from the PC
Marry: Please give me a couple of minutes while I check your issue.
Shady: ok
Marry: Sorry for delay in reply as I was working in your issue.
Marry: Go ahead and try to sign in to your Rhapsody account?
Marry: Please let me know are you able to sign in.
Shady: ok. The TiVo is in the other room, I'll be back in a second
Marry: Sure, go ahead.
Shady: It lets me enter the username and password, then I get to read the Licence agreement, then it tells me my free trial is over
Marry: Your free trial will be expired on 11/20/2007.
Shady: I can't log in.
Marry: Have you downloaded Rhapsody?
Shady: Yes, it works fine on the PC. It's the TiVo I'm having problems with
Shady: Works on Pc. Works on Squeezebox. Doesn't work on TiVo anymore
Marry: I suggest you to rebuild your connection setup in TiVo and then try to sign in.
Shady: ?
Shady: Are you still there? I don't understand what you mean. The Rhapsody App is working on the TiVo, and connecting successfully to the internet, but it says my trial is over!
Marry: Please give me a couple of minutes while I check your issue.
Marry: Sorry for delay in reply as I was working in your issue.
Marry: I apologize that I am not able to resolve this issue. I would like to transfer this conversation to someone better able to assist you. Do you mind if I move this chat session into an email? You can expect a response from one of our Tier 2 Agents within 24 hours.
Shady: ok
Shady: No music tonight I guess :-(
Marry: I apologize for the any inconvenience caused.
Marry: Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Shady: Uhm, I guess not!
Marry: Thank you for using Real Live Chat. It was a pleasure assisting you, and I hope you were satisfied with the experience!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:07 AM   #148
sstatman

Can you private message me what logon you're using? I'll check to see if our servers are doing the right thing.
sstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #149
Robo1234

Network Blow out

Love the servce will order it if I can only get it to stop taking my whole net down........

sems if I browse from song to song or listen for a few hours my tivo slows to a crawl and then wamo my whole net dies no dhcp all my comuters get blown off have to reboot every thing......even my router

any thoughts on how we can stop this?

Thank You
Robo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:29 AM   #150
NCC2893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo1234 View Post
Love the servce will order it if I can only get it to stop taking my whole net down........

sems if I browse from song to song or listen for a few hours my tivo slows to a crawl and then wamo my whole net dies no dhcp all my comuters get blown off have to reboot every thing......even my router

any thoughts on how we can stop this?

Thank You
How about trying a static IP on your TiVo?
NCC2893 is offline   Reply With Quote