TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #91
troydf

It seems to be getting better for me.

I have used Rhapsody on my 2 Tivos for about a week now. And each day, it has gotten better. Last night, my parents were over, and we spent 3 hours browsing songs. They thought it was the greatest thing ever. I bought the Sansa e260 player and signed up for the Rhapsody to go plan. I flat out love Rhapsody. Getting it on my Tivo is what really puts it over the top for me.

For me, this is the best app yet for Tivo. Keep working on improving the performance and the UI, and I think Tivo and Real have a hit.

Last edited by troydf : 10-24-2007 at 03:10 PM.
troydf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #92
sstatman

I appreciate it that people are continuing to use the service after the initial bumpiness. We're all fighting mightily to iron out the issues that we're seeing, and so it's good to hear that you're seeing improvements day to day.

(Some of the issues you might see now, btw, are actually related to us fixing things ... new server software gets released, which causes hiccups down the chain, etc.)
sstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:51 AM   #93
jr937

Rhapsody worked great for me yesterday

For the first time in the 7 days I've had Rhapsody on Tivo, it worked smoothly and flawlessly last night. No "please wait", "loading" that never loaded, dumping out of Rhapsody, etc. Like others I was REALLY frustrated, and about done with it on Tuesday.

I used plenty of the features in Rhapsody last night (Wed 10/24) and had NO trouble with any of it. I was on Rhapsody continually for 4 hours.

I LOVE this feature on Tivo!
jr937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #94
brnscofrnld
where is this place?

I use at everyday when I get home from work. Get Rhapsody started and crank up the volume. Also using it at the gym with the Sansa E260R and the channels. LOVE THE CHANNELS.

Great App. Keep up the good work.
brnscofrnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #95
bryanb

Is there a way to turn of the screen saver in the Rhapsody app?

Also, is there a way to get directly to the Now Playing screen without waiting for the app to time out?
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #96
sstatman

I don't think there currently is a way to do either. Maybe in later releases?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #97
shady
We have chickens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanb
Is there a way to turn of the screen saver in the Rhapsody app?

Also, is there a way to get directly to the Now Playing screen without waiting for the app to time out?

You can go back to TiVo Central at any time by pressing the TiVo button. Is that what you are asking for?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #98
wickerbill

I signed up for the free 30 day trial last night and it proceeded to crash three times in the 45 minutes or so that I used it. Between that and the mediocre sound quality, I wasn't too impressed. I'll try it some more before my trial runs out, but I can't see myself paying for this service.
wickerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:06 AM   #99
bryanb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
You can go back to TiVo Central at any time by pressing the TiVo button. Is that what you are asking for?
I meant the Now Playing of the Rhapsody app, where it displays the album artwork etc.
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:21 AM   #100
particlejams

...loading...and STILL loading

rhapsody blues....worked for 5 minutes last night....now nothing but "loading" song never plays!! help...this is a great feature if they can get it to work!!

a RE BOOT FIXED IT!! AND MAY i SUGGEST "Raising Sand" Robert Plant & Alison Krauss...WOW !!!

Last edited by particlejams : 10-27-2007 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Problem solved with RE BOOT!!
particlejams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:27 AM   #101
sstatman

There seems to be an issue where an application release leads to a mildly pathological situation where track plays leads to the permanent "Loading ..." state. The solution is, as noted, to reboot.

It isn't ideal, I won't claim that it is. But, on the other hand ... a new release! Bugs fixed!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:32 AM   #102
brnscofrnld
where is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickerbill
I signed up for the free 30 day trial last night and it proceeded to crash three times in the 45 minutes or so that I used it. Between that and the mediocre sound quality, I wasn't too impressed. I'll try it some more before my trial runs out, but I can't see myself paying for this service.
Interesting about the sound quality. I have mine routed through a reciever and I can crank the volume and the sound is nice and clean. Its also on a wireless connection that does not have the best connection to the router.
brnscofrnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:49 AM   #103
PaJo

On my DT Rhapsody will get times where it gets stuck in "download" requiring a reboot as posted previously to get it started. During thes times, it appears the tivo loses all hardwired networking capabilities , can not even call home. I tried changing the network setup during these periods, reboot the router etc but it has no effect, the only thing that fixes it is a complete reboot of the Tivo. It seems the basic Tivo networking process is shut down/killed by the rhapsody software and needs to be restarted. Is there a backdoor code to restart the networking processes?
PaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #104
mtchamp

Update on my Rhapsody performance

I am now able to get in and and click around without failure and without too much lag, but lag is still my main problem. I know when the lag might occur and refrain from clicking more than once as this will cause it to overshoot when things catch up.

If all lagging could be eliminated, that would be great, but if it can't be done due to network traffic, then during any lag time, the "Please Wait" icon should come up right away. This way I would know my TV remote click was received. Nothing appears to happen after a remote click and then after 5-10 seconds, the "Please Wait" icon appears.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #105
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaJo
On my DT Rhapsody will get times where it gets stuck in "download" requiring a reboot as posted previously to get it started. During thes times, it appears the tivo loses all hardwired networking capabilities , can not even call home. I tried changing the network setup during these periods, reboot the router etc but it has no effect, the only thing that fixes it is a complete reboot of the Tivo. It seems the basic Tivo networking process is shut down/killed by the rhapsody software and needs to be restarted. Is there a backdoor code to restart the networking processes?
This happened to me last night with my 9.1 DT. Of particularly depressing note, it prevented my other devices from pulling a dhcp address if they requested one. The devices that were online at the time of the Rhapsody error could continue accessing the network and internet, but anything that was off, or was shut off and switched back on would not be given an address from the router. Trial and error led to me reliably reproduce the situation: if Rhapsody goes down hard, so does the TiVo's network access and the network's DHCP addressing. Unplugging the tivo from the network immediately allowed everything else to work as expected. Rebooting is the only fix I could find. Setting different network choices (static, self-assigned, phone) had no effect.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #106
RoyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek
This happened to me last night with my 9.1 DT. Of particularly depressing note, it prevented my other devices from pulling a dhcp address if they requested one. The devices that were online at the time of the Rhapsody error could continue accessing the network and internet, but anything that was off, or was shut off and switched back on would not be given an address from the router. Trial and error led to me reliably reproduce the situation: if Rhapsody goes down hard, so does the TiVo's network access and the network's DHCP addressing. Unplugging the tivo from the network immediately allowed everything else to work as expected. Rebooting is the only fix I could find. Setting different network choices (static, self-assigned, phone) had no effect.
9.1 strikes again
RoyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #107
gilport

I am loving Rhapsody via Tivo. I have already had the service, but now loving being able to use my TIVO and sound system to listen to Rhapsody. The only current issue I am having is new albums are not showing up. Any one else?
gilport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 PM   #108
mtchamp

I had a Halloween party tonight and Rhapsody on TiVo was a big hit.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #109
sstatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilport
The only current issue I am having is new albums are not showing up. Any one else?
We sometimes slow the publishing cycle down a bit when we're trying to ensure maximum stability. So every once in a while, there will be a few days delay in new releases reaching the Tivos.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #110
CheezWiz
ReplayTV->S3 Tivo

Exclamation My first report....

18 days left on my trial...
S3 9.2j

Problems I am having

1. Random reboots of my unit while Rhapsody is playing
2. Sessions of extreme lag where UI will lock up. as much as 2 Minutes!
3. Random crashes back to live TV.
4. After using the Rhapsody app over the course of a few days, my S3's UI (while being a tivo, not using rhapsody) will begin to lag. 5-6 seconds of button press to reaction. Reboot required. Does not happen until I start using Rhapsody again.

I think you might want to extend the trial period out since we are the beta testers and your best source of feedback. I certainly would not subscribe yet..... but it looks promising for sure.
Tivo HD @ 750GB Green Drive
Tivo Series 2 @ 200GB
pyTivo Windows Home Server @ 3TB
Onkyo TX-SR606 HDMI
Hitachi Ultravision Plasma
CheezWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:59 AM   #111
PaJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezWiz
S3 9.2j

Problems I am having

4. After using the Rhapsody app over the course of a few days, my S3's UI (while being a tivo, not using rhapsody) will begin to lag. 5-6 seconds of button press to reaction. Reboot required. Does not happen until I start using Rhapsody again.

I think you might want to extend the trial period out since we are the beta testers and your best source of feedback. I certainly would not subscribe yet..... but it looks promising for sure.
I still have a lot of problems with Rhapsody but do like it when it works. I doubt I will sign up to pay for it until it works as advertised.

A few features I also need is the abilty to remove items from the "My library" , I tend to put albums in there because it is easier to find them after the reboot. Once they get Rhapsody on the tivo working, a song search on the Tivo would be nice as well.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 AM   #112
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Another issue I took exception to was the fact after all the hours spend DL the files, should you cancel this service those files are useless without the Rappy plug-in
Dr_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #113
acvthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezWiz
S3 9.2j

Problems I am having

Well, I logged in this morning to see if anyone else is having problems with Rhapsody. Seems I'm not alone.

After just 48 hours of trying out Rhapsody, I'm seeing all of the problems seen above. I've yet to try Rhapsody without my Tivo becomeing unusable a few hours later and a reboot is required to restore functionality. My last crash was while showing someone how great Tivo is. That didn't work out so well.

I might try Rhapsody again in the future, but for now it is unusable.

Al
acvthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #114
BarryD99

Mine's working 99% better. Since I was already a Rhapsody subscriber, I pay no more to be able to select and play the music either from my pc, laptop or two tivo's. I'm looking forward to some fixes and enhancements, but I'm pretty happy.

For me, it is well worth $13/month.
BarryD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #115
shady
We have chickens!

I've used it almost everyday during the trial period. Here are my issues:
1. UI freezing for 20 seconds or so
2. Dumps me out into live tv every now and then, and at that point, the playlist is lost.
3. Many of the Album lists are corrupted. For example, go and look at the Bare Naked Ladies Album list
4. The Artist list often contains multiple entries for an artist (go and look at Rush!)
5. Live albums (and many studio albums) have breaks between tracks when they are supposed to be continuous.
6. The screen saver is really annoying. I want to see what track is playing, or the playlist. When I'm listening to music, I don't want to be playing with the remote control

If I can create named playlists on my PC and access them via TiVo, I think I'll sign up for it, but I've not been able to find out if this will be possible. there is no way to do that with the TiVo trial)
Old 11-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #116
sstatman

Quote:
If I can create named playlists on my PC and access them via TiVo, I think I'll sign up for it, but I've not been able to find out if this will be possible.
This works, absolutely. Any playlists you create using the PC client will appear in the Tivo as long as those playlists are entirely built using Rhapsody streamed tracks.

(It's possible to create a playlist that mixes Rhapsody streamed tracks and audio files you have on your local PC. Because those playlists can't really be stored on our server ... representing the local files is iffy at best ... they get stored locally only, and so aren't available via the service.)
Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #117
ufo4sale

When you sign up for the free trial is it good for more then one TiVo? Rhapsody is only showing up on one my TiVo's.
ufo4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #118
sstatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo4sale
When you sign up for the free trial is it good for more then one TiVo? Rhapsody is only showing up on one my TiVo's.
Each Tivo gets its own free trial. However, Tivo isn't rolling the app out to every single Tivo at once, just to try and constrain the overall amount of free trial traffic we get hit with at once.

So it'll show up on your other Tivo at some point.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM   #119
nhaigh

Quote:
I've used it almost everyday during the trial period. Here are my issues:
1. UI freezing for 20 seconds or so
2. Dumps me out into live tv every now and then, and at that point, the playlist is lost.
3. Many of the Album lists are corrupted. For example, go and look at the Bare Naked Ladies Album list
4. The Artist list often contains multiple entries for an artist (go and look at Rush!)
5. Live albums (and many studio albums) have breaks between tracks when they are supposed to be continuous.
6. The screen saver is really annoying. I want to see what track is playing, or the playlist. When I'm listening to music, I don't want to be playing with the remote control

If I can create named playlists on my PC and access them via TiVo, I think I'll sign up for it, but I've not been able to find out if this will be possible. there is no way to do that with the TiVo trial)

I've had similar issues and have given up on the application, at least for now.
1 x TiVo S3 HD left
3 TiVo Premiers
Verizon FiOS - No Copy Protection :)
nhaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 AM   #120
PaJo

I spent some more time with Rhapsody, it would be great if it actually worked. It was a bad night, the music would play but the lag time on the interface was unacceptable. The timer on the music track indicator would stop and I knew I was in for a wait; at times over one minute before the user interface would catch up and if by chance it happened between songs it would appear the system froze up but after a long wait everything would start again. I dealt with it for about a half hour, press a few clicks on the remote then wait and wait. It finally got to me and I decided it was not worth the trouble. A nice idea but until they get the software to a usable condition it is worthless, I'll stick with the music channels on the Comcast HD DVR box.