TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-15-2007, 03:55 PM   #31
sstatman

Also, if you're in a trial, sending me your TSN might help ...
sstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #32
nhaigh

Well I have the menu item on my S3 finally today but it won't connect to the service. I just tried my S2 that was working and it's not anymore. I'm not having a lot of luck so far with this. It seems a long way from ready for commercial availability. Who wants to pay $12.95 per month for something that may work sometimes?
1 x TiVo S3 HD left
3 TiVo Premiers
Verizon FiOS - No Copy Protection :)
nhaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #33
mtchamp

I was trying to get in about an hour ago and I couldn't, so I pressed TiVo Central and went back a few times until I got in, then it worked. A bit frustrating, because I'm watching the Red Sox live and during commercials I'm going to Rhapsody. Of course I would like to be instantly connected every time and I wish I could toggle between Live TV and and Rhapsody. I'm still loving it though despite the wait to get in. This is the best HME app so far for me and I use it often with uneven performance results. I've learned to be patient with the button clicks until they catch up.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #34
alto1

Cool Mostly Ugly

I received the update the day it was announced and have tried it extensively. So far, the longest I gave gotten it to play is about 2 hours. Mostly it will play for about 2 songs and just stop. At that point I have to press the Tivo button and attempt to re-enter Rhapsody, usually with no luck for the first several tries. Sometimes a reboot is necessary to restore playback. I have also had several instances of the Rhapsody app hanging and having to exit and re-enter, again with mixed success.
This has all been reported to Tivo tech support.
Looks like not ready for prime time yet.
alto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:05 AM   #35
bilbo

Wink Please Wait...

Please Wait...

(Seriously, about 3 out 5 times I tried to get into Rhapsody I see this message, and the Tivo never gets into Rhapsody).
bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #36
fred2

So, I have been waiting for a message from Tivo or Rhapsody that the service is available on my Tivo. Turn on the TV and see no new messages pending. Been like that for a week.

Finally, this morning I went into Photos, etc.... and there it is. I've had no reason to check the HME apps for a few days.

Don't they inform users that the service is available.

Not really for this thread, but someone mentioned that they got a message that they got a message that Rhapsody and **esata** were now available. Anyone got that one yet?
fred2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #37
jeffmc425

From what I have been told, the Tivo HME servers are being updated to address some of the issues people have been seeing, this week. Hopefully things will be improve after that.
jeffmc425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #38
brnscofrnld
where is this place?

Last night I had a some trouble getting onto Rhapsody from my Tivo, as in, I couldn't. This morning I tried before going to work around 5:45ish and had no problems logging in and listening to a couple of songs and channels. Maybe it has something to do with server congestion?
brnscofrnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #39
Leo Valiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
The Comcast Rhapsody account is only very basic.
That's why they call it "Rhapsody Radio PLUS" a $60/year value free to all Comcast subscribers.
Leo Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #40
YazooWho

I finally got the Rhapsody update last night and had a chance to play with it.

The good:

I like the interface and how it's fairly similar to the content of the Rhapsody software and online. It has pretty much all the same stuff as regular Rhapsody but layed out in a Tivo like interface. The quality is excellent for streaming wirelessly.

The Bad/Ugly: Like others have mentioned, it's extremely slow to start. The first time I tried, it timed out and went back to live TV. The second time it took about 3 mins. I'm guessing it's a network/server issue that they are aware of and working on to fix. I did get an error when I was in the queue and scrolled up to play another song. The original song kept playing through the error.

So far I like it and can't wait to give it a real test. I'm thinking of hard wiring my Tivo S3 to see if that makes a difference in performance.
YazooWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #41
sstatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YazooWho
The Bad/Ugly: Like others have mentioned, it's extremely slow to start. The first time I tried, it timed out and went back to live TV. The second time it took about 3 mins. I'm guessing it's a network/server issue that they are aware of and working on to fix. I did get an error when I was in the queue and scrolled up to play another song. The original song kept playing through the error.
As noted above, we're expecting an HME release shortly that should address many of the HME startup issues. As for the queue error, we've had other reports on that. We're researching it.

(What makes all of this so complicated, btw, is that there are 3 pieces of software all interacting, all owned and managed by different organizations : the Tivo client, the HME app, and the Rhapsody services. What looks like a Rhapsody problem may be an HME issue, and vice versa.)
sstatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #42
YazooWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstatman
As noted above, we're expecting an HME release shortly that should address many of the HME startup issues. As for the queue error, we've had other reports on that. We're researching it.

(What makes all of this so complicated, btw, is that there are 3 pieces of software all interacting, all owned and managed by different organizations : the Tivo client, the HME app, and the Rhapsody services. What looks like a Rhapsody problem may be an HME issue, and vice versa.)
Thanks for the feedback and being on top of the issues. Being a long time Rhapsody and Tivo user, I was looking forward to this feature for a long time.

I will be more than happy to send the error reports and a description of what I did to get there.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:30 AM   #43
YazooWho

Just for kicks, I tried Rhapsody again this morning and it started up almost immediately. Probably took about 5 secs from when the "Please Wait" came up to when it started. Hopefully this was a result of a fix and not because of lack of congestion.

FYI...I also tried to recreate the error in the queue. What I did was, I went into my saved Playlists and then played a random song off the list. Then I went back to the queue and noticed that the whole playlist was in there. I then scrolled up a few songs and select another randowm song from the queue and thats when the error occured. I tried it with a few other songs in my queue and it created the same error. All the time, the first song I picked was playing.

btw, the sound quality is great. Much better than I thought it would be.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #44
shady
We have chickens!

Anyone know if we can Create Playlists through the Web Interface with the 30 day free trial? I wasn't sure what my account name would be.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #45
mtchamp

Rhapsody worked super tonight when I used it from 7:30-8:30 pm EST.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #46
shady
We have chickens!

Quote:
Anyone know if we can Create Playlists through the Web Interface with the 30 day free trial? I wasn't sure what my account name would be.

I found my account name on the Options page, but no idea what the password would be.

I've been listening to the R.E.M new release. It's sounding good. I'm really impressed so far, I think I definitely will be subscribing once my 30 days is over.

The most annoying thing is pressing the wrong button on the remote, for instance "Guide" instead of info, it takes you out of the application altogether. I've done that many times tonight!!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:35 AM   #47
arex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstatman
Private message me what track you're trying to play, and how you got to that track (ex; search -> artist page -> album, or top tracks -> tracks, etc.)
Rhapsody worked great when I first tried it (last Thursday), but at some point that night it conked out and stopped loading tracks. I've been unable to load a song since. The problem occurs no matter what track I try to play, whether I shuffle play my library, select a track from my library directly, try to load up a channel, do an artist search and try to play top tracks, etc.

For example, just now I did an artist search for Timbaland, viewed albums, selected Shock Value, viewed tracks, then tried to play the song "Give it to Me." It just perpetually shows "Loading..."

When I did a shuffle play of my tracks, it got hung up trying to play one of 2Pac's tracks from All Eyez On Me. Maybe it doesn't like hip hop?

Is this problem pretty widespread?
arex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 AM   #48
hahnfld

No songs will load

Quote:
Originally Posted by arex
Rhapsody worked great when I first tried it (last Thursday), but at some point that night it conked out and stopped loading tracks.
Same thing for me... Starting this Tuesday, I couldn't play any tracks (just get "Loading..." after I pick a song), and it's been that way ever since. I can use my rhapsody subscription on the computer just fine, but not on the Tivo.
hahnfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:12 AM   #49
kas25

Quote:
I found my account name on the Options page, but no idea what the password would be.

I've been listening to the R.E.M new release. It's sounding good. I'm really impressed so far, I think I definitely will be subscribing once my 30 days is over.

The most annoying thing is pressing the wrong button on the remote, for instance "Guide" instead of info, it takes you out of the application altogether. I've done that many times tonight!!
Great point about the wrong buttons. If things freeze up I press the Tivo button to get out and it takes me all the way out. It would be nice to only have one button that takes you all the way out and the rest just take you to the opening Rhapsody page.
kas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #50
jeffmc425

If everyone could try Rhapsody again tonight, it would be great. HME servers were updated to fix the slow/unable to load the Rhapsody HME app on tuesday night, so that should not occur, again.

Also, Rhapsody's servers were updated Wednesday night to address a couple of edge cases for playback on Tivo.

So try it tonight, and see how it runs

Thanks!
jeffmc425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #51
kas25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc425
If everyone could try Rhapsody again tonight, it would be great. HME servers were updated to fix the slow/unable to load the Rhapsody HME app on tuesday night, so that should not occur, again.

Also, Rhapsody's servers were updated Wednesday night to address a couple of edge cases for playback on Tivo.

Thanks!
Will do!! Thanks. I noticed it was easier to get access last night but had a song freeze on me which hadn't happened before. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #52
rbt

I have spent the past hour and a half with both TiVo and Rhapsody support. I'm not seeing many of the Rhapsody Channels on my TiVo lineup. In particular, 60's Rock, 70's Hits are not available on Tivo. I need to listen to Jimi Hendrix and CCR rather than the 1910 Fruit Gum Company (60's Pop). Futher review finds MANY channels not available on Tivo.

Tivo 2nd tier network support has informed me they are just a portal and send through what Rhapsody sends them. Rhapsody 2nd tier support ended up being clueless as to why all channels are not available. "They hope to have a TiVo up and running in tech support in the next few days and will look into the issue."

I cancelled my XM radio sub and bought a Rhapsody sub when I found out I could stream their channels through my Tivo into my high end stereo system.

I was told by tech at Rhapsody it IS their intent to send 100% of the their channel lineup over to Tivo.

Hopefully it will get worked out soon. "I want my 60's ROCK AND ROLL!!"

Cheers,

RT

Last edited by rbt : 10-18-2007 at 02:43 PM.
rbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #53
kas25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt
I have spent the past hour and a half with both TiVo and Rhapsody support. I'm not seeing many of the Rhapsody Channels on my TiVo lineup. In particular, 60's Rock, 70's Hits are not available on Tivo. I need to listen to Jimi Hendrix and CCR rather than the 1910 Fruit Gum Company (60's Pop). Futher review finds MANY channels not available on Tivo.

Tivo 2nd tier network support has informed me they are just a portal and send through what Rhapsody sends them. Rhapsody 2nd tier support ended up being clueless as to why all channels are not available. "They hope to have a TiVo up and running in tech support in the next few days and will look into the issue."

I cancelled my XM radio sub and bought a Rhapsody sub when I found out I could stream their channels through my Tivo into my high end stereo system.

I was told by tech at Rhapsody it IS their intent to send 100% of the their channel lineup over to Tivo.

Hopefully it will get worked out soon. "I want my 60's ROCK AND ROLL!!"

Cheers,

RT
I'm not at home but I remember seeing a large list of channels. I'll check to see if I can get them.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #54
rbt

Kas25,

That effort will be appreciated. Anyone else streaming Rhapsody online channels over their Tivo might wish to have a look at what's available compared with their favorite channel. HipHop lovers can kindly ignore said request!
rbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #55
JennyP

I know pretty much for certain that 60's rock was there a day or two ago, as I was listening to it. I'll check again to make sure it is still around.
JennyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #56
paulnelson20

Coincidence? Maybe

So i've waited for days for the Rhaposdy service to appear and nothing i've had 9.1 for about 5 days now. So I decided to try it out with my computer, signed up, with the same e-mail, address, credit card, etc, as i did for tivo. And not five minutes later the service shows up on my tivo. Freakin Creepy.
paulnelson20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #57
kas25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc425

Thanks!
Just tried it for a little while. Got in fairly quickly 2-3 times but got held up the fourth. I tend to think its the tivo, though, as I immediately went over to Weather and got "Please Wait" for a long time as well.

Fipped around and got a long message that basically said "internal error" when i was flipping through "New Releases". I did page down through the first 3 sets of new releases and shortly after Clapton's new release I paged down again and got the error. Not sure if this was the end or not that caused the error but it hadn't happened before and I look through New Releases regularly. I hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #58
kas25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt
Kas25,

That effort will be appreciated. Anyone else streaming Rhapsody online channels over their Tivo might wish to have a look at what's available compared with their favorite channel. HipHop lovers can kindly ignore said request!
I can see the 60s Rock but I think you may have been looking in Top Channels rather than searching by Genre?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:39 AM   #59
BarryD99

>>If everyone could try Rhapsody again tonight>>

Tried it last night well after this message was posted. I could't get past the please wait.

Tried it again, and then this morning. Both times I got the application but never got a track to play. Tried several different options - rhapsody channels, my library, etc. Each time it hung up loading the first song. Never got to play anythng.
BarryD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:23 AM   #60
mtchamp

Last night on my first try I got "Please Wait" for 30 seconds, so I pressed the TiVo Guy button and went back to TiVo Central and started over. Second time I got in right away. This problem of hit and miss is fairly consistant, although I think it has improved for me. This new Rhapsody feature might be the first popular HME feature that users go to everyday, so it's time to put some big bucks into the servers or whatever and make it come up instantly eveytime.