TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #361
windsurfdog
Hoof Hearted?

As posted in the other thread mentioned by ohmark:

My TP has received the new Rhapsody application and, in the limited time I utilized it last night, it seems to be working well. The gui has not changed...not that I expected it to...so the time spent appears to be solely to fix the connection problems. Song load times seem to be snappier than before. Otherwise, the experience is about the same.
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:20 AM   #362
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfdog View Post
As posted in the other thread mentioned by ohmark:

My TP has received the new Rhapsody application and, in the limited time I utilized it last night, it seems to be working well. The gui has not changed...not that I expected it to...so the time spent appears to be solely to fix the connection problems. Song load times seem to be snappier than before. Otherwise, the experience is about the same.
The Rhapsody app loads and I am able to navigate, but all playback gets an Error. Is anyone else getting the playback error?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #363
Pokemon_Dad
Ruler of an Unown UI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
The Rhapsody app loads and I am able to navigate, but all playback gets an Error. Is anyone else getting the playback error?
Yes, I was able to log in on my Premier but got an error when I tried to play music. It blamed my network or ISP, but there was nothing wrong with my connection from nearby computers. I haven't tried again.
TiVo PC / Nero LiquidTV << not recommended
Silicon Valley, CA
Pokemon_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #364
bklockhart

Rhapsody playback error

I got info from a TiVo agent that they are rolling out a new software update to correct this. How long that will take is anyone's guess. I had a 2-week trail extended to 3 months after I explained the problem to a Rhapsody agent. Can't argue with that level of customer service. TiVo just seems to be so slow at updates or fixes and I am sure they wouldn't dream of reimbursing anything for an app problem.
bklockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #365
ohmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklockhart View Post
I got info from a TiVo agent that they are rolling out a new software update to correct this.
And you believed this? Seriously??
ohmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #366
Pokemon_Dad
Ruler of an Unown UI

Quote:
I got info from a TiVo agent that they are rolling out a new software update to correct this.
Premiers have already received the update, and the latest information is that TiVo currently has no plans to update older models.

Visit this thread started by ohmark, and you'll see why we're all sounding so annoyed with TiVo this week: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=474277
Silicon Valley, CA
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #367
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Dad View Post
Premiers have already received the update, and the latest information is that TiVo currently has no plans to update older models.
Well, I can Login to Rhapsody and get to tracks, but every track returns an Error and nothing will play. My SW version is still 14.8.U2, I wonder if that matters? And why hasn't it updated to a newer version? I have Restarted several times and still no SW update.

14.8.U2 has been rock solid for me, with no random reboots or any problem with the HDUI.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #368
Pokemon_Dad
Ruler of an Unown UI

Quote:
Well, I can Login to Rhapsody and get to tracks, but every track returns an Error and nothing will play. My SW version is still 14.8.U2, I wonder if that matters? And why hasn't it updated to a newer version? I have Restarted several times and still no SW update.

14.8.U2 has been rock solid for me, with no random reboots or any problem with the HDUI.
Yes I am getting the same error here, sorry for not repeating that again. Same TiVo version.
Silicon Valley, CA
Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #369
bklockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
And you believed this? Seriously??
But the dude was SO sincere. Alright then. He was stringing me along. There is still no update and no fix. Lesson learned.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #370
ohmark

Quote:
But the dude was SO sincere. Alright then. He was stringing me along. There is still no update and no fix. Lesson learned.
Tivo rolled out the Rhapsody fix early last week. I assume that was what the Tivo CS rep was talking about. But, I assume that was not your problem.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #371
bklockhart

The 'fix' you're referring to didn't fix anything. It brought Rhapsody back instead of the inane 'system maintenance' message, but it's still not working properly. I called a rep about this and was told another fix was rolling......out.....soon.....sigh. Still waiting and it's been over a week. Strung along, indeed. Shouldn't complain given the Series 2 and 3 snubs. Jeez...
Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #372
ohmark

Quote:
The 'fix' you're referring to didn't fix anything. It brought Rhapsody back instead of the inane 'system maintenance' message
But, see, it fixed the inane message! That fix, however, did fix my Premiere so that it is accessing Rhapsody normally. Are you sure the Tivo rep wasn't mistakenly referring to the fix already rolled out? The Tivo cs reps have been seriously misinformed or completely uniformed througout the entire Rhapsody fiasco.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #373
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:

Noticed I had SW 14.8c this morning and Rhapsody is now working.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #374
Pokemon_Dad
Ruler of an Unown UI

Quote:
Noticed I had SW 14.8c this morning and Rhapsody is now working.
Confirmed, got 14.8c here and Rhapsody is now working. On the Premier only.
Silicon Valley, CA
Old 08-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #375
bklockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
But, see, it fixed the inane message! That fix, however, did fix my Premiere so that it is accessing Rhapsody normally. Are you sure the Tivo rep wasn't mistakenly referring to the fix already rolled out? The Tivo cs reps have been seriously misinformed or completely uniformed througout the entire Rhapsody fiasco.
Just came through last night. Rhapsody is back up and running albeit with some minor annoying glitches. I can't seem to explore music and similar artists much deeper than 4 screens/menus when fields come up blank. Getting back to the home screen is simple enough, but have also found on playback this evening I still get the occasional freeze up. Overall, though, I'm glad to have it back. Really unfair for the series 2 and 3 subscribers, though.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #376
cking

Tivo not upgrading Rhapsody for TivoHD signals the beginning of the end for TiVo

I can't begin to express how unhappy I am with TiVo for making the decision not to update legacy TiVo boxes with Rhapsody service.

TiVo customers who own lifetime service on their boxes happen to be the people who are your most loyal supporters and will continue to buy more TiVo boxes over the years and recommend them to friends if they continue to be satisfied and happy with their investment in TiVo.

The fact that TiVo does not support services that were sold as being features of the product when I bought my first series 2 Tivo box years ago and then recently bought a TiVo HD is unforgivable (unless there are truly significant technical hurdles and this is not a scam to get people to upgrade to Premiere boxes)

I used to love TiVo as a company and am sad to see the direction things are going in. I have heard lots of negative things from people I know that have bought Premiere boxes, and to be honest after this change I will be shocked if I ever buy another TiVo box again.

TiVo, if you are listening, please reconsider this decision (or provide a more adequate explanation of why Rhapsody has been phased out for all but your newest DVRs?)

I love your service, but moves like this make me want to seriously consider something other than TiVo the next time around (And as I'm sure you've seen there is a lot of that going around)
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #377
Chris Gerhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Tivo not upgrading Rhapsody for TivoHD signals the beginning of the end for TiVo

I can't begin to express how unhappy I am with TiVo for making the decision not to update legacy TiVo boxes with Rhapsody service.

TiVo customers who own lifetime service on their boxes happen to be the people who are your most loyal supporters and will continue to buy more TiVo boxes over the years and recommend them to friends if they continue to be satisfied and happy with their investment in TiVo.

The fact that TiVo does not support services that were sold as being features of the product when I bought my first series 2 Tivo box years ago and then recently bought a TiVo HD is unforgivable (unless there are truly significant technical hurdles and this is not a scam to get people to upgrade to Premiere boxes)

I used to love TiVo as a company and am sad to see the direction things are going in. I have heard lots of negative things from people I know that have bought Premiere boxes, and to be honest after this change I will be shocked if I ever buy another TiVo box again.

TiVo, if you are listening, please reconsider this decision (or provide a more adequate explanation of why Rhapsody has been phased out for all but your newest DVRs?)

I love your service, but moves like this make me want to seriously consider something other than TiVo the next time around (And as I'm sure you've seen there is a lot of that going around)
I think this is a little overly dramatic. If anybody here understands what it would take to get Rhapsody running on the old boxes again and knows that TiVo is deliberately not updating the boxes despite the fact it would be easy and inespensive, please post the proof. I understood when I purchased TiVoHD that any and all services and features requiring third party support were subject to removal, TiVo has no control over those aspects of the service.

Rhapsody made the change that caused the service to no longer work and I don't have any idea how difficult it would be to get it working again or if it is even possible. The 1% or so of series 2 and 3 TiVo owners using Rhapsody are disappointed, I am sure, but it isn't clear what can be done to fix the problem other than finding another product to use for the service.
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #378
Pokemon_Dad
Ruler of an Unown UI

Whether it's the fault of Rhapsody, TiVo or nobody at all, this has been the final incident spurring me to cancel my Rhapsody service after almost ten years. Rhapsody's low streaming bitrate has bothered me for a long time, it just sounds terrible, and I am much happier with MOG's 320 kbps. And overall, Rhapsody just doesn't have the spirit of the original Listen anymore. The service was run into the ground after it was purchased by Real, and has never recovered even after spinning off "independently" with Real as a large shareholder.

I'd be glad to discuss the other services I checked out first, but MOG is my final choice. (Spotify? Meh.) I've got the MOG app on my Android phone, and there is an iPhone app. (The mobile bitrate stays high in Wi-Fi, but cranks down automatically for 3G.) I've got their web player on Linux net-tops attached to TVs, and on my Windows laptops. They've just released a dedicated client in the Mac app store too. Don't get me started on Rhapsody's poor Mac support over the years.

TiVo should worry too. While exploring MOG and other music services I found descriptions of the Roku player really attractive, not to mention all you can do with just one home PC or laptop. If I were younger and just starting out, I don't know why I would consider locking myself into an expensive Comcast/TiVo jail. But that's another discussion.
Silicon Valley, CA