TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #1

Tivo slide bluetooth dongle works on PC

I needed to transfer a photo from a cellphone to PC, but I don't have the cable at hand. So I plug the tivo slide's usb dongle on the PC and was able to pair it with my phone and transfer the file!

So, the tivo slide usb dongle is just a generic usb dongle like those that come with cordless mouse? If I plug in a generic usb dongle into the Tivo, would it also work with the slide remote?

And if I plug a bluetooth dongle into the PC, can I pair the PC with the tivo slide and use the slide as a remote control for the PC keyboard?
Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Yes, the Slide is pretty much a standard USB HID device. People have plugged lots of different USB keyboards (both wired and wireless) into the TiVos. I'm not sure anyone's tested a Slide with a PC -- I've meant to, but haven't got around to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Does it have problems responding to button presses and/or interpreting one key press as many? I'm just curious if these are problems with the slide or with the Tivo.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Neither my Slide nor the TiVo it's connected to has any such problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpBE View Post
Does it have problems responding to button presses and/or interpreting one key press as many? I'm just curious if these are problems with the slide or with the Tivo.
My slide has delayed response, sometimes a few seconds, when using it without line of sight to the tivo. Once tivo responded, the subsequent keys get immediate response, until the remote idles for a while.

Not sure if it's a bluetooth issue or tivo overloaded issue. When I get a PC USB keyboard I'll plug it into the Tivo USB port to test the response time.
Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
sirfergy

I paired my Slide with my PC, but it doesn't seem to work as a keyboard. Is there something special I need to do?
sirfergy is offline   Reply With Quote