TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
menos

audio drop out

I'm having a problem with my new Tivo HD. When I'm watching a HD channel (via cablecard) i notice occasional audio drop outs. I've also noticed that I can pretty much trigger it if I have one show recording and I'm watching an HD channel and I go into the guide. Paging up or down in the guide will often trigger a cutout.

I've got the tivo connected to my receiver via optical. I notice that when the audio drops out my receiver is loosing the optical signal from the tivo.

Has anybody else noticed something similar? Do I have a bad unit?
menos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
mnorton33

I've got the same problem. Notice it mostly with HD sports. Any help out there?
mnorton33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #3
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by menos View Post
I'm having a problem with my new Tivo HD. When I'm watching a HD channel (via cablecard) i notice occasional audio drop outs. I've also noticed that I can pretty much trigger it if I have one show recording and I'm watching an HD channel and I go into the guide. Paging up or down in the guide will often trigger a cutout.

I've got the tivo connected to my receiver via optical. I notice that when the audio drops out my receiver is loosing the optical signal from the tivo.

Has anybody else noticed something similar? Do I have a bad unit?
TiVo fixed similar behavior (audio drops when in guide) a couple of software releases ago. If you have a brand new TiVo, perhaps it hasn't updated to the latest software yet - it can take 2-3 days unless you help it along. Post another message here if you still have the problem and have had the TiVo going for 4 days or so.

Note that there will always be (rare) audio drops heard occasionally, especially in sports and live news. The networks don't have completely solid HD implementations yet, and problems tend to show up when using mobile equipment. But the problems you describe are worse than that and are pretty definitely TiVo related.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
DTG

I have audio problems using just a sharp AQUOS Cable Card TV. NO TIVO involved at all.

I have noticed that in my case the problems are frequently content related. For example, a show will have perfect audio, and a commercial will come on with really bad dropouts. And things will go back to being fine when the commercial completes.

And my tivos sometimes have audio problems too.
2 Premiers with Lifetime
DTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
menos

I'm running 9.2a Is there a newer version? And how would I go about getting it?
menos is offline   Reply With Quote