Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #181
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post

The second episode was a repeat that I never saw before.
Both episodes were new.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #182
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Both episodes were new.
OK then that explains why I never saw it The second episode is usually a repeat, and I've missed an epiosde or two this season.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #183
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
The drunk guy at the restaurant didn't even get tased. What was it doing in a tasing special ep?
He fulfilled the "confused" quotient of the evenings episode title
Old 03-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #184
janry

Due to storm coverage our local Fox channel didn't show the first segment of the first show. Did I miss anything good?

The guy falling over after being tazed was amazing. What a good fall!
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #185
Bob_Newhart
My Custom User Title

Quote:
I'm surprised the officers decided to flip the truck back over and pull the guy out even though he was unconscious and badly hurt, rather than wait for the fire department..
I think they said that they thought the car was starting to smoke and were afraid it was going to explode.
Bob_Newhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #186
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Newhart View Post
I think they said that they thought the car was starting to smoke and were afraid it was going to explode.
did you see smoke? or were they just looking for an excuse to drag the guy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #187
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
did you see smoke? or were they just looking for an excuse to drag the guy?
yes.. there was smoke
Old 03-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #188
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by janry View Post
Due to storm coverage our local Fox channel didn't show the first segment of the first show. Did I miss anything good?
That's the one that Neenahboy was referring to. Not all that exciting or amusing, unless you are easily entertained by stupid drunk people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Newhart View Post
There was smoke, but it was more of a whitish smoke, probably from the car overheating after it lost all of its coolant. If it was catching fire, you'd know it right away.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #189
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
That's the one that Neenahboy was referring to. Not all that exciting or amusing, unless you are easily entertained by stupid drunk people.
I am indeed entertained by them, as long as it's not them in my house!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #190
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I am indeed entertained by them, as long as it's not them in my house!
watching guys like the one at the restaurant just is a sad thing to me

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #191
cheerdude
Reed & Juliet's CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
agreed, i busted out when I saw that this evening, and then backed up and watched it again, it's great!
We did too!
cheerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #192
steve614
what ru lookin at?

The K-9 in the first segment of tonight's episode had him a nice rump roast.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #193
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
The K-9 in the first segment of tonight's episode had him a nice rump roast.
Are you talking about the guy they found hiding under the Mustang in the carport? The dog never bit him, and it was another officer (non K-9) who actually found him first.

I can't remember the last time I saw an actual K-9 bite on COPS. OTOH, if you want to see those, look for "K-9 Cops" on Animal Planet. They seem to have at least one per episode.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #194
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Are you talking about the guy they found hiding under the Mustang in the carport? The dog never bit him, and it was another officer (non K-9) who actually found him first.
No, he's referring to the knucklehead who ran through several backyards and hopped a fence. The first officer on scene was a K-9, and the suspect got bit on his thigh. Thereafter, he screamed, "Ow, sir, my leg! It hurts, man!"
Old 04-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #195
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Thereafter, he screamed, "Ow, sir, my leg! It hurts, man!"
I bet it did, too. That dog was doin' some chewin'.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:54 AM   #196
Donbadabon
Geocacher

He was such a whiner. He kept crying that he couldn't walk, and the cop told him he wasn't going to carry him. lol
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #197
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

No one's checked in for a while.

I thought we were going to have the second televised shooting on Cops tonight. Don't think I've ever seen an episode where the cameraman's had to help restrain a suspect.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, along comes the hysterical dog lady. Wow.

Last edited by Neenahboy : 09-13-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Neenahboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #198
nmiller855

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a woman would actually take a dog from someone else in the manner she did. I can understand why her husband might leave a person that obsessed over a dog that she would spend the kind of money she did then go take one thinking it is hers.
Then you have the drunk guy running from the cop, flipping the car, trapping his buddy then saying someone else was driving even though he had injuries matching the damage.
I've never seen a cop car with the hard plastic seats. Is that something that most areas have now?
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #199
MrGreg

Anybody else notice that COPS seems to have 90%+ of their segments in Las Vegas, Florida, or SoCal now? I guess they just follow the crazy.
MrGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #200
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a woman would actually take a dog from someone else in the manner she did. I can understand why her husband might leave a person that obsessed over a dog that she would spend the kind of money she did then go take one thinking it is hers.
Then you have the drunk guy running from the cop, flipping the car, trapping his buddy then saying someone else was driving even though he had injuries matching the damage.
I've never seen a cop car with the hard plastic seats. Is that something that most areas have now?
Many departments are using the hard plastic molded seats now. The main purpose of those seats is to keep suspects from hiding evidence between the cushions of the standard seat. It also helps to restrain the suspect by not giving them much wiggle room.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #201
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMidnightBombr
Many departments are using the hard plastic molded seats now. The main purpose of those seats is to keep suspects from hiding evidence between the cushions of the standard seat. It also helps to restrain the suspect by not giving them much wiggle room.

And they're easier to clean when a suspect gets a beatdown.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #202
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
No one's checked in for a while.

I thought we were going to have the second televised shooting on Cops tonight. Don't think I've ever seen an episode where the cameraman's had to help restrain a suspect.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, along comes the hysterical dog lady. Wow.
I don't think that's what happened.

The cop was called out to help the fire department with someone who was fighting with them.

I believe the people who jumped in to help were the fire department / paramedics who were behind the cameramen. I believe one was even wearing a fire dept shirt.

It's also possible that the camera crew have security personnel to keep them safe, and might've jumped in.

I don't think there would be any circumstances that would warrant the civilian camera crew jumping in to take down a suspect.

Adam1115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #203
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

The camera went down, and as it was doing so you could clearly see a guy in a black shirt (with no fire department markings) help restrain the suspect.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #204
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
The camera went down, and as it was doing so you could clearly see a guy in a black shirt (with no fire department markings) help restrain the suspect.
I think the camera guy was pushed out of the way. Like I said, he could've been a security type person.

Question, who do you think held the camera while they were fighting? (it came back up...)

Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #205
nmiller855

I agree w/Neenahboy on this. The cops had been called because the firefighters had a combative subject. He had left the scene & was walking down the road away from the original so the firefighters were not around.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #206
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I agree w/Neenahboy on this. The cops had been called because the firefighters had a combative subject. He had left the scene & was walking down the road away from the original so the firefighters were not around.
You seriously need to watch it again.

One of the two guys was wearing a Los Angeles Fire Department T-Shirt. The other guy had a logod shirt that was blurred out, he was either a paramedic or a security guard protecting the crew.

AND, the cameraman was STILL HOLDING the camera after the incident!

It was NOT the cameraman who tackled the guy.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #207
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I just watched that scene again and the cameraman DID get involved.
He didn't put the camera down, but he did take it off his shoulder and hang on to it with one hand.
I think he tried to help restrain the suspect with his free arm (when the camera was pointed away), but when the other guys jumped in, he went back to just being the cameraman.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #208
firerose818
Graduate student!

TC CLUB MEMBER
We weren't sure about the cameraman either. It did look like he jumped in, although later you see a man in a black shirt wearing a badge around his neck.

Per Wiki, an incident on a previous season in Atlanta led to a camera man helping restrain a subject.
firerose818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #209
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Don't forget there's a sound guy, too. I'll have to rewarch, bit thought there was a cut in there where the camera guy does drop the camera and gets involved.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #210
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
After rewatching it, the guy in the black shirt is either the sound guy or the camera guy. There is a cut in there where it looks like the guy in the black shirt hands the camera to another guy (probably the sound guy) to film, which is why I'm not sure if the guy in the black is the original camera guy or the sound guy. There is also a paramedic helping after the cut. I'm betting the guy in the black is the original camera guy since he doesn't appear to have the audio gear around him. Right as the officer goes down, the camera spins to the left and you can see the guy running up has sound gear on a belt, and I don't think there was time for him to drop it.

They don't have security that travels with them. It's just the camera guy and the sound guy (who is also the field producer and gets the releases and stuff).