TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #571
cannonz

Starting to look like it has been cancelled again.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #572
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
Oh No! Really??
Old 04-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #573
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
They're currently filming in San Jose.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #574
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post

Old 04-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #575
Jim_TV

I too noticed that there haven't been any new episodes at 8 PM on Saturday nights in several weeks. Of course there are a million repeats on Spike TV as well as more old episodes called "Cops Reloaded" on CMT. Hope to see new episodes on Spike TV soon.
Jim_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #576
WhiskeyTango

It's done for the season. They've already aired 22 new episodes, the last one being on 3/8.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #577
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_TV View Post
Of course there are a million repeats on Spike TV
Many with no guide data, so have to do culling expeditions sometimes. Guess I should try a "Tupper Method" autorecording wishlist instead.
mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #578
ewolfr

Quote:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...lice-officers/

And it looks like they just started as well. I've always wondered how many hundreds of hours they must record to get the segments that eventually show up on tv.
ewolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #579
cannonz

Quote:
Glad to hear it's not cancelled.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:13 AM   #580
cannonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Many with no guide data, so have to do culling expeditions sometimes. Guess I should try a "Tupper Method" autorecording wishlist instead.
I got tired of the culling, cancelled the season pass.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:48 AM   #581
Jim_TV

Quote:
I got tired of the culling, cancelled the season pass.
I don't mind culling the few old episodes that litter my upcoming recordings scheduling queue once a week or so, but you can always just re-add the season pass back when the show returns with new episodes in the fall.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:00 AM   #582
cannonz

Quote:
I don't mind culling the few old episodes that litter my upcoming recordings scheduling queue once a week or so, but you can always just re-add the season pass back when the show returns with new episodes in the fall.
I didn't mind when was just a few but became more and more, a few even got by and were recorded but luckily some were very old ones I had never seen.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #583
Jim_TV

It appears that there might be a new episode this Saturday July 12th at 8 PM EDT on Spike TV. My DirecTV DVR program guide lists this as a new episode.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #584
Bob Coxner

Thanks for the tip.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #585
mattack

wait, july 12 is NEXT saturday
Old 07-04-2014, 05:15 AM   #586
cannonz

I wondered if the guy that insisted on getting tased in recent episode (after hand signs and acting a fool in parking lot) had seen the cops camera van following officer and on the spot thought of his act. Now after seeing ewolfr's post maybe he saw that they would be in his area and might have been driving around looking for them to put on his show.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #587
RonDawg

There is no "COPS" camera van. The crew rides in the backseat of the patrol car. The KPIX news crew (if you're referring to JFriday's link) would be the ones following the San Jose PD officers. But those episodes have not aired yet.

As mentioned already, there is a new episode on July 12th, but that may or may not be of San Jose PD. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned an episode of an incident that actually occurred two years or so earlier.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:11 AM   #588
cannonz

I wasn't saying it was that city, just if they announce they are in area what ever area it is. And many times on show I've seen van following with equipment, don't know if it was marked or not. You also see van lighting scene up when they come back to car after chase a lot. And I'm sure the TV station would have a microwave truck near in case something happened to air it before any other locals.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #589
cannonz

http://www.wkrg.com/story/24411279/c...ng-in-prichard While technically not a van clearly their vehicle, and when camera follows cop chasing someone the camera guy jumps out of a van's side door if suspect runs immediately, (seen from his point of view many times) not after talking to officer (and being filmed by cameraman that was in back of car) imagine how long it would take camera man in back seat of car to get out with camera and chase.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #590
hairyblue
A good Man

I saw that news report here in Mobile. Prichard is in Mobile County and very high in crime. I don't get Cops anymore because I don't have cable TV. It's a shame, Cops was a staple of my Saturday TV, when I use to watch it live with friends.

I am now stuck with Cops Reloaded for OTA tv. Which are reruns repackaged.

The chief of Prichard shown in that clip has moved on. They told us about in on the news. I don't know if Prichard was too much for him or not.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #591
RonDawg

Quote:
http://www.wkrg.com/story/24411279/c...ng-in-prichard While technically not a van clearly their vehicle, and when camera follows cop chasing someone the camera guy jumps out of a van's side door if suspect runs immediately, (seen from his point of view many times) not after talking to officer (and being filmed by cameraman that was in back of car) imagine how long it would take camera man in back seat of car to get out with camera and chase.
If there's embedded video in that link, it's not showing when I bring it up on my Mac. All I see is a small pic of a couple of guys standing at the back of an SUV in a parking lot with a camera sitting on the ground.

Almost every episode I've seen of COPS (and I've watched just about all of them) shows the filming of the officer from either the front passenger seat (if the officer is solo) or from the back seat of two-officer units. In early episodes I've also seen them inside of SWAT vans and even helicopters. Occasionally they will film another patrol car from what appears to be the inside of a police car of some sort, usually a Crown Vic.

A big problem with using a separate follow vehicle is that if the officers are giving chase, or otherwise driving at high speed, that vehicle legally (at least in California) cannot also break the law to keep up. In fact, in California any non-emergency vehicle is required by law to maintain a 300 foot distance of any emergency vehicle with its overhead lights activated even if it is driving below the speed limit, like many fire trucks do. Plus a big part of COPS is the live commentary from the officer about what is going on, and they can't do that if they're in a separate car.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #592
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

What you are seeing in that picture, I'm certain, is a support vehicle that carries additional equipment (cameras, batteries, sound equipment, cables, recording media, etc.) I'm sure they will probably occasionally intersect with the support vehicle to swap out equipment, but otherwise the filming all occurs from within the squad car, not from the support vehicle.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #593
mattack

Yeah, in the past, I have definitely seen the camera guy open the door of the police car when he starts running after a guy.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:12 AM   #594
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Yeah, in the past, I have definitely seen the camera guy open the door of the police car when he starts running after a guy.
Those COPS camera operators are in awesome shape. Even carrying that heavy camera around, they sometimes outrun the cop they are riding along with
Old 07-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #595
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
It appears that there might be a new episode this Saturday July 12th at 8 PM EDT on Spike TV. My DirecTV DVR program guide lists this as a new episode.
I'm seeing odd details about the guide data that makes me question it a little bit. On my TiVo Roamio, it has the "NEW" tag, but also has the (R) indicating a repeat. It also has "First Aired: 7/19/14" in the description, making it a new repeat from the future.

It also shows it as Season 27, Episode 2, possibly the least odd detail about the guide data.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #596
Jim_TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I'm seeing odd details about the guide data that makes me question it a little bit. On my TiVo Roamio, it has the "NEW" tag, but also has the (R) indicating a repeat. It also has "First Aired: 7/19/14" in the description, making it a new repeat from the future.

It also shows it as Season 27, Episode 2, possibly the least odd detail about the guide data.
On my DirecTV DVR program guide the episode title is listed as "Mohawked Cleaning Service" and says First Aired 7/12/14 (today) so it appears to be new. My DVR also correctly skips over the multitude of repeat episodes on Spike TV all week long and also picks up the next new episode next Saturday 7/19/14 at 8 PM EDT titled "Batter Up".
Old 07-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #597
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Yeah, I've just tuned in an they're promo-ing the new season starting with tonight's episode.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #598
cannonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post

Obviously was originally planned to be the second this season airing next week, but for what ever reason got switched, next weeks says aired 7/12.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #599
cannonz

Quote:
On my DirecTV DVR program guide the episode title is listed as "Mohawked Cleaning Service" and says First Aired 7/12/14 (today) so it appears to be new. My DVR also correctly skips over the multitude of repeat episodes on Spike TV all week long and also picks up the next new episode next Saturday 7/19/14 at 8 PM EDT titled "Batter Up".

I'm intrigued by the tin foil I wonder if it's as simple as putting strip in rear window to reflect car behind headlights back into their eyes. For some bizarre reason was a fad when I was kid.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #600
Jim_TV

Quote:
I'm intrigued by the tin foil I wonder if it's as simple as putting strip in rear window to reflect car behind headlights back into their eyes. For some bizarre reason was a fad when I was kid.
Aluminum foil loose in people's cars is almost always drug paraphernalia because it's used to smoke drugs.